(2012) 2012 Brides to be

yyiling

Henges, thanks for the rec! Will drop you a mail. I'm a sept BTB too. Just checked the f1 dates and I think I am smack in the f1 weekend.

yyiling

Oh no! If i remember correctly, access to fairmont would be blocked during F1? My venue is also pretty close to the track, hope no severe disruptions.

yyiling

I think the weekend traffic into Orchard can be pretty bad. Was stuck in a 30 min jam while trying to attend a cousin's wedding at centrepoint, so I tried not to pick Orchard hotels. Though if you're on the 'outskirts' like Goodwood Park or even Marriott it might not be so bad?

julia85

wow.. all the live band talk...
think i'm nt getting the live band..
extra cost.. boo boo...
rather spend on my reno...

mrspehsally

Hi BTBs,

I am a BTB in 2012 too but have not book wedding banquet, photoshoot and etc. omg, anyone has good wedding banquets price list to share for 35 tables and above? It's fine if it's in hotels or outdoors.

min_min_87

Hi Sally, you can see wedding buddies from this website
happy.gif

is a couple set up for live band.. but if you need other singers or instrument they can customise for you too
happy.gif

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Wedding-Buddies/118672481546067

binary

Sally: where is AD? me 10 Nov 2012 (Sat)
you can look at marina mandarin, Hyatt, Marriott, pan pacific, holiday inn atrium, furama riverfront, orchard, Hilton, Novotel, Sheraton , etc.. these are some of my shortlisted hotels.. cos my min is 40 tables..

please take note that the min no of tables required will be different from weekday and weekend and some even has different min for sat and sun.

better secure ur booking fast..
Check out this http://singaporebrides.com/wedding_banquet_pricelist.php?year=2012&meal=dinner&tables=35&budget=any&dayofweek=any&sort=name and email the hotel coordinator and arrange for site visit.

at the bottom of the http://singaporebrides.com/
there is a listing of wedding shows and usually wedding show has better offer and throw in more perks.

joyyoung80

hi there,

I am selling a brand new priscilla of boston-melissa sweet wedding gown (style Fiesole). I purchased it from U.S., paid tax both on US and SG(charged by the custom when send it in) and very expensive shipping cost. Just received it yesterday and found it actually doesn't suit me....

the dress is brand new with tag, US size 8 althought personally think it fits a US 6 better, and it can altered easily. Pls see the detail of the dress here, pls notice the dress is ivory in color, doesn't look as shinning as it in the vedio which was caused by flash. pls see the pic attach for actual color.
http://www.priscillaofboston.com/Designer-Bridal-Gowns-Reverie-Style-50951?&f5=REV

pls email me at [email protected] or contact me at 9108 3346 if you are interested. thanks
1758356.jpg

elainetan83

Shanna: u signed the love birds promotion? 2 singers? I was looking at the website and it said come back on Jan for promotion..

henges / yyiling: I am sept btb too. when is the date of F1 in 2012 i cant find from the webby. mine is 29 sept.

lync____

i remember there's a post abt rendezvous hotel? forgot who posted it.. what's the min and max # of tables for rendezvous hotel? the website doesn't state it, and I'm considering it as well. =)

mrspehsally

Hi Minmin,

thank you for the information. That is something new to have a band in a wedding
happy.gif

Hi Evelyn,

I am actually looking at Feb 2012, although no date confirmed but willing to take over some dinner package. Thank you for the list, I will check it out and contact the hotels. And check out the list of promotions.

Hi Samantha,

Thank you, I will check out Marriot. U post in FB that Peony Jade @ Keppel Club has so-so service, I will check out the reviews and if you have happen to have any links, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi Lync,
Rendezvous hotel looks good and convenient too.. I think I will check it out as well.

shannat

btw girls, anyone getting rings from Love n Co pls let me know, i hv a 1K deposit to let go at a disc price... been gg arnd to love n co to see but still nth catches my eye.... ZzzZzz~~

lisa2011

I need to choose a wedding dress for my friend sara.
these Wedding Dress ...
Which One Is More Beautiful ?.....http://goo.gl/FLvH3
which one do you like best ? ..
if you are going to marry ..
which dress would you choose ?
tell me what's your idea...thanks a lot.

shannat

elaine: yes its a good deal. but FYI,for amara hotel, we need to engage an external sound system.. cos they dont allow the live band to plug into their system n they basic sound system not gd enough.

shannat

henges: i dont think it would be $200 so cheap.. my band guy told me so far cheapest he came across is $350.. usually sound coys is arnd $500.. asked my husb to see he can source cheaper anot cos he seems to hv some lobangs or what..

henges

Shanna, let me know if you can source cheaper ones! hehehe.. I will try to verify with my friend how much exactly he paid when he called the ext pple in.

liquidzza

dear all,

do you think ITS WORTH to go for moomedia, since they are going to increase price by 20% in August!

The mooBridal Divine Experience
1 x Full day Studio and/or Outdoor Photography for wedding portraits
30 x pages of layout in suede album
1 x framed collage ( 24†x 12†)
1 x CD of selected High-res images ( 85 images )
$4 200

Actual Day PACKAGES
The Essential Moo Experience
1 x Photography service for full day (10 hours)
1 x Video service for full day
1 x DVD of the wedding summary (10 mins summary edit)
1 x Photo CD of the wedding (300 selected shots)
1 x Leather-bound Wedding Album ( 300 Slot-in)
$5 600

Less $1200 discount ($100 discount every month before wedding for Actual day package)

Express highlight $800

TOTAL $9400

yyiling

elaine, mine is at fullerton. there's still road access, so the guests can still come. not sure how the noise will be like though.

evelove87

Hi BTBs, I am a July'11 bride. Just done with my wedding last week! 1 and a half year of wedding preparation pays off even though it just for a day memory! Hehe! Well! Jia You to all brides to be! And do add me on Facebook! [email protected]

nixi018

hi all btbs,just wanna check for your wedding, are you all planning anything else besides the usual photo montage etc?

Just thinking how to spice up the whole event.. hope to hear your inputs.. Thanks!
happy.gif

smilem

I have completed my GDL and would like to let go.. 1) Wedding sticker (for doors / walls) 2) Wedding pocket mirror 3) Wedding red umbrella 4) Wedding bears (for car / deco table) 4) Wedding ring pillow 5) Shang Tou basket (put needles/ scissor and etc) 5) Red packet 7) Thank you cards 8) alpha sticker (for deco) 9) 6 pair brand new Wedding mini bears (for wedding pen / deco the APBox) If keen, email me at [email protected]

littlehamster

hihi.. just want to ask how you guys manage to finance an actual day wedding? what i know is banquet by credit card, then count angbao then pay back. anyone experience if angbao not enough cover? The rest needs alot cash for deposit n final payment right?

shannat

little hamster: usually deposit is abt 3-5K ba, depending on ur hotel. then the rest is paid in cash or CC when u check out. (some require u to pay on the night itself). some of the girls here r starting to pay off the bills by CC to earn points or rebate.
happy.gif
it would be best to set aside some $$$ jst in case ur banquet loses money n u need to top up...

oh ya i also heard some hotel want u to make partial payment or so 1 mth b4 the wedding i think.. not sure which ones... best to check with ur hotel how is the payment like.
happy.gif

chinzilla

liquidzza.. personally i think the prewed is overpriced. can easily get the same package with decent PGs at a same or lower price with pics all back. just my 2cts. but moomedia has really nice videos

heh for AD im setting aside the banquet cost in cash first. abit KS but i dun want to be short of cash. + ad still need to pay the barang barang balance for all the vendors

liquidzza

chinzilla, i just signed with moomedia, met them in june and price already adjusted in july. so i had to make a choice coz aug they increasing price again. andrew says they want to keep to 100 couples for next year so no choice but to raise their price coz they have too many "demand". now sunk in 10k for PG/vg liao and havent do my BS!

MM Vanda ballroom is giving me a headache nw. initially like their reception foyer n compromise with their low ceiling n short aisle ballroom, but now it seems like their flower decor is really lacking. not even providing flowers for reception table and guest table centrepiece. the ballroom looks plain at wedding show...=(

micmic

Hi gals. I got a question here. I'm going to have my PS in 2 months time. My hair used to highlighted with burgundy (dark red) and now is abit kind of brownish. Now i dunoe what to do with my hair. Whether to make it black or continue with my highlight. I dun wan to look too redish or yellowish on the photo.
sad.gif

shannat

michelle: u can colour it to a darker brown tone? so it will look naturally brown?? would look nicer to take pics with a bit of hair colour rather than black. :D

jellyfish1234

Hi Lync,

For Hotel Rendezvous, the min no is 18, max 24 (23 + 1). It's a T shape ballroom, with 1 pillar near the front.
As long as you don't hit the reserve table, the sales mgr saes no guest will be blocked by the pillar.
They will be finishing their renovations in Oct, so i think they'll then be more advanced in their outlook and decorations.

chocolatebasket

ladies...
our thread moving so much slower here.

anyways, how are you girls going to settle ur mum/sisters gowns for dinner?
You noe of anywhere that makes dresses at reasonable price?

binary

the thread here is indeed slow cos we are active in 2012 FB page.. haha.. join us there.. so much better to chat/share ideas there..