(2015) 2015 brides??

ChubbyDi

Seems like ZWedding is quite a popular choice among brides here! I've also signed up with them!
As for the banquet, even if the prices for late 2015 is not out yet, no harm going to the wedding show to take a look.
Must have feel for the venue and like the layout, example no pillar, high ceiling, etc. dependin But then again, I'll only attend those I'm interested in.
Heard from friends too that hotels do give better perks during such event, such as additional night stay, free wine etc.
I'm attending the Amara Sanctuary wedding show in October to see what they gotta offer.
I think can be quite interesting to attend such events as you get to talk to people and probably learn a few tips which may come in handy for the wedding prep.

G&Z

http://www.theweddinglook.com.sg/weddings-101/wedding-events.php

This website has the upcoming wedding shows in various hotels. As well as wedding shows alone by studios and huge wedding fair. :)

I think they update monthly though.

I feel that we can go down and take a look at the hotels. They will still entertain u. However may not be able to give u the quotations. Cause ultimately u still need to sight the place. (:)

thank you very much for sharing! I just hope I will be able to go to 1 or 2 wedding shows...

G&Z

out of curiosity, will you ladies attend the marriage workshop/course with HTBs?

lalagirl

Hi G&Z, am hijacking this as I am a June 2014 Bride... Going for marriage prep course is very good for all! I went for Engaged Encounter which is organized by the Catholic Church but non-Catholics can attend too. It's very good for both of you as it irons out whatever you need to before you even decide on getting married. In fact, the focus should be how to build your marriage instead of just on the wedding.

Remember brides, wedding is a day but marriage is a lifetime. :)

Let me know if you want more information!

zrhs

Hi G&Z, am hijacking this as I am a June 2014 Bride... Going for marriage prep course is very good for all! I went for Engaged Encounter which is organized by the Catholic Church but non-Catholics can attend too. It's very good for both of you as it irons out whatever you need to before you even decide on getting married. In fact, the focus should be how to build your marriage instead of just on the wedding.

Remember brides, wedding is a day but marriage is a lifetime. :)

Let me know if you want more information!

Just curious what topics do they actually covers ?

lalagirl

Well, they cover everything you need and want to know. I strongly encourage couples to go even before thinking about marriage cos you really got to be sure this guy/girl is who you want to spend your life with. For me, divorce is not an option, so we want to work things out before getting married.

Never expect the guys or girls to change after getting married, so it's important to work things out before even thinking of marriage.
Take it as a general knowledge course! It's really useful..

U can check out this website:
http://www.veritas.org.sg/ceespore/

bngak

Hi everyone! I'm also a 2015 BTB! So nice to know I'm not the only one starting early. :)

My AD will be in Nov! I'm super excited too and I think all of the excitement has got the better of me. I had gone looking around at the bridal shows and all withy the intention to browse and gather info. BUT I end up signing up for my pre wedding PS package and booking my hotel already... ...

Most hotels don't have the price list out for 2015 yet but if u ask some of them really do let u hold on to the perks till later. :)

zrhs

Hi everyone! I'm also a 2015 BTB! So nice to know I'm not the only one starting early. :)

My AD will be in Nov! I'm super excited too and I think all of the excitement has got the better of me. I had gone looking around at the bridal shows and all withy the intention to browse and gather info. BUT I end up signing up for my pre wedding PS package and booking my hotel already... ...

Most hotels don't have the price list out for 2015 yet but if u ask some of them really do let u hold on to the perks till later. :)

woah you booked your hotel? which hotel do you selected?
Do they allow you to book with the price of 2014 or reserved the hotel until the prices list is out ?

bngak

woah you booked your hotel? which hotel do you selected?
Do they allow you to book with the price of 2014 or reserved the hotel until the prices list is out ?

I booked with Sheraton Towers. :)

As there usually is a revision of price every year, we were not able to book with the '14 price. Though officially the prices for '15 were not released, the increment was confirmed and I will be booking with the new price for '15.

I went down to the different hotels to get a rough guide for their current packages. It was our first stop. When my HTB stepped in, he was so in love with the place that everything else we went to see next couldn't hold a candle to it. Haha. He kept comparing everything else to it!

The lady who showed me around told me that I could go down for their fair if I was interested cuz they usually have better perks then. She did told me that that mine was the first enquiry and they have not started taking in bookings for '15 yet but if I was keen I could still place a deposit to lock in the perks. So I did go down to their fair just to kaypo what extra perks they had but we ended up putting the deposit when the same lady helped us check regarding the bookings for '15 and told us that we can place our booking.

We will be going down this week to sign the contract! Think they will probably include the price in the contract in black and white but I will update again. :) Last discussed during the placement of the deposit, we booked with an open date cuz we have not consulted for good dates. Now our date is confirmed we have called in to book the specific date and it will be included in our contract. Yay.

zrhs

As there usually is a revision of price every year, we were not able to book with the '14 price. Though officially the prices for '15 were not released, the increment was confirmed and I will be booking with the new price for '15.

I went down to the different hotels to get a rough guide for their current packages. It was our first stop. When my HTB stepped in, he was so in love with the place that everything else we went to see next couldn't hold a candle to it. Haha. He kept comparing everything else to it!

The lady who showed me around told me that I could go down for their fair if I was interested cuz they usually have better perks then. She did told me that that mine was the first enquiry and they have not started taking in bookings for '15 yet but if I was keen I could still place a deposit to lock in the perks. So I did go down to their fair just to kaypo what extra perks they had but we ended up putting the deposit when the same lady helped us check regarding the bookings for '15 and told us that we can place our booking.

We will be going down this week to sign the contract! Think they will probably include the price in the contract in black and white but I will update again. :) Last discussed during the placement of the deposit, we booked with an open date cuz we have not consulted for good dates. Now our date is confirmed we have called in to book the specific date and it will be included in our contract. Yay.

I had email Sheraton for Jun,2015 availability but they replied me its available but price not read, they attached floor plans only. Nothing much said.
As i am request around 30 tables, the floor plan she attached is L shape ball room which i was thinking that there might blocked views .. unable to see all my guest at a glance.
May I know who is the lady who serve you ? The lady who replied my email is Lynn.
Can you PM me how much is per table for 2015? Thanks !

iluvshopping

@phoebanghx actually I been to 2 masters before. And I personally feel long shifu is better cos he really tell you what you should do during wedding day, and the dates he gave is 3 years. We paid 120 for long shifu and as for David tong we paid 130. So I think price wise long shifu is cheaper but he is more experienced and detailed in talking about the do's and don'ts. He also got tell us our character based on our ba zi. My HTB is so impressed by him!
Hihi,

I'm a 2015 bride too :) I wanted to get a date from David Tong previously for 2015 but he said the dates for 2015 not yet out. When did you approach him? Since you recommends Master Long, maybe I shld try him. Where is his place? Do you have his contact? Thanks.

iluvshopping

Surprise to see a thread for 2015 brides! I'm not alone. hah.. I have been gg to a few wedding showcases too. Realised that the pricing for banquets are increasing at a ridiculously fast rate. Abt 70-90 bucks more per table for 2015 compared to 2014 :eek: Do you all have any recommendations for a small ballroom that is suitable for 20-25 tables yet have high ceiling? The ones I seem so far needs at least 35 tables.

leess18

Surprise to see a thread for 2015 brides! I'm not alone. hah.. I have been gg to a few wedding showcases too. Realised that the pricing for banquets are increasing at a ridiculously fast rate. Abt 70-90 bucks more per table for 2015 compared to 2014 :eek: Do you all have any recommendations for a small ballroom that is suitable for 20-25 tables yet have high ceiling? The ones I seem so far needs at least 35 tables.

You can try Carlton, grand park city hall. One degree 15 too.

Four seasons too.

What is the budget?

zrhs

Hihi,

I'm a 2015 bride too :) I wanted to get a date from David Tong previously for 2015 but he said the dates for 2015 not yet out. When did you approach him? Since you recommends Master Long, maybe I shld try him. Where is his place? Do you have his contact? Thanks.

I had look for Master long in June. And calculated 3yrs dates up to end of 2015.
His place is at woodland ... love his house... u will know what i mean when u go there .. keke
PM u his details!

zrhs

Can try Grand Copthorne Waterfront , the hv ballroom abt 22-28 tables.

ChubbyDi

You can try Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. Their ballroom layout is nice with high ceiling.

babyling

Hihi,

You can msg him. His mobile no is 9067 5008. You can msg him in English. He will reply you back in mandarin. :) good luck!

babyling

I am interested in Sheraton too! Their ballroom is superb nice! They allow you to book your AD? When will be your AD? Mine is march.. Wonder when can I book? I very kiasu. I scare the dates are booked up. :(

jamiiewan

Hi all. I've looked at MBS, marina oriental & swissotel @ raffles city over the weekend.

Mbs is nice. However it's a little expensive at 1388++ to 1588++ for weekend dinner. However, it's a pillar less ballroom & the ceiling is sort of high. :) min 20tables.

Marina oriental, HTB and I felt that the rooms are a little odd shapes. Certain angles in the rooms u can't see the stage. So we sort of agreed not to discuss further for the hotel.

We like swissotel's ballroom. They have a few. The atrium ballroom is for 20-30 tables. However, it is low ceiling & it has 2 pillars blocking the stage.

Their bigger ballroom which caters to 35-45 tables is grand! We fell in love with it. It's high ceiling & pillar less. However it can be divided to 3 portions. Which means if you have 3 dinner happening at the same time. The foyer will be shared by 3 couples. They will split the foyer up and make into 3 zones.

We didn't like the bridal suites tho. It seems small and old.

For all hotels above, the rates cannot be extended to later part of 2015. Hotels rates will only be out earliest 1st quarter of 2014, latest 3rd quarter of 2014.

Doodlebug164

Hi! My AD is in Jan =) so happy to see that I'm not the uber kiasu one..(HTB said i was over-excited :oops: We are looking at RWS compass ballroom. The ballroom is huge and pillarless! and they are open for booking in 2015 so you girls can check it out if u want =)

jamiiewan

Hi! My AD is in Jan =) so happy to see that I'm not the uber kiasu one..(HTB said i was over-excited :oops: We are looking at RWS compass ballroom. The ballroom is huge and pillarless! and they are open for booking in 2015 so you girls can check it out if u want =)

Hi babe, could you share with me your package for RWS? My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

iluvshopping

Hihi, can you PM me the details on RWS too? Thanks.

iluvshopping

I had look for Master long in June. And calculated 3yrs dates up to end of 2015.
His place is at woodland ... love his house... u will know what i mean when u go there .. keke
PM u his details!
Saw. Thanks alot. Shall contact him soon!

leess18

My budget is not v high - abt 1.5k after ++ so four seasons probably out. Shall chk out Carlton, grand park city hall. Thanks!

You can try grand copthorne waterfront too. My banquet is also ard your size and I am holding it there

You can look for Lynn if you want to find out more

They have a upcoming wedding show too

Phoebenghx

http://www.theweddinglook.com.sg/weddings-101/wedding-events.php

This website has the upcoming wedding shows in various hotels. As well as wedding shows alone by studios and huge wedding fair. :)

I think they update monthly though.

I feel that we can go down and take a look at the hotels. They will still entertain u. However may not be able to give u the quotations. Cause ultimately u still need to sight the place. :))

Thanks for sharing!! :)

That's really fast!!

Phoebenghx

I'm actually looking at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, as one of my short listed hotel, but I've a concern.
Do you ladies think that guests will find the place too far and inaccessible?

zrhs

I'm actually looking at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, as one of my short listed hotel, but I've a concern.
Do you ladies think that guests will find the place too far and inaccessible?

To me is very far because most of my guest, relatives and my self stay in the west.
you may consider to cater bus for your relatives and guests?
This is a usual practise over myside to cater transport for my relatives and also good in a way that they will arrive on time as a group. keke
If my friend's wedding is held at the airport, i will still attend as i want to celebrate for them.

so dont worry about it~! If it is your dream hotel ...just go ahead and don't leave a regret.

Phoebenghx

To me is very far because most of my guest, relatives and my self stay in the west.
you may consider to cater bus for your relatives and guests?
This is a usual practise over myside to cater transport for my relatives and also good in a way that they will arrive on time as a group. keke
If my friend's wedding is held at the airport, i will still attend as i want to celebrate for them.

so dont worry about it~! If it is your dream hotel ...just go ahead and don't leave a regret.

Relatives from my side all stay in the west too. But I super love the ballroom! So I'm toying the idea of having a luncheon.
At least they wont reach home so late, lol.

G&Z

Relatives from my side all stay in the west too. But I super love the ballroom! So I'm toying the idea of having a luncheon.
At least they wont reach home so late, lol.

i attended wedding there n it's pretty, food not bad too! im sure they will be fine with the idea... at least there's mrt around the area... the HTB wanted capella but his mother find it inaccessible so it really all depends of individual...

G&Z

seems like some already chose the hotels, can i check how much deposit needed?

Phoebenghx

i attended wedding there n it's pretty, food not bad too! im sure they will be fine with the idea... at least there's mrt around the area... the HTB wanted capella but his mother find it inaccessible so it really all depends of individual...

Yup, love the design of the ballroom! I'll see how next year. Now just shortlisting all the vendors.
Capella's ballroom is very unique! It's the round ballroom right?

jamiiewan

I think gotta take note of the ballroom shape. Make sure from all angles ur guest can see the stage. Otherwise it's boring for them. :) they can't see what u are doing on the stage!

G&Z

Yup, love the design of the ballroom! I'll see how next year. Now just shortlisting all the vendors.
Capella's ballroom is very unique! It's the round ballroom right?
I'm not sure... have not been there but attending a wedding in Oct 2013 so will check it out at the same time...

What else to consider when selecting the hotel or what to take note ? For now I only wish its high ceiling and pillarless and not sure what else to look for side budget issue.
hmmm whether u like the shape of it...mostly everyone prefer the pillarless ballroom... for fullerton hotel, its a fan shape, u need to climb down stairs to reach the ballroom... so it will be good to go see see look look some of the ballrooms or google some pics of it first

Phoebenghx

What else to consider when selecting the hotel or what to take note ? For now I only wish its high ceiling and pillarless and not sure what else to look for side budget issue.

Personally, I want a pillarless, high ceiling and long march-in ballroom.
But I think after all still how, still depends on the overall "feel" of the ballroom.

bngak

@phoebanghx actually I been to 2 masters before. And I personally feel long shifu is better cos he really tell you what you should do during wedding day, and the dates he gave is 3 years. We paid 120 for long shifu and as for David tong we paid 130. So I think price wise long shifu is cheaper but he is more experienced and detailed in talking about the do's and don'ts. He also got tell us our character based on our ba zi. My HTB is so impressed by him!

Hey Babyling!

I just realised you went to consult both Master Tong and Master Long! I was originally deciding between the two and went for Master Long instead but I have always wondered if there was a diff. How did you find the both of them in comparison??

I am really tempted to approach David Tong to see if the dates he gives will be similar to that of Master Long.... Did they give you same dates??? I am also considering to approach either one of them to consult them on the feng shui for the house when it is ready cuz my HTB believes in feng shui.

zrhs

Hey Babyling!

I just realised you went to consult both Master Tong and Master Long! I was originally deciding between the two and went for Master Long instead but I have always wondered if there was a diff. How did you find the both of them in comparison??

I am really tempted to approach David Tong to see if the dates he gives will be similar to that of Master Long.... Did they give you same dates??? I am also considering to approach either one of them to consult them on the feng shui for the house when it is ready cuz my HTB believes in feng shui.

Wah.. wouldn't consulting so many masters causing confusion ? Like in the end you will start doubting who is the good ones?

Phoebenghx

Yea... I think so too... Think kinda have second thoughts on having my PS booked so early after listening to some friends and relatives... They say my ears are too soft!!!

Haha, my ears quite soft too. Signed my pre-wed shoot from Taiwan BS on impulse. ):

I agree with zrhs, too much opinions will cause confusion. Maybe for your hse can approach Master Tong. For wedding date just leave it as it is.

zrhs

Haha, my ears quite soft too. Signed my pre-wed shoot from Taiwan BS on impulse. ):

I agree with zrhs, too much opinions will cause confusion. Maybe for your hse can approach Master Tong. For wedding date just leave it as it is.

Many pre-wedding photo taken in Taiwan BS is beautiful~ dont need :( ... but u need to separated package for AD which may add up more cost?
Nevertheless, i think you wun regret having oversea photo shoot.. its always so beautiful when i see my friend's pre-wedding photos. I wish to have oversea ps but budget & time constraint. lol

I am thinking of taking my PS next month. So have more time for "editing" ... so now must start slimming !!

babyling

Hey Babyling!

Yeah I went to both of them. Cos initially my HTB and I plan to get married next year 2014. However, due to objection of my family. We decided to postpone. So our first selection of dates is chosen by master tong. However master tong's dates given are only until next year June. But we want to hold our actual day on 2015. So the dates can't be used. And reading by the recommendation given by brides to be here. I decided to try master long as he is older and should be more experienced than master tong. So end up, both of us find him better cos he still calculate what kind of personality are we when we gave him our bai zi. And advice us after marriage what to do in order to have a good marriage. I find him very accurate cos whatever he say about our personality is true! And the dates given compared to master tong, is alot! He gave up to end of 2015! Well for master tong he only gave you what you wants. But this is my personal preference. :)

Phoebenghx

Many pre-wedding photo taken in Taiwan BS is beautiful~ dont need :( ... but u need to separated package for AD which may add up more cost?
Nevertheless, i think you wun regret having oversea photo shoot.. its always so beautiful when i see my friend's pre-wedding photos. I wish to have oversea ps but budget & time constraint. lol

I am thinking of taking my PS next month. So have more time for "editing" ... so now must start slimming !!

Yeah, but I kinda regret I nvr get to look around and didnt think of my AD package. Gonna bleed twice!
You mean take the photo next mth? I'm trying to slim down also lol.

bngak

Yea, that's why also we didn't go eventually.. ..

Yeah, but I kinda regret I nvr get to look around and didnt think of my AD package. Gonna bleed twice!
You mean take the photo next mth? I'm trying to slim down also lol.

I also signed up for a package without AD photography.. Now I also regret cuz now then I find out it costs more than I thought it would.. Gotta go find some other place to replace this budget.

Phoebenghx

Typo.. I meant next year.. Ops !

Next month like too fast .. Not ready hahaha ..

Haha! Same for me! I'm going in March.

Yea, that's why also we didn't go eventually.. ..

I also signed up for a package without AD photography.. Now I also regret cuz now then I find out it costs more than I thought it would.. Gotta go find some other place to replace this budget.

Yes, so now I've to really budget myself to AD gown package & AD PG/VG.

I'm most probably doing a luncheon too. Cos my BTO is coming up. ):