(2008) Brides of year 2008

miew

Lsntyl: Thanks.. yeah.. hope the videographer that we meet up with tonight is good, so we can finally settle everything.. =)

Anyone has a rough program of the morning of your AD? I am wondering what time should I get the MUA to come to my place.. We are supposed to leave the house between 9 - 11am, as it is the auspicious time...Many thanks! =)

gingerbread_gal

Nelle,
Your teadress is lovely!! seems to suit you very well
happy.gif

Prov,
you mean your EG shape is similar to mine?? did you tell TY that you prefer your gowns to be slightly looser? ya, most imptly, you must feel comfortable in your gowns
happy.gif
never mind, show us your pics when things are up and running...or your PS shoots will be just fine...who's your PS PG?

Seems like i'm kinda slow on things....haven't had my trial makeup yet! then my PS date is like so late! haven't done a lot of things....hmmm, then now sourcing for wedding car...just realised that we haven't decided on our wedding car! *faintz*

Flora,
i think i read that you have to go for trial makeup with no makeup on and no sunblock? think it'll be useful to bring her pics of the type of make-up and hair that you like. I think my trial makeup includes the hair.

nelle

oh oh... forgot about the car too.
Supposed to be borrowing from frds. Need to find out the model & color. Deco.....of course nelle, the budget bride will DIY...hahaha....

miew

My videographer was recommended by one of my best friend's who used him for her wedding.. she said it was tought to get hold of him as he is based in JB, but once I got him and confirmed everything, he would do a great job for me.. After 3 months of trying to contact him, I finally got hold of him in Mar.. And only managed to meet him about 2.5 months ago during first week of June.That was after trying to contact him countless times and setting meet ups, which he would change at last min on the day itself. When we finally met him, he promised us all the wonderful things he could do... we were impressed with the samples he showed us. All the anger from previously when he stood us up and was uncontactable vanished... He promised to send me the video montage for approval by 15 July. We paid him $300 as deposit.. 2.5 months later, after countless emails and phone calls.. none of which were replied or answered. He finally sent me an email with the video montage, only, there was NO attachment.. Grrr!! Another week passed and he finally sent the attachment. But the video was so disappointing, I could not believe my eyes. It was very badly done. Pictures and songs were all wrong.. Badly edited. And he only used like 1 third of the pictures I gave him. The flow from one picture to the next was badly done, and the interval between each "set" (as in htb's pics, my pics and then our couple pics) was abrupt. Honestly, it looks like something done by a person who knows nuts about his work. I suspect maybe he got someone else to do it? Or he had no time? Cos towards the end, it was obviously very rushed.. and there wasn't even an ending to the video. When the pictures finished.. the song was still playing on and on.. wow.. we were shocked beyond belief.. that was 2 weeks ago.. i emailed him and told him i could not accept such standards and i had no confidence in his work.. i told him i can understand if he really has no time and if thats the case then he should return me the deposit and we will call it quits, as I only have one month left to find a replacement. Either that or he should re do the entire thing ASAP. Well, long story cut short, i havent heard from him at all. I sent him another email demanding to know what is going on and what his intentions are.. cos this kind of service and attitude is really unprofessional.. well, you guessed it, still no answer.. sigh....

I really hope none of you will ever work with this guy.. he is UNBELIEVABLE!!

lsntyl

strawclare>that's quite a good price you got. Is a high floor? which block if u don't mind? is it one of those opp Tropical Spring? I've 2 friends staying in those blocks le. If you oso there, will be 3. Maybe next time can go Simei look for you.

Ya, ideal is to find a place near Bedok or Whampoa. but we stopped for the time being cos v tired of looking at the flats le. N to concentrate on the wedding.

miew>wah, he sounds really bad. Better to cut losses with him...

ebride

Mrs Chiew: Canno find the ang pow pic in Multiply leh..blur~

Anna: Is yr wine issues settle liao?

Bubbly: check on the properties of the photos. Mine are mostly 300dpi. Still clear leh.

carine_ezki

Just want to ask u ladies something...

Have you ladies got your wedding album?? Cuz I havent got mine !! My In & Outdoor shoot was on 30th June... (I know it's abit rush, but no choice, FIL's health is getting bad to worst, thus our wedding push forward.) And Last 3 weeks ago we went to confirm our Layout.. But just now I just called and ask, they have not even print yet!! My god!!! Is this normal? They keep telling mi, aiya, Ur AD is 16th Sep.. Still long way to go.. I'm like, You mean I can only get my wedding album on like 2-3 days before my AD issit???? I'm quite fed up and upset about it !!

miew

Carine87: I am only going to choose my layout on 25th Aug.. and my AD is on 19 Sept... they say i can collect the album together with my gowns one day before wedding day!! hiyoo.. even worse than you..

providencia

nelle, ur CS is really oriental looking, fits your criteria, and again I must say, u're very slim, everyone's envy.
happy.gif

Sotonglet, the gowns are so tight, i can run marathon in it lah.. ha ha.

MeiLing, all my friends tell me cannot be too small, need a bit of meat to wear the gowns, so I think you just nice. Just must control ur pigging out when stressed and exercise, we are not that much smaller than you. Jia you, you can do it!!!

Mary, my flabs are hidden, ha ha. I will need to research on the angles of poses. Aiyah, so busy already, so many things to research on.
happy.gif

Jac, both my WG and EG are ballgown shaped. Will prob post the PS shots, hopefully I can look decent in that. No worries, i only did my trial makeup 3 weeks before PS, PS will be 2 and a half month before the AD, you are end Dec right? So still in good time, no stress, no stress.
For cars, like nelle says, either friends or relatives, rental is just too expensive.
I'll be using our own car, save money and since I'm the first woman to sit in the car, so think more memorable (Or I'm just cheapskate.. ha ha)

I think the media is to be partly blamed for the high asking prices of COV. They publicise so many cases of 100K COV and boost up sellers' confidences loh.

30K COV + 2K agent commuission + 30K renov and furniture = 62K cash

miew

Anyone here knows where I can go to buy those gift hampers? Like those we always see during Chinese New Year? I am considering getting one of that to replace the roast pig on our AD.

I went to Mrs Teo's floral shop yesterday evening, but if was already closed. I will go again on Sat morning. Think as it is a market, they close pretty early.. =)

ebride

saw liao..the ang pow are more of the simple & traditional type with Xi words. My mum will like them wo if she sees them. Prehps u can try searching those ang pows with cuter designs to attract the younger generation =P

waxie24

miew> mrs teo floral shop is at bedok blk 85 issit? my friend got her ROM bouquet there.. quite nice..

green> i think the ppl who pay COV of 100K is.. erm~ too rich.. *shake head.. ruin the market..

miew

Waxie24: Yeah, Mrs Teo's shop is in Blk 85, Bedok North.. at the famous ba chor mee there.. Its inside the market itself.. look for #01-124.. =)

charma97

Hi all, woww getting more and more..

Here is the latest updates.

Nov Brides Nick - Multiply ID

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloquy7
pinky81 - sonice (Juan Juan Siau)
charma97 - doggieparadise
blanqq - blanqq
TanLee - lynnqi
Lost - komiki25
Mary_Poppins - charmainehw
Brenda - jasnbren
rommie - rommie1511
Kristine - kristine goh
jazzy_chimes - jazzywindchimes
baylee - baylee
blooms-pearlyn15
YukiMegumi(Veria) - orhorh

paccha00

Hi girls,
thanks for all the info! In fact I just walked past the shop in Chinatown yesterday. Already eyed a teaset I like.. Ya the lady was really helpful too.. So i might go there and settle everything bah.. thanks once again!

pinkcupcake

hey yuki! my wedding day is 16 nov too!
happy.gif

girls, just wanna ask - read some of you talking about digital and classic photos in your album. what's the difference and what do digital and classic photos mean? sorry if it's a silly question...i really don't know! :p

lsntyl

maybe all the east side sept brides can have mini-gathering at 85 on Sat. Makan breakfast + check out Mrs Teo. See if can get more discount. :p

strawbsc

viv > vote for u liao..

YL > It is not high floor leh..6th floor..blk 101..opp Changkat pri school.. (^-^)..yah..can come find me..haha..now oso can meet lah..I still staying in east coast..even nearer to ur pl now.. ("p)
Yah..It is super tiring to look for a place..My family can see 9 flats in one day...can die lor..see until blur kind lor.
Sat~~~ah yah..I working...I wish I can come..heehee..

green > yes..this is very true..those 100k cov are just those one of cases..but all sellers think their flats are worthy of the 100k cov..Anyway,which seller dun wan to sell high,which buyer dun wan to buy low..haha~~human nature lah

miew > horrible photographer!!Hope ur meeting tonight with the new one will be good~ (^-^)

carina > I got mine liao..hmm...mine is on the 14th sept lah..

lsntyl

strawclare>6th floor is ok lah. All the flats in that area not v high. u have my number rite? when u free, call me lah. can meet anytime.

I oso got see many flats in a day. see until sian liao. Near the end, FH and I only think about the feel of the place. But we quite picky so still haven't found a place lor.

Those who demand 100K COV for a nicely renovated flat still not so bad. We saw a place in original state. Wiring all not changed and v dated flooring and renovations. Still dare to demand 100K COV because they are on a high floor and claim got sea view. But the sea view is one small strip in the distance, not even close up like in Marine Parade. ><

strawbsc

yl > haha...it is like that lor..haiz..ok ok..when I free we can meet in the east..cheers~

not to worry lah..when its urs,it will be urs..u will noe it..my family was looking for a flat 3 yrs ago!!yes..3yrs ago..till now then we got a place..we are also picky..see neighbour lah..see rooms facing lah..my dad even worse !see the distance between the sink and the stove!
Yah..now enjoy getting married 1st..honeymoon then
house...I really understand the "sian"..it is super sian...haha~ take ur time lah..at the same time can save abit of money oso..

lsntyl

strawclare>yep, agree totally. Ohh, I read your blog. Going to look for the 85 cafe. Read there's one near my hotel. FH will be celebrating his birthday in Taipei and I want to find a nice cake for him. :D

BTW, paiseh but what's the nice mochi website again?

sadzz

Hi gals

Wished i can say more but my photos are still with him and heard from my fren that freelancer pgs like to check this forum...

rayrachel

waxie> sorry folks.. away from here for 2 days.. busy man.. hahaha....

Mmmmm... I cant find the name card liaoz... u tried to google also cannot find.. hehehe.. u can call up the uncle if u want.. then get the website from him...

Plate?? how to cut???? my MIL was still sayin the knife must be very sharp..then one shot can cut it off...
No knife? so no cooking also loh? hehe..

Rising Star Flora Creation-65561422
Its at Blk 1 Thomson Road.. oppsite Thomson Medical there..
happy.gif

Humble shop la..
happy.gif

Ivy> hehehe.. okay.. how issit? have u tried it?? let us know yeah? :p
HB bought the strings. i dunno.. a few dollars from Popular..
I didnt know T&amp;T got sell strings though. hahaha.. never asked.. :p
you want.. i can pass to u.. where?? :p

straylamb> yah.. i'm quite fortunate la.. though my HB not VERY VERY good r/s with them.. but they like quite like me loh..
hehehe.. i hope it'll stay this way.. hehehee.. my MIL also very frenly de.. so.. quite okay la..
maybe also coz last time.. we all one big grp will go to his house and play de.. so already like know his mum lo...

Last time i still buy food. we go there cook for all to eat ah.. so paiseh..
after we together.. i dare not cook liaoz.. hahahhaha..paiseh la...
but last time.. dun care.. just cook.. at least..she know.. i can cook de.. hehehehhe..:p

clare> hahaha.. sleep more ah? i try la.. HB nag me to sleep early ... dun go forum..EVERYDAY.. and he's so frustrated why i must go forum everynite..
and we actually quarrel a dozen times.. coz i spend too much time on forum.. he hates it.. haha...

Oooh.. u wanna talk to my HB for Quotations? he's ID..
happy.gif

Almeta> yah.. my mum also say very difficult to cut..and no one in the family knows how to cut..they say AP to replace will do.. hehhe.. :p
ooh. hamper?? my side MIL will give an AP loh.. in replacement of Roast Pig..
happy.gif

YL> yah. roast pig usually is cantonese custom.. :p
Many got cards also last min no come de la... my RSVP from 77 become 71 now.. sianz....

Ah Net> my BS will decide the flowers for me.. i'm not particular abt flowers.. as long as look nice. i'm happy liaoz..
so i asked the lady boss to decide for me... hehe..she said will use Lily as main..then add with side flowers.. i dunno how it's like.. but shall have a surprise loh. :p

YQ> you've got mail..
happy.gif

Viv> thanks gal.. i just went to the doc again... 4th time in 3 weeks now.. sigh... bad la..
not improving.but coz of my asthma.. its delaying the recovery process...
but the medicine this time round seems to work.. hehhe...
I ate once. no cough.. feels better too.. i shall faithfully eat my medicine.. hehehe.. :p

Miew> who was ur supposed VG??
leave ur email.. i can send u my planner..
happy.gif

Zep> haha.. yah man.. trying to be better..
happy.gif

thanks!
happy.gif

carine> which BS are u from??
I just went for final fitting on 20th Aug.. which is yesterday..and my 3-in-1 frame, my table tops.. 4R giveaways, 2 Big ALbums.. 2 mini albums..
all ready.. but it was too much to bring home and we were not driving.
so i'll be collecting it on same day as my gowns.
happy.gif

Will get someone to drive us there to pick it up then!
happy.gif

My AD is 1st Sept..
happy.gif

I'm collecting everything 3 days before.. on Fri.. my AD is Monday.. but Sun nite will go down to collect hand bouquet..
happy.gif

flora_bliss

Oh dear... I've not been researching on makeup style leh. Absolutely no idea what type of makeup and hairdo I want. Hmm... makeup that makes me look younger, maybe that will do? Yes, I need to highlight to her my skin is hyper-sensitive.

Prov> My PC oso down. Started having problem last Sat. Only managed to revive it 2 days ago. I think the gown shouldn't be loose or too tight. If you are not comfortable in it, it'll show all over your face.

Nelle> You so slim. I wanna be like you. Looks like it means more situps and pushups for me tonight.

charma97

Mei, digital is those like 3 in 1 page with patterns or design.. As for classic, is 1 photo 1 page without any patterns or designs.

Ladies, Please correct me if I said wrongly..

jo_vin

Lost, wah, 55photos must have cost u much for Singapore's BS. How much u had to top up then?

Yuki, will add u in Multiply too!

Jane, have send u Idear's info thru Multiply pm!

Hi charma97, i think u're right about the digital and classic. Mine is all digital.

happi_bride

Yen Rate
January 0.01269 May 0.01133
February0.01079 June 0.01279
March 0.01182 July 0.01272
April 0.01328 August 0.01281
2008-08-19 0.012873 SGD
2008-08-20 0.0128707 SGD
2008-08-21 0.0130152 SGD
====================================

USD
January 1.36957 May 1.17971
February1.154 June 1.36761
March 1.18633 July 1.35931
April 1.3639 August 1.40057
2008-08-19 1.4114 SGD
2008-08-20 1.4132 SGD
2008-08-21 1.4128 SGD
===================================

Euro
January 2.01514 May 1.83806
February1.70509 June 2.12908
March 1.84416 July 2.14297
April 2.14929 August 2.10656
2008-08-19 2.0854 SGD
2008-08-20 2.08437 SGD
2008-08-21 2.08932 SGD

charma97

Thanks Jo_vin, At 1st i don't know about all these. Until one of my friends taught me before i search for a BS..

By the way, have you all get the stuffs for guo da li and an chuang? If prepared now, is it too early?

lilacbliss07

hiya... jo_vin.. received ur PM.. thanks!!

Just went for food tasting.. hmmm not so fantastic.. got a few improvements to be made.. keke...

charma97.. yeah digital is 1 page got diff pics and design.. classic/fullpage is 1 pic 1 page... i'll be getting the guo da li/an chuang stuffs by sep... coz my guo da li is Oct and an chuang in Nov... maybe buy earlier den dun need to headache le.. hehhee...

babyjj

waaa how come Oct so long, bay... tot ur PS was 2 wks after mine? today received a call from FB that my layout's ready for viewing, ask if can go see tonight.. so we went down to see the 1st draft... but din realli like them so they gonna do again.. duno how long it'll take.. how many digital pages do u have? need to factor in reject-and-redo time o..

mary_poppins, yalo... me and HTB macham walking carrots at suntec, tio caught den blur blur duno y sign.. LOL.. but coz we had absolutely no intention of signing, they kept throwing in stuff.. haha... but it was our 1st bridal "stop"... never research at all.. lucky we din get conned...

analog is 1 page 1 pose, digital is merge a few poses together, put in bubbles, squares to frame poses, etc...

babyjj

Don't have mine here... add add.. heehee..

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloquy7
blanqq - blanqq
TanLee - lynnqi
Lost - komiki25
Brenda - jasnbren
rommie - rommie1511
Kristine - kristine goh
baylee - baylee
blooms-pearlyn15
jojo - joiynn

charma97

Jane, Yeah, I was thinking about it. Now waiting for my fil to confirm the date for both guo da li and an chuang.

Where will you all get the stuffs from?? My friend told me that level 3 at bukit timah sell quite cheap than chinatown.

ergina

Hi, my AD on 22Nov'08. However, I'll like to seek you all opinion... ... My BS arrange my PS only in begining of Oct'08. They claimed no other slot available. Really scare that album and photo will not be available in time. What should I do? Pls help to advise. Thks.

babyjj

ur album got digital layout? or all 1 page 1 pose? if taken earli oct, they let u choose by mid-oct, den immediately send for touch-up and re-print, mayb still can.. but very very rush... no buffer for errors or cock-ups...

if u insist and/or kick up a fuss? some bridal places bully softer pp but give in if u firm.. but dun spoil relations, just try asking again and insisting that they try to do something about it.

jfaith

Hi Ergina,

I thought I will be the last in this forum taking PS. (mine is on 1 Sept and AD is 30 Nov) however yours is even later than mine. Agree with jojo that you probably need to kick fuss and get them to rush out for you.

My nick in multiply is janeho79

msclaire

wah nelle, u really look very good. slim n fair lady... i havent been watchin my diet also, but hope my badminton sessions help:p

crayonv

strawclare (strawbsc)
<font color="aa00aa">thanks for the Vote...try to vote on daily basis IF possible? To help me win la...haaa..sianz, tt pix aint my best shot,i Look so Fierce n Chubby! =(</font>

fanny jo (happi_bride)
<font color="0000ff">wah!!where u get all these Post data! I see the 1.17 i damn sianz lo....haiz...next week can depreciate until tt rate or not ah??i damn sad lo....
Yup, i m heading USA, at a bad time....on 911....Northwest Airline.. haaa....</font>

<blink>Here's the rates as today:</blink>

USD - 1.4120
EUR - 2.1070
KRW - 1.3480
TWD - 4.5800

ergina

Thks Jojo. Mine album include both digital and classic. Frankly specking, I really had concern over the final product so "DARE NOT" kick up a fuss over this with them. The girl at BS did mentioned that if really too rush, recommend us to just go for classic... Though she assure us that they sure make it in time but did not touch on what happen "in case they dom't deliver".

Btw, they told us to pay balance cost of the package immediately after PS. Is this the case? If not, how shall the payment be like?

charma97

Hi Ergina, My AD is also on 22 Nov. I also agree with jojo.. U need to hurry your BS..

I doubt they will do both digital and classic for you as your PS is on Oct. When did you sign your package? How come their slots so fast no empty slot till Oct?

So far what I know, you no need to pay the balance cost after your PS.. Partial will do..

Yuki and jfaith, added you to my multiply.

A consolidation listing

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloquy7
blanqq - blanqq
TanLee - lynnqi
Lost - komiki25
Brenda - jasnbren
rommie - rommie1511
Kristine - kristine goh
baylee - baylee
blooms-pearlyn15
jojo - joiynn
jfaith - janeho79

happysmiley

Hi Ladies!

Hi Ergina, agree that you have to kick up a fuss, it seems like very very rush, just in case you dont like their layout, you can still get them to change if time allows.

My layout will only be ready in end Sep! even though I took my pics in mid July.

My multiply ID: Krazehaven
Will upload the pics too when I have them. =)