(2015) 2015 brides??

thaiedwin

I actually wanted to do morning slot also but my fiancée n wedding coordinator told me too rush since I am picking up the bride n tea ceremony on the same day

btbvon

yup i wanted it too 10 jan dinner lvl 10... was praying hard that that person will back out....

Come pop by banquet suite n say hi when u check out
Haha. I booked the banquet suite since March.

So coincidental ours at the same venue just a day apart.

thaiedwin

Wa you're so onz! You booked your venue less than 3mths to your actual day! Was it a gamble or? How you managed to know there is available at M hotel?

Haha cos I am shifting overseas for deployment and my Fiancee do not want to let me go without a commitment .... Well I called every hotel to check and manged to get a good slot there

eiko

Haha cos I am shifting overseas for deployment and my Fiancee do not want to let me go without a commitment .... Well I called every hotel to check and manged to get a good slot there
I see! You chose the hotel based on price or availability? Which banquet ballroom are u taking at M hotel

nAm3le5z

Hi there! Congrats on your wedding! :)
I am also a June 2015 btb!

Hmm for bridal studios, depends a lot on your budget. I am with Silhouette. Lovely lovely gowns! Their lacework is intricately done and really so beautiful! I love their gowns personally. Classy, elegant and not too drama.

My second choice was Ted Wu. On the slightly pricier side (like Silhouette). The good thing about Ted Wu is I think Ted himself (the designer) attends to you, especially if you get his MTM gowns and he is one who makes sure he designs a gown that flatters the bride. Also known for his intricate beadwork. I tried a few of their gowns. Very stunning as well.

From the bridal magazines that I have read, Calla and Divine Couture look like they have beautiful gowns too.

If you have the time and energy, you can go down to the Tanjong Pagar stretch and just walk in, try on a couple of gowns and check out their packages. That stretch has soooo many studios!

Enjoy the search for your perfect gown! It is quite fun; I enjoyed myself thru the hunt. haha ;)

Congrats to you too! ;)
I have just signed with Digio bridal as recommended by a friend. Nice gowns they have.
Have you looked for AD photographer?

Jehvy

Hi I'm new. A 2015 July bride.

1. I've booked the AD dinner banquet at Rendezvous hotel. (Haven't seen any other brides from there yet.)
2. Booked a full bridal package from French bridal
3. Engaged a AD photographer (Skipping VG)

Haven't really planned my ROM, didn't know where to start, wanted to do it on the same banquet day but my SO's parents refused - claiming too rushed and it will lead to unhappiness. Anyway, I wish I've join the forum to get more ideas first. I didn't notice some hotel do charge for the usage of the projector and audio. I assumed it is part of the package. Moreover, I also just noticed Rendezvous wavier the corkage for hard liquor but not wine, I should have noticed that and ask for wavier for wine too. Now, I'm in a dilemma (Hotel provides 1 bottle of wine per table) - Is a bottle of wine for each table enough (we know 1/3 of the guest drinks a little) but if we purchase more it is charged $45++ for one bottle. Very costly.

alyooop

Why not do rom in the afternoon after the bride fetching, tea ceremony all that? Maybe after lunch and before u start prepping for the banquet? Rom is pretty fast, 10-15 mins can finish unless your jp is the chatty kind.

I think corkage waiver for hard liquor is pretty standard. How much corkage will they charge if you bring your own wine? Coz u can get decent ones from ntuc for about $20 so if after corkage it's cheaper than $45 u can consider that route, but if transporting the bottles is troublesome then might as well pay a bit more for convenience.

Jehvy

Why not do rom in the afternoon after the bride fetching, tea ceremony all that? Maybe after lunch and before u start prepping for the banquet? Rom is pretty fast, 10-15 mins can finish unless your jp is the chatty kind.

I think corkage waiver for hard liquor is pretty standard. How much corkage will they charge if you bring your own wine? Coz u can get decent ones from ntuc for about $20 so if after corkage it's cheaper than $45 u can consider that route, but if transporting the bottles is troublesome then might as well pay a bit more for convenience.

I wanted to do ROM on the same day but my SO and family didn't like idea at all thus have to go with two separate days.

Corkage is $20++ per bottle if I bring my own wine, it is almost the same price if I purchase decent bottles of wine from NTUC (~$20++). I'm thinking if I should just stick with 18 bottles of wines for 18 tables. My dad is worried that the guests won't be happy if there's not enough wine though.

alyooop

Hmm if I were u I'd pay the hotel for wine. Not much price diff, and I don't need to worry about how to bring it there. I think they will just open more bottles when the table runs out? Or do u need to tell them ahead of time how many extra bottles you want?

For rom, it really is quite fast. You can try to convince them with this? personally I think it's more tiring to do separate days, like, just get everything done in a day right? haha. When do u expect your morning activities to end? There should be enough time between that and appearing at the pre-dinner cocktail for u to receive your guests. Can just arrange your night make up a little earlier and invite jp to hotel to rom in your room or holding room if hotel allows. I don't see a prob with that, but it does depend on your schedule for that day.

If the others are super insistent about it and u can't convince them otherwise, then just have to grin and bear with it, I guess =/

tequila07

In my opinion, if it's a wedding dinner, you will have enough time for ROM because it's a short ceremony. I've attended many of my frens' wedding and ROM is abt 6- 630 p.m. followed by pre-cocktail right away. If separate days, couples will invite guests to ROM then I believe followed by some form of reception to thank the guests, buffet or sit down meal.

As for corkage waiver, my hotel offers hard liquor corkage waiver but the bottles must be duty paid. Cannot drink those bought from DFS. I will still go for hotel house wine if insufficient for guests as it's cheaper than bringing your own wine.

Jehvy

Hmm if I were u I'd pay the hotel for wine. Not much price diff, and I don't need to worry about how to bring it there. I think they will just open more bottles when the table runs out? Or do u need to tell them ahead of time how many extra bottles you want?

For rom, it really is quite fast. You can try to convince them with this? personally I think it's more tiring to do separate days, like, just get everything done in a day right? haha. When do u expect your morning activities to end? There should be enough time between that and appearing at the pre-dinner cocktail for u to receive your guests. Can just arrange your night make up a little earlier and invite jp to hotel to rom in your room or holding room if hotel allows. I don't see a prob with that, but it does depend on your schedule for that day.

If the others are super insistent about it and u can't convince them otherwise, then just have to grin and bear with it, I guess =/

Yep bearing with it now, they were very insistent thus it make me and my parents rather frustrated. I agreed with you about doing it on two separate days is more tiring.

Probably got to limit how much more bottles more I allow the hotel to open and just let it slip till some guest isn't happy with not having more red wine . I don't want to bust my wedding budget - we are paying for the wedding banquet and the angbaos our parents collected with be given to us at their own accord. (My SO feels it is only right for us to pay for the wedding dinner ourself and it is disrespectful to ask our parents the angbaos to give us the angbaos to offset the bills.). I don't know if that is what people usually do. I thought if we pay for the dinner banquet, we should received the angbaos to offset what we paid for. I need some advices on it too.

alyooop

Yep bearing with it now, they were very insistent thus it make me and my parents rather frustrated. I agreed with you about doing it on two separate days is more tiring.

Probably got to limit how much more bottles more I allow the hotel to open and just let it slip till some guest isn't happy with not having more red wine . I don't want to bust my wedding budget - we are paying for the wedding banquet and the angbaos our parents collected with be given to us at their own accord. (My SO feels it is only right for us to pay for the wedding dinner ourself and it is disrespectful to ask our parents the angbaos to give us the angbaos to offset the bills.). I don't know if that is what people usually do. I thought if we pay for the dinner banquet, we should received the angbaos to offset what we paid for. I need some advices on it too.
How I would convince your SO's side is to convince him and get him on your side. Why does he think it's tiring? Did he hear from friends or just his perception? Typically guys would rather chop chop get it over and done with. Ask him, does he wanna go down to the office for the sake of 15 mins signing? Or does he want to host and spend on one more meal if the rom day is not at the rom office? When he realises the hassle of splitting the days, ask him to convince his parents =P

For the angbao, I'm not too sure. We're gonna ask everyone to just put in the box. We're paying for everything ourselves and our parents won't be taking any angbaos. We're only have one family friend from my side anyway so there's no point lol. I agree with your SO that it's not nice to "ask" back the angbaos from parents unless they auto give you. But I don't really get the whole deal with parents taking angbao money either. Then again, have both your parents mentioned taking the angbaos from the tables assigned to their guests? Maybe just gently bring this up and see how they feel about this.

Jehvy

How I would convince your SO's side is to convince him and get him on your side. Why does he think it's tiring? Did he hear from friends or just his perception? Typically guys would rather chop chop get it over and done with. Ask him, does he wanna go down to the office for the sake of 15 mins signing? Or does he want to host and spend on one more meal if the rom day is not at the rom office? When he realises the hassle of splitting the days, ask him to convince his parents =P

For the angbao, I'm not too sure. We're gonna ask everyone to just put in the box. We're paying for everything ourselves and our parents won't be taking any angbaos. We're only have one family friend from my side anyway so there's no point lol. I agree with your SO that it's not nice to "ask" back the angbaos from parents unless they auto give you. But I don't really get the whole deal with parents taking angbao money either. Then again, have both your parents mentioned taking the angbaos from the tables assigned to their guests? Maybe just gently bring this up and see how they feel about this.

Oh, my SO has 3 sisters, all married. He was usually involved as the helper during their weddings, he told me about the tension and stress his family has to go through when things are rushed on the AD wedding day. JP was late on one of his sister's wedding, things get delay and stuffs like that thus he wants us to have more time on our side so that we can enjoy the AD day and not get pressurized when things go wrong. His mother is super OCD and particular about things especially if it doesn't occur as planned and that would drive us insane.

I've asked my parents before, the wedding tables are usually given to them traditionally as dowry from the boy side, hence they have plans to keep the angbaos given by our relatives and use it to sponsor furnitures for our new place when we get it. My SO's parents, his sister advised him not to ask them so we can only let it be. Wait and see if they will auto give us since we are paying for the banquet. My parents, I've openly told them I prefer using the angbaos given by our relatives to offset the cost of the dinner banquet cost, they were furious with me at first because it wasn't the traditional approach they wanted but they are more or less agreeable with what I requested. I do feel bad to be "asking" them directly but it's better than hinting and not truly knowing what they have in mind. Future misunderstandings might be more troublesome.

tequila07

Traditionally the bride's parents will keep the angbao money given by the bride's relatives or request a lump sum amt based on a number of tables requested. So it's really up to the bride's parents to decide whether to keep the money or return to the couple. It will be good to discuss with your parents first out of respect.

There are always pros and cons to things so open communication is the best policy :)

Jehvy

Traditionally the bride's parents will keep the angbao money given by the bride's relatives or request a lump sum amt based on a number of tables requested. So it's really up to the bride's parents to decide whether to keep the money or return to the couple. It will be good to discuss with your parents first out of respect.

There are always pros and cons to things so open communication is the best policy :)

Yep, I agree. Thank you.

Summer_Snow007

Hi All, I am 2015 Jan Bride,

My wedding venue is at The Fullerton Hotel, Straits Room.
Just had food tasting session and you can look up what happened with me in below topic. There is one troll scolding the brides as well...
http://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/the-fullerton.6152/page-94#post-1937981

Well anyway. my new coordinator is Ms. Violette, so far so good. Is there anyone care to share your experience with her if any of bride have met her?

My Bridal shop is Golden Horse award. So far so good too. I would give most credit to photographer Steve. (He even treated us ice-cream during outdoor shooting and I appreciate it)
My Actual day cinematographer and photographer is Allure Wedding - Film and still. The cinematographer, Han is very friendly and talented. We had our pre-wedding video shoot in Malaysia and so far I am very happy with his service and creativities.

I am still worry about my Actual Day by seeing previous sale girl from Fullerton Hotel. But I will try to enjoy to the fullest for my big day.

Good Luck to all The BRIDES in 2015.

thaiedwin

This is my review so far,

I am using AD photographer and Video from The Forever Flims, very easy to talk with and flexible. Their portfolio seems good and price range is reasonable.

My bridal shop is Whitelink, had a little hiccup from them and praying hard they wont screw up on AD.

Wedding Venue and ROM location is M Hotel Banquet Suit.

Everything is good as of now except bridal shop.

Anyway when we discuss with the hotels most offered waiver of hard liquors Corkage charge but can be discussed with wine as well. Like for me we do not bring hard liquors so we manged to discussed to change to corkage wavier for wine.

Its only less than a month to Jan , GAMBATTE to everyone!

monatomic

This is my review so far,

I am using AD photographer and Video from The Forever Flims, very easy to talk with and flexible. Their portfolio seems good and price range is reasonable.

My bridal shop is Whitelink, had a little hiccup from them and praying hard they wont screw up on AD.

Wedding Venue and ROM location is M Hotel Banquet Suit.

Everything is good as of now except bridal shop.

Anyway when we discuss with the hotels most offered waiver of hard liquors Corkage charge but can be discussed with wine as well. Like for me we do not bring hard liquors so we manged to discussed to change to corkage wavier for wine.

Its only less than a month to Jan , GAMBATTE to everyone!
What hiccup did you encounter with whitelink? I've also signed a package with them...

thaiedwin

First, confirm date with me for Pre Wedding . Few days before the pre wedding says cant do it need change date. Just be careful of the photographers insist to see their portfolio before u confirm. Some may not suit your style

jkwedding308

Hi,

I'm btb in February 2015, currently looking for videography for morning highlights, does anyone have any recommendation?

I recommend iSnap... By far, they're one of the cheapest around but their quality's pretty good... Here are the links to the reviews I've previously left for them:

http://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/2015-2015-brides.11133/page-44#post-1934793
http://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/2015-2015-brides.11133/page-45#post-1935023

If you want my reviews on my other vendors, here's the link:
http://singaporebrides.com/weddingf...-bridal-mua-pg-vg-venues-honeymoon-etc.21546/

Hope my reviews are of some help... Happy planning! :)

eiko

I took Isnap for my ROM PG + VG tml! Thanks to jkwedding308 for the recommendation.

I'm having ROM and banquet on 2 separate days. ROM is at the ROM office. Chop Chop no need find venue or JP and everything will be done in 15mins! No stress at all, just stressed over going to bridal shop for makeup and change of ROM Gown and trying to find a parking lot outside the bridal shop haha.

jkwedding308

I took Isnap for my ROM PG + VG tml! Thanks to jkwedding308 for the recommendation.

I'm having ROM and banquet on 2 separate days. ROM is at the ROM office. Chop Chop no need find venue or JP and everything will be done in 15mins! No stress at all, just stressed over going to bridal shop for makeup and change of ROM Gown and trying to find a parking lot outside the bridal shop haha.

You're welcome! Have an awesome ROM ya? I hope you have an equally pleasant if not better experience with iSnap tomorrow. Let me know how it goes ya? Excited for you!!! Rest well and sleep early tonight!!! :)

dapxy

We are planning to hold our ROM + AD in mid 2015. We were given a very short list of dates to choose from. Still sourcing for venues.

Looking at Fairmont Hotel Atrium Ballroom. Understand from the coordinator that there are 2 pillars in the ballroom.

Anyone having their wedding at Fairmont?

Went to the Intercontinental Wedding Show on Sunday and most dates that we would have wanted were fully booked except for a particular date but per table is $1488++ for minimum of 34 tables. Moreover, a Sunday.

Anyone have suggestions for other hotels or share which hotels you have booked?

Cheers

G&Z

We are planning to hold our ROM + AD in mid 2015. We were given a very short list of dates to choose from. Still sourcing for venues.

Looking at Fairmont Hotel Atrium Ballroom. Understand from the coordinator that there are 2 pillars in the ballroom.

Anyone having their wedding at Fairmont?

Went to the Intercontinental Wedding Show on Sunday and most dates that we would have wanted were fully booked except for a particular date but per table is $1488++ for minimum of 34 tables. Moreover, a Sunday.

Anyone have suggestions for other hotels or share which hotels you have booked?

Cheers

How many tables that you are looking at?

how about conrad? hotel fort canning? parkroyal @ pickering? Grand park city hall? m hotel? carlton city?

dapxy

How many tables that you are looking at?

how about conrad? hotel fort canning? parkroyal @ pickering? Grand park city hall? m hotel? carlton city?

Hello,

We are looking at between 22 to 25 tables. Checked Parkroyal Pickering and their prices for weekend dinner is quite ex. We are going for Hotel Fort Canning wedding showcase this coming Sun. Just not sure about their food and service.

G&Z

Hello,

We are looking at between 22 to 25 tables. Checked Parkroyal Pickering and their prices for weekend dinner is quite ex. We are going for Hotel Fort Canning wedding showcase this coming Sun. Just not sure about their food and service.

I have attended wedding a few times at HFC (ballroom, their small function rooms and even their outdoor wedding)... their food and service pretty alright....

G&Z

oh yea how about raffles hotel, i am holding my wedding there... their ballroom can only fit maximum 25 tables

eiko

Went to Hotel Fort Canning yesterday for post wedding shoot. The building is nice and the surroundings pleasant!

eiko

You're welcome! Have an awesome ROM ya? I hope you have an equally pleasant if not better experience with iSnap tomorrow. Let me know how it goes ya? Excited for you!!! Rest well and sleep early tonight!!! :)

It was great with iSnap! They were so friendly and gave us lots of tips on what to take and all! My hubby totally enjoyed them. Will wait for the photos to be out!