(2011) 2011 Brides

cherrypudding

@ happiness, i think i pass by that gdl shop at far east - is it call idream collection or something? i think at level 3/4? yea yea, i will also get those bedsheet, i think they do customisation where u can embroide ur names? nice shop, will go by again to have a look.
happy.gif

do u girls have a timeline on when to buy such stuff? or do ur see, like, buy and stock up first? i'm stil in shopping cum research mode so haven really get any accessories yet. haha

@ marian: thanks! hv u done any preparations? i love tulle gowns too, the only day to dress like a princess. :D

troides

Ladies, you are so on. My AD is less than 2 months away. I feel the wedding lethargy creeping up on me.. need to borrow some of your enthusiasm.

clintomania

cow cow: what program are u using to create your montage??

XChua: Chinatown also have a few shops selling wedding stuff.. there's 1 shop at People's Park Market where Christopher Lee bought his stuff for his own wedding... can't remember which level thou

this thread is beginning to get more active!
happy.gif

ahgirl_

smilem : is located @ 4th level, called IDear Collection.. =)
sunday they are open from 1-2 pm to 7.30pm
or u may to give a call if u are going down just in case they are not open for the day yet. Their tel no is 68357720

as for the katong shopping ctr, the name is call GOlden Happiness.. i think is located at B1 or level 1 if i can rem.. or u can check out their website @ www.goldenhappiness.com.sg

ahgirl_

X Chua: ya thats the shop le!! but if u are intending to place an order for the bedsheet u have to order fast cos i think they need 1-2 mths..

pinkglove

Vivi: im with moo too! when's ur AD? i dun mind sharing with u after my AD in june =) I so heart their videos too!

I've collected my photos, am planning to make a montage with e rest of the photos as well..

cherrypudding

ooh.. thanks everyone.. will check out the gdl shops where christopher lee went (i didnt even know that!!) and the amk central one.

by the way, for gdl items - are there any difference on what to buy btn dialect groups? if so, do we buy the bride side or the groom side? i.e. i'm hokkien but my fh is cantonese. should the gdl items be for my dialect group or his? someone pls enlighten.
happy.gif

@happiness: thanks, i will go check out. v keen to get bedsheet embroided with my fh and mine name. my ad's in oct 2011, very ks to buy now!! :D

qiuling

candy, oh sorry i said wrongly. It's RM433 so SGD is about $181. But i haven bought my bedsheet, bedroom slippers and pyjamas though. Any idea where I can buy nice and not so expensive bedroo slippers and pyjamas??

happiness, what is the price range for the customise bedsheet (King size) at Far East Plaza?

purplebottle, actually i went to the shop at AMK central to look at the GDL stuffs. Personally I find it a little ex. Maybe when compare to what I have bought from JB, it's quite ex. The same package(meaning the type of accessories like bath tub, potty and etc) I got from JB is RM198.

babymarian

X Chua, yup, i'm left with all the details of the wedding (layout, decoration, cake, gown fittings)...which i'm so lazy to do :p

Lish, we can do it! Jia you!! My AD is in January too
happy.gif
have you finished your preparations?

pocarisweat

pinkglove: my AD is 30th October .. tx for sharing! will u be doing pre-wed video? ... add me on fb? [email protected] ^_^p

Marian: ur AD is a few more mths! must be excited! You are ordering a wedding cake? cool!I told my htb i want to cut into a real wedding cake .. where will u b getting it from? i quite liked her designs .. cherylshuen www.thepatissier.com is also good. ..

babymarian

Vivi, hehehe...yup, getting kind excited to see everything fall into place
happy.gif

nope, i'm ordering cupcakes and different kinds of cakes/mousse :D i'm going to do a desert bar/buffet for the wedding
happy.gif
i'll probably try to get the cakes for the desert buffet from 1 caramel, macarons from sweetspot...
thank you so much for your recommendation
happy.gif
i'll go check her website out!

candycandy001

QiuLing> I saw very beautiful bedsheet at the JB wedding accessory shop tat I mentioned earlier but I find it too ex, RM450-RM600 (queen/king), but it includes 2 small pillows, large blanket, etc. Did you buy lamp? You bought from ideal collection ah? RM79.90?

qiuling

candy, ya actually in spore i also saw bedsheet around these price. I'm thinking if i should jus get those normal red colour bedsheet without the xi wording. I realised with the xi wordings on the bedsheet, the price can be so huge different. nope i didnt bought from ideal collection. i bought from holiday plaza. my lamp cose RM69.90. But ideal collection one is cheaper.

prisci11a

xchua, from what i know GDL is follow husband side, jia zhuang is follow bride side... but u may want to dicuss with both sets of parents to see what they plan to do....

pocarisweat

marian: saw on the spreadsheet you went tw for ur PS as well .. how was it? fun? do u hv a wedding blog to share? ^_^p I plan to do up a wedding blog but procratisnating .. hee ..

cowcow: my AD is 30th October ... still got time to prepare stuff .. unliked some of the brides here .. already preparing for gdl!

ahgirl_

X Chua: ooohh... urs case is similar to me.. im hokkien n my hubby is cantonese... =) i bot i set of GDL Items from IDear COllection which contains those simple items like tea set, lamp, fan, washing basin, etc etc.. ya becos of the names that can be embrio thats y we order it w/o any hesitation..
but ur AD is Oct, i think have enuff time for u to order, but u may order early just in case they stop production? (hee just kidding)

Chiu Lin.. i dun rem the price for king size bed but for Queen which i got it is $180 after dist.
So its pretty a good deal.. =) compared to SINTEX which costs like $300+++..

qiuling

happiness, OIC. ya that's definitely cheaper than SINTEX. can share the pic of your bedsheet set with me?? [email protected] thanks =)

Candy, the photos are in my hubby iPhone. Once i meet up with him and transfer to my comp, will share the the pic with you =)

purplebottle

chiu lin: yup i think the packages at the AMK central shop are quite expensive. I'll probably head down to chinatown to check out those shops before deciding
happy.gif

happiness: does iDear have a package for GDL as well or do you have to pick out the items on your own?

ahgirl_

chiu Lin & smilem: sure sure.. paiseh wasnt online last nite, tonite i go tk pic n i show it to u all.. =)
the quality is not that bad actually..
it has 2 uses..
just washed the cases of pillow n bolster... but not yet for the bedsheet n quit cover.. haha

s for the names, yes they can embrio but not applicable to chinese names.. there r a few colours to choose from, (blue, light blue, pink, hot pink, brown, n black if im not wrong)

purplenottle: hmm.. i dun thin they have package for GDL but their package which is already pack is for Dowry..

candy: for the lamp i bot the battery operated cos wun be gg back to home after my wedding banquet so as for safety precaution, use batt is better.. for the tea set is @ my parents home, will tk a pic this weekend and will posted up.. they have a few designs to choose from from IDear Collection.. =)

candycandy001

The wedding accessory shop I mentioned above got sell. But I hav no intend to buy so I didnt check out the price...

I also didnt go home directly on the AD night (will stay at hotel), I was thinking to place the lamp in the room ('xin fang') and ask my MIL to switch on for me, instead of hotel room, anyone doing this?

ahgirl_

candy: i tot it shd be on on the AD day n let it on till the batt finishes?
which shop u menetioned? sorry i din get the name of the shop

lish: ohhh is it.. unsure whether to get one anot.. otherwise i wun know how / where to place the oranges during GDL.. =)

candycandy001

happiness (ahgirl_) > 'Xi hun jia yong pin xuan'
73Jln Pahlawan 1, Tmn Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300
or
Tesco Bukit Indah, Lot F03 First floor, Mukim Pulai, 81200.

I n my family didnt particular on this, so I have no intention to buy. Shall see wat my mother-in-law will buy for GDL. I only prepare teaset, lamp n maybe bedsheet.

pinkglove

vivi: i've yet to start working on my montage.. I wanna photoshop the photos first but im an amateur at photoshop so i reckon gotta take a looooong time to photoshop..haha..

have u started on urs?

ahgirl_

candy: ooohh at bukit indah.. only went there once.. will see if i m gg in next mth =)
ya same s us as we are not too particular but than im thinking how to place the oranges only

candycandy001

happiness> I didnt check about orange thing. Ha^^, wait my MIL to do it, if she didnt do, no orange is ok for me... I m going to have trial makeup this sat, if got time, may go chinatown see see.

pocarisweat

pinkglove: Tried on the Windows Movie Maker but i kinda give up after a few photos. .. no patience .. luckily i still hv a few months to work on them ... or i will just pay e PG to do it ... haha ...

what a rainy wednesday .. zzzZ

ahgirl_

Candy: ohhh... Trail make up is fun..
happy.gif
chinatown has a lot to see see look look... I might pop by in few weeks time to get e xi stickers...

hi all,

Care to share where to purchase in reasonable price :-
1. Feather or bear bear kind ROM Pen
2. Certificate holder
3. red wine
4. body scrub and facial
5. Hair dye colour
6. march in wedding song - smething different than those old love song
7. loss more weight

care to shared.. I find that in singapore is very expensive....

babyten

Hi ladies,

Wedding items for sales:

1.Chomel feather hair piece
1578448.jpg

2.Ang Pao Boxes
Pink Butterfly
1578449.jpg

Matt Gold
1578450.jpg

1578451.jpg

3.Anna Nucci 3.5 inch shoes with new comforter and box
1578452.jpg

4. Balloons (Metalic Blue and Metalic White)
1578453.jpg

5. Wishing board
1578454.jpg

1578455.jpg

6. Ring Pillow
1578456.jpg

1578457.jpg

Email: [email protected], if you are keen. Cheers!