(2010/10) Oct 2010 BTB

thiasy

xinyue: It's a torture to write cards.. Was thinking on the day of distribution to my colleagues, i just bring down one stack and write in office on the spot.

hehe... ur wedding is this mth, so late then do GDL? when is ur GDL?

missybrooklynn

avatar>> ya, guestlists and table arr are my top hated list! same here, im not gng to get any replacement.
i've cmf guest of 480 as of now. and im not gng to add in any reserved tables. cos if they are ppl who play out, i will juz shift ppl over. :-/ now i left with those 1 empty seat for some tables, really dunno how..

happy106

12 bottles of Goldleaf red classic for sale

This is fruity red wine which is meant for easy drinking. It is a combination of three major grapes, Cabernet/Shiraz/Merlot providing a rich, smooth and strong flavored red wine. Smooth Mulberry flavors from the Merlot slowly convert into the stronger Cabernet and Shiraz characteristics.

* 1 full carton (12 bottles)
* 750ml each. 13.5% alcohol.
* $18 per bottle only. Total = $216.
* Arrange your own delivery

rabbib_82

Avatar ; corazon events quoted me already . but hubby says he wants to try his luck to find his fren or cousins to be emcees .. don't know when my hubby will let me go ahead ..

GDL on oct 6 ..

missybrooklynn

rabbib>> ya lor.. sigh, big families for both side so bo bian lor.
my mum went china town to buy the GDL things but the aunties there dun let her buy cos it's lunar 7th mth. so we gng to get it this fri. anyone's gng?
happy.gif

xinyue

avatar > my AD on 2/Oct. GDL on 16/Sept, date is given by geomancer.. Might be going down to chinatown to get those stuffs this Friday.

Intend to get gold from there too.. So need some recommendations on the credibility of the goldsmith there..

thiasy

Xin Yue: hehe... My GDL is just 2 days after you on 18 Sept. I nv buy gold from chinatown goldsmith before, so not too sure abt credibility.

Rabbi_82: how much did corazon quote you for the package?

reikoling

Hi Ladies... my GDL is on 28 sep... alot of things no need buy as future grandmother in law said no need...

btw you ladies mention buy gold, as in from mother or mother in law?

reikoling

Avatar82> dowry from mother no need before GDL buy can right? After GDL can? Or as long as dowry mother give on AD or An chuang that day need to bring over to FH side?

rabbib_82

COrazon quoted me $688... for the emcees.
how do u find the price??

I intend to buy the bedsheets this friday.
Might be going Chinatown to buy GDL stuff this friday though..

ANyone going Fu Yuan Xi Pu?? Or U guys be going Amanada??

ds_gerl

ladies, i'm back from BKK trip... super tiring but fruitful
happy.gif
also equals to poorer =P

twinkle> u can search under whole cakes and filter results by T. they hv lots of flavours and they r very nice
happy.gif
soft and moist...
it's better for u to write to them to let them kw u r going down to order the cakes... cos i think only the boss and his wife is able to handle this kind of order... the rest r just assistants...

speaking of the arrival time for MUA, i haven't cfm with my MUA wat time she shld rch my hse in the morning... think i better SMS her soon

missy> after we started to write the invites, we then realised that we hv abt 50+ tables liao
sad.gif
xiao liao, dunno hw to handle...

which chinatown shop did ur mum went to buy those GDL stuffs? i bought all 2 wkends ago at amanda dreamweaver, she din stop me leh... in fact, there also quite a few ppl there to buy GDL stuffs...

blueystar

my GDL's on 12 Sept... not much things ... but nd to buy bedsheet is it? cos keep seeing tt item appearing.... if so, I aso haven't get.. .

thiasy

Rabbi: They increase the price to $688 liao ah? hmm... i signed up last yr.. so the package only $500?

Blueystar: The bedsheet form part of the dowry.. and you can use it later for the An Chuan?

ds_gerl

J2010T> missy's hotel is at Concorde Hotel... i think can cater up to 50 odd tables...
mine is at Pan Pac's pacific ballroom... can also cater up to 50+ to 60 tables... but i dun wan so many tables... my max is only 45... but it seems impossible now
sad.gif

j2010t

DS_Gerl- u must think this way,some of them last min will not be coming. so u must be prepared.
So gd my resturant be can take 45 tables. I need even more. hopefully some are not coming. =x

missybrooklynn

DS>> share with us your loots ya? ;)
i oso started writing my invites for frds only.. i only invited 70 tables of frds lor. rest are my mum... zzz.
she din go amanda dreamweaver as it was closed on mon. the shop she went to was the one that she did her GDL 20+ yrs ago. LOL.. the auntie knows my granny and advised my mum not to buy during lunar 7th mth.

Bluey>> my GDL and yours same date. Haha..
I’ve got a quilt from Aussino as the blanket. As for the bedsht, my MIL got us on 460 TC from OG, but wat i understand is my mum has to get a set for us. So we will go see look again. Cakes is also been settled.. now we are left with those traditional stuffs, which we will be getting on fri since it’s a PH.

J2010T>> ya, i’m expecting some guests to fly aeroplane on the night itself.. hopefully not too many.

thiasy

Missy: Finally lunar 7th mth end liao. can resume preparation. Do update us of your food tasting and GDL stuff. hehehe...I'm only going for food tasting on 23 Sept. Still long way to go. hehehe...

thiasy

huh? alamak... i just went to change yesterday... it was 1.73.. faintz. u saw at where?

After some consideration, decided to buy a pink gucci bag. cos LV cosmic blossom no longer available. sadz...

ds_gerl

missy> my loots are still in luggage :p

btw are the bedsheets and pyjamas part of GDL stuffs? if yes, thn is given by groom or bride side?

j2010t

missy- try to cfm with ur guests few days or a week b4 whether are they coming anot. if they nt coming tell them to gif u a call. when do u nid to tell the hotel how many tables u having?

missybrooklynn

J2010T>> i think 1 week b4 need to inform my hotel le ah.
can't rem.. but other than closer frds, i've been askng for rsvp liao. esp for frds that need to work shift/weekends kind.

DS>> erm... i think you will keep ah. not veri sure oso. :p i check with my mum then tell you

missybrooklynn

J2010T>> paisei, dun get wat u mean by that...

DS>> we keep our pyjamas, but your mum must give your HTB his during the GDL.

bluey>> our GDL tom!! woohooo...

la_vie_en_rose

wah everyone busy with GDL.

anw missybrooklynn: you sold your WG online some time ago rite? did you let the person who buy try?me trying to sell my gown too.

missybrooklynn

Bluey>> mine ended ard 11ish.. Then we went ard to distribute cakes and invites to closer relatives.

Val>> yup, I let the person try b4 she cmf
happy.gif

Rabbi>> I haven't choose mine too. Gotta do it soon!!

DS>> oic.. My hubby is keeping his juz to wear on AD though.

rabbib_82

I am going nuts gals..
My hubby yet to ti qing..
FInally going to ti qing this Saturday.
But his mother and grandma says that his mother cannot come and ti qing..
have u gals ever heard before?

missybrooklynn

Rabbi>> is ti qing aka gdl?
I think they meant the same thing and yes, his mother no need to come. But they need to find a mei po to represent. This person will be coming on our AD too.

la_vie_en_rose

hmmm...ok so the person actually come your place to try...

i'm so tired...from writing invitations and gdl stuff. anyone got a complete list of GDL stuff? i feel very gan cheong and insecure leh...how?

missybrooklynn

val>> u can tell the shop that u have some of the items alrdy...
like us, we have some stuffs from HK (when we went long agooo) so we told the aunt we alrdy have them, she juz removed from the lists. =) chill babe, it will be ok..

rainbowgal23

hello! i bought the GDL stuff over the wkn at chinatown. =) will be collecting the printed inserts on this sat.. hehe.. more and more things settled.