(2008) Brides of year 2008

cfay

Dear ladies,

Can you ladies share with me where to get nice lamps for GDL? Also does anyone here have any ideas where to get nice dressing table? i had been looking around at Nova and Ikea, don't really find anything i like.
sad.gif

dodolet

lyntyl: okie I will check ur multiply... Actually I like pine garden type of cake with fresh cream and such.. Anyway how many boxes did you return back to the groom side...

Flora, your bs and gdl stuff settled liao?

Fiona, show us ur corsages that you have ordered horr.. ^^

stay

HappyMrsKoh: do share ur experience with nails bar! all the best to ur wedding next wk! i know its hard but try not to be nervous and relax on ur big day! then u will look prettier!
happy.gif

xiaokai

less than a mth, at last i feel abit nervous especially after jolene Big day.
hmmm.. this coming sunday will be collecting my album book and ect... and also to chose my hubby suit.. this skinny man is too thin, i should get a suit that make him look at least another 5 kg more.sad to let u all know i more to the meat meat type.. so when i stand with him, i automatic become a fat and short girl!

jolene428

wow!! HappyMrsKoh, u are fast wor!!!

keke remember to say recommended by Jolene, that bride who came to do her 3D nailart (with the white and purplish flowers) on 1 nov 08 with two other frens!!!

hee!!! thanks thanks and congrats to u too!!! dont worry, everythg will be fine on the day ^^

its really a nice place, Stay, u shld go and see see and do ur nails... everyday i look at my nails i still so happy :D somemore the pricing is good lor!

xiaokai u wan to go before ur wedding, i can go with u ^^

yaya Stay, i also think the package is good wor!!! ehhh hw come xmas season u cannot travel??

ehhh... sense of loss ah? hmmmmm act. till now i stil feel very happy over my wedding ^^ heehee... and of coz as life gets back to normal u will miss those busy days
happy.gif
But then i gg to transfer tt feeling to plan for more of my frens wedding!!! My HB and me so grateful to our close frens who helped us so much tt we vowed to help make theirs a dream wedding too!!! heehee...

u all shld get ur HB involved coz he will get so addicted to the shiok feeling of organising a successful event and want to do more events organising in future!!! haha, like my HB, he told me he finally understand why i always like to organise coz even tho its so busy and stressful, the feeling is SOOOOO shiok ah!!! heehee...

we can wait to plan our frens' wedding!!!

i already got two bombs for next yr ^^

fionachua83

Gals, i order my cakes at Chong pang near the famous nasi lemak. There also lend u the 2 big basket when u order from them, i buy the long feng candles and the red tray there too.

Sotonglet, this is the corsage that i order.
817464.jpg

jolene428

xiaokai: u where got fat and short?!! Just that ur HB tall and thin only mah
happy.gif
haha unlike my HB short and stout (only 1.7m) de :p keke...

dun nervous
happy.gif
maintain ur coolness as always k?!! need my help in anythg must tell me k?!! i will fly over to ur hse in no time~!!! ur GDL next wkend hor?

i cant find the pens i used for the reception liao.. thk as expected, duno disappear where le... u want me to make new ones for u? tell me wat colours u wan and i make for u ^^

keke..u wan ur HB look bigger ahhh... ehhhh... choose a 1 size bigger suit
happy.gif
I oso did the same for my HB coz my HB actually can wear S suit lor!!! wah lau..his waist only 29inch and kena laff by the bridal studio said hw come he slimmer than women LOLZ... end up the pants he wore S and the suit we got him an M so that he doesnt look too thin
happy.gif

ohhhh..i wana see ur album!!! will u upload it in ur facebook? or can i fly to ur hse to see??

jolene428

i agree with Stay lor!

Must always maintain a happy mood then can be a pretty bride!! drink birdnest (small bottle) everyday and use masks once every 2 days.. drink lotsa water and eat fruits... and stay happy!!!!!!!

Thanks gals for the march-in songs! I will just choose my one from your given list hehe. I'm overloaded with work, so didnt do much for wedding. I only asked mum and FH to start informing relatives verbally lor.

Rach,
I already tested out the "goods" before accepting the proposal because it's diffcult to "refund" later! We gave our first time to each other hehe.

How about your private bedtime life? So far so good? *wink*

popeye_gal

luckiechako,
Same Date.. So gua cheong liao..

jolene,
did't you go rd the building(fareast) and compare the pricing? i also thinking of going there to do ne.. but can't decide on which shop to go... add me in the multiply ne.. ID: brendaxia

jolene428

hi popeye gal: it's reco by my fren who does her nails there and saw a bride did her nailart there! And tis fren of mine is ermmm abit of the quality-surveyor type so i trust that the shop she says good means to me can be very good ^^

and the usual mani shop i go lastmin cancel my appt made me sooo angry coz worried cannot find another shop who can a good standard one... then tis fren of mine who is also my jiemei suggested gg the nailsbar to try lor!

And true enough very good lor!!! I thk few shops charges $50 for full mani and pedi. And the one i used to go charge $70 for 1 set of fake nails...and so far those i go $5/nail nailart is normally not 3D and very plain and simple one... So hor, really worth it! The lady who does for me really v xi4 xin1 and v pro in her brushstrokes! Her name is Ann, the lady boss, only 20yrs old lor! And in biz for 3-4 yrs liao!! cool...

and somemore i thk so far i only knw another mani shop at bugis has massage chairs lor.. keke.. so i thk tis one is worth it ^^

stay

hey jolene, no lar, i meant i wanna go japan during christmas period so cannot join ur tour grp since u said ure gg 3-11dec.
did u really use mask every 2 days? got difference ar? me taking birds nest and tense up ex everyday but dun seem to have much effect leh...
sad.gif

ok,set! i will definitely go try nails bar! will quote Jolene's name when im there! heehee!
xiaokai: if ur hubby not that scared of heat,can make him wear 2 shirts under his suit! then he will look bigger in size! heehee!! else if its just 1 size bigger, might look abit empty inside... tat's wat my HTB said, which is why he is go crazy about gg gym every week!

jolene428

oh ya, BTBs, something i wana share here...

remember to give ur PG, VG, MUA etc angbao before they start work k? like once they come ur hse, give them angbao and the whole day they will work extra hard ^^ this is frm experience lor
happy.gif
in the end, some small costs here and there, my MUA also said nvm dont need charge me :p hehe...

i thk in tis way, everyone oso happy on the wedding day ^^ and do a great job too
happy.gif

and hor, u shld give angbao to ur hotel coordinator and banquet captain during the handover oso... u may be able to see miracles ^^

For me, my hotel coordinator and banquet captain are naturally v nice and efficient ppl and even though i only give them the angbaos after the event, they oso make my wedding really great!

But diff hotels and diff service ppl are different..

But wat i am sure is it will guarantee miracles if u 'tip' them before they start work ^^

and of coz for chinese, we believe it is ji2 li4 to give angbaos to those who help u to make ur BIG and impt day possible!!!

popeye_gal

ooo.. ok..
btw, did you pass by and saw, there's one shop which is hving red sofa & red decor(dun't remember the name of the shop)? in the building that shop had the nicest decor.. but dun't knw that quality gd anot..
from your advise think will narrow down to one or two only... thanks.

jolene428

stay: wow.. then ur HTB very fit now ahhhhhh.......

keke..i thk for the dinner can wear two shirts lor..coz got aircon mah.. but nt in the morning..will die of heatstroke. coz i knw our hse there sooooo hot... tt day my HB and the brothers really all like kena heatstroke like tt...after they go hotel bath and rest then freshen up lor...poor men...

ohhh.. go japan during xmas!! sooo good!! i oso want de but my HB is teacher, worried before Xmas he needs to report back to school for meetings liao
sad.gif
haizz..i wana see snow leh
sad.gif

yaa..i use mask every 2 days!!! i thk the faceshop masks not bad wor!! and hor, i tt time drink the tense up oso no use..i heard must drink for 3mths min then can see difference... birdnest shld have use.. keke...

tell u ahh.. the best is to eat antibotic... coz tt time i got breakout due to stress mah.. then jialat lehh... then i fell sick on the friday before my wedding and went to see doc.. i eat 2-3 doses of antibotic, the face clear liao :p hahaha.. coz it detox mahh!!! :p

jolene428

ehhh.. i didnt really walk ard far east to see coz too many shops so i prefer by word of mouth lor.. at least service quality guaranteed but maybe u can go ask the prices ard first ba
happy.gif
keke..

for me i like a cosy place where i can fall aslp doing my pedi and wont look like a public animal on display :p my fren fell aslp on the massage chair in the midst of her pedi!!!

dodolet

sigh.. I am darn stress with the name list for church and dinner.. so many pple saying they will not be around.. ARGH... STRESSSSSS

popeye_gal

think can ask those shop with selling all kind of wedding items.. they will have knowledge & more detail of what you want..
think bought liao, dun't knw did i miss out anything anot.

jolene428

keke yeah! u can ask the shop ppl, they will know. I got mine from Moments at Chinatown, they are able to advise u what to buy
happy.gif
I even bought my An Chuan whole set of items from them ^^

u can check out my multiply - www.fariesinn.multiply.com to see what i prepared for my GDL. I am teochew and my HB is hokkien.

stay

totally agree with Jolene! must give angbao beforehand! but how much did u give? scared wait they open and see so little, then pissed off! haha! another thing which ive also been thinking is how much to give younger siblings during tea ceremony??? i know its a token but wanna make sure its not too little oso....
jolene:yah,HTB is quite fit now.. heehee... i sprained my ankle last wk (yes, damn suay!) and he has been piggyingback me whenever we need to take the stairs! haha!
yah, i wanna go japan during xmas for a white xmas! but dunno if my boss will allow me to take leave or not coz im gg to be away for almost a month!me taking 3wks before wedding and 1wk after for honeymoon.... so japan trip KIV first ba.
im teochew and HB is hokkien too! heehee! my GDL very simple one. but if u want, there is this shop at chinatown which will ask u wats ur dialect and tell u what to prepare.
Actually can i ask what are the procedures to an chuang? my MIL said dun need coz the rest of the brothers who got married oso never an chuang. plus my HTB will sleep on our bed before the wedding.
sad.gif

jolene428

keke!!! my relatives oso said tt :p hahaha.. coz he got small small eyes like sun xie zhi :p heehee... last time on the bus, got some school gers like go crazi and keep whispering and giggling like that when saw him! so funni!!!

i always laff at him said can form a fan club in school liao coz he is a teacher mah.. hahaha...

woooooo fit fit!!! SO SWEET!!! piggyback u!!! good training wor!!! Heehee...ur leg now okay mah? so poor thing!!! i knw manz..like 2 days before my wedding fall sick and i felt damn sianz.. lucky my family doc gave me power medicine.. eat liao slp whole day then after 2nd doses i recover liao or else i duno hw to sing on my AD manz :p

3wks before wedding!! WOOOO.. power lehhhh!! can take such long leave ahhhhh... but its good oso coz can have ample rest and dun need be distracted at work.. initially i only took 2 days before wedding off but the week before my AD i already cannot function properly so told my boss i wana take the whole week off coz no pt i cannot function at wrk mahz :p hahaha... so he allowed me lor :p

Stay, i thk u went same shop as me lah.. i oso go in and just ask.. they sell the an chuan thg , 1 set abt $28 with charcoal (huat), dragon and pheonix chopsticks (in pair), packet of longan, lotus,peanuts,red dates etc, the tray and 4 packets of da yuan xiao yuan.

The procedures v simple. U just put two oranges into the tray with the other items and placed in the center of the bed after u lay out the new bedsheet. And then put the 4 packets of da yuan xiao yuan 1 at each corner of the bed and said 4 different ji2 li4 phrase can liao. For me, to avoid my HB slping on the bed before the AD, we did it 1 day before the AD. He just slpt on the floor for tt nite lor...
happy.gif
v simple de... Oh ya, one more thing.. after An Chuan, must light the bedlamp till it has no battery or till the day after the AD if it is ran by electricity...

luckiechako

hey gals....
Wat are our roles on GDL??? Heard tt bride not supposed to be seen on GDL??? My GDL this sunday 8AM!!! Goodness me!!!!
I oso went to a shop @ Chinatown, but they briefly mention only leh..... very stress!!!!
Popeye Gal- When's yr AD???
Mine on 23Nov.....

jolene428

ohh.. 4 corners i been beneath the bed lehh.. the 4 corners of the bed...
happy.gif
so u two can slp on it until the packet disappear eventually
happy.gif
dont need take out. The other items, u keep the chopsticks and charcoal... cook the longans etc and eat the oranges lor ^^

jolene428

keke luckiechako, my GDL was 8am also!!! So tired lor!!!

no la, can be seen at GDL... so funni if nt must hide in room whole time meh? we need nt do anythg lor coz the mother will bao the angbaos and prepare the return gift lor ^^ just sit back and enjoy
happy.gif
see my GDL pic in the multiply ^^

vivaliciousviv

<font color="119911">~~green</font>
<font color="0000ff">wah...all 1st time...tt was v ideal for most ladies..but sadly....my man aint when we....sianz...n the woman who msg him (ex gf who have her ex bf two-timing) was his 1st lo...knn, sianz... but doesnt matter, i already accepted it liao, next life choose a better one..LOL!! tt time when i was sec sch i shld have lose it to the then virgin boyfriend of mine...lol, but scare kana preggy..haaaaa, save until in my 20s....</font>

hmm....i duno, i got buy those nice lingerie, even went for ALL OFF brazillian wax on frequent basis, the "wrestling" aint tt desirable le...haiz...sth is lacking....nt as passionate as before also.... haaaaa

stay

Jolene, i hope ur hubby is teaching in a boys sch! else his female students' results surely very bad! cannot concentrate! haha! thanks for asking, my leg is better now just that cannot wear heels from now till wedding lor... and not wearing heels is damn painful for me!
sad.gif
thanks for "teaching" me the an chuang thing. really simple and not too troublesome to do what... we shall do it ourselves. heehee!

luckiechako (luckiechako) : im not sure of ur custom but i was overexposed during my GDL man! haha! had to serve the guests and all... so tiring even tho its just GDL coz my parents cooked so much food plus desserts.

luckiechako

sorrie gals....
wat i prepared was 2 bottles orange juice, 12 oranges, 6 towels &amp; part of the GDL items....
do u oso send yr dowry items???
My MIL told me to do after 3 days of GDL......

flora_bliss

fiona> Ya lor, the biz trip all cramp into this period. For the album layout, I went to view 1st round liao. Need to amend around 3 photos. The BS juz called me to say the changes done liao. But I got no time to go down and whole of next week I'll be in Shanghai. So they say they will email the pics to me instead.

Sotong> Not done yet. I haven't even buy anything for GDL. We DIY oso coz many things we don't want. While I'm in Shanghai, I'll try to see if there are nice wedding stuff like tea set over there. I'll probably be tailoring cheongsam there oso (provided the tailor I know is still there lah).

dodolet

Y not ask the shanghaiese counterpart there.. they will know roughly the areas you can go to get your stuff rather than you hunting around, making your trip wedding friendly too.
Heck, at shanghai, you can even tailor your whole WG, EG, CS or whatever you wanna too...

Anyway take this chance to rest abit when you in ur hotel at nite. Dun worry too much about your wedding okie...

Fiona, the corsage looks very dainty and pretty... not bad price for 3 bux. ^^