(2016) 2016 brides

cjnsal

Good idea! :D Any suggestion on the kind of wedding favour that people would like to receive? I heard some will just clear the wedding favour received during their spring cleaning :X

I saw on taobao they have things like soap, bookmarks, utensil sets, coasters, salt pepper shaker sets etc

octobride

Good idea! :D Any suggestion on the kind of wedding favour that people would like to receive? I heard some will just clear the wedding favour received during their spring cleaning :X

Oops! I'm that sort leh! So must buy something practical and confirm will use one. Or something edible.
They can eat before dinner is served.
I tried looking for edible favours but all like $1.50 and above. Out of my budget.

tulipkiss

I like chocolates or simple household items. food picks, teaspoons, tea leaves holder n such :)

my hotel gave us some choices which we narrowed down to soap and chocolates. thinking if we should alternate!

Oops! I'm that sort leh! So must buy something practical and confirm will use one. Or something edible.
They can eat before dinner is served.
I tried looking for edible favours but all like $1.50 and above. Out of my budget.

I'm one of those too.. We are thinking of not having any wedding favors as most items ppl simply will take and not use and jus throw them away. And for leftovers, what are we supposed to do with it?
@octobride: Same thought of having edible favors too but they're out of my budget. =( htb's budget will only go up to $1 each..

cjnsal

I like chocolates or simple household items. food picks, teaspoons, tea leaves holder n such :)

my hotel gave us some choices which we narrowed down to soap and chocolates. thinking if we should alternate!
ImageUploadedByForum1461237902.408835.jpg

some soap only cost $0.25 on taobao

ImageUploadedByForum1461237956.768918.jpg

Poker cards good also ah? Every house also need :p

Jamietn

I got problem to verify my account thru my phone app .. and can I know if I can order and request to courier my things to somewhere in China? ? As my htb need to go there for working..

cjnsal

I got problem to verify my account thru my phone app .. and can I know if I can order and request to courier my things to somewhere in China? ? As my htb need to go there for working..

Why not? Just order from taobao and direct ship to hotel?

octobride

I'm one of those too.. We are thinking of not having any wedding favors as most items ppl simply will take and not use and jus throw them away. And for leftovers, what are we supposed to do with it?
@octobride: Same thought of having edible favors too but they're out of my budget. =( htb's budget will only go up to $1 each..

Same! My budget is also $1 max per person. Edible favors all at least $1.50 and above.
Even those home bakers also quoted me $1.50 per cookie. So exp.... (sorry i'm a cheapo) :p

Jamietn

Same! My budget is also $1 max per person. Edible favors all at least $1.50 and above.
Even those home bakers also quoted me $1.50 per cookie. So exp.... (sorry i'm a cheapo) :p

Does you like tea ? I saw a website in Malaysia repacking the tea leaves and even able to Customize your own thank you card.. you can alternate it with tea leaves and tea holder. .

tulipkiss

View attachment 29884

some soap only cost $0.25 on taobao

View attachment 29885

Poker cards good also ah? Every house also need :p

oh haha.. they are using molton brown soaps. which I believe cost around the same as the chocolate n praline set they are offering.. anyway it's alr inclusive in the banquet package, regardless of which we choose.

but looking through the posts here.. seems edible favours are more popular? :) we may pick the chocolates bah.

Last edited:

Jamietn

Honestly I think most guests will not like it...

Actually nowadays guests are very choosy u give them chocolate they will say something like " huh 2 pcs nia "

If give them some practical items they will say so small need to keep topping up haiz.. always a hard decision. .

octobride

Actually nowadays guests are very choosy u give them chocolate they will say something like " huh 2 pcs nia "

If give them some practical items they will say so small need to keep topping up haiz.. always a hard decision. .

But if no wedding favors like very boring. Later kena said by friends and relatives. hahaha...

Jamietn

But if no wedding favors like very boring. Later kena said by friends and relatives. hahaha...

Actually I tot of doing a candy / dessert buffet at the end of the event hall with my favourite colour theme and the guest can taobao whatever is there .. and at least i and htb can set the budget of $500.. then no need to do favour le..

octobride

Actually I tot of doing a candy / dessert buffet at the end of the event hall with my favourite colour theme and the guest can taobao whatever is there .. and at least i and htb can set the budget of $500.. then no need to do favour le..

I think old ppl will not take....

tulipkiss

Those guests who may comment things like "huh 2 pcs nia", do they attend weddings for the sake of the wedding favours? Lol. or so hard up for a few more pcs of choco? o_O

I’ll usually try to compliment on the wedding favours if there’s nothing better to chat about. the choco can look nice / taste good / be well packaged [even if it’s “2 pcs nia”]. If the wedding favour is an practical item, even better, praise it for practicality!

tulipkiss

some ppl will tapao 'more than their share' and result in other guests not even having the chance to see what's on ur candy bar :X
i was surprised when one of my friends (in her 20s) did so also.. she made sure she took 1 of every selection at the candy bar. candies, chocolates, cupcakes, cookies) if there are variation to the chocolate labelling like 'X & Y wedding' and 'Y & X wedding', she took both too!

wedding favours will be more 'fair'... haha..

octobride

Those guests who may comment things like "huh 2 pcs nia", do they attend weddings for the sake of the wedding favours? Lol. or so hard up for a few more pcs of choco? o_O

I’ll usually try to compliment on the wedding favours if there’s nothing better to chat about. the choco can look nice / taste good / be well packaged [even if it’s “2 pcs nia”]. If the wedding favour is an practical item, even better, praise it for practicality!

Hahaha. now then i know it's not easy to plan for a wedding!

Melissa.Babyunn

octobride

Cannot dont agree more with this!
Super true can, eat & eat, then comment this & that..

And yes, now our turn, which, we tend to feel gan jiong over it!

Ya lor :(
Now like. Aiyaaa should have pay more attention to the details.

You only got 3 more months to go lei. Everything should be settled liao right?

Melissa.Babyunn

Ya lor :(
Now like. Aiyaaa should have pay more attention to the details.

You only got 3 more months to go lei. Everything should be settled liao right?

Actually, not say everything settle le.. haha.. still hanging around?
Haven order the xi bing, dont know by when need to order, then will buy those wadever 过大礼 & 嫁妆 things that needs to use can le..
4dian jin also haven buy.. haha~
Emcee also dont know how but htb say he will settle..

Apart from that, the rest mostly booked everything le, monday going collect my pre-wed albums & AD gown fitting, whole journey is tedious le.. correct ma?

And i totally agree, should have paid more details when attending..
Can only pray hard, things to go well & smoothly on AD le.. ><

Jamietn

Actually, not say everything settle le.. haha.. still hanging around?
Haven order the xi bing, dont know by when need to order, then will buy those wadever 过大礼 & 嫁妆 things that needs to use can le..
4dian jin also haven buy.. haha~
Emcee also dont know how but htb say he will settle..

Apart from that, the rest mostly booked everything le, monday going collect my pre-wed albums & AD gown fitting, whole journey is tedious le.. correct ma?

And i totally agree, should have paid more details when attending..
Can only pray hard, things to go well & smoothly on AD le.. ><

Hi melissa,

Meanwhile waiting for ordering Xi bing ..

Why not try to look around for the things before ordering it and can ask the sales some questions.

Then since u need to wait for htb to find emcees why dun go online and search for their emcee scripts ..

Think of what else u want or add on .
Have you seen ur event hall le ma ?
Decide how to decor it ?

Do marketing for the guo da li and 4 Dian jin ..

Melissa.Babyunn

Hi melissa,

Meanwhile waiting for ordering Xi bing ..

Why not try to look around for the things before ordering it and can ask the sales some questions.

Then since u need to wait for htb to find emcees why dun go online and search for their emcee scripts ..

Think of what else u want or add on .
Have you seen ur event hall le ma ?
Decide how to decor it ?

Do marketing for the guo da li and 4 Dian jin ..

Hello Jaime,

Eh in fact i did all the research at my end already, for xi bing we will go with Pine Garden one, so is nearby our place, just dont know by when need to go down do the ordering..

As for emcee, we do have the script on hand already.. What i mean htb find emcee means i'm not sure who is going to be our emcee still, but he said he will take care of it..

I leave all the deco to the hotel deco theme le, dont think need to do much about it too?
Won't wanna waste unnecessary amount over it, as most people just go eat then go home~ :)

The items for the guo da li & jia zhuang one, more or less, do know which items are necessary for the actual day, hence just also the timing of when to go down the place to get it only hehe..

Anyway thanks many much!
Maybe just another gan jiong bride-to-be here :p

Jamietn

Hello Jaime,

Eh in fact i did all the research at my end already, for xi bing we will go with Pine Garden one, so is nearby our place, just dont know by when need to go down do the ordering..

As for emcee, we do have the script on hand already.. What i mean htb find emcee means i'm not sure who is going to be our emcee still, but he said he will take care of it..

I leave all the deco to the hotel deco theme le, dont think need to do much about it too?
Won't wanna waste unnecessary amount over it, as most people just go eat then go home~ :)

The items for the guo da li & jia zhuang one, more or less, do know which items are necessary for the actual day, hence just also the timing of when to go down the place to get it only hehe..

Anyway thanks many much!
Maybe just another gan jiong bride-to-be here :p

Good that u are almost there..

Hmm maybe you should ask pine garden when is the latest day to book.. as in case they have a lot of order on hands..

Once you know how many relatives to give then book it.

xrissy

Hi gals! Any idea where to buy bridal hairpiece? Im going ala carte and i think my MUA doesn't provide hair accessories. TIA!

vivcia

Hi! For those who had done their pre-wedding shoot, did you have a female friend to help you with the changing of gowns etc? My MUA is not following me along so wondering if it is necessary to ask a female friend to come along that day. Appreciate your kind advice. Thanks! :)

sakuragal05

I did got my cousin to help me.. I think it will be better if got another female friend to come along as some gowns might abit challenging to wear it up :)

ckoh

Hi btbs I will be doing my GDL in May but confused with certain things. Just to check with you. During Hui Li, is it a must to prepare Ang bows for the future parents in laws? If yes, how much should it be?

Tqvm

cjnsal

Hi btbs I will be doing my GDL in May but confused with certain things. Just to check with you. During Hui Li, is it a must to prepare Ang bows for the future parents in laws? If yes, how much should it be?

Tqvm

Never hear before must prepare for PILs leh. Only the pinjin your mum must give partial back to the male side.

ckoh

Never hear before must prepare for PILs leh. Only the pinjin your mum must give partial back to the male side.
Ok tks a lot.... Went to buy the GDL and HuiLi stuffs at Chinatown today and the store owner was telling me the PILs Ang bows. I was puzzled. Moreover my future PILs were there too. Now I don't know if I should tell my parents.

octobride

Hi! For those who had done their pre-wedding shoot, did you have a female friend to help you with the changing of gowns etc? My MUA is not following me along so wondering if it is necessary to ask a female friend to come along that day. Appreciate your kind advice. Thanks! :)

I did got my cousin to help me.. I think it will be better if got another female friend to come along as some gowns might abit challenging to wear it up :)

Nope, I do not have any fren to accompany me.

I will have a girl friend helping me! I think it's better. There's a limitation to what our HTBs can do! Haha!! GuySssss.... :)

octobride

Yup if you have then good. As my pre shoot is weekday means I nedd to ask my fren take leave too, I also paiseh.

Yeahhhh. I get what you mean. I was lucky my friend did not mind helping me.
If not, manage on our own? Tough but I think still can.

Jamietn

I will have a girl friend helping me! I think it's better. There's a limitation to what our HTBs can do! Haha!! GuySssss.... :)

Actually quite depend on whether u r the shy one or open minded one..

My pre-wedding is in taipei and my hair & makeup artist help me to change my dress all the time .. as my htb only take care of himself with the help of photographer's assistance..

1st - they are more experienced with the dress up and also know how to use nu-bra.. (for me I really dun know how to use)

2nd - trust

katyew

Yeahhhh. I get what you mean. I was lucky my friend did not mind helping me.
If not, manage on our own? Tough but I think still can.
Cause my outdoor left with a zip dress which my htb help me n casual wear so it's manageable. If tie at the back, cfm cant

katyew

Actually quite depend on whether u r the shy one or open minded one..

My pre-wedding is in taipei and my hair & makeup artist help me to change my dress all the time .. as my htb only take care of himself with the help of photographer's assistance..

1st - they are more experienced with the dress up and also know how to use nu-bra.. (for me I really dun know how to use)

2nd - trust
I also dunno how to wear the nu bra. My MUA help me to wear one. She did in 5 secs but 5 mins for me also FAILED.

Minkishly

Shit.. now I'm worried. All of my gowns are bustiers and I'm so sure that my fiance won't know how to lace it up. All my bridesmaids will be working and I'm paisey to ask them to take a day off to help me with my gown. If we pay the MUA to follow for the shoot, she'll help with the gown, right? :oops: I ordered a cheapo nubra-like bra from Taobao to practice before I commit to an actual nu bra. I don't want to ruin that expensive piece of sillicone before my AD even comes. D: A bit shy to ask the MUA / coordinator to help me to put it on, but if push comes to shove, I guess I've no choice? I don't want to end up with one big and one small boob, lol!

So excited about our photo shoot now! At first I was a little sian to do a local one; wanted an overseas one, but we're only free in July and the countries we like won't really have nicer weather at the time (thinking of NZ but we were advised that it's going to be freezing). We don't really visit the popular locations like Botanic Gardens, National Museum etc so it felt a little posed for us. Then, it occurred to me - why not have it at the zoo? We're both huge animal lovers and have many happy memories at the zoo so it felt perfect... although very unorthodox, I think. I emailed the zoo and they were super nice! They gave us recommendations for photo shoot locations and offered to help us come up with an itinerary once we tell them which exhibits / locations we want to shoot at.

Other locations we have in mind are Sentosa and the airport because those locations are special to us too. The only problem is that everything is quite far from each other so we might forego sentosa and maybe go to upper seletar reservoir for the classic tree shot since it's so near to the zoo. We might forego our night shoot in favor for a shoot at the airport since we're not that fond of the CBD area.

I'm a bit apprehensive because there aren't many zoo pre wedding shoots to refer to for inspiration; but this shoot is going to be so us, so I'm really happy about that too. c:

octobride

Shit.. now I'm worried. All of my gowns are bustiers and I'm so sure that my fiance won't know how to lace it up. All my bridesmaids will be working and I'm paisey to ask them to take a day off to help me with my gown. If we pay the MUA to follow for the shoot, she'll help with the gown, right? :oops: I ordered a cheapo nubra-like bra from Taobao to practice before I commit to an actual nu bra. I don't want to ruin that expensive piece of sillicone before my AD even comes. D: A bit shy to ask the MUA / coordinator to help me to put it on, but if push comes to shove, I guess I've no choice? I don't want to end up with one big and one small boob, lol!

So excited about our photo shoot now! At first I was a little sian to do a local one; wanted an overseas one, but we're only free in July and the countries we like won't really have nicer weather at the time (thinking of NZ but we were advised that it's going to be freezing). We don't really visit the popular locations like Botanic Gardens, National Museum etc so it felt a little posed for us. Then, it occurred to me - why not have it at the zoo? We're both huge animal lovers and have many happy memories at the zoo so it felt perfect... although very unorthodox, I think. I emailed the zoo and they were super nice! They gave us recommendations for photo shoot locations and offered to help us come up with an itinerary once we tell them which exhibits / locations we want to shoot at.

Other locations we have in mind are Sentosa and the airport because those locations are special to us too. The only problem is that everything is quite far from each other so we might forego sentosa and maybe go to upper seletar reservoir for the classic tree shot since it's so near to the zoo. We might forego our night shoot in favor for a shoot at the airport since we're not that fond of the CBD area.

I'm a bit apprehensive because there aren't many zoo pre wedding shoots to refer to for inspiration; but this shoot is going to be so us, so I'm really happy about that too. c:

You mean it's those behind tie ones?
I think you better check with your BS whether will the MUA help you with the gowns.

Photoshoot at the zoo is really a v unique and cool idea!!! Airport one like not so nice, abit boring.

ccdw

Hi all BTBs,

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable & not so pricey Photographer & Videographer? I have been asking around but they are taken. I asked my bridal studio & they are totally full; none of the PG + VG is available. I went online to check but clueless on who is better or what-nots. Pls recommend. My AD is 12 June; so I am really not left with a lot of time.. Replies greatly appreciated. TIA.

sakuragal05

You mean it's those behind tie ones?
I think you better check with your BS whether will the MUA help you with the gowns.

Photoshoot at the zoo is really a v unique and cool idea!!! Airport one like not so nice, abit boring.

For us, we took in school. Although the campus we used to study together were no longer there but if still have will better... :)

katyew

Yes. MUA will help you with gown if you engaged them for outdoor. Am those shy one too and I also dunno how to wear nu bra during my pre shoot so I hack care the face liao so ask the MUA to help. If lope sided worst right.. haha.

Jamietn

Hi all BTBs,

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable & not so pricey Photographer & Videographer? I have been asking around but they are taken. I asked my bridal studio & they are totally full; none of the PG + VG is available. I went online to check but clueless on who is better or what-nots. Pls recommend. My AD is 12 June; so I am really not left with a lot of time.. Replies greatly appreciated. TIA.

Can send me your email address? I recently made a few enquiry before..

If the mua follow u for outdoor shoot, she will help u with the gowns..
My mua followed and she helped me with my gowns..