(2016) 2016 brides

@Tingzcrown tts y i chose lunch :/
@klijing_sg ohh so it applies to all hotels eh?
@veebee139 say need original cd lo or buy frm itunes. hahaa. say wanna check leh! i haf all jay chou cds. lol!!! maybe i jus see can use from there? hahaha

I normally ask the hotels when I went to do my research last time. Most of the require the licence because they don't want the couple to end up having a "memorable" wedding for playing a pirated song. Best is to check with the hotel to know what is the criteria.. worse case scenario is to choose 2 songs you already have purchased or in CD and the rest of the music is played by the hotel's default music.

mandylove

I'm doing dinner that's why they said minimum was 40 I think.

Bloc memoire's pricing is non negotiable compared to some other photography companies.. that's why I chose not to take them now. Their price increased from the time I asked them in Jan this year. So I felt that it was not really worth it..

I took awesome memories in the end and it's 2 PGs too (and cheaper) and they were so friendly when we met up with them all 4 of us were full of laughter!! Hope it continues to remain this way till our wedding day. :)

Can you teach me how to nego with photographers? Haha I would do love do the same but I don't know how

Can you teach me how to nego with photographers? Haha I would do love do the same but I don't know how

Be very sincere I guess? I was very lucky and because I was taking more than 10 hours of service and also have early hour charges.

I explained that I was on a budget and really liked their photos and asked of the price was negotiable.

But if the price is already quite low.. I think want to bargain also a bit paiseh because if you compare against like other more well-known ones, it might already be half the price..

So see what the reaction is from the photographer. If they are non-negotiable and you really want their service, then it's up to you whether you want to engage them or find the next best PG with a cheaper price.

jas1207

no.. its a special 'anniversary" date haha. my bf dont believe one. had a big argument when i wanna engage one..
Me too! We didn't engage any master and chose our anniversary. Ended up its lunar calendar 9th of sep! But nt an ideal day for wedding..

my mom attended a wedding at parkroyal pickering, she said the food not bad, place is nice, door gift is cute (I'm not sure what it was).
I attended friend's wedding at marina madarin last year. is vanda ballroom the one in the middle of the hotel? that's the one I went to. beatiful ballroom, with a flight of stairs leading up. food was good. :) dont remember anything bad about it.

Thanks @kmgk! Me and my HTB ended up searching for a new venue coz the feeling seems to be not right.. :)

effie05

Would like to know those BTB who did ala carte, how long does a MUA take to reply emails or smses? It seems like they take a long time to reply even though I only asked like a simple question... I'm afraid that after confirming and paying the deposit, they still remain very hard to be contacted like now.. I know this has been discussed before, but anyone has any MUA (not from bridal studio) to recommend besides tang yong make up? She increased her prices within 2 months of me asking because she insisted that her rates are only valid for 1 month and she is very adamant that 1 month = 1 month, absolutely no extension even though you are ready to pay a deposit. I find that it's quite inflexible. If the quote is like 3-6 months ago, then fair enough I will accept the price increase. But barely 2 months, and she would rather lose a client... Well I know she has lots of clients to begin with. Hope any BTB can recommend other good MUA.. Thanks!

veebee139

Would like to know those BTB who did ala carte, how long does a MUA take to reply emails or smses? It seems like they take a long time to reply even though I only asked like a simple question... I'm afraid that after confirming and paying the deposit, they still remain very hard to be contacted like now.. I know this has been discussed before, but anyone has any MUA (not from bridal studio) to recommend besides tang yong make up? She increased her prices within 2 months of me asking because she insisted that her rates are only valid for 1 month and she is very adamant that 1 month = 1 month, absolutely no extension even though you are ready to pay a deposit. I find that it's quite inflexible. If the quote is like 3-6 months ago, then fair enough I will accept the price increase. But barely 2 months, and she would rather lose a client... Well I know she has lots of clients to begin with. Hope any BTB can recommend other good MUA.. Thanks!
My friend recommended me Yukifang Makeup https://m.facebook.com/YukifangMakeup. I found she replied quite quickly.

Annndd.. My bridal boutique recommended me Nicole K make up https://m.facebook.com/NicoleK.Makeup.Hair which i also like.

I will most likely go with Nicole K since my bridal boutique offers me better rates with her.

Also seen others on instagram like @eeshake https://i.instagram.com/eeshake/ which is more korean style if you like.

Good luck!

I using autelier make up, usually reply within 2 to 3 hours via email.

There is also Cleo Chang, but I think a bit ex and I don't really like. A few of my friends using the makeup room.

effie05

@honeycrumbs I've contacted autelier make up but sadly I prefer cherry au but her rates are exp so got to drop them. I do agree that they reply very fast and are patient in answering to my many queries. Thanks for your suggestion!

Tingzcrown

Oh dear, I still wanna use tang yong leh :/

Maureeneee

Thanks girls! Have decided to be rational haha and put the money to better use!!

Btw, any idea what should I look out for when signing contract for pre wedding shoot? E.g if dates can be changed in case of rain? My friend didn't manage to change her day it was raining, and went for her shoot in changi airport instead :/
when you sign for wedding photography contract, you should go through the clauses carefully. my photographer explained to me point by point in details which i like his professionalism lah. for him, he is flexible with his dates

DJ2016

Have a break fellow brides to be! Catch Mars vs Venus ch u episode. Today topic is on wedding. Quite funny talkshow but ending soon. So u might have to watch it on toggle.

Maureeneee

Opps wrong quote... maureeneee,which co did u use for photography?
I engage Flairfolio Photography. Recommended by my friend who engaged him before. my HTB and I met up with many shortlisted photographers and decided to choose him. Besides liking his works, he showed great attention to details when he asked for our plans, and also very comprehensive when explaining his services and products. 2 of my friends after me have also taken up his services :)

mifenmei

I engage Flairfolio Photography. Recommended by my friend who engaged him before. my HTB and I met up with many shortlisted photographers and decided to choose him. Besides liking his works, he showed great attention to details when he asked for our plans, and also very comprehensive when explaining his services and products. 2 of my friends after me have also taken up his services :)
Thanks for the recommendation :)

Rene_T

Hi @Jyuuu same here! 2 oct 16 btb. What have u planned so far? I only had my banquet and bridal. Still looking for AD video.

haha.. i wonder how many oct 2 bride are there.. did you went to David Tong to get ur dates?

I seem to have secure everything except my BRIDAL!!! ARGH!!! SOPHIA :(((((((

Rene_T

Hi @Jyuuu same here! 2 oct 16 btb. What have u planned so far? I only had my banquet and bridal. Still looking for AD video.

haha.. i wonder how many oct 2 bride are there.. did you went to David Tong to get ur dates?

I think there are about 5-6 of us here. Kinda lost count..

I got my date from. David Tong too.. maybe that's why we have same dates. Lol!

Sorry to hear about Sophia.. hopefully there will be some compensation.

J&A

anyone is using MUA that is not provided by the bridal shop? how does it work? will the bridal shop give u a discount to your package or can you use that MUA on someone else instead, i.e. mothers?

anyone is using MUA that is not provided by the bridal shop? how does it work? will the bridal shop give u a discount to your package or can you use that MUA on someone else instead, i.e. mothers?

My MUA is from my bridal shop which giving me air brush make up. They charge me about 60 to 80 for make up for the mothers but theirs is normal make up, not those air brush type.

Rene_T

I think there are about 5-6 of us here. Kinda lost count..

I got my date from. David Tong too.. maybe that's why we have same dates. Lol!

Sorry to hear about Sophia.. hopefully there will be some compensation.

Sigh*.. don't think any compensation can be done...

Now my htb was thinking of letting go photo booth , videography and some other misc.. as to cover the cost. :(

Now my htb was thinking of letting go photo booth , videography and some other misc.. as to cover the cost. :(

I guess depends on what you both would really feel as important as part of your wedding day.. maybe instead of getting full day VG, consider getting VG only for half day to cater to your dinner or gate crash? It helps to soften the cost..

I most probably won't be getting Photobooth cos it's money that you wouldn't be able to cover back from the wedding..

Tingzcrown

Ok sad :(
U all looking ard for bridal shops now ? Cox we have 3 pkges to let go to be honest and going at a loss so if u are interested :) we can keep for our own use but if affected ladies from sophia, we try to give more disc :) :)

J&A

My MUA is from my bridal shop which giving me air brush make up. They charge me about 60 to 80 for make up for the mothers but theirs is normal make up, not those air brush type.
What if i wanna hire my own MUA elsewhere? Can use the bridal shop MUA for mothers? Just wondering... hehe