2017 brides

micheelllee

Welcome to all the new BTBs, thanks ladies for your reply. I guess I wont go calculate then cos the date chosen meant a lot to us!

tanahmin

welcome!! i'm somewhere in mid 2017 too! end May though :)

HiHi! congrats to u!! :)

Has anyone engage 520Library wedding package? Love their photography, but their package perks seems abit little. Thinking should I go Ala carte (gown rental at B queen + makeup/hairdo + photographer)? Cos going Ala carte on pre wedding + Package on AD = more ex den a normal bridal package.

adrreg

@tanahmin oh you will be renting from BQueens? I've heard of them too just wondering what's their price like. have you seen their gown collections yet? i signed for a prewedding in kenting, tw. so i'm thinking to go ala carte for AD. since most bridal packages do not have photographer and videographer included these days. plus my fiance is likely to custom make his own suit too

tanahmin

@tanahmin oh you will be renting from BQueens? I've heard of them too just wondering what's their price like. have you seen their gown collections yet? i signed for a prewedding in kenting, tw. so i'm thinking to go ala carte for AD. since most bridal packages do not have photographer and videographer included these days. plus my fiance is likely to custom make his own suit too
@adrreg Im thinking whether to go for package or ala cart. Cos found some nice photographer and I dun really like those "traditional pose" photoshoot. Haha. prefer those "natural feel". Has enquired with Bqueen, their gown rental are mostly at abt $350. Bqueen do have wedding package too.

adrreg

@tanahmin oh thanks for the information! i might make an appt with them to go have a look at what they have =/ if u wanna get freelance photographer for your prewedding and u have additional budget for the shoot u can consider Kent Wong Photography! he's style is impressive:) but his cost is a little steep compared to the usual packages.

tanahmin

@tanahmin oh thanks for the information! i might make an appt with them to go have a look at what they have =/ if u wanna get freelance photographer for your prewedding and u have additional budget for the shoot u can consider Kent Wong Photography! he's style is impressive:) but his cost is a little steep compared to the usual packages.

Yup! u can fb msg them on e price and make an appt with them. I might go down n take a look too... do share your experience next time :)
Well, my bf gave me a tight budget :( KNS. that why im stressing out. haha! trying to squeeze in AD (PG + VG) at $2k.

Need your advice! If im going to solemnize at 6pm, do you think the vg will have enuff time to edit and show the clip during banquet? Or shld i solemnize in the afternoon?

hellostrangeerr

hello all!

I'm a June'2017 BTB! will be heading down to the bridal show this week at marina square : ) What will be the good guideline for bridal package?

aralex

Hi all! have a friend who's just starting out and wants to build her portfolio in wedding photography. she's interested to do AD photograph. What price range do you guys think would be a comfortable range that you will pay for? She'll be bringing her friend along to take the photos so it's both of them in a package.

tanahmin

Hello! I'm New too and planning to hold our wedding at end of 2017. Anyone started sourcing for venues?

Hihi!! I have a few in mind but yet to go down and take a look, cos some of the banquet price has not yet released. May consider Carlton/Park Royal at Beach Road/ Novotel :) Prefer pillarless ball room.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Need your advice! If im going to solemnize at 6pm, do you think the vg will have enuff time to edit and show the clip during banquet? Or shld i solemnize in the afternoon?

usually the VG will be able to finish up the highlights before the 1st march in. best is to check with your VG directly and see if he/she is shooting alone or with a partner. if it's 2 of them, then they shld be able to finish by then or even before.

adrreg

@tanahmin thanks! For the BQueen info(:) will share any info if I go for an appt! Share your exp too if you do:)

Looks like you ladies have been doing homework for venue!! I haven't visited any hotels and my wedding is 2017 May. =/ I actually thought there's still a lot of time for venue identification, but seems like I shd be doing that soon? I'm thinking of Novotel, Grand Park City Hall. Anyone visited these 2 hotels before? Haha any exp to share?

tanahmin

@tanahmin thanks! For the BQueen info:)) will share any info if I go for an appt! Share your exp too if you do:)

Looks like you ladies have been doing homework for venue!! I haven't visited any hotels and my wedding is 2017 May. =/ I actually thought there's still a lot of time for venue identification, but seems like I shd be doing that soon? I'm thinking of Novotel, Grand Park City Hall. Anyone visited these 2 hotels before? Haha any exp to share?

@adrreg No prob! I actually went to the 1st bridal shop, 520 Library 2 days ago. Super like their service and price nt bad (inclusive of AD photographer), but holding it first cos I have yet to source other shops yet :p Both of husband n wife are super friendly and totally no hidden cost. Their gown are more to lacey and simple type. My friend told me that Novotel abit hard to arrange meetup cos weekend they dun entertain and they prefer to meetup abt 6pm during weekdays which is abit rush for us.

mifenmei

Yup! u can fb msg them on e price and make an appt with them. I might go down n take a look too... do share your experience next time :)
Well, my bf gave me a tight budget :( KNS. that why im stressing out. haha! trying to squeeze in AD (PG + VG) at $2k.
Have u decided on yr photo/videography? My budget also around 2k for both

cyncwy

Hihi!! I have a few in mind but yet to go down and take a look, cos some of the banquet price has not yet released. May consider Carlton/Park Royal at Beach Road/ Novotel :) Prefer pillarless ball room.
Hello!! Is ur table a lot? My family is v big therefore about 40 plus tables.. Limited choices

es91

I am planning to have military March in.. If the ballroom width is about 13.5m length, will it be too short for my sword bearers?

es91

Fullerton, Intercon, Gwp and Concorde. Concorde is very affordable but im disturbed by the exterior haha

Haha, but the ballroom is nice and spacious. I guess the only con for this place is the exterior. Been to Fullerton few weeks back, the lunch package for 2017 is around $1450 per table excluding quite a lot of things haha.

adrreg

@adrreg No prob! I actually went to the 1st bridal shop, 520 Library 2 days ago. Super like their service and price nt bad (inclusive of AD photographer), but holding it first cos I have yet to source other shops yet :p Both of husband n wife are super friendly and totally no hidden cost. Their gown are more to lacey and simple type. My friend told me that Novotel abit hard to arrange meetup cos weekend they dun entertain and they prefer to meetup abt 6pm during weekdays which is abit rush for us.
Oh that's a new bridal I've heard! Hahaha how is the package price like? I saw their photography seems good. Would you be able to share the info? Hahahaha u can PM me if u feel that's better. I'll be going to TGW and K Gowns this Sunday! Will share details after my appts(:) thanks for the info anw! (:)

rinjin

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and also a 2017 BTB. Just wondering if anyone is planning their wedding in Feb 2017 as well?

Serenityyy

Hi all BTBs,

My AD is on 25 Feb 2017 and settled my banquet back in Oct 2015 with Hilton. I love their chandeliers and pillarless design, strategic location and v friendly and 'Zai' Business Development Manager June Wee (worked more than 10 plus years w Hilton). Understand many brides might have concerns over the bad/unlucky news about them, I wasn't taken aback in any sense as I personally worked in hotels before, and suicide cases are too common (just whether are they broadcasted to the media).

If any brides have any concerns over Budget (cheaper than other 5 star hotels) and less tables (less than 25), I strongly recommend you all to consider Hilton.

So far I'm v pleased with June's fast service and felt really at ease. Shall wait till different meet up sessions and I will constantly update in this thread.

Now I'm cracking my head for bridal shops.... Contemplating between Z Wedding (only worry is the # of photos and price) and Rico A Mona/ Digio. If you all have any comments of feedbacks please tell me! Thanks!

ivy93

Hi all BTBs,

My AD is on 25 Feb 2017 and settled my banquet back in Oct 2015 with Hilton. I love their chandeliers and pillarless design, strategic location and v friendly and 'Zai' Business Development Manager June Wee (worked more than 10 plus years w Hilton). Understand many brides might have concerns over the bad/unlucky news about them, I wasn't taken aback in any sense as I personally worked in hotels before, and suicide cases are too common (just whether are they broadcasted to the media).

If any brides have any concerns over Budget (cheaper than other 5 star hotels) and less tables (less than 25), I strongly recommend you all to consider Hilton.

So far I'm v pleased with June's fast service and felt really at ease. Shall wait till different meet up sessions and I will constantly update in this thread.

Now I'm cracking my head for bridal shops.... Contemplating between Z Wedding (only worry is the # of photos and price) and Rico A Mona/ Digio. If you all have any comments of feedbacks please tell me! Thanks!
Mine is 25th Feb 2017 too!

delola

Hi, I'm new too! Planning my wedding in first half of 2017. Looking to count the auspicious dates now. Am considering Master David Tong. Anyone has any reviews?

lhxChloe

Hi, I'm new too! Planning my wedding in first half of 2017. Looking to count the auspicious dates now. Am considering Master David Tong. Anyone has any reviews?

I'm meeting Master David Tong this Wednesday, I'll let you know if he is good!

delola

Hi all BTBs,

Hi there! My friend engaged Z wedding last year. The reviews are not good. They said the gowns look very beautiful in photos but did not look good to wear in real life on actual day. But it was too late so they took the photos with the Z wedding, and rented/bought separate gowns for actual day.

delola

I am also a 2017 bride. I am thinking of starting to take supplements or collagen to maintain my skin. Wonder issit too early? Any recomendation what to take if i want glowing and fair skin?

I tried crystal tomato recently. Worked like magic. Pricey though. So I've stopped and will start again probably 3 months before my wedding.

shermianz

I'm Jan too but 22 Jan.. Is there a thread for Jan'17 BTB? Shall we open one since it's the Dec'16 one has been up so longgg. :)

susiesusanto

I'm now a 2017 bride! Thanks to my htb's overseas posting, we had to push our date till 2017. Oh well. Thankfully venue haven't book, but had booked photographer and videographer. Will be doing my prewedding in bromo.

Venue : TBC
Date : tentatively - June 2017
PG : Loveinstills (love their love story concept. very excited to do the shoot now, hehe)
VG : Loveinstills
Photobooth : Jolly&Miki
MUA : TBC
Bridal : Ala-carte

I'm now a 2017 bride! Thanks to my htb's overseas posting, we had to push our date till 2017. Oh well. Thankfully venue haven't book, but had booked photographer and videographer. Will be doing my prewedding in bromo.

Venue : TBC
Date : tentatively - June 2017
PG : Loveinstills (love their love story concept. very excited to do the shoot now, hehe)
VG : Loveinstills
Photobooth : Jolly&Miki
MUA : TBC
Bridal : Ala-carte
Wow pre-wedding in bromo! It should look very beautiful!!

Haha, but the ballroom is nice and spacious. I guess the only con for this place is the exterior. Been to Fullerton few weeks back, the lunch package for 2017 is around $1450 per table excluding quite a lot of things haha.
Fullerton dinner for my date was taken :( i decided to book gwp for dinner banquet. Intercon is nice and slightly cheaper than gwp but the min of 34 tables scare me haha

Serenityyy

Hi there! My friend engaged Z wedding last year. The reviews are not good. They said the gowns look very beautiful in photos but did not look good to wear in real life on actual day. But it was too late so they took the photos with the Z wedding, and rented/bought separate gowns for actual day.

I was so glued when I tried the gown of Z (when I walked in), but the overall service level wasn't that desirable. I felt they were much more pushy, and the package is really steeper by at least $1000.00. You all have any recommendation please share! Thanks!