(2015) 2015 brides??

G&Z

I just bought the Sep-Feb issue, also has the wedding accolade section!

i just bought today! read a few pages... this issue contains more selections for men's suits... also gave me another choice for wedding planner...

tulipkiss

i just bought today! read a few pages... this issue contains more selections for men's suits... also gave me another choice for wedding planner...
Haha which wedding planners are u looking at?

I'm thinking of doing without wedding planners.. :/

Phoebenghx

Thanks all for the advise. :)
So far both side parents are not so particular about the "100 day/after 3yrs" rule.

Anyway, I just bought the Style weddings mag too. So many lovely gowns!

G&Z

Haha which wedding planners are u looking at?

I'm thinking of doing without wedding planners.. :/

ode to joy, the wedding butler and tirtha weddings (can't rem the name off-hand) to b honest, i didnt want to but i just started my new job and i already can forsee the busy schedules and the bf's workin schedule is hectic so gotta get someone to help us...

G&Z

a question, how much are you ladies willing to pay for the wedding bands?

janlden

ii saw a pair from goldheart that ii super love... but it costs 4k for a pair... ii think usually ppl spent less than 1.5k getting wedding band if hubby alrdy buy a proposal ring...

tulipkiss

a question, how much are you ladies willing to pay for the wedding bands?

if the proposal ring is something I like, I intend to "propose" back to my boyfriend with wedding bands. so is okay to spend up to 7-8k for a pair of cartier wedding bands. considering that we might be wearing it forever, haha, can splurge abit.

Reactions: RS_

zrhs

after hearing all of the ladies here buying style wedding, i finally get 1 copy too. had flipped a few pages and love all lovely gowns, i hope to have an idea on what kind of gown i like and ask my bridal if they hv similar~ ... its so thick to digest.. shall read it when i have time during weekend~ <3<3<3

ii saw a pair from goldheart that ii super love... but it costs 4k for a pair... ii think usually ppl spent less than 1.5k getting wedding band if hubby alrdy buy a proposal ring...
i think i will budget it below 3K for a pair and most probably custom made too.
i think we shouldn't compare with others , just buy within ur budget. I think more diamonds more exp , also depending of the branding... :)

tulipkiss

after hearing all of the ladies here buying style wedding, i finally get 1 copy too. had flipped a few pages and love all lovely gowns, i hope to have an idea on what kind of gown i like and ask my bridal if they hv similar~ ... its so thick to digest.. shall read it when i have time during weekend~ <3<3<3

Yes, I got some ideas of how I would like my gown to be after flipping through too!
The magazine is really thick (since it's meant for until Feb 2014 haha), good for weekend reading :)

G&Z

oh what design?

if the proposal ring is something I like, I intend to "propose" back to my boyfriend with wedding bands. so is okay to spend up to 7-8k for a pair of cartier wedding bands. considering that we might be wearing it forever, haha, can splurge abit.
that's so sweet of you! i was also thinking coz im wearing it for a long time, thot of splurging a little coz i found a ring i really like but then again i have not tried it on so yea... and of course the bf has to like it too...

i think i will budget it below 3K for a pair and most probably custom made too.
i think we shouldn't compare with others , just buy within ur budget. I think more diamonds more exp , also depending of the branding... :)

yup it's really thick and more comprehensive... i actually bought the female weddings, nth can compare to style weddings... other than flipping through the mag, try looking out on the pinterest! :)

Danielle Chua

oh what design?

that's so sweet of you! i was also thinking coz im wearing it for a long time, thot of splurging a little coz i found a ring i really like but then again i have not tried it on so yea... and of course the bf has to like it too...

yup it's really thick and more comprehensive... i actually bought the female weddings, nth can compare to style weddings... other than flipping through the mag, try looking out on the pinterest! :)

Yah I agree that nothing can be compared to style weddings! More tips and info for me to digest! And I recently stumbled upon The Wedding Accolade! Looks like we will be having like Superbrands kind of recognition only that this one seems to be specially created for wedding services! How thoughtful!

tulipkiss

Yah I agree that nothing can be compared to style weddings! More tips and info for me to digest! And I recently stumbled upon The Wedding Accolade! Looks like we will be having like Superbrands kind of recognition only that this one seems to be specially created for wedding services! How thoughtful!

But i hope those winning the Accolade wouldn't use that to hike up their prices in future.. :/

G&Z

But i hope those winning the Accolade wouldn't use that to hike up their prices in future.. :/
they may afterall it means they are above the rest...

tulipkiss

joined one of the contest in Style Weddings. prize is supposed to be a free wedding photoshoot and winner will be announced next year.. but received an email that I was first nth participant n got $400 off their photoshoot package instead.. must make appointment within 2 weeks -.- feels kind of cheated..

Phoebenghx

joined one of the contest in Style Weddings. prize is supposed to be a free wedding photoshoot and winner will be announced next year.. but received an email that I was first nth participant n got $400 off their photoshoot package instead.. must make appointment within 2 weeks -.- feels kind of cheated..

Huh, the discount period is so short!

Tulipkiss--same! !!!!!!!! I got the email today too!!!!! At first I was so happy, thought got free photoshoot hahahah

Honestly, after these few mths , I realise that all these bridal studio super alot of tactics to make u sign with them one.... :rolleyes:

tulipkiss

Tulipkiss--same! !!!!!!!! I got the email today too!!!!! At first I was so happy, thought got free photoshoot hahahah

Honestly, after these few mths , I realise that all these bridal studio super alot of tactics to make u sign with them one.... :rolleyes:

Haha!! I wonder how many "first nth" participants they contacted!
Honestly, $400 discount isn't enticing at all..
What's more the 2-week period turns me off totally. Where's the "sincerity"?
People who took part in the contest apparently expect the results to be out next year Mar, meaning their wedding is most likely end 2014 to 2015 mah. So early make appointment for what right.

//Wasted my 32cents, lol!

Joooooey

So glad to find 2015 BTBs here! I thought I was too kiasu to start preparing for 1st quarter of 2015. I know I have a lot of matters that I have to take care of and I have absolutely no idea where to start. So I thought, how bout the banquet first as it is gonna be the most expensive item on the checklist. After reading all 5 pages, I felt I have learnt something from everyone here. Seems like I'm a little late only to start preparations now =( U guys are so pro!

tulipkiss

So glad to find 2015 BTBs here! I thought I was too kiasu to start preparing for 1st quarter of 2015. I know I have a lot of matters that I have to take care of and I have absolutely no idea where to start. So I thought, how bout the banquet first as it is gonna be the most expensive item on the checklist. After reading all 5 pages, I felt I have learnt something from everyone here. Seems like I'm a little late only to start preparations now =( U guys are so pro!

Huh, u're not late. I haven started anything except for buying Style Wedding to read, wahaha!

Joooooey

I also got a copy too! All the dresses looked so tempting... just returned from MBS wedding preview. The ballrooms like 'wow'. Pillar-less and squared. And i'm super amateur looked so bummed and duno what to ask. Tsk!

G&Z

G&Z design for the ring ii like~
View attachment 8123
that's nice and unique too!

welcome! never too late... i also have not start any concrete planning and my wedding is in Jan.. BF also has not proposed.. if you have any qs, feel free to ask, maybe we can help u... :)

sherlin

Have yet to plan the date yet but end 2014/early 2015, around the same timing of our house.

My bf is very passive one, everything also I need to push. How do I sound it out to him how much budget he is allocating for my proposal ring ah? Hehe, so I can plan what to get too.

We are doing a lunch banquet, less hassle and not so expensive.

Phoebenghx

Have yet to plan the date yet but end 2014/early 2015, around the same timing of our house.

My bf is very passive one, everything also I need to push. How do I sound it out to him how much budget he is allocating for my proposal ring ah? Hehe, so I can plan what to get too.

Start by showing him diamond ring designs you like? If he cant afford he will say out?

beckscxl

I agree that you should start by showing him the designs that you like.

Before my bf proposed, when we were talking about our future or when I happen to see a proposal ring ad, I will lightly say 'next time if you want to get me a proposal ring, I want the Tiffany & Co.'s 6 prong design proposal ring of at least 1 carat huh." Hehe.

beckscxl

I'm planning to get married in 2015 too (that is when our house will be ready). Haven't set the date yet. I think my bf and I are too chill. Our plan is to just have a wedding reception (wedding lunch) with our family and close friends.

Do you ladies think it is too early to start booking for bridal shops and pre-wedding and AD photography?

sherlin

Start by showing him diamond ring designs you like? If he cant afford he will say out?
I jokingly asked him before that I wanted a $10K ring ok, he said ok ok. Hahaha. :D
But of course I won't ask him to splurge so much lar. Ring plus wedding bands should be kept below $10K budget for us ba.

G&Z

I'm planning to get married in 2015 too (that is when our house will be ready). Haven't set the date yet. I think my bf and I are too chill. Our plan is to just have a wedding reception (wedding lunch) with our family and close friends.

Do you ladies think it is too early to start booking for bridal shops and pre-wedding and AD photography?

nope i don't think it's too early.. i was still hoping to find a venue by nov/dec for 2015's wedding...if possible go attend some bridal shows, you may get better deals...

sherlin

It is never too early! The earlier you book, especially during promotion period, the cheaper you can secure the deals. I made a deposit for my overseas pre-wedding package last year already as it was having a very good deal!

G&Z

I jokingly asked him before that I wanted a $10K ring ok, he said ok ok. Hahaha. :D
But of course I won't ask him to splurge so much lar. Ring plus wedding bands should be kept below $10K budget for us ba.

okok means got chance! maybe he's already planning the ring & proposal but you don't know.. :)

tulipkiss

Start showing him photos of friends' DR? I did that, coz friends around us are all getting engaged one by one... Easy!
Then start "wondering" how a DR will look on your finger... And casually suggest going to try some over the weekend! Giggles.

Bad Badtz Maru

Hi ladies...i am also BTB for 2015 ard Feb :) Just signed the package and now looking for banquet venue and photographer..any recommendations? :)

Phoebenghx

Hi ladies...i am also BTB for 2015 ard Feb :) Just signed the package and now looking for banquet venue and photographer..any recommendations? :)

Welcome to 2015 Brides thread. :)
Where did you sign your package from?

You mean AD PG? Got quite a few famous ones but not sure of their package. Can try LightedPixels, One Eye Click, Multifolds, Mojoideas.

G&Z

welcome!

Bad Badtz Maru

Welcome to 2015 Brides thread. :)
Where did you sign your package from?

You mean AD PG? Got quite a few famous ones but not sure of their package. Can try LightedPixels, One Eye Click, Multifolds, Mojoideas.

Thanks, Phoebenghx..yup for AD PG :) I signed it from MDW.... :)

Phoebenghx

Wow! U fast! I'm still looking ard. My bf says its still early but I felt we r running out of time... =( Anyone gg to style wedding fair this weekend?

My bf says too early too but when I read forums only to realise quite a number of pple are planning ahead real fast! Guys just couldn't be bothered.
Not going any wedding fair at the moment. Perhaps next year.

ShuMin90

Just wondering if I'm the only 2015 bride , kiasu to start planning early.. :p

Sorry! im not sure how to start a new post! so I reply to here! Im selling a wedding package to have photoshoot in Taiwan! 2white 2evening gowns for female, 2 suits(black and white) for male. 1 18" photoalbum, 1 30" wall photo, etc, for more details please text me or call me at 93826107. Package price is $2000

ShuMin90

Im selling a wedding package to have photoshoot in Taiwan! 2white 2evening gowns for female, 2 suits(black and white) for male. 1 18" photoalbum, 1 30" wall photo, etc, for more details please text me or call me at 93826107. Package price is $2000

Joooooey

Yup, im gg... bf said go around look for quotes. But i dun even know what's the ball-parked figure. How will i know if we r carrot-chopped.

lemonzil

Yup, im gg... bf said go around look for quotes. But i dun even know what's the ball-parked figure. How will i know if we r carrot-chopped.

the prices are pretty standard. usually fairs have great deals with more perks and freebies rather than being carrot chopped.

sherlin

They don't dare carrot lar. If you find it expensive, walk away. You can do research by reading the forums~

lemonzil

anyway if you are looking for 2015 rates, it should be a plus 50 to 100++ as now the prices should all be catered for 2014.

leess18

Yup agree with lemonzil.

And also dependent on which quarter of 2015 you are looking at, they might not take in the requests yet and also they might not be able to accept even if you raise it by 50-100. But all these varies by hotels and venues.

So most importantly is to settle the number of tables that you need first. Then you can shortlist from there.

Have fun sourcing!

G&Z

Wow! U fast! I'm still looking ard. My bf says its still early but I felt we r running out of time... =( Anyone gg to style wedding fair this weekend?
not going... 2 weddings to attend this weekend... sat at capella and sunday at concorde