(2013/09) Sep 2013 BTB

superberrylove

Hi, u mean u do the montage disc urself?
which program r u using btw?
can share?

Thks!

Hi Blissful888,

Yes, we are looking at doing the montage on our own as our budget is pretty tight. That is the plan at least. We are still trying to figure it all out so I don't have a program per say at the moment that we are considering.

You can maybe consider movie maker? Seems like alot of people use them, base on what I read on the forum.

Anyone out there has any recommendations?

misstiny

HEy Sensen83,

Me too, I have yet to do my photo montage as well! I am trying to find a song for it, and to also locate all the photos as well. I really want to get it done ASAP! What program are you thinking of using?

Outstanding things left on my to do list (that I can think of for now):
- guo da li items and dates
- seating arrangement
- time line for the day
- buying all bridal accessories
- music selection (march in, ambience music)
- photo montage
- speeches (bride and groom, emcees)
- candy bar
- guest book or thumbprint poster
- gate crashing games

so much to do so little time :confused:

Wah all of this items, I have not done yet >_<! 3 more months dont know still have enough time.

HEy Sensen83,

Me too, I have yet to do my photo montage as well! I am trying to find a song for it, and to also locate all the photos as well. I really want to get it done ASAP! What program are you thinking of using?

Outstanding things left on my to do list (that I can think of for now):
- guo da li items and dates
- seating arrangement
- time line for the day
- buying all bridal accessories
- music selection (march in, ambience music)
- photo montage
- speeches (bride and groom, emcees)
- candy bar
- guest book or thumbprint poster
- gate crashing games

so much to do so little time :confused:
Sorry I just saw this...

Superberrylove... Are you getting a vendor to set up or doing it on your own?

I'm thinking of DIY...

Done:
-wedding shoes
-actual day program (to be refined)
-music selection

In process:
-printing of invites
-photo album in the making
-guo da Li stuff, still got some stuff left to buy, mostly perishables
-candy bar (still sourcing for the right color candies)
-have selected photos for montage but have not passed to friend to do it for us, we just want a simple one.

Have not done:
-corsages for sisters
-caterer
-not found JP
-actual day gown selections
-seating arrangement
-guest book
-speeches
- emcee script

Ok I'm scaring myself...

Hi Simplyblack,

saw ur "have not done list" :

have some inquiry on the below :

pls share share with me~~

- guest book --> when u buy wedding band or book banquet dinner, they shall give u 1 guest book FOC?

- caterer --> Caterer for buffet on AD outside ur hse or groom hse?

- corsages for sisters --> Tot bridal shop will provide FOC if u sign up package?

- actual gown selection -> ur actual gown selection different from the ones u wear for pre wedding photos?

Hi Simplyblack,

saw ur "have not done list" :

have some inquiry on the below :

pls share share with me~~

- guest book --> when u buy wedding band or book banquet dinner, they shall give u 1 guest book FOC?

- caterer --> Caterer for buffet on AD outside ur hse or groom hse?

- corsages for sisters --> Tot bridal shop will provide FOC if u sign up package?

- actual gown selection -> ur actual gown selection different from the ones u wear for pre wedding photos?
Lol... It's all wants, not needs.

Guest book: one of my BFF wants to create a scrapbook style one for me... Honestly I'm more into photo book like mb Instagram album of all my guests cause I think it's easier to look through photos and see who came instead of having to read the words and the handwriting's... No offense but I still appreciate my guests signing on my guest book. Yes they do provide, not from the wedding bands but from hotel and from BS(which I swapped for one pose).

Caterer: yup for the morning... Guests / relatives who's coming for tea ceremony at my parents' and my future in laws'. My problem was one of the buffet was smaller than 15 pax and I had to do some sourcing before I found a good caterer who is willing to provide food Warmers and table settings for a small topup charge. I didn't like the microwaveable boxes for mini buffets.

Corsages for sisters: my BS seems to be only providing for the brothers... I can't recall if they have wrist ones for my sisters... Hmm, but if I have time, I'll make them myself, cos I have a pretty specific design in mind.

Actual gowns: yup likely I'm getting smthg different cos the one I wore for PS might have worn out. Feel like wearing a lace gown this time. Depends on my dieting progress... Lol.

superberrylove

I'm sorry I'm talking about the candy bar... Vendor or DIY?

Hi Simplyblack,

I'm doing it DIY, which is a big big headache.. how about you?

And ooh, lucky you, to have a friend to help do the montage for you! I asked friends but they tell me 'it's not their strength', and all don't really want to help till the day itself. So I got alot to do in the next two months!

And don't worry, you are not the only one scaring yourself. I am scaring myself silly cos I am pretty much doing everything on my own, alone. :( Hang in there and jia you!

Superberrylove,

I'm going for DIY too... Cos I already have tapas for my reception so it's not going to buffet, just a simple bar for the kids...

I think the jars costs me as much as the candies are going to costs me... But I guess it's ok since it's my big day...

I just went to Spotlight after work to find materials for my sisters' wrist corsages. But wasted trip cos I couldn't find the right one.

I guess all the headache is complicated by the fact that I'm troubled at work. Have been feeling so close to quitting many times and it's almost making me depressed and no mood to do my wedding prep but I'm not willing to be income-less or compromise my spending especially during this crucial time... Anyway, side tracked...

Hang in there brides!

superberrylove

Hi Simplyblack,

Yes, the jars are really pricey isn't it? I still need to determine if i need more jars cos we have not confirmed what candies and how much we are getting as well.

Have you tried Daiso for materials for the corsages? I'm skipping this all together as I got two boys as part of my 'jie meis' and have settled on gifts for all of them.

Oh dear, hang in there ok babe? I too am just feeling overwhelmed. Thats what the forum is for, to vent and air your problems and woes cos we can understand!

misstiny

Superberrylove,

I'm going for DIY too... Cos I already have tapas for my reception so it's not going to buffet, just a simple bar for the kids...

I think the jars costs me as much as the candies are going to costs me... But I guess it's ok since it's my big day...

Try getting those jars from ikea instead. Most are $10 and below.

Hi Simplyblack,

Yes, the jars are really pricey isn't it? I still need to determine if i need more jars cos we have not confirmed what candies and how much we are getting as well.

Have you tried Daiso for materials for the corsages? I'm skipping this all together as I got two boys as part of my 'jie meis' and have settled on gifts for all of them.

Oh dear, hang in there ok babe? I too am just feeling overwhelmed. Thats what the forum is for, to vent and air your problems and woes cos we can understand!

Yup! The jars are pretty expensive but you could dress up ikea jars like misstiny has mentioned... I had to mix with cookie jars too... Hee...

For the corsages, I was hoping to make something which the brides can use again later. Being a little over ambitious I'm afraid... The specific design i have in mind might be too time-consuming to make especially when I have 7 sisters...

cavegirl5110

Hi all,

I am also holding my customary in Sept!! Have already booked the venue at Tung Lok Classics at Orchard parade hotel!!
happy.gif

I am still looking around for bridal shop. I have booked my PS and will be taking in a Sept this year!

Hi babe u should check out the gown warehouse. Its new in singapore. i booked my gown there. u will not regret going there.

jac_ho

dear BTBs,

my wedding was 3 months ago, and i DIY my candy corner. i bought many apothecary jars that come in various sizes & shapes. and then hand-painted them myself. it is actually a very memorable process for me :)

now they are up for rent @ $15/jar.

i also used 2 huge cupcake stands (made of cardboards) that i got from London. They are also up for rent. $15/stand.

email me if you are interested and i'll show you the photos of the setup.

enjoy your wedding preparation!

email: [email protected]

cavegirl5110

Hi estva, yes I got my gown from the gown warehouse! Was introduced by my friend..and i feel so lucky that i found them. Absolutely love their concept! They feature a wide range of gowns!! I got myself a really beautiful bustier gown with alot of crystals, my fiance says j looked stunning in it;)I love crystals! And best part is they are not pushy, they give superb service. :) u should really go and have a look for urself. Its worth it.

cavegirl5110

I was so happy i found the gown and totally forgot about taking a picture of it..The next time I go for fitting, I will take a picture to show u!

misstiny

Hi estva, yes I got my gown from the gown warehouse! Was introduced by my friend..and i feel so lucky that i found them. Absolutely love their concept! They feature a wide range of gowns!! I got myself a really beautiful bustier gown with alot of crystals, my fiance says j looked stunning in it;)I love crystals! And best part is they are not pushy, they give superb service. :) u should really go and have a look for urself. Its worth it.

Averagely how much does the gown there cost like? Wanna go take a look,

Hi BTB, how the preparations going on?

Have everyone confirmed ur wedding dinner tables?

Decided on the table arrangments alrdy?

Have a qn for all BTB, if e.g we have booked for 20 tables

on AD, there are additional 3 more pax which mean total 203 pax

how do we allocate seat for them last min?

anyone have any idea?

lemonzil

squeeze them in... some tables can squeeze 11. otherwise, play by ear. there will be guest who dont turn up last min. so you actually dont have to worry about it.

your coordinators (friends not hotel) should be able to help you on this during the banquet itself.

emojeejee

As of yesterday, Ghost Festival has begun. Just wondering if all BTB has stopped your wedding preparation completely??

My wedding is on 08 sept and I still have minor items to do so I'm not observing the ' do not do any wedding preparation during ghost festival '

I'm not observing. Except maybe for sending of the invitations... Still doing the DIY's.

Change of plans from what I had posted earlier, I did away with some DIY because I didn't want to stress myself too hard.

I was wondering if I'm too greedy. Anyone has 2 white gowns you'll be wearing on the AD? Like one for the morning and one during lunch/dinner , on top of an evening gown?

I like the gown from the BS but the thing is it has no train. I can't find something in between and getting the BS to change the gown will make the style look awkward. But I feel like a wedding gown's not a gown without a train. So was wondering if I can get something "traditional" for the morning. Like a lace gown with less bling bling...

Am I wasting money?

I

superberrylove

I too am still doing things. Honestly, my invites have not been sent out yet! Am trying to rush them out this weekend!

Simplyblack, it is not a waste of money if you think it is something you want I guess. I have seen firends change into 3-4 gowns for the entire day, as long as you are happy, and can afford to rent another dress... there is nothing stopping you! :)

Apparently Tdragon told me and HTB that the next earliest date to send our invites is 5 Sep onwards. I guess that's the end of 7th month.

Ya I decided to prioritise my own desires since it's once in a lifetime so I went to A Love Affair today. The dresses are not too bad for a home-based setup but honestly I had expected more in terms of service etc after looking through the website. (meaning the website was well done) Didn't managed to find anything suitable so I figured maybe I'm meant to have a train-less gown and only one gown. Lol.

Well I have many other things to worry about anyway. If I come across a really splurge-worthy gown, I wouldn't have 2nd thoughts about getting it. Prefer to get from outside my BS cos Di Gio is charging me 680 onwards for "upgrading" my ROM gown to a full gown. Guess it's fair for them to charge ala carte rates since this is out of my package.

Lace couture and blessed brides have pretty nice and affordable stuff but perhaps this is not the right thread to review them. Lol.

Anyone done Guo Da Li? My HTB is teochew while I'm Hokkien. Utterly confused about what's needed. Only know:
Hubby supposed to bring
12xCanned pig trotters
Dragon pheonix candles
12xOranges
2 martells
Cakes - haven't decided traditional Xi bing or western cakes or both.

My mum supposed to return
Orange juice
part of whatever HTB send
Towel sets for HTB's brothers n SIL
An Ang pow to replace shoes for my MIL

Anything else missing that's really important?

Good morning BTB, hope everyone is doing well for the wedding preparations.
Btw, have a qn.
During the wedding dinner banquet, the childhood and pre wedding disc are to be played before the 1st march in or after the 1st march in? :) :)

lemonzil

Good morning BTB, hope everyone is doing well for the wedding preparations.
Btw, have a qn.
During the wedding dinner banquet, the childhood and pre wedding disc are to be played before the 1st march in or after the 1st march in? :) :)

normally childhood montage is before 1st march in and then the morning express highlights before 2nd march in...

Just like to put in a word of encouragement for all the Sep brides... Hang in there! Must be stressful now but remember, most importantly, we must look great and feel exhilarated! Nothing else matters as much!

misstiny

I have a few more things on urgent list ><~

Due to 7th month, my invite cards has not send out yet.
My wedding album not yet received.
Photo montage do half way.
Pre wed video still waiting for vendor to amend the 1st draft ><!

Getting rather overwhelmed because of all the hiccups...

My dad is working late recently because of a project closing at his office, so I've to accompany my mum to give out invites to relatives after 7th month.
My wedding album was supposed to be collected 2 weeks ago but there were a couple photos with lower resolution and when they got blown up, they looked terrible so my BS is working on the resolution now. I do worry whether they can make it by my wedding day.

I'm almost done with my mini DIY projects. Need to purchase candies closer to Wedding day itself, for my candy bar.
Having my guo da li this weekend. Haven't bought orange juice, oranges, wedding biscuits and towels...
Filled up my red packets halfway...

Believe those with AD's this wkend and next will probably not even have time to check into this thread... lol

superberrylove

Hello all,

How are you? I'm feeling a bunch of nerves and dread as I type this. Lol.

My guest count has gone waaaay below the minimum cos all relatives on the grooms side isnt flying in. So I have stopped every other thing that has to be done to try and invite more people as I need to confirm my numbers this Monday! :confused:

Still have some things to finish up, like the montage (which I am just using good ol'' movie maker), my speech and gatecrashing.

Simplyblack, yes we will all have to order our candies soon! Heh.

And I still have to do the table arrangements and all as well. My jie meis are all working crazy hours at the moment, and so is my HTB (he works till 1am most days now), so it's just me pulling through.

Red packets and prep for guo da li still not completed.

So I feel rushed, cos I want to finish as much as I can cos I will have to do many other things like welcome bags and all when I fly in a week before.

Jia you to everyone!!! and to all the BTBs with weddings this month, don't forget to slap on that facial pack every few days! ;)

lemonzil

My wedding is this Sunday. Most of the stuffs are done. I just need to find rose petals for my flower girl and get my nails done.

otherwise you can buy it. I know Le Knot (city plaza level 5) sells it. not too sure other similar shops selling or not. Cause I bought mine there.

emojeejee

otherwise you can buy it. I know Le Knot (city plaza level 5) sells it. not too sure other similar shops selling or not. Cause I bought mine there.

I actually went to a florist at Nex and reserved a big bag of rosé petals to be collected tomorrow noon time. Read some reviews that fake petals are smelly. Not sure if that's true.

lemonzil

i just went attended a good friend's wedding on sat. They used fake rose petals too. No smell at all...

1/4 of the Sep 2013 brides should have cleared their AD... Congrats!

I'm getting the pre-wedding jitters... not about marrying my HTB... more like feeling restless at work and dying to get out there and get everything settled...

Weekends just doesn't seem enough...

Wondering if some brides over the last weekend asked for MUA to stay and do up their hair for 2nd march-in? Does the MUA stay or she / he leave first and then come back ? I'm just worried whether mine might be late.

If I have solemnization at 6pm, what time should I start my make up ? I suggested 4pm but my MUA suggested 3.30pm. Wondering if that's too early ?

lemonzil

i think most MUA if you engage them for 2nd march in, they will leave and come back again.

professional good MUA will know what time to come back and will not be late. Anyway, you can always delicate this 'task' of calling the MUA to ur bridesmaid.
Dont worry too much.

i guess your MUA wants to prep you before your solemnization. Are you engaging her to make up for others as well?

Nope, I thought of asking him to do for my mum & MIL but he's a tad bit expensive so I'm asking the MUA which my bridesmaids appointed to do that instead. Plus my aunt reminded me that he really should be concentrating on me.

Lemonzil, I saw you engaged your MUA to do a 2nd hairdo. Did yours leave and come back again?

H

lemonzil

ic, unless you have a lot of bridesmaid etc. actually i dont think the MUA will not remember you're the bride...

Anyway, yes, i did and she did leave and came back on time. she was already waiting for me outside the ballroom when i step out to change.

lol nope i'm not worried about him forgetting but rather he can't cope. I have 7 bridesmaids and they engaged another 2 MUAs to do their makeup and hair. It was their preferred MUA anyway. But I assigned my mum and MIL there really for the price difference like I've said.
My MUA is from the bridal shop but he's pretty ok that's why i'm thinking of engaging him for the 2nd march in. Exploring my options. It's not about his professionalism, just one hiccup like traffic etc to cause him to be late and that could really shake things up a bit. Plus I only have one chance to walk down that aisle in my EG. Anyway, thanks for your advice lemonzil, I will take that into consideration. :)

lemonzil

simplyblack, dont worry too much. if your MUA can't cope, he will probably either get himself more manpower otherwise, start even earlier. That's what most MUAs do also from what I know.

And for the MUA if they leave your banquet venue, they will hang around the area unless your venue is out of place where there's nothing much/no where for them to go.
worrying too much dont really help. :) take it easy and breathe!

tandl

Hello sep btbs! Anyone intending to do prewedding videos instead of montage? I need recommendations......

superberrylove

Sure all sept brides are feeling great relieved now!! I'm sure I am
How's the honeymoon ladies?

Hello you!!!

Yes it is over but unfortunately, no honeymoon yet for me.. we were pretty broke even before the dinner was held so don't think we will have one. rather save up for a home.

Have you been/are on your honeymoon babe?

How did everything go girls?

Mine went by in a flash but I'm happy no big hiccups and my gowns had no fashion slip-up's or boo-boo's!

No honeymoon plans yet but hope to go on one next year...

Same, spent quite a bomb already so conserving for my house too...