(2009) Brides of year 2009

w33lp

aroh,
Wah, lucky you! I didn't get many angpows coz only went a few places. Very rushed CNY this year.

Don't be sad la, my auntie said as long as you still don't have children, can still get angpows next year. =p

For me, I was infuriated when I went to an auntie's place. She kept pestering us why we are not throwing banquet etc. Also commented that my HTB does not have qualification nor is he rich to marry me. Grrrrrrrr!!! No wonder her two daughters do not dare to bring their boyfriends home.

irritant

hahaha...i got more cos i went more places this year mar...have to go over to her relatives place to show how i look like...get approval and gain points...LOL...

can get ang bao next year or not depends on each family...some is as long as married dun have still must give...some...got kids then dun get...so hard to say de lar...

eh...abt wat ur aunty say...i cannot comment le lar...but lucky we both grads and got stable job...so still ok ba...eva's family also much richer than mine...lucky her parents dun mind...

princessxue

Tulips : I will be taking PS in May. Will be wearing wedding band for PS.

Ixoral : Mine is OTR too. My BS told me to choose the gowns 2 month before PS

sparkless

ixoral - won't u be wearing ur AD gown for PS? mine is MTM, but only meeting my designer in Mar.

i also think that is nice to include the wedding bands in the PS, but dunno in time or not. i guess july/ aug is the latest we have to take PS.

keenelee

hey ixoral, mind to send me again? i din see the pm in my email? mayb i accidentally deleted it...so sorry for the inconvenience ^_^

me0wz

yoz! Happy CNY to all!
Less than 3 months! haha.. time to start work aft the CNY break! Going for food tasting 2 weeks later.. now starting to dig for photos to do montage.. haha

dizonne

yaya..aroh veri cleva hor...
do u tink i shld get a cake for his colleagues since i picking him up from his off 2mr??
tot of getting cake from swenson for his colleagues then i can use e dry ice..haha..

ixoral

fanny: why not u pm me your email address. then i'll reply to that
happy.gif
maybe it went to your junk mail. ha

tulips: mine is jb bs. and they separate their gowns for PS and AD. AD ones are more elaborate so not suitable to bring out for PS. :p

w33lp

xiaokeai,
No need to get a cake for his colls la. It's weird if you let them eat w/o him right (since you're bringing him out). Btw, good luck for tomorrow!

Her daughters scared to bring bfs home. LOL. So she thought both her daughters are still single. =p

dizonne

then hw to get e dry ice???

mayb u can suan her la..sae i oso married le..when ur daughter's turn?? or is it because their 'tiao jian' toooo gd, nobody can match?? wait become spinster leh...

nxt time she sae again, juz tell her tat u r e one getting married, not her...if she's so free then she shld worry abt her daughters..haha...bt of course sae in a more tactful wae la...

cornygal

ixoral: mine is OTR leh..but i will be choosing now..so that i can book the gown..juz in case i cannot find any tat i like..still got time to look ard..

w33lp

xiaokeai,
LOL

Oh ya, you needed the dry ice for your own self baked cake... If really no alternative, then gotta get for his colls lor. They 'zhuan dao'. =p

noknok

xka.. why not change the cake to a butter cake.. hee.. then no need worry abt the coldness part le.. no cream less fat also :p

dizonne

tis year not baking miself...im buying e cake from jurong point...e icing room, then i do e icing myself..so need fridge lor..still tinking whether to hav candlelit dinner at the room balcony or to hav it else whe...

candyrock

thank you, wildwood!

i'll go check out youtube in a bit. i was trying to surf their webbie yesterday...but the page just couldn't be displayed.

livinginsg

Gong Xi Fa Cai! And Nian Nian You Yu! to everyone!!

YES, less than 3 months to go! Anyone having a case of pre wedding anxiety? Haha, i did..somehow i felt anxious about getting married, forming a family, makin decisions as a unit. etc etc..on the other hand, HTB is very steady and looking forward to the next phase of our lives. OMG, makes me wonder what is happening to me...!!

glympse

Hello everyone! Happy NIU year! ;)

Catz - haha am also starting to think of how to put together the montage. Trying to dig out childhood videos too, hopefully they are still usable :p

PK - haha i know what u mean. Quite concerned sometimes, not really at the thought of marriage itself, but at the leap into the future upon marriage (moving to a new place, no job, etc). But like my pastor told me yesterday, i've got nothing to lose now
happy.gif
so it's the best time to take advantage of whatever life throws at me right now! after all, it could be God's way of redirecting my paths
happy.gif
but yea, don't worry la, i think sometimes the intensity of wedding preparation is also a stress-inducer, and guys, being the happy-go-lucky ppl they are, don't really get the full impact hehehe
happy.gif

irritant

frustrated at work anything to do with thinking abt cake? hahahaha...quit lar...start our company...:p joking hor...

making mi hungry leh...tonight going outback for dinner...yummy...drooling already...

dizonne

outback??
whe's tat??

counting down to 5pm...then i can go hm n pack our bag...haha...

aroh,
i ask u hor...wld u like a surprise like tis?? i scare wait he dun like...

irritant

outback...australian resturant...

wat if i say i like but he dun like? or i dun like but he's trilled? cannot compare like that de lar...i think it's very sweet of u...i'm sure he will feel and be touched of the effort...but like it or not...u know him better...

it's like u bring a person who dun like theme park or gambling to genting...he will find boring...another guy will love it...u know wat he like so u can judge better...am i right?

dun worry...i'm sure he will enjoy watever u planned for him...drink plain water also feel it's sweet de lar...

dizonne

i got butterlflies in mi tummy nw...getting paranoid...scare tings dun go as i wish...u koe, last nite i didnt sleep at all coz too mani butterflies, cldnt zz at all...die...

oh no..i hav a feeling im going to be like tis on mi big dae oso..haha...

irritant

"hope for the best...plan for the worst..."

"the best laid plans dun survive first contact..."

2 phrases i believe in...but dun worry...i'm sure things will turn out fine...

just in case, do u have plan B?

dizonne

ay...nope..

all i tot of was to 'kidnap' him there, then check in, go for our massage, then wither candlelit dinner in e room balcony, or picnic by e beach, or bbq dinner at e hotel...

nxt dae will be sightseeing n shopping lor, if time permits...mayb go karting, go visit the temple there, go to the local shop, go nagoya, then eat seafood feast,..smting like tat la..

3rd day, go shopping, b4 going hm...

ay..do i need plan B??

w33lp

xiaokeai,
Whether it works out perfectly or not, I'm sure he will appreciate and be touched by your efforts. My plans for HTB birthday 2 years ago didn't go as planned but we still ended up spending a good and happy time.

So, ignore the butterflies and just do your best. Whether it succeed or not, don't let it get to you too much or else it will spoil your mood too. =)

irritant

see...with dinner in room, picnic at beach and bbq dinner u got plan C even...

as long as u dun plan till too rigid...it's usually quite safe...but u sure he can last minute take leave and run off with u?

elyse is right...dun worry n just enjoy it...i'm sure he will like wat u planned...it's the effort that counts more...it shows how impt he is to u to make u go thru all these planning...

noknok

you checked with him his workload already?? what if his boss dun allow him to take leave?? cos u showing up in his office leh.. a bit obvious that it's not 'urgent' matter

aroh - frustrated then come up with all sorts of stupid ideas loh.

w33lp

xiaokeai,
Not that I know or heard of. If there's anything, Spore gahmen will definitely issue travel advise. So don't worry.

Now I'm trying to think of something special for HTB birthday in March too. So happens that we chose the day before his birthday to go BS for gown picking. HAHA. Maybe extend and stay at a nice hotel in JB? Hmmmm...

dizonne

ay...tats e onli ting im concerned abt leh...

coz i koe his boss is awae...bt cming back 2mr...bt then, he's on leave on mon..so i guess shldnt b too diff for him to take leave 2mr afternoon rite...

aniwae, if i turn up at his office, in my beach gear, carrying 2 huge bags, dun tink his boss will be so heartless as to not to let him go rite??

mrswang

Happy Niu Year everyone!! 8 more mth to go... =)

I'm afraid of my back scar.. dont know how to get rid. *CRY* hopefully it will disapper b4 my AD.

dizonne

actuali i tot of faking in e morning tat i sprained mi leg in mi off n tat i need him to bring mi to the sinseh...and ask him to take leave for e afternoon..then i surprise him by popping at his off..haha

elyse,
u can hav a 'happening' nite at e hotel..get e staff to decor for u..then mayb u can dress up in slinky lingerie, and giv him a gd massage??

irritant

XKA, think the sprain idea better...at least u know for sure he can take leave...

wat if it's not his boss dun let him leave? u sure he dun have any meetings or stuff like that?

elyse i would love to give ideas from a guy's point of view...but sadly i cannot reveal my ideas in case i need them myself...hee...

was i frustrated with work when i came up with the boarding pass idea for nok....hhhmmm...cannot remember...

dizonne

aroh,
im trying to be optismistic here..PLSSSSSS dun dampen mi spirits...

i oso tot of tat..bt there's so mani tings i cant control...so beta not to tink...wait mi butterflies reproduce, n mi tummy explode n i die..haha...i siao liao...

alexaphy

me oso gg fitting in two wks time... hopefully can get OTR gown... wonder wil i find THE ONE gown...

maybe u gals can cut out fr bridal magazine. show BS wat type of gown u gals prefer...

my PS date is in end apr... nw think wan to separate to two days o nt... dunnoe izit a gd idea o nt??