(2013/09) Sep 2013 BTB

pokahantas_tay

Hi all BTB! I'm a sep BTB too
happy.gif
My AD is 29.9.13 and we booked our banquet already.. right now looking for BS.. which is a big headache.. any advice?

joieee

Hi lovelies! I'm a Sep 2013 BTB as well! We have decided on the date and have shortlisted Pan Pacific for the banquet and will be checking out the place on Tue! we r now shortlisting the BS.. some advice needed here! We actually have a few PG that we really love their style. If we book the PG for the pre-wedding shoot,does the PG package include gowns and make-up artist?

parisland

Hi BTB, my AD is Sept too..pretty excited..looking for VG & PG, seems so costly nowadays..i be having the banquet in regent and my package in Spozami in JB. Hope we can share some good tips and pointers
happy.gif

mochi85

HI All.. Congrats to you all! My date is 8.9.13. Had my Prewed Pic Last oct with Ivy Bride in Taiwan. Super friendly people and I managed to get my Pictures one month later ( too early i know... -__-"). I end up spending about $4,000 (including 1 full male suits + Airtix of $1,200)

My wedding will not be in Singapore but now I am searching where to get a good Bridesmaid long dress.

starblue

To all sept brides!
I think we are all going to share this same problem. As u all know our wedding date is during the 8th month of the chinese calendar, and the month before is the 7th month which is the ghost festival. My relatives are advising me not to do anything related to the wedding during that month. All invitations and guo da li have to be done before the ghost month. I checked the chinese calendar and ghost month begins from 7th Aug 2013 to 4th sept 2013. Which means most of us will be affected by the 7th month!
So maybe everyone should be aware of this issue and print ur wedding invitations and give it out earlier too! Do all wedding stuff before the 7th month! I have to start planning my guo da li date and all so that i don't forget!! =)

emojeejee

Hi All, my date is 8 Sept 13. Basically have not booked anything. Still looking for a unique venue. Asked for a wedding package at Flutes at the Fort but they provided a Western Menu which is a major problem as the groom side family does not consume Beef due to religious reasons.

Searched for Tuk Long Restaurants too but the menus online all have Sharks Fin.

Seems like everyone has booked their venue and BS. Should i start panicking?

sensen83

Hi brides,

AD is 21 sept 13, wedding dinner at fumera riverfront. Bridal studio white link . Last week spent 5 hr choosing my gown and I only managed to confirmed 1 gown the rest I still kiv... I requested to change my makeup artist and I top up for designer gown... To all bride happy planning for ur big day'

piggy_von

Hi everyone! I'm a sept bride too...7 sep
happy.gif
currently have booked the banquet at Shangri-La, now starting to meet the videographers, photographers, gown designer to set the details. A little worried about the tight timeline tho ðŸ˜

jenmal

Hi BTBs,
I am a Sep 2013 btb too
happy.gif
7 Sep.
Banquet : Movenpick Hotel, Sentosa
Bridal : La Belle Couture
Hope to share planning, contact, tips etc. in this forum
happy.gif

misstiny

Hi all BTB! I'm a sep BTB too
happy.gif
My AD is 29.9.13 and we booked our banquet already.. right now looking for BS.. which is a big headache.. any advice?

My AD is same as yours! I have booked my banquet, PG, VG...Done my pre wed photos. Now hope everything will go on smoothly >.<

sensen83

Hi hi!!! This thread is quiet!! Let make some noise.. Me too on 21 sept 13.. Coming soon! I done my pre wedding shot last Friday.. N wedding dinner booked

superberrylove

Hi everyone, so happy to see so many Sept BTBs!

Our date is set for 29.9.13 too, such a popular date (as I can see here)!

Venue, photographer, videographer all booked. Just having alot of problems dealing with vendors and sourcing for materials (I would love to do personalisations!) as I am based in Australia! :confused:

Hope everyone is making good progress with their wedding prep!

Hi sensen83, our wedding is on 21 Sept too
Cheers!! :)
have u found a PG and VG for ur AD?
can share with us the contact if possible as we haven found one
thks :)

sensen83

Blissful88.. Congrats to u!!!
my AD photographer is from bridal studio. As for the videographer it yappies production..u want his contact?

dj828

Hi BTBs,
I am a Sep 2013 btb too
happy.gif
7 Sep.
Banquet : Movenpick Hotel, Sentosa
Bridal : La Belle Couture
Hope to share planning, contact, tips etc. in this forum
happy.gif

Hi Jenmal,
Congrats & so excited to see U've booked yr banquet@ Movenpick.

I'm planning mine next Feb, may I check with U more on Movenpick Hotel banquet packages?
I've not visit Movenpick yet and want to know more:)

you can email me more info to: [email protected]

Thank you.

superberrylove

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to find out - have you bought your guo da li items yet?

if you have, which is/are the best shop(s) to go to, to have a look and buy from?

I'm flying home for a bit so I'm hoping to settle as much as possible, so any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone! ;)

sillyjc

hi, can i check normally how long before our wedding date we can choose the wedding invitation card and wedding favor?

gabelle80

Hello

I am Sept 2013 BTB... 28/09/2013
Venue: Orchard Parade Hotel (Lunch)

Most finalized liao...only left GDL items, invitation to print, wedding favours, food tasting....

4 more mths gals!

misstiny

Hi everyone, so happy to see so many Sept BTBs!

Our date is set for 29.9.13 too, such a popular date (as I can see here)!

Venue, photographer, videographer all booked. Just having alot of problems dealing with vendors and sourcing for materials (I would love to do personalisations!) as I am based in Australia! :confused:

Hope everyone is making good progress with their wedding prep!

If you like personalisation, you can look up to taobao or esty ;)

misstiny

hi, can i check normally how long before our wedding date we can choose the wedding invitation card and wedding favor?

I have already choose the wedding favour. I think about 1-2 mth before the actual date have to start doing the invite cards

Hi misstiny, congrats on ur wedding :)

Our wedding is on Sept too, on the 21st

saw on ur blog u took up Bee Hoon Production for ur AD

will like to know for the $1288 package is for photography only or for BOTH photography and videography?

Lol I've been lazy to find but I'm glad I came across this today.. Finally found the Sep 2013 brides thread! Hee...

I'm having my wedding dinner on 27 Sep!

I thought invites are supposed to be printed this month... I kinda followed the schedule found on another wedding forum... It looked like I have super loads to do this month...

misstiny

Hi misstiny, congrats on ur wedding :)

Our wedding is on Sept too, on the 21st

saw on ur blog u took up Bee Hoon Production for ur AD

will like to know for the $1288 package is for photography only or for BOTH photography and videography?

Sorry I didnt check back the forum. Haha! I just replied you! =)

Hi everyone, for the emcee for ur wedding dinner, who did u approach?

ur family, friends or colleagues or engage a experienced emcee outside?

superberrylove

I chose friends. Personally, I think you should people that you are comfortable with.

I know of others who have engaged professional emcees though. This ensures that all your friends will be able to have fun, not worrying about getting on stage throughout the whole night. It is really up to you!

superberrylove

Hi everyone,

just wondering how you are doing your childhood photo montage? I have to start on ours soon but not entirely sure how to go about it. any ideas/ suggestions/ advice would be great! :)

JasTab

Hi peeps,

My Wedding is on 7 Sept 13, am looking for MUA for my mum & sis for morning & night.. Any good recommendations, especially MUAs whom you have personally used? Cheers!

I got my friends to do it... Attended professional emcees before but I think it's better to have friends cos they know you well and it just feels more real, know what I mean?

As for preparation, I'm really sweating... So many details to attend to!

This month supposed to do:
- wedding invites (picked out, gave details but not collected)
- start on montage (not done)
- set date for food tasting (done but haven't sent the menu we chose)
- Guo da Li stuff... ( was thinking we shd buy early but do the Guo da Li later , just to avoid scurrying after 7th month)

The problem is the 7th month, seems like for an entire month, we can't do anything for the wedding... But I think I'll get the corsages and guest book done ba...

I need advice, decided not to go geomancer for wedding date, now all the more cannot go geomancer for Guo da Li date cos worried geomancer will tell me my wedding date is bad. Difficult to change now. Anyone knows generic auspicious dates these couple of months for Guo da Li?

I've not seen my album layout, select gowns for actual day, trial makeup... Hope I'm not too behind... Pls do sound out if I am...

superberrylove

Hello Simplyblack!

you are not alone! I too feel like there is still so much to do!

I'm based overseas so I'm relying alot on verbal promises of friends and family to get things done, up to now many of which have disappointed me, so I am getting really stressed out. >.<

But am trying to tell myself it isn't worth getting so worked up over (though it's hard with the $$$ spent), so I am trying to work small bits everyday now.

I think if you have chosen and confirmed most (if not all) of your vendors, then you are good. :)

HOw are the rest doing? All good?

Oh wow superberrylove, it must be so hard for you... It's like that, nothing like doing it yourself...

But I keep telling myself not to be too persistent on certain ideas and cut everything some slack because at the end of the day, it's your marriage that matters. To be joined in holy matrimony with the one you love. So try to take it easy, delegate according to what each and every person is good at, and only delegate to those who care enough.

All the best!

Hi simplyblack, when is ur AD?

8 Sept is a good day for Guo Da Li

Btw, did all of u sign up package with bridal shop?

If yes, do u wear the same wedding gown on ur pre wedding photos and on AD or u r wearing different wedding gown on AD?? :) :)

Hi simplyblack, when is ur AD?

8 Sept is a good day for Guo Da Li

Btw, did all of u sign up package with bridal shop?

If yes, do u wear the same wedding gown on ur pre wedding photos and on AD or u r wearing different wedding gown on AD?? :) :)

My AD on 27 Sep! Really?!! 8 Sep is good? I can make it! Yay... Thank you so much blissful888!

I signed up package with Di Gio... They allow me to pick different dresses for AD. And I'm going to. Though it did take me some time to pick out my photoshoot WG already, I'm not confident that I will find something better. But I think the key is the gowns will get worn (mine's off the rack, not MTM), so I think I should pick from their new collection. They have new collection every quarter.

My friends did recommend that I take back the same gown cause the photoshoot captures the gown and thus you have memory of what you wore on your wedding day. But to me, I feel that both are valuable experiences, PS and AD, so I'm ok with having different gowns and have my AD PG help me capture my AD gown.

Up to individual really... :)

superberrylove

Oh wow superberrylove, it must be so hard for you... It's like that, nothing like doing it yourself...

But I keep telling myself not to be too persistent on certain ideas and cut everything some slack because at the end of the day, it's your marriage that matters. To be joined in holy matrimony with the one you love. So try to take it easy, delegate according to what each and every person is good at, and only delegate to those who care enough.

All the best!

Hey Simplyblack,

Ya, I am taking it easy. just that doing things overseas takes a whole lot more time, and i am a worrywart! lol

My AD on 27 Sep! Really?!! 8 Sep is good? I can make it! Yay... Thank you so much blissful888!

I signed up package with Di Gio... They allow me to pick different dresses for AD. And I'm going to. Though it did take me some time to pick out my photoshoot WG already, I'm not confident that I will find something better. But I think the key is the gowns will get worn (mine's off the rack, not MTM), so I think I should pick from their new collection. They have new collection every quarter.

My friends did recommend that I take back the same gown cause the photoshoot captures the gown and thus you have memory of what you wore on your wedding day. But to me, I feel that both are valuable experiences, PS and AD, so I'm ok with having different gowns and have my AD PG help me capture my AD gown.

Up to individual really... :)

Hi our AD is on 21 Sept 13!!! 6 days before urs :):)
Yes 8 Sept is a good day for Guo Da Li.

Thanks for sharing ur changing of gown for PS and AD.

Keep in touch.

Cheers~~~ :)

sensen83

Hi Sept bride,
Yes it 3 month time! coming close!
Following are the item to be settle for me
Guo Da Li Date - 7 Sept 2013
Bed Setting - 19 Sept 2013
Food Tasting - 21 Jul 2013 meanwhile choose the wedding favour
Choose Tea dress an ROM dress - In July
Need to book Solemenization- In July

I haven't find my childhood picture montage.. zz zz

superberrylove

HEy Sensen83,

Me too, I have yet to do my photo montage as well! I am trying to find a song for it, and to also locate all the photos as well. I really want to get it done ASAP! What program are you thinking of using?

Outstanding things left on my to do list (that I can think of for now):
- guo da li items and dates
- seating arrangement
- time line for the day
- buying all bridal accessories
- music selection (march in, ambience music)
- photo montage
- speeches (bride and groom, emcees)
- candy bar
- guest book or thumbprint poster
- gate crashing games

so much to do so little time :confused:

HEy Sensen83,

Me too, I have yet to do my photo montage as well! I am trying to find a song for it, and to also locate all the photos as well. I really want to get it done ASAP! What program are you thinking of using?

Outstanding things left on my to do list (that I can think of for now):
- guo da li items and dates
- seating arrangement
- time line for the day
- buying all bridal accessories
- music selection (march in, ambience music)
- photo montage
- speeches (bride and groom, emcees)
- candy bar
- guest book or thumbprint poster
- gate crashing games

so much to do so little time :confused:

Hi, u mean u do the montage disc urself?
which program r u using btw?
can share?

Thks!