(2008) Brides of year 2008

euanterence

its funny leh,cos i wanted the fx room frm 6pm onwards but they can only let me have it at 6.30pm as there will be another event (some seminar??) before my solemnization..i wonder hw the hotel is gg to prep the room just in time for the solemnization..sounds scary man..
i mean,we need time to deco the room isnt it? both events are just happening side by side, theres no time to react

mary_poppins

LSnTYL, transportation should not be too much of a problem. Can search online for private mini buses or buses. Is it for your neighbours?

florabliss, talk to your hotel and BS. I am sure they will try their best to accomodate to your schedule as far as possible. I believe they have encounter many of such situations from their previous clients before. For your invites, can send out when you guo da li. For those closer friends and colleagues, just inform them the date and give them the invites nearer to the date. By getting their verbal confirmation earlier, you can gauge roughly how many ppl will be turning up. You are always the sensible and rational one, not like Meiling and me who simply loves shopping...

Meiling, EURSGD dropped to 2.08-2.09. Think you can change a bit first. Not too sure if EUR will weaken further against USD given that now the market focus on Euro-zone economic weakness? If so, EURSGD looks promising to dip further. With regards to spending habits, think both of us belong to the same flock. After giving my parents money and paying for everything else at home, plus spending on shopping, plus all other misc stuff... Hardly any money left... Hahaha..

Lost, think Choz should be quite flexible one right? Maybe you can inform them abt how many boxes on which date one-two weeks in advance?

crayonv

irgal
<font color="0000ff">everything happens for a reason...ur destiny and time is in your hands...i also havin depression at times....gt time will share....</font>
<font color="aa00aa">brace up..look to the future...Good Luck n God bless. =)</font>

jo_vin

I will be having solemnization at the waterfall area in the hotel before my dinner. So I outsource a florist to do a flower arch for me. In case rainy day, then will move to function room. And also because i wont b getting the bridal bouquet and flowers for bridal car from my BS, i have to oursource. Anyway, i have uploaded some quotations of florists in Multiply. Do take a look if u like to find out the different prices.

Going to watch movie now le! U gals enjoy!!

mary_poppins

Hi ladies, my multiply ID is charmainehw. Wow, so many pix to view... Going to see them now!

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloquy7
pinky81 - sonice (Juan Juan Siau)
charma97 - doggieparadise
blanqq - blanqq
TanLee - lynnqi
Lost - komiki25
Mary_Poppins - charmainehw

pinky81

mei (pinkcupcake): Yes, I went overseas for my wedding shoot. =) I was really lucky to have such a good weather. It was the rainy season when I went there. I have 2 gowns for my actual day. One for day and one for evening. However, I love both so much that I can't decide which one

(bubu) (euanterence): For my hotel, if i am having a soleminsation before my dinner, they will use the dinner flower stands and arrangements for my soleminisation. After soleminsation, they will move the flowers back to the ballroom for the dinner banquet. Dun worry... the hotel people can work very fast and I have witness that for my friend's wedding too. The ballroom was occupied for an afternoon tea for a business function before my friend's wedding.

euanterence

pinky: that's a good consolation! i will call up the hotel next week to check them out..

hw soon btw is the food tasting? greedy for food (nw especially, waiting for my pizza hut delivery as too shagged to go out)

lilacbliss07

bubu my food tasting is on 21 Aug 2008.. as u can see in my msn.. keke...

all ladies.. im back hm.. uploading my photos now.. u all can go see in a short while.. =D

charma97

Woww.. I think alot of you have done alot for your wedding.. For me, I am still slacking around.

Btw, you all know your guo da li and an chuang date?

charma97

Yeah Jane I go see now.

Woww so good. Mine is chosen by my FIL. now waiting for the dates for guo da li and an chuang.

Dunno why seems like i am the only one getting excited.

euanterence

i still havent do the following:
1)room for my bf n me not done up yet (not painted, havent get furniture yet)
2)wedding favour design + printing(planning to do a cd with some of the wedding songs in it + a 3 page insert with our pics inside n some "storyline" encased in a box)
3)wedding invites (havent collect,havent think of what design to do)
4)scanning of pics for montage / montage
5)dunno wat songs to use
6)bridal stuff (basins or wadsoever required..argh..so mafan)
7)things to do for hen's nite (scare sarbo)
8)things to do for gatecrashing
9)dunno whether to get AD VG
10)tea dress
11)flowers for deco
12)guest's list

anyone who still got more havent do?maybe that will remind me of other things if its nt on my list

pinky81

Jane Lim (lilacbliss07): Your black gown is stunning! Very photogenic indeed. =)

You are very fast in selecting some to post online. I take a very long time for mine!

euanterence

quite paiseh to ask ppl to do things so i try to do first..my helpers i thought is to ask them to just help for the AD..

the emcee speech i aint so worried cos the emcee's angmoh is fantastic..but i donno who to get for as the chinese MC..lol

lilacbliss07

haha pinky81.. dats all the photos i have... keke u didn't read my previous post.. my package is 28pgs fullpage.. and i was conned into topping up 4pgs.. so total 32pgs..

lsntyl

jrgal>hugs. Glad you are now opening up to your hubby. It must help to know he's supportive and behind you. If you ever need to chat, please come find us here. Or you can pm me for my msn.
happy.gif

spoiltbabe>hee, ya. so coincidental. You got your nubra? Think Ivy is another of the brides from the previous spree. Met her the last time too.

lsntyl

MaryPoppins>thanks. Spoke to FH le. Getting him to get his mom to negotiate directly with my mom for the transportation. Its for my parents to the wedding venue.

pinkcupcake

hey, Jane! just viewed your pics! you look very princessy in those pictures! nice gowns too! and nice hair! like your bouquets too!
happy.gif
very good, hor, your studio - really gave you many different looks. Even 2 different bouquets!
happy.gif

lilacbliss07

haha ya i got 5 diff makeup and hairstyle.. i tot dat is standard for all BS? bouquets is studio is fresh flowers and outdoor is artificial ones.. so can last longer...

charma97

Jane: Mine not like yours.. Only change 5 hairstyles with same make up.. PS are all artificial. Only AD then use fresh flowers/

lilacbliss07

charma97... icic... doesn't matter le.. anyway cant really tell in photos.. only can tell for hairstyle.. and as long photos nice can le la.. keke...

happi_bride

Flowers is only for the day right? Dinner no need to use the flowers at all? I choose my flowers from the BS, but I forgot how it look like liao..! I muz be the worst bride.

Flowers posted is v nice! But I agree tulips cant last.. better not get those.. it falls off v easily.

kellyduffy

Hi jane and pinky81,
just view your pics.. you gals look lovely...gowns are beautiful and the pics very nice...
happy.gif

Hi gals: so happy we can all share our joy and preparation tips together...

approx 3mths to go! Gambatte!

straylamb

jrgal... hope u will get better! rely on ur hubby when u need to... no need to face everything by urself...
happy.gif

ah net... dun b too depress... thk of oct! @ least got somethin to look forward...
happy.gif

viv... i like ur hair too! the Jan 08 one... wahaha... dunnoe if i shd do somethin so dramatic for mi weddin... lol...

happi_bride

are u gals having 1 change of gown, or 2 change?

mine just 1 change- from WG to EG.
if ask my MUA to stay for another change of make up &amp; hairstyle will be $150.

jo_vin

Nov Brides Nick - Multiply ID

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloquy7
pinky81 - sonice (Juan Juan Siau)
charma97 - doggieparadise
blanqq - blanqq
TanLee - lynnqi
Lost - komiki25
Mary_Poppins - charmainehw
Brenda - jasnbren
rommie - rommie1511
Kristine - kristine goh

jo_vin

Hi gals, im back from my movie!

Jane, im gg to view ur photos now! So excited! Hearing so many good comments, im sure ur photos looks real nice!

Fanny,
I'm taking only 1 change cos lazy lah haha!

There are many tables we must visit to take pics during banquet, so time can be a bit tight depending on how many tables u have.

Jrgal,
It's good to see you feeling better now.
happy.gif
I think you are overwhelmed by too on-going things at the same time. It's challenging to do both study and work together.

Straylamb,
My friend's bride even asked MUA to attach a wig to her. She's actually having short hair. I ever thought of adding some color to my hair for AD hehe. I found out that we could ask MUA to spray temporily hair color. My hair is dry enough, so I'll try not to do permanent color at saloon, sekali I go botak.

lilacbliss07

hehe thanks.. really ar?? i still quite worried they dun look nice.. coz u noe after e incident with the BS.. i dun really have mood to choose the photos..

ahnetsan

Haha seems that quite a few of us taking ivory WG. Those ang mos in bridal mags look so pretty in pure white, but on me, looks sickly and dull. Y asian skin so yellow one. Anyway, My EG is purple.

Ok guess I shall ask my MUA to recommend MUA for mothers’ makeup in the evening before the ROM and dinner. Morning no need lor, according to u all. Haha

The Shayne ward - breathless song is very nice, so is ‘no promises’. The ‘stand by me’ also not bad, jus a bit slow.

Wow zep, the peonies look nice. Shocking pink roses also nice leh. so wat did u choose in the end after meeting FB tonite?

Waxie, wat flowers u chose? Hmm, I also agree that the FB hand flower bouquets look a bit outdated and a bit orh piang leh. dat day I only flicked thru the pages, nth really catches my eye leh. waxie, paulson told me not to choose tulips leh, cos 1st tulips will stain the WG, 2nd, tulips wont last long.

Anyone knw wat flower is in season during sept? was told dat calla lily nt in season too leh. sianz.

Lsn, thanks for the flowers link. Cool.

Green, personally, I find far east floral a bit over priced leh. haiz, another chore to do, check out different florists. Haha.

Haha viva, ppl who can afford to hold wedding at sentosa wont mind abt the ang pow one lor. weddings at sentosa so expensive… hopefully our guests read the straits times article and can be a little bit zi dong abt ang pow amt. haha.

Wah viva, nw US$ rising liao.

Spoiltbabe, hope ur gastric is better now. Take care yeah.

Fanny, I planning / hoping to buy LV, Gucci and prada. Haha. One each?
Me only gg to change WG to EG. I dun have 2nd EG leh. and I think I will only one hairdo, dun wish to pay MUA for more money leh.

Jrgal, come in forum and chat more often. Stay cool, happy!! Take care yeah, vent ur frustrations in the forum, we all lend u our listening ear. Haha. Hope u r feeling better.

Viv,
Haha I've insomnia. If I sleep more than 8hours the night before or nap in the day, I won't be able to fall asleep at night. If can sleep 6hours, I'll be happy le.

Now I'm busy packing clothes and other garage. Moving to bf's place tomorrow. I just showered 1 hour, now sweaty liao
sad.gif

Net,
I dun have to do any homework for flowers, cos I'll just use something simple and something I like ... white roses pull stop haha. I know this is a boring choice.

happinessbliss

I think i miss spoiltbabe when i went to collect my NuBra. But I met Ivy though... hehehe...

YL < Kim put on the Nubra for me... a bit paisay but ok la, we all are women. She ask me to wear it home. I wear it and went dinner with my frd, the bra is very comfortable and secure... hehe.... its really $$ well-spent... and the best thing is my super sensitive skin does not itch...YIPPEEE!!!

jrgal < erm, i also dun have a choice but to leave the company. Cos i was pretty stress out with the new managment and additional jobscope. I was practically so stress tat i was crying for no apparant reason... luckily for me, my husband was pretty supportive. He encourage me to leave too... so thats how i find my courage to resign lor... y don't u talk to yr hubby??? two heads is better than 1. And as husband was wife it is good to discuss.... cheer up ya
happy.gif

rayrachel

green> huh?? issit?? what did i say huh? hahahha... fillial meh?? my mum still think not enough..
ahahha.. as long as they'll be happy... i happy.. wont kill me.. i'll do it loh..
make everyone happy ma.. no point. i happy...they not happy..then i also life difficult.. hehe..
happy.gif

viv> nice hair.. i also love to do red hair.. but my hair color only can last 2-3 days.. dunno why.
i definitely wont do it sooo early de man... see how la.. if i happen to have a windfall.. or if i have spare... i might go highlight...
see how la....cant decide now.. hehe..
happy.gif

yah.. my red always become brown in the end.. give up man.. sigh..

Zep> you can check out my ROM bouquet.. very nice i feel..
happy.gif

YL> oh ya.. jing cha.. pray hope that it'll be BIG BIG APS!! hahaa.. :p

waxie> why do u need bouquet at nite?? i dun intend to march in with bouquet...and after i throw it away in the morning..the jiemei will get to keep it liaoz..
happy.gif

jrgal> yeah.. u have us!! dun worry!!
happy.gif
Cheers yeah!!
happy.gif

Wah... u isolate and dun reply him ah.. u are good man..and he took one week to come to ur hosue? he also good..
i make sure my HB appear on the nite itself man.. haha..just kidding...
but do share and we'll do all we can to help k!
happy.gif

fanny> wah!! $150? soo ex!! mine is $80 more i think... opss.. i better check with her again.. but i think $80 if i dun rem wrongly.
for staying back to change another hairdo...
happy.gif

I'll try to change from WG to WG..and Kua at the end to send off guests if i can.. i would very much try to change out of it..
happy.gif

Ah Net> I'm using risingstarflorist.com.sg they are very cheap.. in my opinion la.. bery neogitable also...
managed to get bouquet of 5 sunflowers at $30.. i'm getting 4.. to give to mothers during thank you speech.. + 2 godma.. mine and his...
so 4..
happy.gif

And getting 12 bouquet of 1 rose each for my jiemeis when they march in with me..
happy.gif

hehe. $2 each.
happy.gif

i think very affordable prices loh.
happy.gif

Happiness> good for ur new NuBra.. hehe.. i'll be wearing it for final fiting next week..
happy.gif

Hehehe.... but i will itch when i wear 2 consecutive days.. hehe.. but once in a while.. i wont la..
happy.gif

Stefine> went down again today..rem some changes forgot to tell Alvyn.. he said will send us the final link to watch by SUnday..any changes can just be done via email by then.. cool!!
happy.gif

Counting down 16 days..
happy.gif

sooch

hi ladies, where did you get your wine? I'm thinking of getting another 15-20 bottles only. Should I just get from the hotel for convenience (and lack of time!)? I'm not sure how much I can save from ordering from outside...any advise?

lsntyl

happiness>glad you like the nubra. I find if I use it too long, will itch a bit around the sides. Think its the sweat.

Oh ya, why you say it takes v long to dry after washing, rach? My nubra dries within a nite leh.

Lavendar>did you buy the nubra in the end?
happy.gif