(2008) Brides of year 2008

piyo21

Hi Cassie,

I juz got my corsages from someone @ $3 each. How many u need cos she say if I get ten then got discount. PM me if you interested

jolene428

calm down.. tt time i oso almost go crazi with GDL!! coz my MIL not sure of the laws so most of it we follow wat my mum practise.. haha... and i got to remind my MIL to do wat is required... coz my HB lagi more blur..another thg he doesnt believe in all the customs... haha but after GDL u will feel better k?

the real crazi time has yet to come... the guestlist will drive u really crazi... but just bear in mind, there will always be changes til the very moment..so dont worry too much abt it
happy.gif

veria

Hi Nov BTB,

FInally back at home after my driving test. SO freaking nervous and stressed! Even the tester can see that I'm super nervous... But luckily I managed to Pass!!

Sigh... the past weeks have been stressful for me too as my house renovation ist STILL NOT ready! So stressed, even my dew is so stressed he became skinner. We finally gave up and decided to an chuan at new plc, BUT wldn't go bk on AD to chg dress b4 gg bk to my mum'hse. How to go bk when the kitchen cabinet and feature wall's not ready? kitchen appliances laying all around in the hse. It's a total mess.

My AD and ROM is on the same day on 16 nov, tt's like juz next week! And so much not done.. hvn't even finish our wed montage or select songs for the rom March-in and abnquet 1st and 2nd march-in.. Argh... stressed! And i can only take leave from 14 nov onwards....

Btw, Jolene, you're really sweet!! he he this is like a support group.. Thanks for all the encouraging remarks and comments on what to expect.
happy.gif

popeye_gal

Jolene,
i think i knw what u saying liao..
The biscuit is white color want? Is it with pink packaging paper or transparent plastic?

lynnqi

All the best to the BTBs.
Relax, SMILE, remember to eat your pre-dinner and have a great wedding. Enjoy
happy.gif

Flying off on Monday. Chat when i am back...

jolene428

popeye_gal: ehh the one i bought is red box de...
happy.gif
i thk ur mum shld knw de :D

very chewy biscuit.. :p

haha yuki: aiyoh! of coz must come back and share coz i understd all the stress ya gg thr mah
happy.gif
we will pull thr together! u will miss ur wedding when it is over :p heehee...

act. i realised the montage can be a simple one coz its the march in tt makes the diff
happy.gif
my HB was still rushing his sch proj the nite before the AD and stayed up all nite to do the montage... but he didnt managed to do a fanciful one as he initially wanted. However, most commented tt its simple but effective... as long as it tells ur story.. its gd enough
happy.gif
But the march in is wat tt will make the impression
happy.gif
So maybe can spend some time to go thr the many songs and see which songs tell ur story ^^

And congratulations!!!!! wooo the feeling must be so shiok rite!! ahaha i took my driving test a few times before i passed so i knw the shiok feeling!!! Congrats!!!

luckiechako: i mean u and ur HB have to settle the frens guestlist rite? hw many tables are u having? Yeah, same here lor... my Mum settled my relatives and my MIL settled my HB's relatives but we have 18 tables of frens lor.. which is v stressful back then...

kellyduffy

luckiechako:you can ask if there is anything your MIL requires.. for my case, everything else is represented by ang pow.. haha.. one general ang pow to mean all the pig trotters etc... ya.. try to see how to accomodate them.. if can simple, use ang pow can liao.. hehe

jolene: my htb take two times. the cakes we ask for is 8, so he bring 10 box enuff le. the basin stuff is part of dowry, so we can transport them on another day..

my mum bought the basin, baby bathtub, mug, tea pot set etc. and the da yuan xiao yuan also all this i go back home need to put sticker or tie ribbon then bring them tmr.. simple stuff only..

ya.. i expecting the guestlist to change le.. maybe need o adjust seating arrangement even... but sometimes dun understand why pple cannot make up their mind to come or dun come.. just inform early, i should be grateful liao.. haha

jolene428

keke.. yeah Kelly, tt time i oso so angry why simple ans like can or cannot oso take so long to ans... so my HB said take it as RSVP dont reply then means nt coming.. coz so irritating lor!

ended up my mum the day before then told me she did a mega seat swopped and she would be standing at the reception to look out for the guests kakaka... lucky female nt many tables :p

8 boxes of cakes only! So good!!! very easy leh, like tt!!! yaaa..mine oso use angbao to represent pig trotters coz now is like no stock everywhere oso but my mum went to pre-order from duno where and use the angbao $ to pay for it lor...

wow! i think u all got everythg ready liao so dont worry!!

summer_ice

im having a huge headache with my guest list too! then there are 2 tables which are not filled, only 8 pax.. and i dunno how to just put 2 other persons into that table... fret fret fret...

xiaokai

i do reseve a seat for the VG and PG.
jolene i have to tell u that ur PG very kelian my HB saw him filling his water bottle in the toilet so i think best to get them a seat. as what i always see in other people wedding.

cookie23

Sigh...think my mum dun do roll calling leh...she's the "must have this standard number of boxes" one... Anyway she wants just give her lor.
happy.gif

lsntyl

fionachua>nice corsage! $3 is a really good price.

sotonglet>don't remember the exact numbers but think we have 12 boxes and another 10 cake vouchers? My cakes were the traditional cream cakes. Put in frige can last a few days but because there were so many cakes, had to quickly give away all the cakes.

clarissa

Gals.. sorry to bother u all again... My mum says when we return from the groom side back to the bride's home, we have to give red packet to parents is it?

happinessbliss

Green < I'm also hairy from head to toe type.... keke...and also super hairy "down there"... 1st time do the Brazilian wax sure pain but bearable la... like Viv says, it will be more painful near the triangle area... but after a few treatment, the hair gets less stubborn and also not so thick then the subsequent treatment will be a breeze... I now do my brazilian wax every 6 weeks.... Ya cleaner...

Viv < tropic Thunder is funny.... My hubby also dwnload from somewhr so I watch lor.... kekeke...anyway FOC mah.... a wat to cut cost since the recent economy is bad...hahahaha

Ah Net < Pls take care of yrself ya... the weather is very unpredictable nowadays...so very easy to fall sick... drink more herbal tea... or ARE U...????
happy.gif

hapimint

My mother didnt do roll calling...haha... she did something even funnier...

She invited a big group of friends to come to my GDL...

Then whoever who comes get a cake back... haha... like welcome gift...

Then the rest, give relatives... haha.... So that comes up to 32 boxes....

Actually the cake shop owner did say cream cake can keep in fridge lar... but when keep more than a day or two, not fresh le... so not that nice...

Then now that I got 32 boxes, I only got so much time to go around giving...

Sad sad... hubby not going with me to give, he too busy working....

sylmc

cassie - To me, there are some guests whom we know 'must invite' and then there are those who are 'not sure if we should invite or if we invite W, then we have to invite XYZ etc'. Such 'in-between' guests, I mark them under the reserve list. Reserve list should have at least 20 names. When guests whom you have invited in the 1st round replied to say they cannot attend, you quickly activate guest(s) from your reserve list.

I did that. And in abt 3 weeks, I filled up most tables. My guest list is more or less done now. Now I only need to write invites and pass it to my friends. Relatives all done coz my GDL was a week ago. Now only left a few guests whose have yet to confirm their traveling plan. If they cannot turn up, I will just leave the seats empty. By the way, I did not cater seats for my PGs coz I know definitely got guests dropped out.

cassie02

Eunice - thanks for the website =)

Mindy - i haven send my invites yet can only do it like two wks before my AD so all i can do now is to use sms to invite my frens.

Jol - Thanks for sharing ur guest list tips! So it took a couple of weeks to do up the guest list? And is it the 'official rsvp'? or just for sending out the invites?

baobei123

???? so many rule one meh... is it up to individual ... cos my mum only ask for roasted pig , cake and 10 tables ... pin jin is see how much they give us...

i am teo chew and my hubby is hokkien

jolene428

clarissa: on my AD, i gave angbaos to the parents and siblings together with the 12 oranges and remainng of the sesame and peanut biscuits. Plus the Nappy Angbao.

thn my mum give back 2 angbaos... 1 is the leading chicken angbao and the other is sugarcane angbao.

then when return back to bride hse from groom hse must wear the 4 gold if u are teochew.

jolene428

yvonne: u same as me
happy.gif
my HB hokkien me teochew.. ehhh we give oso some other angbaos too at GDL.. but like u said..it depends on individuals.. as long as u all happy, can dun care abt wat others think ^^ its ur Day manz!!!

kellyduffy

hello..
ya lor.. luckily is a couple of those only, just hope for best.. we just hit the minimum table only. so pray all guest will try to turn up..
8 boxes only.. the rest we give vouchers..

Hi clarissa: i dunno leh.. i also checking out with my mum to see wat things we need to bring when bride retun home.. i have heard about the red pkt to parents.. but not sure is it by dialect stuff..

jolene428

xiaokai: oops.. thought the PG is working all nite leh... if he gets to sit and eat then who take pic? keke.. but then he could have ask water from the hotel mahhh.. we have empty seats oso...my PG is abit blur leh :p i thk my HB's two frens taking pic sometimes more pro than the PG i paid for :p

think best to find ur PGs outside than frm the bridal.. coz standard so so only for the same price u can find outside...We signed the bridal package 1.5yrs ago, before my HB started teaching in the sch :p so we only knw tt they are freelance PGs only this year...but paid for the PG liao, so no choice :p Lucky didnt sign up for their VG :p

haha but nvm, his two colleagues took alot of pic esp in the morning ;) cant wait to see
happy.gif
heard they are doing up somethg special with the photos ^^ So sweet!!!

thk we got very good frens who willing to cut throat for us
happy.gif
which is very impt to make the dreaming wedding possible!!!

jolene428

haiz.. i stil abit sad tt one of my gd frens cannot attend my wedding and me cannot attend hers too coz hers in early Jan 09. Her family and the MIL family all abit pangdang..

she was so sweet to send me flowers when i got back to work!! coz she is v sad tt she had to follow the customs.. i oso sad... but wil try my best to help her in all her wedding prep so she can be a happy bride!!! i guess tis is only wat i can do
happy.gif
as long as we know deep inside we want the best for each other can already! we have many more yrs together as frens!

i hope all ur gd frens are able to attend ur wedding!!!

xiao kai: i m sooooooooo happy that i can attend urs and u attended mine!!!!!!! love ya!!

kellyduffy

hee..jolene: great friends are hard to come by.. especially those experienced at handling wedding liao.. hahah.. they are a treasure man... just like you...
happy.gif

i am sure she going to be beautiful bride.. keke.. one week into november liao..

Next week is mine...

clarissa

Thanks jolene... eh.. very luan leh... i m teochew.. but my mil already gave me the 4 gold during guo da li.. then i have to bring it to groom's house and wear it back to my mum's house on AD? then the 12 oranges that the groom bring to bride's house... do the bride's parents keep and return some? or dun take at all? my goodness, gng crazy with all these nitty gritty... -_-"

strawbsc

green > I m oso hairy leh..but heck care..not bother to do anything abt it..lol..Brazilian wax must be very painful!!Ouch!!

Net > Take care!

yl > hope she is enjoying herself in bkk..

Viv > foreplay? I think must think of ways to spice up bah...

Still in Bali~~enjoying..I really really enjoy it..and it has given me the determination to earn more $$ to come back to the resort..lol

jo_vin

STAY, wah.. very chim ah.. What is cardio? Haha.. But anyway i think he should know what to do ba. Cos their gym in Macau got personal trainer de. So not much problem. Hopefully he really can put on weight.

Wah.. write thank u speech also can cry ah? I smile n smile when i was writing it leh. Haha.. Also dont know what to write.. Haiz.. Just shun qi zi ran ba. Hubby says no need to write la. He says after he finish talking, i wont have much time left to talk liao. Haha.. Wonder what he wants to say..

Jolene, thanks for all the advice! U're so nice!! Ya, my hubby also say no need to write. He say just say what comes to mind then more natural. But i scared if nvr write, end up nothing to say! Lol!!

I think i wont cry leh. But usually i watch movies cry very easily de. Dont know y when it happens to me, i cannot cry. Still rem my hubby proposal was very romantic. Then all my frens ask me y i nvr cry. Cos they also want to cry liao. Haha.. i also dont know leh.. Dont know good or bad.. Haha..

Yvonne, ur AD next sun? Seems like still got quite alot of things to be done... Jia you! N dont be stress ya? Stay happy!!! Must be very excited liao rite? Aiya, we can always come back here n talk one ma.. N we having gathering also right?

luckiechako, ya, i think u can try neo garden. Many brides here use them too.

lsntyl

BKK is good so far. Didn't shop much actually. Just spend time with husband. My hotel is not bad. V new so they are still working out some kinks. No toothbrushes and the shampoo/shower gel is a bit drying. Bed is also on the hard side but no probs for hubby and I as we are fine with that. Good points are it is v close to the shopping in Pratunam and we can walk to Platinum Mall in less than 10 mins. Hubby also loves the many food stalls around here.

waxie>take good care of yourself!

clare>wah, what's at the resort? Must tell us more about it.
happy.gif

jo_vin

Jolene, i blur again leh.. What's the difference between beneath the mattress and under the bed??

Kelly, that means ur AD is next sat lor? So fast hor? So how u feeling now?

Jolene, i was the one who asked abt GDL in the evening. Haha.. Then i think should be fine for us. Cos we dont hv cakes to distribute. Haha.. cos my mum say no need. Haiz.. Alrdy said liao, my mum is also not as traditional as me lor. Haha.. I think i more auntie than her sometimes..

Jolene, ya lor. I think we really get more frustrated during this period, cos we just want the best ma.. Anyway, i saved ur number le. Hehe... Will definitely call or sms u if i need help k? Thanks alot babe!

luckiechako, Jap stuffs very exp lor! I also went b4 bt its on tour package de. But didnt buy much cos the things are really too exp!! Only bought the Burberry's blue label. Kekeke...

Ya, i also think nowadays quite diff not to meet up one day b4 leh. Thr are like so many things to be done. How to not meet? Last time ppl wedding very easy n simple. But now very luan and complicated.. Think quite diff to not meet leh..

jolene428

jo_vin!! of coz k lah! u sms me before hand then call me or else i may be too stunned haha...k lah, feel free to ask me for help k :D

keke we all went thr it de mah
happy.gif
so of coz must help each other :D

ohhh beneath the bed = below the mattress lor.. so u sleep on the da yuan and xiao yuan. Under the bed means on the floor liao mah ^^

wahh.. u v cool leh.. i oso almost cried out during my tea ceremony haha.. u li hai.... oso good lor, at least wont cry until smerge the makeup! heee...

haha ur HB must be those very natural speaker haha.. will say all the v touching thgs and then u dont need to say much le.. actually bride doesnt need to say v much other than thanking the parents, the guests and the helpers ^^ Most of my frens wedding, brides nv say a thg even
happy.gif

ohhh ur cards distributed liao? ehhh normally get the cakes liao then distribute the bride's invites together with the cakes. If all distribute liao then doesnt matter the time for GDL lor..

yeahhh next wk is yvonne and kelly.. so exciting! I wonder hws LOst nw? Maybe too drunk liao :p heehee... And Jane oso! Hope to see her back!

anyone can rem charma97 AD date? ehhhh and chimes etc.. no news frm them leh.. hope they nt too stressed...

Kelly: thanks ahh.. keke.. yeh! i believe all brides will be beautiful!!!

jolene428

clarissa: after ur mum gives ya the SDJ, u just need to wear it back to ur mum's hse after u change to tea dress...

will u have ur own hse or stay at MIL hse? if own hse.. then after ur MIL hse u can go back ur hse change to tea dress then wear the SDJ to ur hse.

if u stay at MIL hse.. easier, just need to wear with ur tea dress after u change at MIL hse to ur hse.

jolene428

clarissa: dun worry..its like tt de.. at first i oso v luan..lucky my mum prepared everythg for me so i just learnt abt it along the way lor...

in the morning, ur HB must come with 12 oranges and angbaos for ur parents and siblings. and oso bring the nappy angbao. at the same time need to bring back the remaining of the sesame and peanut biscuits (coz previously during GDL, ur mum has to return 50% of the sesame and peanut biscuits given to her
happy.gif

then ur mother to return 50% of the oranges and give two angbaos - leading chicken angbao and sugarcane angbao. Then must give the person who take the oranges an angbao oso...

jolene428

keke dont blur.. u see ahh SDJ is MIL give u rite? and so ur relatives didnt see before rite?

so on ur AD, u wear back the SDJ to ur mum's hse to 'show off' to ur relatives.. tts the custom :p

jolene428

sorry ah.. i mean to say after ur MIL gives ya the SDJ, its urs liao mah.. so u need to wear back on ur AD in ur tea dress to 'show off' to ur mum's relatives.

baobei123

So GDL tat day I only give his silbing, parent, grandmum ang bao la.. cupboard angbao and all my dowry thing...

then exchange the hard liqurd fr them to orange juice.. tat all...

the AD give them the sugarcane angbao and chicken ang bao. return 1/2 of wat ever they give us huh..

then during my return hm when i wear kua i need to wear the SDJ my MIL gave me to my mum's hse to show off....

my mum also told me my gold and white gold I had and she gave also AD then bring to my PIL hse..

alamak .... wat there to show off.... so ma fun.. wear so many kim!!! then at my hse if my relative also give me kim or white kim... they hv to help me wear on me then I seem to be like christmas tree....

sylmc

hmm...actually it took us 2 days to come up with the guest list but of course, there was a lot of discussion prior to that. We went out e-invites abt 5 weeks before our AD and used 2 - 3 weeks to collate all the replies. Sounds a bit 'kiasu' hor heehee but we are having our wedding over a long weekend so better 'book' our guests first

This weekend till next week, we are posting our invites out to the guests who have confirmed their attendance.

waxie24

clare> woah.. must show us pics wor..

yl> luckily.. i've recovered.. so far so good.. loooks like my next trip to BKK can stay at the hotel u are at...