(2011) 2011 Brides

styleinyou

Gathering all 2011 BTB to chat & share information here
happy.gif

baby_luv

I have plans to have my AD on 08 Oct'11. Did anyone of you (2011 BTB) starts any preparation. I just went to look at proposal ring from Soo Kee.

asumi

Hi guys,

I'm already midst of preparation already. Most prob my wedding would be in 2011, exact date not fixed, depends on when can save enough money after we purchase our resale flat. Have gotten my proposal ring already, it's from lee hwa. I'm a lee hwa and tianpo member. Those who need my card for discount, can PM me
happy.gif

I've already signed up my bridal package from Whitelink. Been to more than 11 bridal shops, after much discussion, signed up with whitelink cos they've got nice service. Those who need comments on the bridal shop, i'll try to help around.

styleinyou

Hi gals,

My planning is to be on 11/11/2011 since we got together on 11/11/2007. It be meaningful if that is a good day. Got fren recommend a "Long Shifu". Have yet to arrange a date to see.

Bridal package - went to 2 bridal shows & yet to decide. May go JB to check the package out since got fren recommendation from Venus JB.

AD Dinner - attended the St. Regis wedding show last mth (not very fantanstic). May attend a few more down the pipeline. Think Shang will be a grand one in Sept'09.

Proposal Ring - Love & Co. got 1 unique heart-shaped crowning but still hope that he can save enough for my Larry.

Only thing we did - bought a new DBSS unit, completion date before May 2012.

Hope we all be able to share our experiences & lobangs
happy.gif
))

baby_luv

Actually thought i post the message yesterday but seems that i did not click on the final tab.

Feel that 8 Oct 2011 is so far away, actually wanted to get married earlier but need to save enough money!!

Is Venus JB good, i saw the alot of album from SG Bridal house and i really love it!

Anyone have any suggestion for AD dinner for around 20 - 25 tables?

No luck in the recent BTO either =(

goddesslolli

hi 2011 BTB! Anyone of you have booked your banquet already? Me and bf have started the search but most hotels are not open for booking yet. I'm worried the price for 2011 will soar. Sigh. Going for our taiwan pre wedding shoot next year. Im a kiasu BTB. haha!

pinkglove

Siy,
Which DBSS did you buy? I bought the Simei one. =)I also planning to get married in 2011. Either 11 or 20 of Nov. ;)

styleinyou

Hi Pinkglove,

Guess we have the same taste..
Same PL we got @ 167C.

Also, planning to be on 11 Nov.
Guess Singapore is really very small
happy.gif

Are you in the PL forum?

pinkglove

Hi Siy,
Me got 167B. We have stayed in the same area for 24 hrs while queuing for the place. hehe..
Another similar thing!! we're also thinkin of getting Larry cos my best fren got hers from there and it's really nice ;)
I dunno wat's PL forum leh..

styleinyou

Hi Pinkglove,

Nowadays all younger generation pple go into forum to chat for the progression on the new project.

You can either go to www.myhometown.sg to find under district 18 or you can go to PL private forum @ http://www.parc-lumiere.proboards.com/index.cgi

Can find many info. there, cos many neighbours all log in some even got poll if want to install air-con in living room or etc.

Both forum, we are in...Faster go create one
happy.gif

BTW, can you share your fren Larry? Lazare Diamond or normal GIA? Size & Price??

See you in PL forum soon
happy.gif

pinkglove

Hi Siy,
My fren got a Lazare, 0.62C ard $5.6k. I got a 5room and on the 7th floor. wat abt u? really lucky to be still able to get a unit at 424. ok, will go register there..tks for the info =)

baby_luv

I was thinking still 2 years from now. Do you think we need to start searching for Bridal or banquet now? Will it be too early?

styleinyou

I dont think so Michelle cos there's many plannings to do....if you are a fussy BTB then u got to make more preparations....

styleinyou

Hi Pinkglove, your fren is having wat colour?
Cos think the price really cheap...
i see D colour 0.71C ard 8-9K price range.

pinkglove

she got a F colour i think. ya, it was really cheap cos there was a 20% discount that time and we bargain a bit(i was with her bf choosing for her secretly). So i think it was really value for $$ and it's bet $5.6-$5.8k.
The ring looked quite big on her and sparkle very nicely.
Oh, 0.71C prob another jump in price? and D colour diamonds are significantly more pricely bah..

styleinyou

ya man i told my BF i only getting D at most E colour. Unless if getting Charlotte, them they mostly like to use I-J colour since the cutting is up to 103 then the colour is no longer obvious due to the sparkle.

oh then its bad cos i told my BF last night that you quoted me only @ 5.6K hahah and he told me he pass me the money & i go get it myself :p

size >= 0.5C & clarity is not very impt to me. But colour i feel can really see the difference so its critical to me...

Guess he need to work hardly thats all

pinkglove

hey, I asked my fren liao. It's confirmed $5.6k cos the inital price was ard $7k but got some discounts. But it's G colour lo. haha... ur bf really gotta work hard! but not very yellow la, i saw the diamond, not yellow by naked eye cos prob the lazare cut is very good. Also diamond prices always fluatuate yearly a bit leh so he should give u an even bigger buffer! hehe im still thinking whether I shld really get larry cos pricey.. or get private dealer's diamonds.

styleinyou

ya man i also thinkin of that pinkglove cos got some lobangs from my fren who knows the diamond distributor. Only think is that my BF cannot get any installments plan unlike those retail shop since its a direct purchase. Heard from the larry sales man, the price for diamond will keep going up as the supply is decreasing when DE BEERS declare closing of 1 mine.

My eyes very sharp thats the problem cos i can tell the colour at once esp. for bigger size diamond. I also teach my BF how to see, now he also expert
happy.gif
strategy :p

styleinyou

Anyone of you aware there's any bridal shows in JB?

Just show the thread on this but seems like tooo
late now as its over
sad.gif

Pls share if any is aware???

baby_luv

Never heard of anyone mentioning that there is bridal show in JB.

Do you think it will be troublesome if the we were to engage a JB bridal shop?

styleinyou

But i heard & seen very good feedbacks.
Venus JB - they actually got their studio backdrop to make as actual display so that we u take the pics, it looks like outdoor.

However, Singapore studio so far to my knowledge are all plain coloured back drops.

If you are driving then not too bad else its a bit troublesome also. Heard recently too many pple did that & during custom check they get u to pay 7% GST. Advice is not to take all your stuff 1 shot to avoid payment of 7% GST.

baby_luv

Morning all!!

Siy, i do agree with you. I am pretty amazed by the photo album and photoshots produced by SG Bridal House.

Those getting married in 2011, when do you think we should sign up with bridal studio?

styleinyou

perhaps mid of 2010? this is for those whose dates are on the end of 2011.
but for those early 2011 perhaps early 2010.
if hot dates, think might need earlier as to get preferred photographer + MUA.

styleinyou

so any ideas to slim down?
think most gals will have this topic from young till old :p

lets share some of these ideas here ...

styleinyou

i shall start first... ...

for me im very lazy type who dont exercise & if u ask me to eat those supplements to replace all three meals think u might as well kill me cos i love to eat esp. desserts
happy.gif

There is one medicine called Mediaxal. Eat one tablet whenever u eat Carbo. items eg. rice/noodle/bread. However, its not possible to get it OTC. Overseas, you can get it OTC.

One bottel = 30 tablets = abt $30/bottle

kemi

Hi

We are planning for 2011 but no dates yet maybe yr end. Have not start any preparations, should we start early? He hasnt propose yet, hope I wldnt be the typical "getting married coz of flat" bride :p

We also bought PL!! and there are reports saying it would be ready anytime from Mid 2011 to May 2012. We were advised by HDB to ROM before TOP else the keys wldnt be released to us. Appeal to get keys before ROM will be reviewed on case-by-case basis and will drag for weeks.

But we thinking of having solemnisation and customary on same day to save costs. As such may be in a fix if PL is ready early.

Any 2011 BTB thinking of having solemnisation and customary on same day?

pinkglove

Hi Kemi,
I thought we can always delay ROM, didn't know that we need to appeal to get the keys! I'm still waiting for the proposal, though buy house already. My bf said he wanted to propose first but didn't expect PL to be up so soon, so no choice lo..
I'm tinkin of havin solemisation n customary on same day,but now tat u mention about the ROM thing before TOP.. a bit troublesome liao..

sapphire05

HI all, Im new here too. Im thinking of having my AD in 2011 as well...
happy.gif

Have you all decided on any BS or wedding banquent venue?

sapphire05

Michelle & Siy - both of you need to slim down? To be how thin? The thinner the better?

But girls being girls.. definitely want to be thin and look nice in gown for the pics.

kemi

Hi pinkglove

Yes, troublesome indeed. That's what the HDB officer told us when we sign the S&P. She told us not to work towards May 2012 as it would be ready as early as a year ahead. She definitely mentioned having to write in if we cant fulfil the TOP criteria then.

Prob is no proposal, no dates. Very difficult to source for packages. I m plus-sized leh, need time to source the right BS that can fit me...so sad. Got almost 2 years to slim down, must work ultra hard :p

baby_luv

Pinkglove & Kemi - I am also thinking of having my solemisation and customary on same day. It's too troublesome to split it into 2 days.

Sapphire05 - I dun think i will even reach the "thin" stage..haha at least shed a few kg!!

Ann - Welcome!!!

styleinyou

I had been too busy lately in office thus no time to come in. Glad that there's so many updates & met 1 more PL gal...Welcome to PL.

ROM issue:-

1) No worries on the ROM thingy before TOP. Cos i had talked over with the officer & informed him that we had schedule to be in Nov 2011.

2) Trick my fren teach is inform them that u r those who need to see dates & due to the FengShui thingy, u cannot abid by the time HDB set. My GF fren drag 9mths for her BTO.

3) Prove them that your sincere as u had book your ROM date & dinner date etc. They be quite flexible thereafter cos they r juz afraid pple would mis-use the rulings.

Hope this info. helps
happy.gif

styleinyou

Hi Kemi,

Just curious which blk u stay? so surprise there are so many of us planning to be in 2011.
I thought im late, glad that now 3 of us in the same boat
happy.gif

Pinkglove,

Saw u in PL forum. Kemi, pls join us there also....

tan_ann

Hi All,
I have done my ROM this yr Mar... I oso get my flat at Yishun.. I have selected my BS and still searching wedding banquent venue

kemi

Hi Siy

I saw your link and had joined the forum.I am at 168A.
Kinda of relief to see your post about ROM, thanks!

sapphire05

Hi all,

Im planning to have mine in NOv 2011.. so think a little too early to plan for anything?

Seemed like alot of you are staying at the same place..
happy.gif

sapphire05

Hi Joanie, Im also worried that the prices will go sky high in 2011 and the hotels arent available for booking right now.

Which hotel are you keen in?