ACCOMODATION:TOKYO & OSAKA

sereneli

Thanks! Been using that and http://www.jnto.go.jp for info too!
happy.gif

ah_kat

Helo,

Planning a holiday to japan and Osaka in first week of jan. Havent book my hotel yet, any recommendation?
We will be buying the JR pass since have to travel from Tokyo to Osaka - any idea how long the journey will be?

Thanks!

ah_kat

sereneli

Hi Ah Kat,

For your reference, I will be staying at Sunshine City Prince Hotel & Mercure Hotel Ginza Tokyo, when I am in Tokyo and for Osaka, I have booked Hotel Il Cuore.

I think the journey from Tokyo to Osaka via bullet train is about 3 1/2 hours.

ah_kat

Does anyone know if the shops/anywhere else are open on 1 Jan 2008??

Am planning to leave on 31st Dec and touching down on 1 Jan 08

Thanks!

yingsan

i tot of going on package tour + 2 days free & easy to tokyo.. it is $1488 before airport tax travelling by Asia Global (sub of chan bros) for 7D5N. is it reasonable?
the itinerary is as such:
Day1 - leaving for tokyo
Day2 - Mt Fuji
Day3 - Fuji Q highland & Sanrio Puroland
Day4 - F&E or choose disneyland or disneysea (topup $100 each)
Day5 & 6 - F & E
Day7 - back to singapore

yingsan

it is actually 5 nites hotel...

any idea hw is fuji Q highland and sanrio puroland?? im nt really keen in gog theme park as i dun dare to take the rides.. and for this tour, it did nt go anywhere except theme park.. tik i will nt consider it..

joyfulhands

Re: hotel in Tokyo
I came back from Tokyo F&E just before x'mas & stayed at a small decent hotel 10mins walk away from Ueno Station. I booked a tatami room for 11,000 yen (~S$140 per night) for 4 nights. Luckily the room isn't that cramped as I've imgained & it has attached bathroom, toilet & wash basin area.

If you're in Ueno area, don't forget to go to Ameyoko.

Really missed Tokyo alot!
happy.gif

qiqi81

yingsan> i also booked a package with Asia Global but too bad, the tour was cancelled due to insufficient people. Hence have cancelled the package and booked with CTC..

ariezian79

hi Tris,

which package did u book with CTC?
I saw from the website there is one 7 days japan + Universal studios. I think should be getting that... how much u paid for it? i was thinking of extending for another 2 days.. want to go to the Anime shopping area and musuem..

qiqi81

i booked the 7 days Central Japan + Universal Studio and have extended my stay for another 3 nights. Tink we paid about $5K since there is a increase in the airport taxes..

ariezian79

hi tris

i went to CTC today but it seems like they dont allow me for extending my stay. So i took up another offer from Super travels 9 Days Central Japan + Shanghai @ $2.3K per pax instead.

joyfulhands

stevis,
I don't check this forum regularly, hence the late reply. I stayed at Hotel New Izu. When back in SG, I wrote an email to express my pleasure at their hospitality & they in turn sent me a postcard :) Very nice of them.

Btw, anyone keen to get the Tokyo Metro open tickets? I've a pair of 2-day adult tickets to let go at S$20, valued at 980yen each.
This deal is inclusive of free local normal postage.

The Tokyo Metro ticket cover 8 major subway lines running through Tokyo, excluding JR Line. Personally I find it a good deal especially my family travelled to 2-3 places a day & it helps us save on transport costs.

* The 2-Day Open Ticket is good for two consecutive days.

* You can save 30% for two days, compared with the price of One-Day Open Ticket available in Tokyo, which are 710 yen for adult fare.

* The ticket is valid for six months from the date of purchase (Dec 07).

More info on my blog:
http://joyfulsale.blogspot.com/2008/01/tokyo-metro-train-tickets.html

If interested, please email me: [email protected]

babykhoo

hi SZ,

u can check out North West Airlines. They should still have their $479 promo to Tokyo. I bought mine from NW for $714 per person inclusive of tax for departure March.

preciousmoments

joyfulhands and babykhoo,

I just checked. Northwest still has the promo. It's $715 for round trip with taxes for end Mar departure.

As this is my hubby and my first trip to Tokyo, we are not sure where are the die die must visit places. We are thinking of departing on 15th and coming back on 22nd Mar.

Any one has recommendations for hotels? I will stay 2 nights at Mercure Ginza cos we have the Accor card too. Need to search for cheaper accommodation for the other 5 nights.

sereneli

Hi SZ,

Not sure if SA still has the promo going on for 1-for-1 deal @ $1188 without taxes for 3D2N, so 2 nights stay is at Sunshine City Prince or similar and you can extend, like what I did. I am going on 12th March and back 20th midnight.

With tax, I paid about $1800 for 2.

s__h

Hi SZ,

have you confirm your booking using the accor voucher?

You need to confirm now so that you can confirm to get the rooms

joyfulhands

SZ,
I've replied your email.

For hotel, I paid 11,000yen (about S$140+) per night for 4 nights for a tatami room with attached toilet & bath. It's a small but clean & decent hotel. The best is its location, just 10mins walk from JR train station. Btw I'm not a business promoter of the hotel.

babykhoo

Hi SZ,

Not sure if you still need accom recommendations. Let me know if you are interested. I finally finished planning my Japan F&E trip. Quite tedious but worth it lah...cos I think save more $$$. Managed to keep the cost to $3.5k for me and hubby for 10D9N.

Does anyone in the forum have any recommendations for food in Tokyo, Kyoto or Osaka? Please advice.

preciousmoments

Hi babykhoo,

I am still looking for accom for 4 nights. Care to share where you book with me? You don't accept PM. Maybe you can PM me the details. Thanks

sther

Hi all, planning my honeymoon in first week april..gg 2 weeks f &e tokyo and hokkaido..Any hotels and flights to recommend?

snowysun

babykhoo,can share your iternary and hotels that you would be staying with me? We booked 7D famous cities with Disneyland + Universal Studio with ASA Holidays. Tinking of extending, but have not submitted the extension form. Gota pay $125 per pax, just to facilate the ext. Shld have booked with ANA instead coz they do not charge extra for extension.

Booked during the fair over last w/e.

miztylady

Hi, Babykhoo, can share your itinerary and accommodation? I was looking at another hotel which looks good and cheap at abt S$130 for 2pax in Tokyo. It has a branch in Osaka, but am thinking of other hotels if available. Already booked tics for 28 Mar to 6th Apr and need to plan out the places to go..

mzlt7879

Hi Dew,
I am also planning a trip to Hokkaido and wish to extend my stay. If you book with ANA, is it true that there is no charge for extension? But I enquired with a few agencies carrying ANA packages & there is a $100 charge for extension each.

mzlt7879

Hi Dew,
I am also planning a trip to Hokkaido and wish to extend my stay. If you book with ANA, is it true that there is no charge for extension? But I enquired with a few agencies carrying ANA packages & there is a $100 charge for extension each.

jule

I believe it's the First Choice packages for ANA, which doesnt charge for extension. I went with them few years back.(www.fch.com.sg)

The other tour packages which fly by ANA will charge for extension

zenith

hi gals, I'm planning a F&E trip to tokyo for my short honeymoon. planning to go in june. on a tight budget. any recommendation for place to visit, good food & accomodation? most likely i can onli go on a 6D5N trip. must go is disneyland/sea & mt fuji. is disneyland or disneysea better?

hi babykhoo, can share your itinerary & accomodation?

qiqi81

sanrio puroland - indoor theme park.. not much rides.. more for shopping if really like sanrio stuffs..

universal studio - outdoor theme park.. more on rides using movie theme..

kerry

Hi Tris,

tks for your prompt reply.

i'm considering whether wan to get into the sanrio puroland a not.. keke.

qiqi81

kerry> i went there but there is nothing much just shopped for the stuffs and took pictures.. But guess it is up to each individual on what they like and want to see...

kerry

Hi Tris,

ya, i agreed with you coz i went into their website, seems like is wat u mentioned.

tks for your info.

gnny

hi joyfulhands
I am going Tokyo this weekend, just wonder if you have pictures of new izu hotel jap room that you can share? thks

hi, i'm planning a trip to Tokyo for F&E 5D4N, any recommendation for accomdations?

hi babykhoo, can share your itinerary & accomodation?

thanks!

lavenderbear

Hi, i was in Tokyo last year and stayed in Villa Fontaine, Mita. It's a very new hotel and views are fantastic. On a clear day, i even managed to take a pic of Mount Fuji from my room. Price is reasonable and it's 5mins walk away from JR Tamachi and Mita Line. Check out:
http://www.hvf.jp/eng/mita.php

preciousmoments

I just came back from Tokyo too and I highly recommend Mercure Ginza. Very accessible and cheap prices with the Accor card. If you love shopping, Ginza is the place to be in.

sereneli

Hi SZ,

I was also staying at Mercure Ginza from 17 to 19th Mar!
I like the room but kinda boring cos in Ginza, a lot of high end stuff and little street stuff to see
happy.gif