2017 brides

Taustaus

depends on when you want your wedding? you doing it before you house arrives? cos technically you only need a ROM cert to collect your keys, can do a simple ceremony at ROM first, then slowly plan for wedding reception(if any) in mid yr/ end of yr?

depends on when you want your wedding? you doing it before you house arrives? cos technically you only need a ROM cert to collect your keys, can do a simple ceremony at ROM first, then slowly plan for wedding reception(if any) in mid yr/ end of yr?

I was planning to have the ROM same day as the wedding recep at some cafe/ buffet style. but apparently ROM can only book 3 months in advance? So I cannot book for June now?

pikachuuu

THE gown is not a myth hahah because i managed to find it at TGW the day, also had to upgrade to the 1988 package because we ended up having lunch and dinner.

you need a coordinator with a really good eye and also friends who know your style. for my first couple appt i went with my htb, naturally guys -.- just filter out the dress which match my criteria (THE gown, ended up to be everything opposite from my criteria). then for this appt i went with , htb and my friends (bridesmaids), so that really helped. they also made me wear a lot of ridiculous ones based on the rationale that "so u know what u really don't want" and finding THE gown is really a stroke of luck. also unlucky since it is premium. haiya.

Renerie

hello all, just to share my experience over the weekends when me and my htb went to look at AD package with 3 bridal studio.
I'm initially a Jan 17 bride (yea it's super rush and last min) but due to some circumstances, we've postponed to Nov 17.

I've search online on gowns and really like the one with Rico A Mona, The gown Warehouse & Beautiful Love Wedding. so I've made an appointment with them and head down last sat.

our first stop is Rico A Mona and we were attended by Tiffany. She's really nice and patient, giving us lots of idea and did not push us for their package and only proceed to give more details when we probed her. their AD package is quite reasonable and to top up for PWS. when I showed her the gown I like, she immediately went to look for it and other similar design, all for me to try when I told her I'm just looking around to compare the package.

we left and head to a bridal fair at suntec - which is actually seletar Broadway. the staff is super pushy and we couldn't stand and walked out after 15mins. their catalog are mannequin hence its hard to visualize how it actually look like when worn.

then we walked to raffles hotel for beautiful love wedding- attended by grace. everything is good and she gave good recommendation until we told her we are still considering and her face changed immediately. and we aren't allow to view the gowns before committing to her. their package is expensive but there's 20% so it's worthwhile and we're tempted to sign till the change of face.

I've seen online the package for the gown warehouse and it's really basic. hence to top up rest and it'll be about the same price as Rico A Mona so I've skipped them and decided to sign with Rico.

waiting for the dates to select my gown in Apr/May 17 as we're told there will be new collection.

Hi dhmgms,

can you PM or email me details of your Rico AD package? Thanks.

[email protected]

aliciamzh

haha same! @pikachuuu i managed to find THE gown on the day i went TGW. i agree with you, really need a coordinator w a good eye. since i'm petite frame, the lady who attended to me went to take a gown specifically tailor for petite. and it actually fits me perfectly and i fell in love with it right there and then.

Jiayou to the rest of the BTB to find THE gown!!

Renerie

Hello ladies! I just went down to Odelia Bridal and Rico-a-mona today.
Just want to share my opinion and feedback. we weren't really convinced by Rico on their photography and MUA. For Rico, IMO, they do have alot of gowns and their service is also quite good. but then their photos are more general and it's their gowns that are special.

For Odelia Bridal as we feel they are more flexible and they go for quality more. n my friends tell me that it's either i go for the photo quality or the wow-ness of the gowns. but i was determined to find a studio that can offer both! their package is really competitive and they include alot of perks that i can't seem to find anywhere or maybe i dont knw how to bargain enough. :D the boss of the studio is Rex from Luvaddict and previously 2 of us photography. and he's the main PG and the one who is going to take our PWS too. And as for their gowns, the lady boss designs them herself, and from what i understand she says there's new arrivals coming in every mth. I tried like 2 gowns today n i was sold~ their styles are more classic. and their photos are unique. :p HTB was really impressed with them and we signed with them.
i'm not paid to give this feedback in case you are skeptical. a genuinely overexcited BTB here! LOL.
You can pm me if you need more info on the package i have got! happy to share!! =))

Hi Elmo,

can you pm or email me the package details with Odelia? Thanks.

[email protected]

angelineloves

I agree with you! when I went to Louvre booth during their roadshow at Marriot Tangs, I shared with them my budget ($2.5k-$3k for AD & Rom package only) and they dont seem interested to entertain me hahaha.. :\
But Beautiful Love Wedding bridal is way worse than them.. when I share with them my budget, the person say "yes I can accommodate by giving you lousy gown and if any thing happen is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS." So much for the good reviews online..!

Eventually, I have signed up with The Gown Warehouse whom has very good service. They let me try tons of gowns before committing and also share with me on the different types of gowns and which suits me best. BEST OF ALL THEY ARE NOT PUSHY--- if you want to go home and think by all means :)!
Another BTB has shared with me that Gown Villa has super nice and good gown too and staffs are not pushy u can try too :)!

Hello x3Fang! can you share with me their package? thank you! [email protected]

I was planning to have the ROM same day as the wedding recep at some cafe/ buffet style. but apparently ROM can only book 3 months in advance? So I cannot book for June now?
Hello baby breath! Not sure if u mean rom outside at the cafe, if so then u can look for a jp first :) after getting ur jp then can register online. If your house is coming, concurrently also should look at ID alr :D

Tingzcrown

Hi Elmo,

can you pm or email me the package details with Odelia? Thanks.

[email protected]

i also signed with odelia however i'm not pleased at all with them. I signed with them with the boss rex, at a roadshow and he promised we can take even new gowns overseas for photoshoot (they mention just help to take good care of the gowns) !

We of cox sign with them without further thinking as i like two of their gowns. Never did i expect to get rejection from the staffs when i went over to their shop to see. They say lady boss say it's quite new, hence cannot bring over !

We are rushing during the roadshow and they seems quite sincere in signing us hence we did not think so much and just sign !

And everytime we go for a fitting, they collect payment when we yet to use 1/4 of the service $3000 !!! meaning every visit they find all reasons to collect money from you !

So disappointing

Minet

I ended up buying my gown at a clearance sale! I may or may not sell it depending on how I feel after the wedding. Haha for my htb, we are going to make his suits as they can be reused for other functions so quite worth it.

It all depends on your budget. I know of friends who travel to Bangkok to do the same, it's almost half the price (or even less) than what you'll pay for in Singapore. A friend of mine even bought from h&m and Zara - they offer good value and have a range of cuts to fit most.

Hi phirahh,

Can you share to me where u got your wedding gown in bkk. Planning to go there next month. Appreciate your reply. Thanks much!

Renerie

i also signed with odelia however i'm not pleased at all with them. I signed with them with the boss rex, at a roadshow and he promised we can take even new gowns overseas for photoshoot (they mention just help to take good care of the gowns) !

We of cox sign with them without further thinking as i like two of their gowns. Never did i expect to get rejection from the staffs when i went over to their shop to see. They say lady boss say it's quite new, hence cannot bring over !

We are rushing during the roadshow and they seems quite sincere in signing us hence we did not think so much and just sign !

And everytime we go for a fitting, they collect payment when we yet to use 1/4 of the service $3000 !!! meaning every visit they find all reasons to collect money from you !

So disappointing

Hi Tingzcrown,

So sorry to hear about your incident. Thanks for highlighting, will no longer consider them.

Any other good Bridal shops to recommend?

Perlin88

Dear All,

I just had my wedding 27th Nov.

And I did engaged a lady who did my floral decor for my Solemnisation area and stairs way.
And I ordered these from her :

6 medium balls for the staircase rungs
10 small balls for chairs
5 Bridesmaid bouquet
5 corsage
1 Car decor according to your bouquet (main+ 4 doors)
2 floral crowns

My PWB oso got from her too

Given tat she is new in this industry but her passion make the outcome look beautiful! Especially the car Decor which I don't Wan any sash or ribbon on it. My hubby & I are both very happy with the outcome of the overall floral decor. Pic of the actual day is not ready yet but u can trust me she is one of the reasonable price n passionate lady I found. Thank god!

You can contact her at 9178 5455 Melissa

Good things are meant to share

Perlin88

I signed a package with ZWedding last year. Anyone else here with ZWedding or looking to sign with them? You girls heard any reviews about them?

Good choice! I have signed with them too. My wedding was last mth... All pics turn up great! My all my gowns got Gd compliments which make me a happy bride

msyanyan

Any JB MUA to recommend? I'm gonna have a second dinner in JB! Hmm I like style like Christine Chia's.. or Cynderella by Cynthia Oh

akane81

By the way, I just did my pre-wedding shoot in Seoul yesterday. I had so much fun even though it took the whole day (7am-8pm) and enjoyed myself so much that I was so sad when it ended. If anyone is thinking of doing pre-wedding in Korea, I strongly recommend Kohit wedding to help you coordinate. I contacted many others like (i-do wedding, onethreeonefour) but Kohit was the cheapest and only one that was able to help us fulfil our dreams of taking the shoot in the snow, their service (coordinator plus actual studio) is so superb that i feel strongly about recommending them to everyone. :)

pikachuuu

By the way, I just did my pre-wedding shoot in Seoul yesterday. I had so much fun even though it took the whole day (7am-8pm) and enjoyed myself so much that I was so sad when it ended. If anyone is thinking of doing pre-wedding in Korea, I strongly recommend Kohit wedding to help you coordinate. I contacted many others like (i-do wedding, onethreeonefour) but Kohit was the cheapest and only one that was able to help us fulfil our dreams of taking the shoot in the snow, their service (coordinator plus actual studio) is so superb that i feel strongly about recommending them to everyone. :)

was it cold? haha sounds fun! Cant wait for mine in Apr :D

akane81

I'm lucky, Seoul weather for these few days not as cold as last week or past weeks, so I was able to take pictures in the gown even for outdoors. Have lots of fun trying on gowns and posing during your shoot!

pikachuuu

I'm lucky, Seoul weather for these few days not as cold as last week or past weeks, so I was able to take pictures in the gown even for outdoors. Have lots of fun trying on gowns and posing during your shoot!

dont wanna have too much fun because I can't bring their skilful MUAs and beautiful gowns over to SG lolol

Jsweds

I was in seoul 2 days ago! And it's freezing!!! Amazing how can you do it :) mind sharing your quote from kohit?

sv_17

Hello!

June 2017 btb here :) We signed our PW package with French Wedding and will be going for the shoot soon.
Venues have been confirmed and we're still on the hunt for a wedding gown & tux.

Any recommendations for gown & tux rental? Thinking of checking out The Gown Warehouse since I've been reading good reviews

akane81

I was in seoul 2 days ago! And it's freezing!!! Amazing how can you do it :) mind sharing your quote from kohit?

Oh I was lucky that during the shoot and the first few days I was there temp was about 7-10 degree, only the last two days when I was leaving it dropped to sub zero and was super cold then.

As I had special request of going to a ski resort, many coordinators I went to charged me 1k more on top of their normal package (due to logistics and transports issue), I-do wedding quoted me almost 4k so I went to Kohit that cost 3.6k.

Their packages includes 4 hours of indoor shoot and 4 hours of outdoor shoot, my fiance and I had 4 sets of gowns/suits each, this is on top of one casual outfit which we prepared on our own for the snow shoot. By right in our contract groom only have 2 sets of suits but the studio was so nice to throw in another 2 sets of suits during the shoot itself so that my fiance outfit can complement my gowns.

Other things include:
30 pages album
20R frame with chosen photo
all photos taken will be given to us in a CD
pickup from hotel and dropoff before and after the shoot
one helper and one interpreter during the shoot

Kohit also thrown in a free behind-the-scene video and I think they had uploaded quite a few videos on Youtube so you can take a look. Of course, the final photo quality depends on the studio chosen but Kohit did a very good job as the coordinator/interpreter and I think their price is the cheapest with many things thrown in.

frommisstomrs

Just a quick review more one 15 marina.

Honestly I don't find the CS good. I went to recee and honestly things were all smooth and good till the day I paid the deposit.

Email replies got really slow, messages to the co-ordinator got zero replies.

I am supposed to go for my food tasting in Jan 2017, everything was booked. My family and I took leave to find out that they are unable to have food tasting. Only informed us less that a week beforehand.
Still waiting to see how they solve this issue.

I would recommend this place to any brides at this point in time.

Hi Everyone, I'm planning for my wedding :) and target date to end of 2017 and early 2018. would appreciate if BTB can recommend me the masters that you all went to for wedding dates selection. any other masters other than master long or master david tong? Thanks. I'm looking for MUA, PG for PW and AD, Bridal studios / Homemaker wedding gown (know that Vivian is one of them and Tien is no longer doing home personalised gown anymore :( ) and good Chinese restaurant. would not be looking at hotels as my fiancé and I love good food and would want all my guests to be treated with nice food!Cheers! Pm me or post tag me here will do. TIA!

msyanyan

Hello BTBs, anyone getting ampoules on your own? Able to share which brand you're getting n from where, price? Saw a few but dunno what's good!

DOC LIM

Based on the mixed types of reviews found on line .
I would like to give my honest genuinely opinion .
They are really nice and helpful peoples that we have met .
We have just done our pre wedding shoot last month .
The photos turn out really nice .
Hopefully they could received more appreciative clients .
Keep it up Feline Wedding :)

abalsea

Hi to all BTB

My Wedding is blissfully completed and i would like to let go some items.

You can refer to link --> https://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/post-wedding-sale-rent.31154/

to purchase items separately was really a nightmare for the reception decor and DIY candy bar set up. hence, would like to offer my setup for rent. Do PM me if you would like to find out more or if you have any questions pertaining to wedding planning :)

I did my ROM and Wedding Lunch at Sheraton Towers. Bridal Studio - Rico A Mona. Taiwan Pre-Photoshoot - Bluebay. Honeymoon Destination - Maldives :)

For Rent - DIY Candy Bar Setup (Please PM)

My XDJM set up both candy bar and photo table in 30 mins.

upload_2017-1-9_23-9-14.png

picture1-copy-jpg.33425

upload_2017-1-9_1-32-52-png.33426

DIY Photobook Decorations - For Rent (Please PM)

decor-table-1-jpg.33427

upload_2017-1-9_1-35-10-png.33428

upload_2017-1-9_1-35-27-png.33429

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-9_23-9-35.png
    upload_2017-1-9_23-9-35.png
    929.3 KB · Views: 82