(2008) Brides of year 2008

lexilicious

Hahah, thank you all for the compliments...

tinky...
recover soon! If not miss all the CNY goodies!! All the good stuff to eat.. though I should go get myself a cough, then cannot eat rubbish during CNY, good way to lose weight LoL

Ok we go Chinatown after CNY ok?! We arrange one weekend la
happy.gif
Especially after collecting angbao for the last year le
sad.gif

cyc..
My FH couldn't care less if I could cook, but I think that's because his mom can't really cook. But I did mention to him before a guy who cannot DIY stuff at home is a bit funny then we argued. I believe it goes down the same line of argument we had. Anyway what his answer was very sweet (IMO) - basically what he said was what he doesn't know (eg cooking), he can try and learn but he hopes we'll learn everything we want each other to know together la. So maybe you can consider take up cooking classes together - then he can know how troublesome/tiring etc it can be and maybe appreciate meals next timre more also.
happy.gif

sue..
it's 0.8c. I told FH he cheat by using smaller ones at the side... macham like trying to make it bigger ^^

koyoyo

hi lex,
there will be nothing nice to view at chinatown after CNY.. tat pl probably come alive most during CNY... but i dun mind meet up to eat at yum cha haha been wantin to go there n another restaurant tt wang tian cai show in adv.. I tried western medicine on my throat it didnt work but herbal tea seem to work well...
Tinky becareful pls dun drink too much.. btw, ur BLing bling really dazzling.. guess it worth waiting for...

princess_sue

hi cyc, i love cooking... but hate cleaning up haha.. anyway.. my mum dont allow me to mess her kitchen so basically i dun really know how to whip up fantastic delicious dishes.. but i can still do simple ones though. I love baking as well. hahah.. cookies, cakes... etc just made Kueh baulu on sat with my FH mum at his place.. turn out very nice.. hehe very happy about it.
happy.gif

hi lex, meet up for food at chinatown...? i wan i wan.. hahaha.. i love eating hahaha 0.8? wah... so big.. you nv ask him to top up to 1 carrot.

hi koyoyo, yum cha nice? i have never tried... heard that it is so so not fantastic, not sure about it though. but dim sum is another one of my fav.. but must control otherwise.. will put on weight again omg.. argh... food and kg are just like devils and angels. argh....

necrosis

hi pin&jie,

so did you get 2 albums worth of poses and all that?
;)

everyone jia you on all the wedding preps and don't stress too much!

~sblbee~

tinkybell,
hope ur cough is getting better now....if it's still not recovering, better go see a doc if necessary, not gd for ur asthma if u continue to cough so bad...yah lor, dat nite when u drowned d cough mixture down ur throat, it's so scary, machiam like drinking plain water sia :p
ok sure, will definitely jio u to chinatown for some wedding stuff shopping, it's kinda hard to get d guys down though my fh is willing but he's not gd at giving opinions, furthermore more ppl will enjoy better discounts :p

cyc,
sure no prob...try to find more VGs, compare their works after meeting up wif them n den decide...so u wont make d wrong choice
happy.gif
yah im looking forward to collecting my APs for d last time tis yr....nxt yr no more chance liao, have to distribute APs instead :p
oh, as for d cooking part, my fh enjoys cooking...so he'll b whipping up d dishes, he tried to impress me wif his cooking n baking during our dating days...hehe, i enjoy cooking too but wif him ard, i guz i'll juz have to do d eating...n he has to clean up d hse as well :p

lex,
agree wif cyc dat ur ring is so gorgeous...it's so vintage looking....u must b thrileld to see tis special looking ring
happy.gif
congrats again!
happy.gif

~sblbee~

lex n koyoyo,
hehehe....meeting up n eating dim sum sounds gd, i love dim sum esp prawn dumplings n d fried stuff, super sinful leh....i havent go to yum cha at chinatown yet, i like jumbo, tung lok n fortune restaurant dim sum...perhaps after tis few days as chinatown really packed wif ppl, den we can have a lo hey too :p

~sblbee~

nelle,
thanks for sharing ur tailor contact wif us! have u tried making any dresses there? how was it?

flora_bliss,
oic, thanks for telling me! hehe...hope we'll b lucky tis round but i heard d no. of units wont b too mnay...as usual
sad.gif

nelle

MeiLinG, not yet. They only open after 14 Feb so maybe I will go make one for special occasion. I think I will wear one to surprise the better half (as you can see, it's better half now, cos he may change another job that pays much more, and of course, it benefits me! :p). He is going reservist on 13 Feb (some SAF head must be date-less on 14 Feb to come up with this date) till beginning of Mar. Hahaha....

lexilicious

Ya ya...
timsum sounds really good le!

Koyoyo
I suggested going back to the GDL shop cuz the auntie there told me some of the shops sometimes cut down and put some of the GDL stuff behind so they can stock the CNY things on display. Plus she said CNY usually less people get married so she advised me to return after CNY then she would have more choices for me to see.

koyoyo,
sorry, PM now working
happy.gif

I heard Yum Cha not bad le, lotsa brides go there and do their post-ROM tea reception there heheh. So I'm sure that's an indication that the food can't be too bad ..
happy.gif

~sblbee~

lex,
yah many ppl opt for their post ROm tea reception there but same as sue, i was told dat d food there is not really fantasic but anyway it's oso for us to decide n see if it really is dat bad wif our own taste buds :p

~sblbee~

nelle,
wah...it's so sweet of u to wana surprise ur better half....hehe, wat an appropriate term for a better-paying half....hehe, hope dat mine will b a better half too so it'll benefit me as well :p if u got ur cheongsum, do share wif us d pics ok?
happy.gif

eunicet

Jas>> Do you have a budget, or certain preference? It might be quite rush to start looking now, and many of them may be booked...So just call up the hotels and find out?

I just signed for my BS package!!
happy.gif
Yays! I guess we all have certain things that are good abt our packages and not so good about others, but just as long as you're happy with what you have!
happy.gif

plasterbride

hihi pin&jie8275 ,serene, yeah...i also just realised that..haha...so coincidence...

hi babyface, i have done up a consolidation list of PG , if you want i can send this to you. i done this up that time when i was shortlisting the PG. maybe you give me your email address so i can email the file to you??? or you can email me [email protected]

Eunice >> which BS you signed up ??? ya..the most important is the experience...must have a blissful experience of trying the gown and taking bridal photos..no point having the most worthwhile deal, but they give you a poor service making you upset etc...

actually for the brides here, our wedding is in Dec...if we have booked our hotel banquet, BS, AD PG...what else do we need to do ah ???
haha...i must be a workaholic..suddenly feel like i have finished the task for the time being..can i relax now ??haha

necrosis

nelle...
hahah....
thanks for your constant sourcing for dress places!!
happy.gif

i shall embark on my diet/exercise plan first, before scaring nice sweet cheongsum ladies. ;P

oh, my BS just told me since mine is MTM, cannot have drastic weight change (haha, like that's ever gonna happen) once the first few fittings done...
is it like that??
so like my first fitting is in march, after that they wont really alter too much!??!

~sblbee~

nec,
me too, need to start a diet plan too but it nv got started :p b4 i really can squueze into a cheongsum...hehe, yah usually mtm it's better not to have drastic weight loss else it wont turn out nice after so many alterations....else it'll end up looking funnie :p

gingerbread_gal

How abt OTR gowns? Even for OTR, cannot have drastic weight changes too right? I'm thinking along the same logic as even for OTR, many alterations will somehow change the cutting of the gown?

shybride

hey moments, maybe your BS will tell you when nearer AD? when's your PS? i only been for 1 fitting so far.. :p

come to think of it, we are all June brides right? my PS is stil far away.. on 10 mar.. wonder whether it will be in time.. : /

sleepyapple

Hi yan_zi,

yeah, our VG is from Visioworkz cos kindof like their work when i saw their work during a fren's wedding, so arranged to meet up with Chris (a super friendly lady)...

I'm not sure who will be assigned to us on our AD, but i understand there's frankie and another guy (forgotten his name liao, hee).. So depending on their availability, i will only get to know when the day is nearer..

We would actually very much like to meet up with the VG, but too bad.. Perhaps we might do so once they cfm so that we can at least see how our VG look like...

U thinking of engaging them?

wenwen2112

Hi Ladies, sorry for MIA for so long. Been v busy with reno and wedding prep. I also buying silicon bra. My gown is lace sewed on skintone netting so can't sew on bra pad... will be obvious. I bought the brand NuBra, as strongly recommended by my designer. Is v ex, heartpain. BUT, the effect reali good. I am also quite flat chested, it gives reali good support to my boobs. see the photo below. Trust me, its reali worth it.
610739.jpg
can see the small cleavage ? I not v used to it actually, but many friends say it will look nicer.
610740.jpg

wenwen2112

610743.jpg
my gown from behind. not done yet, but wanna share with you all.. There will be embellishments sewed on, and the tube line is supposed to be pearl strings, so it will have the effect of lace against nude skin. Now can still see the netting bone for at the tube line.

raragal

Wow!! Nice!
Where u got the NuBra? Which shop? And how much?
Ur cleavage not small loh.... good enough le...
u wanna ur guest to nosebleed ah? Hehhee..
happy.gif

Am sure u'll look super nice in June!
happy.gif

Which BS are u from??
happy.gif

uksportgal

hi ladies,
me report from hk... already get the paper cutting for you all.. nice
happy.gif

Hello kitty guest book found but abit ex.... is abit this kind of feel.. not look the same this is just a card... but the hello kitty look similar.... might not be able to buy liao coz shop work last day tml... and shall close till new year end... and I won't be in time to get.
610753.jpg

Ang bao also bought a few for your to see..
610754.jpg

The sale of Angbao will wait till I back SG then discuss ya.. anything email I might not read all the post here
happy.gif

hapimint

Hi Ladies,

Long time no log in.... hehe I also took package in China too.... http://photos.netvity.org/KMG-Pre-Wedding

But I have another package in Singapore. Signed up with Sattine.... haha.... my friends say I high maintenance.... why got two package... but my hubby wants to try mar... China one was pretty good..

I used this photographer for my solemnisation. You want to consider? We had a rather enjoyable time... http://www.snapxot.com/

I am still pending for all the copies cos my hubby and I went to Paris after our solemnisation so just came back... Once I get the pictures then I send again?

hapimint

I guess so too.... I took OTR gowns for my ROM in my BS... hehe...

Went for fitting 3 times cos I keep on putting on weight... haiz....

Usually brides go thinner but I go bigger and I am not thin to begin with... haiz....

~sblbee~

uksportgal,
hi hi....glad to see u reporting back frm HK, yah yah d guest bk dat my fren got for me is similar to wat u have posted...thanks so much for getting d paper cutting for us!
happy.gif
hope u've enjoyed d trip
happy.gif

cordie

hi nelle...
same here, my htb also going reservist on the 11th...not sure he can come out on that day...prob will be spending it alone... hee...

hi mindy...
dun worry lah... u will slim down when the time comes...i'm also not thin to begin with... i guess, as long as u get a gown that flatters u... u will look jus great too...

~sblbee~

jac n mindy,
yah d same goes for OTR gowns....i hope to lose more weight too but i guz d more i say i wana lose weight, d more weight i'll put weight esp during tis yummy festive period :p

moments0442

hiye mornin!!

shybride>> keke... ur's 10 Mar? dun worry... someone later than u... mine is on 28 Mar.. @@ kekeke...

wendy >>> hiye...nice gown the front view.. upon completion of the back... i guess it will be really nice... =)

princess_sue

Hi UK wah live report from Hong Kong. hehe.. how is your trip? good shopping?

hi lex, well.. can always give it a try since we have not tried yum cha before. If its not good, then that will be out first and last time going there. hahaha.

Hi mei, you are right man, last year for collecting APs.. must collect as much as we can hahaha... otherwise, no more chance at all already.

tinky,

you feeling better ? got c dr anot?

~sblbee~

hi sue,
yah lor....d thing is tis is my last yr collecting APs but i wont b having a bb to collect APs back so soon, so i guz it's many yrs to giving out APs for me....so tis yr gotta collect as many as possible :p

eunicet

plasterbride>>> I signed up with Bridal Elegance...They're a small shop, at quite an out of the way location, but they've got pretty, self-designed gowns!!
happy.gif
You can check out their website: www.bridalelegance.com.sg
What I also like about their package is that instead of offering 24 poses, they offer 24 pages of photos, each page may have more than 2 poses...So that's quite different from other BS!
Anyway, you are super prepared hor...Haha, I guess that's all till you do all your photoshoots, choose photos and all of that...Plus planning for the schedule of the AD? I'm not even as prepared as you!! :D

Mindy>>> I looked at your photos...An advantage of taking photos in China huh...More greenery!
happy.gif
As for Snapxot, they're services are quite affordable...Do send the pictures for us to view!! Thanks!

xinyi_reiko

hello gals.. been mia for quite sometime.. hehe..

wendy, your gown very nice wor..

nu bra cost abt $100. i got tot of buying it and wear it together with my EG, so that my bust will look fuller.. hehe.. but end up i drop the idea.. but bought a corset for bum and tummy area.. reason is becoz i will be wear CS also.. so i wanted my body shape to look better in my CS and EG too.. hehe.. i am just vain..

apple_gal

Good morning, Ladies!!

Hi, Moments
Ya, have already booked for my outdoor PS, will be on 23rd Feb 08. I don't have multipy, maybe need to create one....
Same here, My BS also never told me abt the silicon bra.

Hi, wendy
Your gown is nice...

polarwhite80

hi cyc,
i can cook, simple food.... i cant bake... hahaha... I have been cooking at my bf place for the wkends.... his mum cant cook, so i am the 1 occupying the kitchen every wkend... kekeke....

hi lex,
ur bling bling is nice.... the design quite unique.... cos is designed by ur fh de.... 1 n only 1 in the world....

hi tinky,
pls dun drown urself wif cough mixture like that day.... scary.... heeee.... pls take care.....

cacky

Hey tinky and koyoyo, if your throat still feels sore, have you tried drinking some honey. Sometimes not good to take too much medicine coz' in a way they're like drugs also.

lex, wah ... hubby design ring for you ... very sweet leh. I also like it when my hubby use to design my birthday cards for me and hand-make them. Sometimes, these are the little things they do that shows the effort and your heart just melts huh.

meiling, yeah, sometimes, when the old folks are traditional, you can't run away from it, I also have my 'fair share' of tradition to deal with. What is the Amanda Weavers shop you talking about?