(2008) Brides of year 2008

baobei123

Hi Rommie

Tiong bahru area.. i thnk i know where somewhere at kim tian rd.. I am going to my colleague's hse later aft work for christmas celebration...

Hi Stay

i dont quite understand u have not devised a way to wash ur lingerie... juz hand wash and hang it out to dry or in kitchen...if u not ard then the maid can keep for u.. i dont see any difficulties cos I am staying wif PIL also until my flat is ready..

~sblbee~

hi nelle,
welcome back! wah, must really teach a trick or 2 frm u so dat my hubby will surrender his $ to me for my shopping....so envious of u to have such a nice mil....when r u gona organise another gathering? :p

koyoyo n fionachua,
gd luck, hope dat both of u will b successful in making a bb in korea....hehehe, i didnt succeed cos i was having my menses den n oso my plan was in 2011 :p

rommy

hi yvonne

Yup it is kinda of near kim tian road... keke

Stay: I understand what you mean...especially so for those sexy ones, rite??? That's one of the cons for staying with PIL coz don't wanna PIL to start wondering... yet you must be thankful that there is no other brother-in-law around... will be more pai sey.

annabella

Hi Mrs Chiew,
I'm good. Count down to X'mas, then to honeymoon.

My ID is Visual ID, I dun think they have a website, their office is located behind Kovan melody. PM me if you interested to have their contact.

nelle

hi Mei! *hug hug kiss kiss* hahahaha.....
You wait long long ah, if your husband knows his $ goes to your shopping, you will not get any $ from him liao. Use the $ for both parties' enjoyment first... then hehe, you can start using on youself ONLY...hahahhaha.... :p

I am mostly free on any weekday evenings after 22 Dec. But I think year end may be a busy period for some. Let's see, girls, how about 15 or 16 Jan 2009?

keer13

Hi ladies, I'm back.. My wedding is finally over.. Just back from my honeymoon from Koh Samui.. It's has been really a hectic week prior to my wedding.. Finally, now can unwind.. Good luck to all of you.. N, congrats to all once again..

pinky81

HI Blanqq, wow! IT is rare to cover banquet cost and you actually have 10K in excess from your banquet! Lucky girl!

STAY (stay): I am in the same current situation as you minus the maid. I have not devise a plan to clear my lingerie too! Feel that hogging the washing machine at night, spin dry and then dry in my toilet. I have never left my laundry left around for more than 2 days and now I have accumulate my worn clothes enough to use the washing machine.

eunicet

iciclediamond: Helloooo!! You're back! Hope you're doing ok since the last time I saw you and you finally settled your guest list...Haha!
happy.gif
Anyway, Bridal Elegance has a special offer of $600 for their VG. Go check out their website www.bridalelegance.com.sg

I know your AD is just a day after mine so you should check if they're free asap!
happy.gif

lilacbliss07

hey gals im back.. sorry long time din log... keke.. got miss me bo.. LOL...

when gathering?? im fine with any dates.. will update my attendance in the excel file..

stay & pinky81.. me too.. my MIL dun allow me wash the lingerie using the washing machine.. so i bought a mini washing machine myself and used it to wash my lingerie.. so much convenient now.. u 2 can go buy also..

usual price is $200+ each.. i got lobang selling at $100 each.. do let me know if any of you want.. keke...

lilacbliss07

i also waiting for my new hse.. only ready 2010 or 2011.. so during these time can save money and prepare for reno.. but mine is DBSS so only need to do minor reno.. den buy furnitures le..

hubby and i very kiasu.. even though we have not got our flat yet. but we started buying some furnitures and home related stuffs... coz the companies can keep for us till we get our new hse.. so nice of them...

but there's a risk.. they might close down then or the furnitures might not match the decor.. so we must choose wisely and buy from reputable companies..

so by the time we got our new hse.. we dun feel the pinch of buying all the tins at once.. at least buy abit here and there.. slowly walk see and choose.. keke...

~sblbee~

nelle,
*hugs n kisses too* do have a gd xmas n new yr break...guz most gals here r busy preparing for their wedding as most of them r end of dec btbs
happy.gif

hehehe, yah lor, i think he'll faint n suffer frm a weak heart if i continue to shop like dat....i'll try to control :p
i think it shd b ok for me for d proposed dates in jan....let's see wat d rest of d gals say cos some of them may b away for their honeymoon
happy.gif

msclaire

Wanna learn from those in Mrs club already. What did you make your hubbys do at gate crashing? What did you give them for suan tian ku la? 1 more week!!

rommy

Jane, welcome back... so long din hear from you.

Agree that you can start to see see look see and decide on the theme for your house if you have not decided this should be make shopping for the things you and Keith wanted easier too.

My photographer sent my AD photo album, softcopies and video to my place on friday around 6 pm.
happy.gif

~sblbee~

msclaire,
apart frm d suan tian ku la, my jiemeis made him say 1 love u in 10 different languages n made him write down 10 things he love abt me....finally signed off wif a wedding contract written by me....cannot do anything too physical cos he injured his leg 1 week b4 d wedding
sad.gif

suan = lemon + lime dip wif potato chip
tian = 1 tablespoon of honey
ku = bitter herbal tea wif bittergourd slices frm small bittergourd (v bitter)
la = taiwanese sausage (hard to chew n swallow)in hotdog bun wif wasabi n tabasco sauce
considered v mild alrdy wor :p

pinky81

Jane (lilacbliss07) & rommie (rommy): Lucky you! Can get your photographs that early. I need to wait till nest year Jan then I will be able to see mine. sobz!

Jane (lilacbliss07): Do you have a picture of your washing machine? RIght now, I am trying hard to accumulate clothes over the days so that I can have a bigger load for the machine. As for Lingerie, I put them in netted bags and once the laundry is done, I will take the lingerie out first and hang them in my toilet. It's best doing the job when she goes out.

To all: I wanted to update the excel sheet but the dummy me just do not know how to update it. Can anyone guide me?

stay

hi yvonne (baobei123), like what rommie (rommy) said, its the sexy ones which are not to conv. the thing is my hubby has no sisters so im sure they are not used to seeing women's lingerie lying around. when my SILs were staying temp at my current place, they used to bring home or hide in their room to dry. I hate non-sunned laundry coz usually has a smell so until i devised a way to maybe hide in the garden, i have to bring back to my mum's place. that is a real headache for me! haizz....

Jane (lilacbliss07) : ur MIL dun allow u to use washing machine but its ok for u to dry in the kitchen? i dun think they will say much just that i feel shy letting others see.... haaha!

lucky rommie (rommy) & Jane (lilacbliss07) to have received ur videos! i only got my soft copies....

pinky81 (pinky81) : what i did was to open the latest excel, save on my hard disk, make changes then use the "Upload Attachment" function to save the revised excel. if u still cant do it, let me know ur preferences and i'll add onto the excel for u.
happy.gif

waxie24

ivy> u so miss me ar?? haha.. bo bian.. got company dinner (already confirm attendance there liao)

lamb> enjoy your honeymoon.. i still not yet plan mine~..

sylmc

eunice - feeling excited about your coming AD??!!

smokeyeyes - you gonna enjoy the quiet dinner, I'm sure! Hubby and I took a walk around the garden after our lunch reception and it was great! Very serene and felt most relieved that the wedding is finally over.

koyoyo

hihi
Nelle envy envy.. i told hb about u .. And he say ask me dun talk to u bad influence haha
Meiling,
I thought ur hb is 24-7 love you .. i am sure if u ask he will be glad to give u $$$ no need envy but nelle right.. spend $ on both enjoyment first
Gers,
Cant make it on 15 and 16th gog to be JMs haha wonder how it feel be JMs after i become MRs...who is bringing photos on the gathering???

baobei123

Hi Stay

then i understand there is a problem...

For Jane mayb her MIL dont like girl lingerie wash together wif guy clothes in washing machine.. my MIL dont like..

my case although I dont face the problem wif stay but my MIL hand wash all the clothes.. and my PIL hse quite crowded even now only my hubby, me and my PIL staying togther.

but still I face problem when i wash my clothes.
no place to hang. sound weird cos only 4 people??? where go so difficult let me explain..

cos my SIL stay 9th floor same blk wif my PIL so she will wash her clothes here occasionally as my MIL helped her to take care of 3 kids.. so not only her clothes but also her 3 kids clothes...

haiz also I where got so hard working hand wash my clothes everyday i am the only one using washing machine there

~sblbee~

koyoyo,
heheheh...yah my hubby really dotes on me, really can feel d love as he always give d best stuff to me n shell d prawns n crabs for me....felt so lucky :p
yup, must spend on both enjoyment 1st....thinking of having a short getaway to relax....he wana buy a nintendo wii but may postpone it to later when we have our own place :p

eunicet

Jol: Whew!! Last few days!!! And it's all quite hectic!!! Especially table arrangements. Sigh. People keep backing out at the last minute!! But oh wells...That's the way it is I guess...I hope I won't be bogged down by all of the technicalities and will enjoy the process!! My friends are organising a hen party for me tmr. Haha.

lilacbliss07

pinky81.. wow how come so long den take?? ya i have the pic of the mini washing machine.. the functions are:

Scense Mini Washing Machine comes with an added ozone disinfecting ability to get rid of impurities effectively, it is also equipped to clean gently and thoroughly which provides as an alternative way to do hand wash for women's feminine wear and baby clothes. This mini washing machine appeals to the women and mothers-to-be markets where feminity rules.

Other functions:

COMPACT SIZE
The washing machine's compact size has a water volume of 9 litres that enables a washing capacity of 1kg.

GENTLE WASHING
Scense has a washing speed of only 220 rpm that makes it extremely useful for gentle washing on delicate materials.

NARROW TOP
The narrow top of washing tub prevents water from spilling during washing and wringing.

COST SAVING
Scense Mini Washing Machine can save a lot of your time and money spent on hand washing of your clothes.

OZONE DISINFECTING ABILITY
A feature that kills the bacteria 600 times faster than a normal detergent, and also helps remove hidden impurities and odors.
875473.jpg

lilacbliss07

stay & yvonne.. ya i can hang them in the kitchen.. only cant washed them in the washing machine.. not only cannot wash with guy clothes.. but wash together with my clothes also cant.. so i buy this mini washing machine to wash lor.. keke.. easier le coz i dun have the habit of hand washing them..

vivaliciousviv

!! ~~all gals...
<font color="aa00aa">it's been a pretty lOng time we are here actively to chat &amp; bitch sial...been aLL bz bb-making?! Haa...any fruit as yet?</font>

<font color="0000ff">was pretty tie up w work and stuff...kinda made decision to tender soon in early part of the year, the stress &amp; shit i m facing daily and even on Off days really driving me nuts...feel like tryin what i always wanted But was detested by my hubby, i felt i need to let him know, y i wanted tat so badLy...i hope &amp; seeks his understanding...keepin my fingers crossed. I also thinking hw to put the message across to my superior when i gg to tender resignation as ...kinda difficult to get pple now..haa...
new year reso ...i wish i wish...all will b smooth sailing and whtever i wanted..etc will come true for me...</font>

<font color="119911">my hammies are growing fast! Here's some pix lo...showing their progress..Haa, born 1st Dec 2008.. Haa...time flies..</font>

** 1st dec 2008 **

875625.jpg

** 1 week few days Old **

875626.jpg

** 2 weeks few days old **

875627.jpg

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">** HereBy wishing all a MERRY Xmas and great New year aHead!! **</font></font>

jo_vin

Yeah!! So happy to see our thread so active again! So what's all this about the washing machine? All talking about houses, reno, staying w PIL.. Haiz.. cannot join in, cos my life is still the same. Still staying with my parents cos hubby still in Macau. Boring...

Jane!! U're finally back!! Have been calling out for u for so many times lor! Whr u went?? Din c u online also.. U collecting ur photos &amp; videos? Congrats! I havent collect mine. Think not so soon ba.

jolene428

wooo!! i missed a few days over weekend and i need to use 15min to read this thread!!!

so happy the thread is alive again!! guess everyone is back frm honeymoon :D Yeahhh!!!

Jo_vin u leaving for Macau soon liao rite? pity u cant join me on 26dec! Who is free to join my yr end party on 26dec??? Bring ur single frens along for networking :D

jolene428

so happy to see so many replies!!!

actually its good that we continue the thread coz marriage is not just abt wedding.. there is so much more tt each of us need support like the loan issues and renvoation ideas... and even staying together with inlaws and laundry washing! Hahaha... i believe there may be some of us with answers for the rest of us :D

jolene428

keke.. jane, aiyoh.. i think u better handwash ur lingerie.... coz bra cannot use washing machine... the cotton inside will shrink lor!!!

I initiately didnt knw where to hang my lingeries oso and worse we dont have the master bedroom to ourselves.. since the toilet in the kitchen is always wet and with a huge washing machine (coz 7 pax staying in the same hse, including us)so my grandma inlaw and two SILs will bath in the master bedroom toilet (we using the master bedroom nw) (which face the same direction as our bedroom door with the living room.. dont knw if u get wat i mean).

At first was soooooo uncomfy coz dont wan get caught kissing in the bedroom when ppl walk in... then we decided to put a curtain to separate the narrow corridor frm the living room thr our bedroom door to the master bedroom toilet... so we can do watever we want hahaha...

then nw i just handwash my lingeries when i bath and hang in toilet lor.. by morning they will be dry and then i can keep ^^

jolene428

i oso have no problem with the food my GIL and MIL cook, other than too oily and too little vegetables.. haha coz i m trained to eat anything my mummy cooks frm young :p or else i will kena slap :p haaaaa... coz we were poor when we were young so dont have many food options too :p

but then hor, nw we have an issue with the grandson topic. Last wkend, my HB's cousin (the one married in sept 08) came to announce his wife's pregnancy to my GIL. Then my GIL was like hint hint and said gd hor they have baby immediately after honeymoon.. duhz..

so i had a chat w my PILs yest and told them its my HB doesnt want to have kids so soon :p hehe...which is true lah coz of his masters and all. Coz he wasnt hm till late yest so only til tis morning then i told him abt wat i chatted with my PILs.. then he said maybe can have kids before cow yr end 0___0 coz he wan jan baby - aquarius same as him. So funi lor!!! Change his plan to get an aquarius baby! Where got so zun? 0__0

lsntyl

Ivy>dinner should be confirmed bah. Rach, strawclare and I will be there. Donno who else going as all supposed to be smsing rach, I think.
happy.gif

baobei123

Jane

How come wash in washing machine wif ur own clothes also cant.. its is ur own stuff ma..

Jolene

Bra can put in washing machine with laundry bag shd be ok.

u r right..
marriage not only abit wedding.. and etc etc u mention.. sometime I might go haywire cos staying wif PIL. lifestyle so diff fr my parent.

hv kids ai yo.. elderly really like to push.. for me I seen my friend giving birth as early as 17
now 3 kids no life one.. so better go enjoy and do wat u really like then commit to kids for those really love kids alot and want kids of cos no issue...

talk abt baby my PIL really very interested and can see... but too bad i plan and only want to give birth only yr 2011...

Hi Jo Vin

yap respond is gd.. looking forward!!!

jolene428

hahaha... ya lor, elderly all want grandchildren one.. my GIL even more happy coz she not feeling well lately mah, so the news for the great grandchild comes at the right time. Whats more the cousin is consider the oldest male in the family somemore...

my mummy so funi.. she said wait lose to ppl lahh coz my HB is currently the preferred grandson in the family mah. If someone else bore them the great grandson first then maybe we no longer the preferred couple :p haha... as if its some HK drama leh...

ohh.. i never machine wash my bra before :p hahaa my mummy oso the type who said bra cannot use washing machine wash.. even if its only my clothes coz she said once female lingerie touched the common use washing machine then the guys later wash their clothes there will b suay... i rather believe in it than not :p my mummy doesnt even allow me to use my father and brother towels lor.. so we always have two sets of towels last time...

keke maybe i m a bit lucky coz my and my HB together for almost 9yrs liao so kinda of v used to his family liao. And best thg is, my HB has alot of say at home (coz main breadwinner)so his parents wont dare to nag at him too much OR else he will suan them 0___0 coz the living room and their bedrooms all look like warehouse so they better dont interfere with his room unless they had taken care of theirs :p

ezvy

YL> Actually Rach ask me to contact you as she will be there around 7pm, she sms me ur number liao.....so meet up at plaza Sing swensen at 6.30pm...I will call you when I reach, might be a bit late..see you!

lynnqi

Just added myself to the attendance list
happy.gif

I last time stay at PIL place also had headache on washing my clothes and lingerie. Everything had to be handwashed cos they dont have a washing machine. In the end i chose to wash lingerie on sunday (cos they will not be at home) and pray for sun to dry them fast, hehe)

Jolene: lucky hub not 'pandang'so i throw everything into our washing machine and wash together. hehee. And i am a lazy bum too. hehee

Yvonne: At first i wanted to have a kid before i reach next year. But I am happy with life now and not sure if we are now ready for a kid. See how things go bah.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

Attendance-872299.xls (24.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

baobei123

Jolene

before my da shao preg in last yr dec before my wedding. dont know gal or boy then my MIL told ppl nvm wat gender as long as mother and baby safe ok..

last mth just few hrs aft my GDL my MIL told me to give luck to my hubby... give birth to a male.. i so angry!!!! tat time.. now my da shao last sept juz give birth to boy..dont know if they will compare....

then his 1st sis 1 week aft my wedding ask me work hard and she help to take care i say i dont now.. then she juz ask y... and when an chuan ask me wan to get boy to jump bed anot to get bb boy!!! so say very zun...

atleast his 2nd sis ok say zao sheng gui zi.. is like faster hv kids nv specific the gender.. i still can accept...

pinky81

Hi Jane (lilacbliss07): I saw this before in citylink many years ago! But I could not find it anywhere. Is it an automatic washing machine? From wash, rinse, spin dry?

I am thinking if I should have one in the master bedroom toilet as the toilet is rather small. Like you mention, SGD100 is a good deal.

yvonne (baobei123): Hugz... Don't be so stress on the gender k? Anybody with the right mind (and educated) would know that gender of the child could not be determined. So take it easy and just treat them as talking rubbish ba and dun forget to give them your award winning smile! That will make them go crazy.

TanLee (tanlee): Lucky you! I came from such family too where all the clothes (be it men's or ladies) are dumped into the washing machine. However, I do digress when I dished out my brother's socks from the machine.

This MIL of mine does not stop at mixing man's and woman's clothes. She also believes that woman's pants/shorts/capris are not supposed to be hung in the kitchen area for the fear that man will get bad luck if walked under. Hence, I have to separate mine and hang them in the toilet. So much for such silly conservative rule to degrade woman.

Jolene^^ (jolene428): Contray to yours, it seems that my very own mother is waiting impatiently for a grandchild. =/ Lots of hints from her when I met her. Btw.. when you put your curtain to divide the corridor, arent you afraid that noise will travel out easily? Or maybe someone peeped in? I always close the door when me and my hubby go to bed but I still feel I need to seal the gaps in between the floor and the door to improve sound proof and peeping possiblity. I just feel insecure.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

Attendance-872299-876243.xls (24.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>