(2009) Brides of year 2009

irritant

ok lar...sorry XKA...guys usually more practical and will think of "wat ifs"...dun mind me...

like i said...i'm sure he will appreciate wat u planned...aiya..that's the word i keep getting struck...APPRECIATE...

things beyond ur control dun think too much...

precious_11

XKA - im sure he will be very touched with the effort you put in... but wouldnt he suspect anything when you dun go to work? And also the first question i asked myself was u very sure he can take leave?? If he has meeting or anything then die die cannot leave - how?? Im a super worrier lah.. so will think of all the worst case scenarios...

Elyse - my colleague just came bk from a 1nite stay in one of the new hotels in JB.. saw the photos.. not bad.. she mentioned it was near Pelangi..so maybe you can consider lah..
happy.gif

My HTB's bdae also in March.. haven even think of anything yet.. :p

dizonne

cher,
he wun suspect aniting..coz mi off onli 10 mins from his hse...so he alwaes leave for work earlier than mi..ahaha....
ya lor..i oso concern abt e leave tingy..bt then, dun tinl too much la..haha...

going hm le...will post mi pics on mon when i come back....wish mi luck k...cya peepz...take care...

w33lp

xiaokeai,
His boss is those 'chin chai' kind or petty kind?

My HTB always complained that my massages very lousy. =p Plus, I've got no figure to wear sexy lingerie. Hehehe...

aroh,
Aiseh...

Cher,
What's the name of the hotel?

irritant

elyse, it's not the massage that matters...it's wat that follows...hahaha...just joking hor...

at least he gets massage...must complain liaoz...hahaha...

got figure to wear or not we dunno lar...never met u b4...but i'm sure it's not the lingerie that that will make ur HTB happy...(wat are u thinking?)...

...it's the effort that u planned something for him...

precious_11

Hi Elyse,

Its Grand Paragon Hotel.. she got a really gd deal.. apparently it was 1000+ ringgit for 1 nite for a suite.. and the internet rate was only half price.. so check it out ok?

superfamous

i am thinking of signing up with leonard drake! they're quite expensive though but i tried the ultra sensitive facial before & quite pleased with it.. they currently have a promo where you get a free neck & eye treatment worth (S$300) if you buy 3 sessions of any facials (min $150)..

anyone have reccs for places which do body scrubs? or back scrubs, massages? i would prefer to do facials and body stuff at the same place and leonard drake is quite expensive so holding back..

superfamous

mrswang, if its a superficial scar, like those brown/black marks left behind by pimples, can try to scrub more often. or try getting differin from the doc & apply on the spot only. my derm recommends differin to lighten blemishes and it has been quite effective

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

sean_ng

Hi all,

sean_ng

Hi all,

sean_ng

Hi all,

sean_ng

Hi all,

p00h

my WG is MTM, haven call for appt for fitting. Maybe these few weeks ba. I buy my wedding bands le, mar then collect.

sahdeau

hi gals...just wondering if u gals are planing to have a colour theme for ur weddings?
cause like my gf/ jiemei been asking me wat colour theme am i having..cause they want to go buy the same colour dress for my wedding..then i really headache..anyone has got any idea??

collette

Hi Everyone,

Anyone looking to lose weight?

I have an RF package from Body Wellness to let go. $400 per session for 15 sessions. Okay to buy one session to try first. Each RF session is about 45 mins.

Price is fixed. The RF machine used is the latest in terms of technology. I could see results after one session. The effect was even better after 24 hours.

If keen, do pm me or email me at [email protected]

Cheers!

cac

mashi: ya, this whole week seems like mrt is much emptier than usual.. haha

p1ngz: i have never did facial too. am also thinking of doing it.. but heard frm my friend, she ate 1-2 teaspoon of concentrate bird nest everyday & it helps on her complexion! *tempted*
another friend told me tat the meiji collagen is good.. now i dunno wat to choose.. don't wanna take up too much, cos i'm worried i might not keep up the habit after AD.. =p

verena

not superfamous> me thinking of going for regular scrubs for my back acne scars (more like brown spots). Does Differin work for back acne too?

hey all, anyone heard of the mattress brand Lotus before?

raine24

Album chasing session hasn't officially started cos my BS hasn't opened for business after the CNY break yet. will try next week!

Good news gals - I'm going to Greece and Turkey for my honeymoon!!!! It'll be in end May, start of June. thoroughly excited!!

3 more months to the wedding.. can't wait!!

Settled my flight bookings yesterday, plus my wedding favours and cupcakes for families.. a sigh of relief can find the time to do all these.. now just need to confirm more details...

lettingo

i am going to collect my photos on Monday
very scared now, scared it turn out not nice

i feel that my this year new year very weird. not very used to it.... hmmm

Hello gals happy new year !

Yeah I agreed we have less than 3 months before our wedding.Actually I am feeling panicky now since I am the earliest among all of you.

I have not done my montage, guest list and food tasting. And moreover February is only 28 days....
sad.gif

jennyd

hi all,
i'm also worried about my back problem, a lot of scars and small little pimples. i enquired a back scrub program from spa haven (i do my waxing there) and it seems pretty reasonable. u might wish to check it out too.

as for those who have not been to facial before, i think if all this while your face is ok, u don't have to start going now. 'cos once u start, u have to continue forever. i've been going since 18 and i find that once i stop, the face gets a lot of gunk, so i have to make it a monthly event. it gets really taxing on the purse.

birds nest really helps though. out of all my frens, those who take birds nest have glowing skin. no make up also can go out kind. really envy them. maybe i should just use my facial $ and invest into birds nest. hahaha...

superfamous

vt, i'm not sure if differin works for the back but i do use it on my face & it seems to work quite well, think back can afford to use stronger strength =P but seems more difficult to apply on the back, need someone to help!

jennyd, hows the spa haven program like? =) must start going for back scrubs & treatments if wanna wear bare back liao =P

how long do your friends take the birds nest? i used to take, finished up 2 big bottles of eu yan seng concentrated ones, but no glow leh =(

jennyd

hi not superfamous,

ok, spa haven has this Back Blitz package, but I can't really rbr the exact price (info at home). It's like 6 or 8 sessions for $300 or $400. I rbr per session is less than $100. They do scrub, mask and scar removal or something. Let me go back and find the info, then let u know.

my frens, they took for birds nest for years, and on a regular basis. i believe no matter what it is that we take (collagen/birds nest), we won't be able to see results in the short term. now i'm taking collagen from fancl but am in the first month. i think maybe in 4 months' time then i'll evaluate if my skin is better. then again, i'm doing facials, masks, using sk2 miracle water, i will not be able to tell exactly what works! really am very vain, hor? but for the wedding almost everything also will try.

mrswang

mashi~ is not deep scar.. my back sometimes will grow pimples.. not those small small kind is nt big oso la.. but will feel pain when touch lor. even if i nv squeeze ar.. i let it heal by itself but dunno y still got scar. so sad la.. later cant choose those bareback grow.=(

not superfamous~u mean scrub everyday? bioskin is doing those back treatment. tot of trying but i think the price sure exp de.

sahdeau~ i tot of asking my jiemei to wear gold but i'm afraid gold colour like very diffcult to get leh.. so still thinking what other colour lor.

lalaa_27

good mornin everyone!

wah XiaoKeAi is on her mission today ar... good luck to her!!

maybe next bday i bring my hubby for holiday too! quite freaky to think dat our next bdays we'll b married oredi! haha

by the way r u all plannin anythin for v day?

me0wz

i have arrange for food tasting on 15th Feb.. during the food tasting will settle things like invitations, wedding favours, wedding theme etc..

for the balance items i like plan till every weekend also got things need to settle.. haha..

verena

wow..u gals are indeed putting in lotsa effort to look the best this Oct..=) I've been doin regular facials since I can't rem when (maybe also ard 18 like jennyd) and only recently have upgraded my package to a treatment one...me more concerned about my blemished back...

raine24

thanks poohise!
happy.gif
We're so excited about Greece cos of its breathtakingly beautiful islands like Santorini, and of course Istanbul's exotic treats.

We've claimed krisflyer points to fly on SQ - into Athens and out of Istanbul - to save $$ (think $2K is quite a bit of $$!). We're getting a tour agent to plan the land tour for us, but are also looking out for land tours from various agents. However a lot of them will only have the itineraries out mid-Feb, in preparation for Natas. Not too worried as land tours are much easier to get than the limited krisflyer-claimed tix... even now we're waitlisted on the 29 May flight.. but confirmed on 1 June's.. coming back all confirmed for 13 June.

Hope we get 29 May's flight.. more days for us then! hehe.. keep your fingers crossed for me gals!

superfamous

oh, yes i am gonna have a colour theme for my wedding! =D my friends were bugging me for a theme right from the start so decided on a colour theme so that it's the easiest for everyone =)

are you guys gonna make your bridesmaids wear the same dress/fabric? my FH still cannot confirm how many xiong dis he will have, so i cannot decide how many jie meis to have.. plus i think it will be quite expensive to tailor made dresses for them (even if i just pay for tailor, or just the fabric alone, will add up to quite abit for a few of them?) so i'm thinking of just getting them to dress in similar colours & they can buy the dresses on their own. but my bridesmaids thinks its too messy & uncordinated =( plus, i dont see the point coz i'm not gonna have a church wedding, so no walk-in...

jennyd, that sounds quite reasonable! do post up info when you get back =) leonard drake charges $100+/back session :\ hehe for the wedding, i am taking quite abit of supplements too - fancls whitening, alpha lipoic acid, vit E, etc etc. feel like i have to down so many capusules in a night :\ i gave up on birds nest coz i didnt see any results after that 2 big bottles so decided not worth the effort. maybe if someone can make for me.. kekekkee

mrswang, i do scrub daily coz i find that's the best way to keep my back clean. scrub only at night with the T3 body scrub, day time i just use normal shower foam =) if u r afraid it might aggravate your skin, try scrubbing alternate days or every 3 days? or just scrub that spot only =P i did see bioskin have a promo $388 for 10 back sessions? maybe you can call them up to check & update us, that seems quite reasonable..

btw, for wrist corsages, do you all intend to use real or fake flowers?

jennyd

not superfamous,
i think leonard drake is really overpriced. my fren goes there for their facials and i had a shock when i heard the price she pays for an hour facial. i go to new york skin solution and while they're not as expensive. but my package finishing in feb so i'm going elsewhere 'cos can't stand their hardselling methods.

i'm also having a colour theme - red and black. i plan to buy materials and pay for half of the tailoring costs, while my jie mei pay for the other half. i made enquiries on the material costs - it's not too expensive. i plan to use duchess satin - only about $10/mtr. according to the seller, if making tube dresses, 1 mtr is enough per person. i have to confirm with the tailor on that though.

in any case, i think ultimately it should be your choice. if you don't want to spend the money on fabric and tailoring, then you shouldn't be pressured into it. you can discuss with your jie meis, tell them honestly that your budget does not cater to tailoring and see what they say. if they still want to go with the idea of tailoring, maybe they don't mind paying for it. you can buy the fabric, which won't amount to much.
happy.gif

i plan to use real flowers for corsages. then again might not be wrist corsages. maybe get them to put the flowers in their hair or pin on their dresses.

ecarg1310

i wonder when are my photos ready. All of you seem to have taken yours le...

But I don't want to chase my PGs for them. Want them to do a good job in editing and printing. Hee.

In such a dilemma... Hee

sun_tan

Afternoon ladies + 1 guy (lol),

First of all, HAPPY NIU YEAR!!!! So sian, totally no mood to work!! Luckily today is Friday! Looking fwd to weekend. Need to be a jie mei of a fren in Mar, so having a discussion tomolo. Would be my last time le..

Lalaa, our AD is shortly after my htb's birthday, so he would still be single when we celebrate for him. Mine would be after. So far no plans for V-Day leh. Its on a sat, so most prob my htb would be working
sad.gif
so it would be a quiet V-Day for me.

Me excited, going to my BS (for the 1st time) next sunday! Looking fwd to it.

w33lp

lalaa,
Ya, so far no plans for V Day... I almost forgot about it. =p

I think we (HTB and I) have fallen into the boring-old-couple category. =p

sun,
I'm going to be a jiemei next Monday and emcee next Wednesday and I haven't prepare!!!

Everyone,
Any good and creative ideas for bride fetching games?

lettingo

huh really???? u be meeting both of them later?
COOL!!!!
they came for my wedding that day..... and she was my jiemei, i knew her for 15 years....

cosyouaremygal

yah, actually they are coming to my place for the annual CNY gathering!! You can see them in the photos of my wedding taken by my friends. ha!

Junhui and I used to be in the same sch and together with a group of few others have been in touched since. =)

Small small world!