(2013/09) Sep 2013 BTB

emily1985

Hi BTB,

Honored to start the thread for Sep 2013 BTB...

Basically things that i have prepared/or in the mids of preparing so far : -
1. Booked Taiwan PS for Vivi Bride
2. Confirming my banquet with Mandarin Orchard by adding $50 on top of 2012 rates
3. Shortlisting the list of bridal for actual day - Amanda Lee, La Vie, Dang Bridal, still searching.
4. Shortlisting my wedding bands - Cartier: Trinity Rings, still searching for better ones
5. Shortlisting my AD PG/VG as well as Prewedding videographer - Mojoideas, Idea Productions, Firewerks
6. Deciding on the deco and theme require for prewedding and actual day photography..

Hopefully im not scaring you brides.. but i'm not a person that likes planning! So all these are actually fun stuff to me :D

Hope to hear more from Sep brides!!

soceline

hello emily..!

You are fast. I'm still looking for Feng Shui master to calculate the date for my AD. Would like to have it on Sept too.. keep you posted! ^^

soceline

i have no idea.. cos needa check with my pops before i could go ahead with any master. ^^ keep you posted. =)

emily1985

soceline - mandarin orchard!
There's still alot of time before Sep 2013, just go shortlist some which you prefer
happy.gif

OCC is near my house btw...

chellchell

Hi Emily & soceline

I am also a Sept 2013 BTB!!! Have signed my BS package with Bliss (formerly known as Signoria) and now sourcing for outdoor garden wedding venues (in SG) or hotel/restaurant (in Malaysia JB).

Emily, I'm also thinking of Cartier wedding band!! Have you done your research? How much is it? I am looking at the classic love band.

chellchell

Hi Emily,

So did you buy the trinity or the classic love band? Mind to share the pics? You can pm me the pics.

Btw, Where did you get it from?

herwink

Hi.
I have a MY DREAM WEDDING package to let go. It's local package but can convert to HK or retain as local. I have paid the deposit. Due to personal reason, no point Holding on to the package.

Willing to absorb $(NEGOTIABLE) long as I can release the contract.

My package in contract consist of 32 poses w all the standard stuff at 3000++.. PS and AD gowns, car deco, thank u cards, fathers jacket.. Etc. A 7 seater vehicle along w 1 PG and assistant and a MUA out for photoshoot... (after much bargaining..,)
Quite good deal cos spent much effort to bargain more perks

Feel free to email for details or question. Await offer.
[email protected]

sueno

Hi All,

SO and I are still deciding but shld be in Sept 2013. Have not prepare anything and do not know where to start either. *panic*

misskon

Our preferred date is also in Sept! But my FPIL said need to check the tong shu, which hasn't been published yet. Zzz... I think this is all unnecessary but, what to do, not worth fighting with them over a date.

So all I've done is shortlist a few venues within our budget, but haven't engaged them yet, nor really go check out the place. So worried by the time the tong shu is out, duno whether I will still be able to get the date I want..

gabelle80

Hi all,

I am also holding my customary in Sept!! Have already booked the venue at Tung Lok Classics at Orchard parade hotel!!
happy.gif

I am still looking around for bridal shop. I have booked my PS and will be taking in a Sept this year!

jeslynwong

Hi all!!

I am also a Sept bride!! So excited!! I have chosen French Bridal for my bridal studio and Novotel for my dinner banquet.
happy.gif

garagling

hi all,
nice to meet all btb mine is on 21sept2013!!!
just confirmed my sheraton tower banquet so happy!!
bridal definately shirley li bridal for mtm gowns.

anyone looking at photobooth for actual day banquet reception?

emily1985

Wow happy to see more sep brides. I engaged external photography and videography mojoideas(not bridal one) and they have those instant prints.
For photobooth, babooth uses quite good quality

emily1985

Its mojoideas, I actually sign them up lastyear to lock in ttheir rates. And tis year I was jiemei for one of good friend tt engaged them also and witness the whole process and find them produce very nice pics and video at reasonable price.

emily1985

I just copy and paste from the package they sent last time to me... anything should just contact them...

MO PHOTOGRAPHY
Package

PG Up to 10hrs Operational Hours

Photography (Unlimited Shots)

Basic Colour/Lighting Photos Adjustment

Printed & Designed Disc & DVD Cover

Live Photography @ Wedding Banquet

• 4hrs Live Screening on Hotel’s Projector

• 1 DVD [ All Photo Digital Files ]

Final Production

SGD2088

jas01

Hi, I am also in Sep 2013 BTB.. Mine is on 9-sep
I have already book the banquet.

I still looking ard for PS, AD(PG & VG) as well.(Any recommend. Cheap and Gd. :p )

Wedding band also still looking ard..

But i have a problem with the PS, as i am still wearing my braces
sad.gif
still not sure wen will be done. Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance
happy.gif

emily1985

All, shared mojoideas previously have u all check them out?
Can go FB to see their work to see if u all like it.

luvme

Hi all, I'm oso a Sep BTB... jz only confirm my wedding banquet wif Sheraton Towers so far n hv not done anythg else from there
sad.gif

Totally hv no idea wad else nid to be done n where to start from... pls guide me along as I'm new to the forum... thks in advance
happy.gif

blessed_day

Hi Jann,

Congratulation !!
Planning a wedding can be a stressful experience but, of course, it is also one of the most important times of your life as you plan the beginning of your new journey together.

Planning a fairy tale wedding is probably a dream that most brides-to-be have had since they were in pigtails. The dress, the cake, the bridesmaids, the honeymoon all seem like pretty simple subjects to address when the time comes to begin planning the big day. When and if, it becomes too much too handle

I'm a wedding planner and hopefully i can help you to plan from concept to completion in yr wonderful journey. You will save time, money and unnecessary stress. Feel free to contact me anytime at 96217278. No obligation, do not worry
happy.gif
Hope to hear from you
happy.gif

Best wishes.

emily1985

Jann, focus on those things tt will potentially have price hike. E.g. bridal they increase price every year. Photography and videography as well.
But it's good to do some research first before u start sourcing if not you may find something cheap but not your style and it wouldn't turn out the way u wanted
happy.gif

ceely

My bf just proposed and I was thinking of getting married in Sep'13. Where do I start? Any tips?

Does everyone get the fengshui master to calculate the date?

starblue

Hi everyone!

I am also a september bride!!! getting married on 6th sept 2013!! I have settled most of my stuff except for videography. Hope everyone is enjoying the process!!

Dear Chris,

Congrats on getting married!! You might want to start researching for your wedding first! cos there are a lot of vendors for photography, videography, banquet and so on. start with settling ur banquet venue! if there's a hotel or restaurant u like just go down and take a look and see if u like the location and the price! then u can email the hotels for quotation on their banquet. Maybe can try to settle banquet by this year cos the price of banquet increases every year! And since sept is the chinese calendar eighth month u might want to start booking things soon!Keep in mind a budget for everything so that u don't overspend! If u book earlier u have more time to save up as well... the closer u book to your wedding date u might feel a bit stress up over money issues!
For us, my Future FIL has a friend who knows how to calculate the date for us and he also advice us when is the timing to avoid doing the customary stuff. I think just ask one fengshui master for date cos if u ask too many people u will end up getting confused when they start giving u different good dates.
All in all enjoy the process and look around this forum if u have any questions!

stephenielow

Hi All, I am also a btb in sep 2013. Mine is on the 15th Sept 2013. Booked M-hotel for our banquet and My Bridal Room for our bridal package.Planning of guest list and event flow are really a headache. As solomisation and traditional ceremony will be held on the same day too.As our banquet is held during lunch, timing wise is a bit rush. Anyone here are holding a lunch banquet too? Possible to share your event flow?

kitminish

Hi Stephenie, book M hotel luncheon too but in Dec 2013. Just a question, your is also 7 course right? Do you feel its a bit little? I am a little worried.

jessicachia

hi Stephanie, i also booked appt with my bridal room and one new bridal, The Louvre Bridal. Because they are nearby both in Bugis area, I intend to visit them together this weekend.

stephenielow

Yup,mine is luncheon too..commented to the coordinator tt will the dish b too little,she said as is a lunch, so ppl dun eat very full like dinner. But u might wan to top up 1 more dish if u tink is little I tink my bridal room service is fabulous.
happy.gif

rachaelchoi

Hi hi,

My Big Bang is on 08/09/2013. I've book my wedding banquet with Mandarin Orchard. Just book my bridal package with Yvonne Creative. But I have deceived not to use their in house photographer. Any recommendation on any good photographer?

Love
Rach1212

jessicachia

yup stephenie, i find my bridal room service very good, infact both i visited they not pushy.
happy.gif
the package from The Louvre Bridal is very tempting and so much better, so we caught in a dilemna now.

kittypony

Hi Star Blue,

I have the same wedding date as you-06 sep 13.
I saw there is a posting that 06 sep 13 is a PO RI which make me quite concerned
sad.gif

Are you still sticking with you dates?

starblue

Hi Catherine!

I am still sticking to my date! Cos we had our dates calculated by my father in law friend and he said it's the best date for us using our ba zhi! So even the David tong also said that tong Shu is only a guide used and not the most accurate unless u choose date by ba zhi! So we are still sticking to 6th sept!! This kind of date thing don't ask to many people for opinion if not will be very frustrating! Just choose one date! Stick to it, happily organise wedding and be a happy bride! After the wedding we will work hard for our marriage if things don't work out then can't be choosing the wrong date it will be because we did not put enough effort to maintain our marriage! =) that's what I choose to believe!
We have choose the date by calculating ba zhi I can't keep changing my wedding date after hearing every negative comment on my wedding date.

sensen83

Hi star blue, I agreed what you said! I went to few master to get the date. Everytime we went to the master n they say tong shu not available n ask us to come back again... Tat is so frustrating! Once u got the date, den pple start to say tis date not good tat date not good hahaha!! Anyway most impt, u muz b happy wif ur date!

kittypony

Hi Starblue,

Thanks for your reply! you certainly make sense.
Where will you be hosting your banquent? Im on waiting list for some hotels , maybe you have place a tentative booking already!! hahaha

starblue

We are holding our banquet at grand shanghai restaurant! It comes with one night stay at grand copthorne waterfront! We have actually booked most our stuff! Except for videography! We are thinking of having our ROM at garden by the bay!!! Seems like a very nice place!! Waiting for their reply!

hoshi4star

My Wedding date is 14th Sept 2013.
Will be a church wedding followed by reception.
PreWedding shots done with Ivy Bridal in Taipei, and signed up a AD PG&VG package with BeeHoon Production.

* Grand Shanghai has nice food and deco.... =)

joieee

Hi lovelies! I'm a Sep 2013 BTB as well! We have decided on the date and have shortlisted Pan Pacific for the banquet and will be checking out the place on Tue! we r now shortlisting the BS.. some advice needed here! We actually have a few PG that we really love their style. If we book the PG for the pre-wedding shoot,does the PG package include gowns and make-up artist?

magalicious

Hi all BTBs! Congrats to all of u! I'm a sep BTB too.. My AD is 12.09.13! Booked banquet @ Fullerton and PS w Z-weddin..
Kinda lost on what's e next step after this..
sad.gif