Advice for PLus Size brides

csy

i heard they say if one party never comb hair, than the other 1 also cannot. Either both don't do or both do.

I might be doing away with gate crashing too. Partly becoz i not too sure whether i am getting sisters/bride maids..paiseh to ask people to help leh

daintyaqua

hmmm... think will skip gate crashing for the below reasons:
- me no jiemeis cos friends/cousins all married liao + me only child
- my hubby only 2 "brothers" but they are more like our drivers on AD
- we are & feel kinda old for the gate crashing thingy (perhaps this has nothing to do with age but we just think gate crashing a bit bo liao *no offense intended*)
- we arent having any montage during banquet hence gate crashing is not very critical

as for the hair combing thingy, my FH din want to go thru it becos his mom dont know how to go about it so we decide to skip the whole thing lor.

daffier

me also not tht keen on gate crashing for e following reasons:

1) mum house is door to door so limited space to stand also
2) hubby's frens not very 'on' for gate crash
3) hubby got limited choices for xiong di n cars..

I c how many xiong di he have then decide on jie mei..

csy

how's the schedule like if i am doing away with the gate crashing

hubby come and pick me, go his house for tea ceremony, than come back my place rite?

i thinking of asking my hubby come and pick me ard late morning, than after the tea ceremony, we can go somewhere for photos before oging to hotel to rest and prepare

daffier

by right he fetch u then go back his home serve tea then go ur home serve tea..

if both sides dun mind then he can fetch u n serve tea at same time then go his side serve tea then go for some outdoor photos then hotel..

danlee

Hi, Stacey.

Have sent you an email.
happy.gif

Sorry to send you late due to work busy recently.

daintyaqua

my FH was just telling me that the auspicious timing to fetch me on AD is like btwn 7-8AM! *faintz*

got to incur extra charges somemore for MUA & PG to arrive at 6am. *sigh*

daintyaqua

btw, me also thinking of going to doctor to see if he can prescribe sth for me to eat so can lose weight more effectively.

has anyone tried that?

danrebe

Hi Dainty (daintyaqua),

I tried before and I suggest that don't take the medicine from Doc.... There some side effects will happen to you. Some ppl skin breakout, health problem etc... (better dont take if near AD). Maybe try detoxic... fruits diet , excerise...More friendly to the body.

I personally go for detoxic after my encountered with Doc pills... PM me if you want to know more.

royal

Dear gals,..

Remember your FH likes you for who you are..so dun be too worry about losing weight..just be yourself and enjoy ur wedding preparations... big woman can be beautiful too... Enjoy the process...else when you looked back in time, u can only remember names of diet pills...Good luck!

danlee

Hi, DanRebe.
Already sent you an email this afternoon. Hope to hear from you soon.
happy.gif

Hi, Charmaine.
Still din hear from you.
sad.gif

missyling

i tink the most harder i tries.. the more stress i gotten... the weight goes higher... hahaha
going to have 1st appt with the BS in april.. hopefully weight dun shoot up again....

daintyaqua

hmmm... my 1st appt for gown fitting at BS is in less than 2 weeks time.
somewhat nervous & excited at the same time.
are we supposed to strip in front of the wedding co-ordinator huh? must wear strapless bra on that day?
appreciate if someone who have been through their gown fittings can share some info/tips with me.
many thanks in advance!

myfavchoco

dainty,

don nid wear bra inside... jus wear the gown, cover the important parts... then call ur coordinator to come in the zip up for u.

u so far haven tried any gowns?? i mean when u go sign package wif them.

daintyaqua

myfavchoco, no leh becos we sign up during the wedding fair roadshow hence din get to try on any gowns.
prior to that, we have also never visit any BS. We wanted to look look see see but end up signing up with the 2nd BS during that fair.

myfavchoco

dainty,

kekee.. u miss out the fun part. =)
thought my BS is the 1st BS i went to and i quite like their package but hubby and i insist on ouur "target" which is, we must visit at least 5 bridal shop before we decide on which to sign with.

daintyaqua

actually, i also wanna visit a few BS before signing. i have shortlisted GHA and white link but who knows FH says got wedding fair at vivo, then go liao, ended up signing up with a totally different BS lor.

daintyaqua

seems that this forum not too active recently.

anyway, just to share, i did manage to lose a little weight (2.3kg) with the medicine i get from doctor. took for 3 days liao.

also thinking of going for those jamu massage cos read that massage can actually firm up saggy/flabby skin.

turbbit

I am between a 14-16. Wanted to lose weight for the big day but recently just signed up with Di Gio Bridal and the designer asked me not to do so. Every gals wants to look best on their most impt day right....

Personally do not fancy idea of pills or slimming centres. Trying to start with jogging twice a week but think results are rather slow...Any ideas how to slim the waist/tummy and tone the thick/flabby arms?

daintyaqua

turbbit, i used to walk the threadmill daily for 60mins but my weight dont seemed to go down. i was told that my metabolic rate is extremely low which is why weight stayed stagnant for 2 yrs inspite of healthy diet & regular exercise.

now i am on this pill prescribed by doctor. i started to lose some weight for the first time in a long, long time. i think its becos the pill actually helped to kick-start my metabolic rate. so its more effectve now when i exercised.

i have HUGH arms too. i started to swing my arms about 200 times a day recently. havent seen any difference yet but i will continue to do so hopefully can see some improvements in 2 month's time.

csy

actually, u can consider

pressing your hand on the wall and do 'push-up'
but standing up.

can feel the strain after a few times

daintyaqua

dear all, i finally went for our first fitting yesterday and surprisingly, it went very well!
happy.gif

and best of all - i dont need to take MTM!! my FH is over the moon lah cos he's actually prepared to fork out another $800 for my MTM. so now, he considers this as savings of $800! :p

most gowns are in small-cuttings so i din try but luckily, my co-ordinator helped me choose a few gowns that come in big cuttings. and all are nice!
happy.gif
i managed to fit & zip up except for one victorian type which I absolutely adore but is unfortunately only in small-cutting. this gown not chosen by the co-ordinator, my FH happened to chance upon it & we both like it so much. the co-ordinator agreed to let me try but i completely cant zip up. T_T they say they can release the inner cloth about 2.5-3" from each side to allow additional 5-6" so i can zip up! Lol. like super desperate hor! but i will try to lose more weight so they dont have to do so much work lor. so overall, i managed to choose 2 halternecks WG (1 smooth satin type with train, the other pom pom type), 2 bustiers EG gowns (the victorian pom pom one i mentioned earlier, the other in dark blue, smooth A line type). will choose 2 costumes from the studio (perhaps japanese and kua) for my PS.

my ROM dress is probably the only thing i din quite like becos they only have one gown for me to try due to my size. and i din really like the design lah but anyway, will stick with it cos dont want to waste extra $$ to buy another dress lor. my ROM dress is those plain white bustier short A line type with lace at the hem. the hem only reach my kneecap which i dont quite like cos my calf also fleshy so prefer if can cover under mid-calf but i guess bo bian cos most of the ROM dresses all short short types. my co-ordinator added ribbon at the waist for me so wont look so plain & boring. it does look nicer when a long & satin ribbon is attached to the waist lah.

and my PS is on 30 apr!! cos in may, they are rather full already! wont have much time to lose weight but keeping my fingers crossed nevertheless.
happy.gif

w3ngal

anyone got idea where to get clothing for plus size aunties around 40++ yrs old? has to attend a wedding dinner but dunno where to get suitable clothings

csy

any of u going for oversea shoot?
where u liaise directly with local PG and MUA?

can share with me?

cholemel

Angel,

I've tried a few diet plan which work pretty well.
1) Fruit & Vege Detox Meal.
Just purely fuit and vege. No sauces, no sugar, no salt if possible. And no soft drink. Only plain water. Min is 3 full days. Max is 7 days. The last time i tried 3 days, lost appx 2-3kg.

2) Protein Meal
Just meat, vegetables. No carbo. No softdrink.
Min also 3 days if not mistaken.

3) Keep your calories Under 1000. And increase activties like walk appx 10000 steps per days.

Hope it helps. Jiayou.

amanda1982

hi ladies... might if i join you all. I am also a plus size BTB. Think I m getting plus plus size now... having big problem such as losing wt and trimming my huge arms. *HEADACHE*

tokyoboyz

i m a plus size bride too..haven manage to lose the weight too..my arms are so chunky..i jus had my photoshoot on last friday =(

tokyoboyz

hi (Amanda1982),
my bridal studio is Bridal Zone..the photoshoot was not so good, the photographer(very nice and patient) had to keep telling me not to hunch(my fault) and the assistant had to repeatedly use the veil to try to cover my chunky arms.. =(

i think wat makes things worse is my hubby is the super skinny type..beside him i look HUGE..

btw, u born in 1982? if yes, me too =)

daintyaqua

june_june, i think most BS will do some digital touchup/photoshop etc so dont worry too much, ur PS will turn out nice.
happy.gif

i am also having my PS very soon (on may 8), like you, my hubby is also those skinny types, to be more exact, he's tall and thin while i'm short and fat.

nevertheless, we will go for our PS with an open mind and hope that the day will turn out fun and eventful.

csy

ladies, where do you all get your shoes?

i got big feet - size 10-11. Usually i get it from pedal works but i dun think they sell those silver ones.

Another forum is suggesting custom made but i afraid it will be too exp.

danlee

Hi, June.
My bridal shop also BZ.
May I know whether BZ has good range of WG & EG selection for big size bride?
I am going for 1st fitting next month.

glenda

Hi all, im also a plus size bride, going for my PS on 5may...i agree with SY Chen...let's just have fun and not worry so much about our arms or anyting else...if we have a happy heart, we will shine from within =)

glenda

oh ya, about the sweating....my friend was telling me that the Rexona deodarant spray is quite effective...i'm thinking of getting that for my PS...anyone tried that before aso?

csy

effective in?

sometimes sweat too much, later body become sticky sticky like that.

I think must choose a good windy day ah..haha

glenda

haha...i agree, the weather impt too.
Rexona spray is effective in keeping the underarms dry as what my friend told me =)