(2010/10) Oct 2010 BTB

faithchong

H DS_Gerl,

It's nice to hear you book Coffee & Tea Dreamworks as well. They got a pre-wedding photo package promotion and a live video for morning gatecrash. I was tempted to sign on the day, heehee!

ds_gerl

bluey> sure no problem... thanks =)

xq> ooo.... i din kw they hv the live video for morning gatecrash.... dun see this in their website too...

missybrooklynn

gals... so long nv login cos im facing limited internet access from hm!! =_=

DS>> i got a gown from online.
i hope it will turn out good. will show u all when it's here.

xiu>> i only need AM vg, can u send me his contact?
if not convenience, can gimme thru fb
happy.gif
thanks.

xq>> i only confirmed my ROM dress. AD still long.
are u an oct 2010 btb too?
happy.gif
do share your details with us.

blueystar

Missy: did u buy it from some online spree??? is it from some tabao website links??? hee... please do show us ok??? if quality good, i may aso get

missybrooklynn

bluey>> yup, its from those tabao site..
i did my own measurement, veri scare will go wrong. also i changed a design of the current gown they have. not veri fanciful cos of the budget i limit to myself, haha.. its a mixed of black laces/bodices on white WG.

will show it all when its here. should be on late sept
happy.gif

missybrooklynn

DS>> yup, it's for my pre-wedding in bali.
actually i thought its too early to take PS but no choice, my FH is gng to oversea exercise for around 2 mths next yr. we dunno if we will have the time to do so when he is back. plus by then, need to settle quite a no of other things oso.

i got it thru an online spree. i think xiu mentioned abt it b4 too. http://jvbridal.blogspot.com iirc...
happy.gif

ds_gerl

missy> ahh... i rem this website... added them in fb too... think i saw they gg to start another spree today...

so that means u wun b taking ur PS by ur BS?

keropi_81

Hi gals,

Did u all went through the "Tong Shu" to select your dates for your AD? I wanted my AD to be in Oct...but i still waiting for the "Tong Shu"... cos heard from my shifu that the book will only be out in mid Sep....

missybrooklynn

DS>> i will still be doing in SG. so will still have my PS taken by my local BS.
Just that my FH likes beaches so we wanted to do in Bali. now im trying to find places that will look diff from SG. haaha.. cos scared all beaches look the same :p

Val>> the link is on my previous reply =)
the price of gown and freight is ard $315 cos i added 100cm train. if not is ard $200.

keropi>> most of us used bazi to determine our AD dates.
i think wait for tong shu a bit too late cos most places will be booked by then.

ds_gerl

missy> wow... so u will hv 2 albums with different atmosphere... =)

valerene> the correct link shld be http://jvbridalgowns.blogspot.com/

keropi> u dun hv to wait for tong shu... ur master shld be able to calculate base on both ur ba zi (8 characters)... it will be more accurate... cos tong shu dates r more for reference oni... the good dates in tong shu does not mean is gd for both of u....
btw, the tong shu for 2010 was ardy out a couple of mth ago... iirc...

missybrooklynn

DS>> yup. i hope the albums will turn out good.
the good thing abt the bali PG is i can take back all photos at no extra costs.
happy.gif
and i wont be taking photos in sentosa for local PS liao.

hopefully the IR is up by the time we wanna take PS and we can take there w/o any charges.

val>> yup, that is the link.
she is quite prompt and efficient. so not to worry. i will update u all when my gown is here **fingers crossed** if it is nice, i might consider getting an EG from them. cos the EG from my BS are rather limited and i thought of using the MTM to do a WG with super long train. haha..
happy.gif

as for the WG that i got, i might wear it during dinner reception or in the AM if it's really nice. hee... so hiao hor?

keropi>> yup, agree with DS.
tong shu are not that "personalised" for each couple.

ds_gerl

missy> it's norm for all brides to be hiao on their big day.... =)

i also wanna hv my ps taken at ir... heard 1 of them is opening in feb... hope i'm able to go there take a few shots in jan next yr....

missybrooklynn

DS>> i having sec thought abt going Bali for PS liao.
cos the more i see, the more i feel that the photos taken there look veri ermm.. old skool? i dunno if this is the right word. but good ones are veri exp. sigh..

ds_gerl

missy> i thot bali has got very nice beach sceneries?? or maybe it's the style of the PG??
hv u shortlisted any of them yet??

missybrooklynn

DS>> maybe its the location i chose. :x veri hard to describe oso. sigh..
will still go ahead but probably juz half day at the beaches. i like the beaches there. dun like the idea of shooting at the temple cos looks 'scary' to me :p

there are really good PG but veri exp. if i wanna shoot at villa/chapel, have to pay for the shoot oso. plus not cheap.

ds_gerl

missy> thn u shld focus more on beach shootings... maybe try to take some pics during sunset... shld be nice & romantic... =)

perhaps u got to tell the PG on wat u want & dun want...

pompompurin

missy > bali is very beautiful! Been there for holidays and i love it! if you wanna stay at kuta, try hard rock. it's really a very nice hotel. you will also be able to get nice shots within the hotel.
Ubud in bali is another fab place for photoshoots. you will be able to get an experience of their cultures and artistic atmosphere over there. it's in the mountains and the air is so much cooler.

xiu

Bluey> I have email David to enquire the price of the round with side diamonds ring @ 0.5 caret . Gosh the price for that ring is affordable and 'cheaper' as compared to other jewllery shop of the same specs. But actually,I have another design in mind and i show my hubby the enagement ring website. He seems to be amazed with the attractive price and the quality promised. Haha...but i have not fix apptment with David yet. But thanks for recommending
happy.gif

Missy> I have pass you the vg contact to ur facebook. They still have slot for ur date
happy.gif

So eager to see the gown u have order from Joanna's website. It should be nice. Muz wear and show us when u receive orh :p
Some ideas for your beach photoshoot: Maybe u wanna consider bringing some 'props' for the outdoor shoot, eg: 1)champagne and wine glass for a romantic pose amidst the sun set, with red rose petals surrounding u & ur hubby. 2) Flower petals throwing in the air (by pg's assistant)while u & hubby have a 'smooching' or lovey-dovey pose. Can visualise? Haha..juz some creative ideas which i feel that may be different from ordinary beach shoot. Agree with DS tat communication with PG is very impt. At least he can capture tat special moment and preference which you actually have in mind. So it will be good to look at other's couple beach photo to have more ideas too
happy.gif

missybrooklynn

DS>> ya. im thinking will juz concentrate on beaches.
will take some sample to show them wat i want.

pompom>> yup, i been there and love it too
happy.gif

ubud is too far le. wil stick to Nusa Dua instd.

xiu>> thanks!! rose petal maybe will take fake one there.
but champage will see how. haha
happy.gif

blueystar

xiu: hahahaha... yah u should meet him first den c whether he can do for u anot... .

nowadays, i think i go work = i go jail kinda of feeling... even though i have not yet been to prison.. . .

xiu

Bluey & Missy> Cheer up! Work is rather routine but for the sake of $$$, we must try to find some satisfaction out of it =p Since both of u are gg to overseas for photoshoot on Oct, take the opportuntity to relax & retreat too!

ds_gerl

ALL> anybody here interested in getting original nubra for ur ps/ad??

5pcs & above @ 10% discount, 10pcs & above @ 15% discount

i'm currently compiling the orders.... interested parties can PM or email me ur orders by 31aug

to chk out their products, u can either go to their website www.nubra.com.sg or visit their shop personally at sunshine plaza

missybrooklynn

DS> yup, he deducted USD50 for not having the album. haha..
but actually not alot hor? ermm.. see how ba.

when is your nubra coming? b4 oct 09, poss?
and hor is 1 person ordered 5pcs at 10% or total compiled order at 5pcs?

ds_gerl

missy> we r buying from sg... so not to worry abt the delivery... there's ardy a shop opened at sunshine plaza... been verified authentic one... heehee =P

it's group purchase... if we hit min. 5pcs orders, it will be less 10% for each items...

ds_gerl

missy> hahahaa.... u can go to their website... else if u free can drop by their shop...
but i guess u will take the silicone one... cos it's the 1 with most cleavage.... hahahaa

a lot of gals in 2010 thread r buying the silicone one...

missybrooklynn

DS>> u mean NuBra® Original Silicone @ $99 ah?
yup, thinking oso... at most i use tape to push up.
haha..

so email u my order ah? wanna PM on my fb for your addy? any format to follow?
happy.gif

ds_gerl

missy> hahahaa... that's the model way of having cleavage....

u can PM me here also can... if u getting the silicone, then give me the qty & size will do... and also ur real name... cos it will be self-collect @ the shop
happy.gif

ds_gerl

oh... and also when u need it... this is to prioritise to those who need it urgently juz in case the stocks r limited...

twinkleng

Hey girls!!

Long time no "see"!! been really busy with work lately. Ok i know i'm sua gu but what does the Nubra do other than push up?? isn't the nipple tape sufficient?

ds_gerl

eileen> wah…. really long time no “see” u log in leh….

the nipple tape is only to cover the nipple area such that it wun be “over exposed” when wearing those gowns with thin material… I dun think it has any push up effect…
whereas for the nubra, it’s actually a push up bra w/o the straps…. in fact it’s 2 bra cup size paddings with a little hook clip in front…

twinkleng

ahhhhh icic..

Blueystar & All> i called david seeing so many positive comments abt him. Eh its not really cheap leh.. i'm going to reset my engagement ring to diamond encrusted band and he quoted me $850 and above. Thats like $100 - $300 more than what i've been quoted.

1. Wah Gay Goldsmith (golden landmark hotel)- S$580
2. Simon (parkmall)- S$600
3. Wing something (Alexandra) - S$650
4. Some shop at chinatown - S$600

All these shops are recommended by friends (family jeweller..or they sent their rings there).

blueystar

DS_gerl: haix, i m just waiting to c when i burst my endurance level.... lol... i like my job but it's some things i am not happy abt... talk to u when we meet again.. ..

Eileen: hahaha, seems like u are jewellery expert cos got so many lobangs in this area... if u wan, u can feedback to him n c what he says abt the higher price, whether is it due to the quality or other factors... basically, i compare him with those like soo kee n leehua so find it cheaper cos those brands u r likely to pay their marketing costs. But if u r comparing him with those more like family biz type of jewellery or those neighbourhood jewellery shops, den i am not too sure but i think it's not surprising cos their biz r more of residential areas and are veterans in this line so mayb their pricings are more attractive (to fight against those SK,, LH as well). I guess how much u trust the jeweller,the chemistry and aftersales service is impt as well. I dun really dare anyhow buy diamonds cos i damn scare they will give me a lousy range without me realising... lol... ,my wild imagination.... since ur contacts r recommended, i guess shouldn't b a problem.. now we have more options should we need to get si dian jin.... thanks 4 sharing Eileen!!!

blueystar

Missy Brooklyn: we r on the same boat.... *sob sob* based on my style, i will have dump letter if i had not need $$$ for the wedding.. . well on a happier note, hope u settle on ur photographer liao.. i think it's quite exciting to take a local photographer cos my friend is a Burma-ese (Myanmar) and she went back to take wedding pixs n i think it's artistically done yet different from the local style here.

I just managed to buy my PS shoes n am pleased with my buy... cheap n good just in case i spoilt them during PS i aso not heartpain... But has anyone here tried Loe n Behold shoes? cos i am interested to know their price range for the AD

ds_gerl

bluey> work is like that de.... if not abt the job then is colleagues or perhaps the company's culture liao... sometimes really hv to "see open" abit... hahaha....
hee.... i'm also the kind "throw letter" style... but not when we have commitments like hse, AD, etc....
sad.gif

i also interested to go see loe & behold shoes.... but no chance (think need to make appt)... anyway i also bought my PS shoes from Anna Nucci.... nice nice... with bling bling somemore... heehee =P

missybrooklynn

gals>> me have confirmed my bali shoot le.
paid the deposit and signed the agreement. now waiting for them to get back on the confirmation
happy.gif

bluey>> i guess most of the BTBs are facing this prob like us.
cheer up, who knows a better job will fall from the sky. or best, $$$ falls.. haha!!

DS>> u got your shoes le ah?
im getting mine in Charm @ Jurong Point 2. hope still have it cos i seen it ard 2mths ago... will be buying after i get my pay cos POK liao..

ds_gerl

missy> yah lor... bot it think got 1mth+ le... kiasu hor... heehee =P
was thinking if i happen to see nice one then buy and keep 1st lor... else always when last min want to buy then cannot find one that i like...

i guess i kw this Charm shop @ JP u toking abt... always saw quite nice shoes whenever i pass by there... but din notice the shop's name...
wish u luck in getting ur ideal pair of shoes... else something even better
happy.gif

missybrooklynn

DS>> it's ok to be KS at times. hahah...
cos other than PS, u can wear the shoes for AD and other events as well...

yup, they sell quite alot of nice bridal shoes! cant wait to get mine soon..
happy.gif