(2015) 2015 brides??

nahsiew

yup! childhood montage i will be diy-ing.. just confirmed my montage song and photo timings after listening to 37453274532784 songs hahahaha.

initially i was also quite worried that it might be boring or what.. but then again, i rather just come straight to the point and march in rather than trying to crack my head to show sth else..

heh alright thanks!!

jkwedding308

hahaha *hi 5* ok so ull still have the childhood montage before your 1st march in? i just thot..donhave morning highlights will boring anot..

Well, if you're not going to show any morning highlights video, you can still rearrange to show your childhood montage video before your 2nd march-in (instead of before your 1st march-in) so there will still be some sort of "filler" to show to your audience between the two march-ins... :)

nahsiew

Well, if you're not going to show any morning highlights video, you can still rearrange to show your childhood montage video before your 2nd march-in (instead of before your 1st march-in) so there will still be some sort of "filler" to show to your audience between the two march-ins... :)

hmm..so the 1st march-in will just be march with no sort of preview..? actually i think it makes sense to put childhood montage before 2nd march in..before the speech by couple.. more touching? hahaha..

jkwedding308

hmm..so the 1st march-in will just be march with no sort of preview..? actually i think it makes sense to put childhood montage before 2nd march in..before the speech by couple.. more touching? hahaha..

There is no specific order on how you should run the banquet. Yes, there will usually be some sort of recommended itinerary but the key word here is "recommended" and not "compulsory"... If you want some sort of preview before the first march-in, you can play a DIY montage video consisting of your selected prewedding photos... :)

jkwedding308

ooo ya..also can!!
thanks much for the idea!!

Lol... Not sure if you quoted the right quote in your last post... But I'm gonna assume it was a typo and that reply was meant for me so, you're welcome, hehe... And whosever birthday it is, happy birthday to the birthday boy! ;)

nahsiew

Lol... Not sure if you quoted the right quote in your last post... But I'm gonna assume it was a typo and that reply was meant for me so, you're welcome, hehe... And whosever birthday it is, happy birthday to the birthday boy! ;)

O_O yah now that you mention! yes the message was meant for you and i have no idea how the msg was quoted! i myself did not even read that post prior to u pointing out haha..

Katie9

Hi BTB 2015, I ve already paid deposit for fullerton Straits Room for lunch. :) I still left to find AD photographer and solemnizer. We will not do gate crash. Early morning I have to go my in law house to pay respect to ancestors then we will go to hotel. Thinking of taking photo about half and hour nearby fullerton with sisters and brothers. After that, we will come back for Tea ceremony in hotel room followed by soleminization at roof garden before reception. Anybody care to share me your plan if you are also doing wedding lunch because timing is very tight. Should I do one make up or two? My package includes two make ups though.

traciee

Hi BTB 2015, I ve already paid deposit for fullerton Straits Room for lunch. :) I still left to find AD photographer and solemnizer. We will not do gate crash. Early morning I have to go my in law house to pay respect to ancestors then we will go to hotel. Thinking of taking photo about half and hour nearby fullerton with sisters and brothers. After that, we will come back for Tea ceremony in hotel room followed by soleminization at roof garden before reception. Anybody care to share me your plan if you are also doing wedding lunch because timing is very tight. Should I do one make up or two? My package includes two make ups though.

Hello there! your timing might be a little tight..

When you mention early morning, how early is it? It's actually doable.. but gotta come up with a schedule and stick to it.. cannot let anything overrun or else might affect the solemnisation n reception..

You're doing a sit down lunch or buffet? If you have 2 make ups, might as well use both! :) u can do the first one in the morning all the way till ur photoshoot, and then 2nd one before solemnisation?

Im also doing wedding lunch but mine's kinda straightforward... will be checking into hotel the day b4.. first make up for tea ceremony n first march in.. 2nd make up for second March in..

Hi there! My schedule is as follows for sit down lunch. My package includes 2 make up too.
6.30am: makeup artist arrives
8am: gatecrash
9am: finish gatecrash and head to hotel.
10am: reach hotel.
10am-12pm: tea ceremony and solemnisation
1pm: wedding lunch starts
4pm: take photos with brothers and sisters.

Katie9

Hello there! your timing might be a little tight..

When you mention early morning, how early is it? It's actually doable.. but gotta come up with a schedule and stick to it.. cannot let anything overrun or else might affect the solemnisation n reception..

You're doing a sit down lunch or buffet? If you have 2 make ups, might as well use both! :) u can do the first one in the morning all the way till ur photoshoot, and then 2nd one before solemnisation?

Im also doing wedding lunch but mine's kinda straightforward... will be checking into hotel the day b4.. first make up for tea ceremony n first march in.. 2nd make up for second March in..

early morning means about 6 am i think. we are doing Chinese sit down lunch.

Katie9

Hi there! My schedule is as follows for sit down lunch. My package includes 2 make up too.
6.30am: makeup artist arrives
8am: gatecrash
9am: finish gatecrash and head to hotel.
10am: reach hotel.
10am-12pm: tea ceremony and solemnisation
1pm: wedding lunch starts
4pm: take photos with brothers and sisters.

Thanks for advice. So you will do second make up before photo taking with brothers and sisters?

Katie9

if like that, you can opt to use the 2 make ups. 1 in the early morning, 2nd one for 2nd march in? :) Since i suppose u will be changing to a 2nd gown?
yes I will change..but before changing 2nd gown, it is just a bit of touch up make up only? or completely redo?

traciee

yes I will change..but before changing 2nd gown, it is just a bit of touch up make up only? or completely redo?

im still puzzled about this too.. my MUA told me it's considered as a 2nd make up because of change in hair do etc...

nudieposh

hi all 2015 btb! so happy and excited while reading this forum. learn so much from all of you while doing my preparation now.
i am now considered a dec 2015 btb, but might have a chance of being a 2016 btb if my mom couldnt make it back in time.
=(

G&Z

hi all 2015 btb! so happy and excited while reading this forum. learn so much from all of you while doing my preparation now.
i am now considered a dec 2015 btb, but might have a chance of being a 2016 btb if my mom couldnt make it back in time.
=(

Hello! Hope your mum will make it in time

sukiekitty

Hello everyone!

My wedding date just got moved forward from 2016... because my HTB's side has plans for 2016 and it'll be too busy to have it then. sigh. So Now I'm looking around for a place to have my wedding on 27th June. Wish me luck!!!!

s4bby

Hi Sukiekitty

Good luck in getting a hotel as i am afraid 27th Jun is a popular date and most of the popular hotels are already taken.
You may want to try HFC as last i check few weeks back they are available for 27th Jun dinner.

sukiekitty

s4bby, may I know what is HFC? Sorry I'm a bit blur.

I discussed with my HTB. If we have no choice, we'll just do a lunch... but that'll be another thing for us to fight about with my MIL. Thankfully I managed to call up our original choices for PG and VG and they appear available for that day!!

nahsiew

Hello everyone!

My wedding date just got moved forward from 2016... because my HTB's side has plans for 2016 and it'll be too busy to have it then. sigh. So Now I'm looking around for a place to have my wedding on 27th June. Wish me luck!!!!

i took concorde hotel for my wedding venue. maybe you wanna try see if there's availability? i like its pillarless ballroom and convenient location..

who will u be engaging for your PG care to share? :) am still scouting around for one.. :)

sukiekitty

Ohhh I like pillarless too! then the audience can see better and all. ok I'll call them on Monday. Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh We have two (not really confirmed) ... I pm you.

alyooop

I discussed with my HTB. If we have no choice, we'll just do a lunch... but that'll be another thing for us to fight about with my MIL. Thankfully I managed to call up our original choices for PG and VG and they appear available for that day!!
How about 1 Farrer? It's at farrer park stn, and the ballroom is pillarless. How many guests do you have?

G&Z

I have been to concorde, the ballroom is big n spacious... Been to HFC too...

s4bby

Hi !

Its hotel fort canning.
My MIL was quite firm on the date as well so we ended up doing it as a 2 day event instead of 1.
As far as i can remember, all these hotels are not available for the 27th.
- Marina mandarin
- Mandarin Orchard
- Intercon
- Marriott
- Oriental
- Regent

sukiekitty

Wah thanks ladies! Because my wedding was suppose to be 2016 so I hadn't really done any research or anything... was just relaxing first.

Yesterday I've emailed Concorde, Novotel, Hilton, Marriott (oh no!) and M Hotel. Shall try HFC later.

yujing

I took mine at JB! U can Google destino! I didn't really shortlist any BS as my gf took hers there. I looked through her photos and loved the photographer skills. So my SO n I went str down to talk yo them about the package. We jus took the std package w no add on n it cost SGD 3000. The sales person wasn't pushy but we decided to sign the package on the spot.

I went for my indoor shoot and I'm really impressed by their service. Idk how the SG BS works but for them, their hairstylist can style 1 hairstyle in... 20 mins? They are very fast n good. The best part was the assistant will actually helped to take my heels and help put them on for me. I personally feel sg might not be able to give such standards (my guess). And because it's a full day shoot, they actually will help us take food orders so we don have to run in n out of the studio. So I really give 2 thumbs up for them.

Pity is they don do referral scheme so we won be able to get addition photos or additional discounts even if we refer people to them. Oh and yes! They have a wide range of gowns for u to choose from! And your actual day gown will be different from all your photoshoot! So u will really get to wear many gowns for your wedding! Hahaha!! Jus my experience w them (;
H
When it comes to weddings, nothing is ever a must except for at the very least the presence of the couple who are going to tie the knot!! ;) So, to answer your question, no, it's not a must to have a PG/VG at your wedding. That said, having one (or more) will help you and your family/friends cherish the memories of your big day when you all review again in the future the different photos and videos that were shot.. Those friends who told you that they won't see the photos after their wedding - that is a choice that they have made for themselves. But what is the choice that you will make? Only you yourself will know best... Charges vary depending on which company or package or number of hours etc - a simple PG/VG session can stretch from anything between $800 each to $3000 each (so if you're going to have both PG and VG, just double the amount).. If you have any family or friends who are relatively good at photo-taking or video-taking, you can also consider getting them to help if you want to save on cost (you can always give them an ang pow as a token of appreciation) and know that they won't mind helping (and getting tired running after you the entire day).. ;)
Hi Cheerojess,
Can you share your package with me? [email protected]. Thanks !

traciee

just had my ROM yesterday! had it at ROM office so the whole process was kinda fast.. but i had difficulties looking at my hubs & reading out the vows.. i kept laughing hahahaha. i tried to control but i couldnt :x

oh wellz. now waiting for May 2015 for banquet!

judi28

just had my ROM yesterday! had it at ROM office so the whole process was kinda fast.. but i had difficulties looking at my hubs & reading out the vows.. i kept laughing hahahaha. i tried to control but i couldnt :x

Congrats! Yea I agree too!!! Reading the oaths is quite tough! Cos you need to be really serious while reading it. At least it's over and one thing down for you!!

traciee

Congrats! Yea I agree too!!! Reading the oaths is quite tough! Cos you need to be really serious while reading it. At least it's over and one thing down for you!!
i've seen my friends/family reading the oaths during their wedding and it seem so simple + touching to look at one another in the eye and make their promise to love one another etc..

but when it's my turn, i burst out laughing looking at my hubby eyes LOL.

thanks anyway!! and congrats to u too!!! am actually reading ur blog now hehe.

nahsiew

haha i think that's normal right?? usually u dont even have to look at ur hubs eyes and smth smth so serious :) but at least its over and one more thing down! congrats by the way and happy new year!

judi28

i've seen my friends/family reading the oaths during their wedding and it seem so simple + touching to look at one another in the eye and make their promise to love one another etc..

but when it's my turn, i burst out laughing looking at my hubby eyes LOL.

thanks anyway!! and congrats to u too!!! am actually reading ur blog now hehe.
I think it's normal.. Even for photoshoot, I burst out laughing When the photographer ask me to look at my husband deeply into his eyes. Probably we are not used to being so serious.. hahaha

traciee

haha i think that's normal right?? usually u dont even have to look at ur hubs eyes and smth smth so serious :) but at least its over and one more thing down! congrats by the way and happy new year!

i tried my best to think of serious thoughts.. also cant. hahaha! oh and thanks!! happy new year to u too!! :)

I think it's normal.. Even for photoshoot, I burst out laughing When the photographer ask me to look at my husband deeply into his eyes. Probably we are not used to being so serious.. hahaha
yah that's the next part.. i told my hubs during photoshoot we sure got difficulties... which was also why i told my PS PG i don't want take serious looking photos.. sure CMI :x

Andr1ne

Never ever use Moment in 7 VG and photobooth service. Had a terrible experience with them. Only after using, i was told in other bride group that other brides had the same bad experience with them. Will write a detailed review on them soon. Currently writing halfway as it was just too many terrible experiences with them.
A piece of advice: go for the service with many good reviews/recommendations rather than cheap price. You will not want to worry about your VG or PG or photobooth on your Big Day. My wedding was in last Oct. Til now my stuff with them is still not solved.

Never ever use Moment in 7 VG and photobooth service. Had a terrible experience with them. Only after using, i was told in other bride group that other brides had the same bad experience with them. Will write a detailed review on them soon. Currently writing halfway as it was just too many terrible experiences with them.
A piece of advice: go for the service with many good reviews/recommendations rather than cheap price. You will not want to worry about your VG or PG or photobooth on your Big Day. My wedding was in last Oct. Til now my stuff with them is still not solved.

Oh my! Hope u can share your experience as I'm looking around for a vg and photog too

skyMAN

I saw their works and was actually considering about them.. can't wait for your reviews on them!

nahsiew

anyone has any AD PG to intro? i have a few considerations already but just thot I'll look around more before commiting.. :)

eiko

@jkwedding308 we finally got our ROM videos and the quality by isnap met our expectations! All our families esp my hb loved the videos. We're using it for our wedding banquet instead of the gatecrash which is more meaningful and we are very pleased with isnap services! Now waiting for the photos...

alyooop

No dress code. I saw people wearing berms, pretty casual.
Great! I'm left with clothes and a few random things to move to my htb's place so have to plan what I'm wearing earlier so can move the least things in the next few days. I'll just wear covered shoes so won't look tooooo casual :)

jkwedding308

@jkwedding308 we finally got our ROM videos and the quality by isnap met our expectations! All our families esp my hb loved the videos. We're using it for our wedding banquet instead of the gatecrash which is more meaningful and we are very pleased with isnap services! Now waiting for the photos...

So happy you guys had a great experience with them!! :)

jkwedding308

Great! I'm left with clothes and a few random things to move to my htb's place so have to plan what I'm wearing earlier so can move the least things in the next few days. I'll just wear covered shoes so won't look tooooo casual :)

Don't worry.. This is just the normal appointment.. No need for anything too formal.. As long as you're in comfortable clothes that don't scream out for any sort of negative attention, you should be fine.. Haha, many of the brides on the same day as my appointment came in open-toe footwear such as either heels or good sandals (myself too hehe) so it should be ok too.. But I haven't seen anyone wearing flips flops during my appointment day..

alyooop

Haha I'm usually a flip flop person so the next best thing I have is a pair of converse =P guess I can wear shorts, yay! hahaha..