(2008) Brides of year 2008

ryu

hi captain piglet,
welcome ^^ ya seems like you've got the major items settled.

hi icyxiaozhu,
np
happy.gif
glad to help.

snowypooh

Talking about sale, just to update, John Little Mega Sale at Expo ending on this Sunday 9 Dec. From shoes, bedlinen, homewares to toiletries. Can find some great buys. Happy Shopping!

malchan

Mrs kel.. did you go Aussino? They have a few nice wedding bedsheets.. I'll be buying it this weekend with my bf...
I have a fren's cousin charging at $125/her for her PG services. I might be getting her to do my ROM. This cost is without prints though. Is it steep?
I received a mail from a PG named Luther Seow on his PG services at $250 for 3 hrs includin 100 prints. Anyone heard of him? http://www.slide.com/r/u_n8r1Xt6T-vdHC0HvLElI-8K4Fnpcjw
ROM packages
$250
100 4R Prints in slot in album
Return of all images in a CD
Luther Seow
Associate Photographer
Paul Goh Photography
5002 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 #03-11/12
Tech Place 2
Singapore 569871
tel: 6292 2722
mobile:/ 9648 7791

Shoes... I'll start shopping for mine next week.. Hope to find lots of bling bling shoes..

malchan

snowypooh, I was there last weekend with my bf for Sitex.. I wanted to pop into JL but the crowd was horrendous! Parking was a prob too...
Worse of all, kids running and screaming! aiyozzzzzzzzzz...

snowypooh

Hi Mal, did u manage to get any good buys last weekend at the Sitex? I was there too. Haha... practically everyday of it, except Sat.

Yah, the crowd was pretty bad last weekend especially with Sitex going on & on the last day of Sitex (Sunday) where everybody expected the prices to drop on the last day. The queues in JL were very long too, snaking from one end right to the other end. But this week will better for shopping at Expo as Sitex has ended.

~sblbee~

snowypooh,
yah lor, last time u v active in tis thread one, now seldom see u post...but glad dat u r active again
happy.gif

mal,
wah, i oso received lotsa emails frm PGs n VGs...i never heard of dat PG b4...hehe
have u gone to OG to shop for ur shoes? i may still get loe and behold :p

nectarine

Hi hi to all

I'm also a Dec'08 BTB (AD is also 27th!). Currently shopping around for wedding bands. Am thinking of customising. Any recommendations?

~sblbee~

liting,
yah dat's y im looking for options as to how to get a flat faster but resale too ex for me liao, smore it's old
sad.gif
if not, juz have to stay at my place for d time being :p thanks for ur well-wishes! will update u on my status...hope to b a flat-owner real soon....

mage

My dialect also teochew. Most probably will use AP to represent most of the stuff. Think MIL will want those basin, towels, mugs, baby bath tub, pair of bowls + chopsticks + spoons etc..... Discussion is tonight during food tasting! Hope all can be modernly done too!
happy.gif

snowypooh

Meiling, hehe... I'm not active lah & don't intend to be active. Just drop in once in a while so u gals won't forget me lor. Haha... This thread can be quite addictive you know.

Maybe cos still got a long way to go until AD & my ROM was over so I don't feel the excitement yet for now. Now anxiously waiting to hear from HDB on the keys collection.

my_big_day

Hi all BTB, Im Mar Bride too. Im oso about the same satge lor. Sourcing for favours and will be getting my PS end Dec. Currently oso thinking abt how to DIY AP box and Jie Mei's corsages.

snowypooh

Anyway, this was what I bought from Sitex last weekend.
576356.jpg

32 inches, S$799, model: 32A3000E

Quite a good buy, I guess. Was deciding between Samsung (for it's attractive appearance, curvacious design & the blue light at the bottom) and this (for it's hard panel and parts from Japan). Anyway, Samsung 32" was a good buy too. Outside was selling like S$1299 & it was going at $899 at Sitex. Last day even dropped until S$849.

Planning to use for new house (either for living room or masterbedroom, still undecided yet).

malchan

snowypooh: we got a good deal for WD 750gb HDD.. hahahha...

Mei: I'm going to see the shoes next week.. I like the shoes from loe & behold too.. How much do they cost on average?

whiteswan

Hi all

I am Malaysian (not JB side). But HB is S'porean. Therefore lots of culture different. Really hard to compromise. Sob sob
sad.gif

~sblbee~

snowypooh,
yah true, this thread is indeed addictive as i have to report here faithfully everyday :p aiyo, at least u can look forward to ur flat...i dun even have a flat to speak of n oso many things to buy for home n deco...for me, i dun even feel like an chuang etc
sad.gif

wat brand is d TV u bought? looks gd
happy.gif

mal,
i really feel like taking pics of d shoes dat i tried on but i scared d salegal thinks dat im weird :p i think d price of d shoes start frm $89.90
happy.gif
i think 3-4 pairs of those can buy 1 pair frm paradox liao :p

stnov

tris....now a lot of ppl prefer to go for simple way out to avoid the hassles...further to dat not many ppl noe how to follow all d traditions....=)

stnov

sleepycat.....lucky ger u...it's a huge relieve for not having to go thru GDL....like ur way of putting it....super super modern....kekeke

mage....teochew will require more stuffs like wat u mention....best will be use AP to represent all....=) would ur fetching bride timing be super duper early too??

wendily

I also dun want to do GDL.. my mom and mom in law also quite chin chye one leh.. they only do because everyone is donig.. LOL

My mom tell me she don't even know what is in GDL, she only know pig trotters, soft drinks, cakes, and xi dian jing.

snowypooh

Meiling, hehe... sorry forgot to include the brand. It's Toshiba de. Yah, last time when preparing for my ROM, I also post everyday. If miss one day, will whole body uncomfortable.

Talking about shoes, Far East Plaza has many shops selling nice shoes. Can get more glam ones (with bling blings) from Anna Nucci (hope I get shop name right). Prices around S$40-100+, made with Swaroski crystals.

apple_gal

Good day, Ladies...

Hi, Selina
Wish you all the best for your PS today..
happy.gif

Hi, xinyi
Saw your multiply, your heel of your shoe is how many inches?

itipit

Hey Esther, happiness and icyxiaozhu

Thanks for your ideas. Basically my heart is with margaret but pocket wise, Julia seems to be a better choice. I can see a lot of you are getting most major things ready. I've yet to confirm anything except my venue. haha... So busy at work these days. Think can only really start doing things in January. What's worse is that my boyfriend is working overseas...

~sblbee~

snowypooh,
yah lor, alst time we used to tok online everyday, now everybody so buys, hardly got d chance to chit chat
sad.gif
yes yes, there r some nice shoes at far east's anna nucci....can go there n find too
happy.gif
koyoyo was there recently...mayb u can find out more frm her? :p

anabellegirl

Hi All, I am arrange for food tasting at the end of the month and will be taking my PS on this coming Sun... so excited... Wah... it's seems like I have quite a lot of things pending to be done...

Hi poopy, I am ok to meet up for drinks or dinner to discuss and share infos...

praisey

Finally one thing settled since 2 mths ago...

Ami - 5 July 2008 / Furama Riverfront / No BS yet
Winwin - 6 July 2008 / Grand Copthrone Waterfront / Bridal Zone
R&J - 6 July 2008 / Novotel Clarke Quay / Sophia Wedding
Gloomybear - 6 July 2008 / Four Seasons Hotel / No BS yet.
Praisey - 6 July 2008 / Marriott Hotel / No BS
Piggypang - 06 July 2008 /Marina Mandarin / Whitelink
MT - 12 July 2008 / Marriott Hotel / Thomson Wedding Design
qunqun - 13 July 2008 / Grand Copthrone Waterfront / Yvonne Creative
BBIguana - 14 & 19 July 2008 / Changi Village Hotel(ROM) & Marriott Hotel / Flamingo Bridal / Linn Kong Photography
Nehoc - 18 July 2008 / Oriental / Julia Wedding News /Plushphotography[ROM]Oneeyeclick[AD]
S'rene - 19 July 2008 / Peony Jade Restaurant / Elegance Wedding Collection (JB) / Snapxot Photography
Vividz - 20 July 2008 / Novotel Clarke Quay / J&M
De_princess- 20 July 2008 /The Arts House & Marina Mandarin/ Silverlining Bridal Couture
Jule - 25 July 2008 / Raffles the Plaza / Yvonne Creative / EmOti0nPix
berry_egg - 26 July 2008 / Peach Garden @thomson plaza / Di Gio
Flauntiq- 26 Jul'08/ No banquet / French Bridal
Stef - 26 & 27 July 2008 / Novotel Clarke Quay / French Bridal
Ling - 27 Jul 2008 / HIPV / My Bridal Room

princess_sue

hey tinky... shopping.. yeah! i love shopping.

bedsheets.. i love aussino bedsheets.. in fact i bought my wedding bedsheets there during the sale the last time.. for king size.. about 40+ after discount . :p

cordie

hi meiling
wah..very exp leh...but good location mah...if thats like the highest floor pricing then get the lower floor lor...maybe can get 400k (hope so)but 400k stil very exp lor...

hi liting
yah...there are pros and cons of stayg with in-laws lor..anyway i jus psycho myself that i only go back sleep...weekend will go out...see less of them should be ok...hahaha and it really save money...

raragal

Wah.... seems like most BTB are having their PS soon.. Mine is scheduled in Mar leh...
happy.gif

Would that be too late?? Mmm...
1st fitting only 27 Dec....
Seems like its gonna be rather rush ...

Which BS are u all from?
happy.gif

koyoyo

yo i am gog loe & behold tomo nite to check out the shoes... anyone wanna join me just call me or pm me..
sue ,
I am thinking of aussino for bedsheet n quit but i heard it more worthy buyin when there is a sale.. sigh i didnt get my shoe or anything in my list but i enjoy myslf tucking to jap food n chit chat..
btw, maybe due to post here.
I have been eating korean stone bimba (not sure the spelling) rice on stone bowl for 2 days in a row ..omg craving for korean food now

flora_bliss

btw gals, I very confused about the payment required for DBSS leh. Got 5% option fee and 20% downpayment. All these are cash out of our own pocket? Cannot use CPF? You gals got any advice?

blur_queenie

Lucky you gers, my MIL insist of having the traditional stuffs and my mum wasn't happy over it. But well, get it once and be done with..there is nothing i can do.

mage

stnov, the auspicious bride fetching time for is between 5am to 7am but I'm not going to follow that ... its way way too early! Lots of surcharges incurred! Will go with the next best time of 7am to 9am!
happy.gif

sleepycat_1

My parents dun want the traditional stuff cos they dunno wat to do with them and also my MIL dun really know wat the traditions are. So they discussed and decided that the AP way is the simplest.

I also teochew but no requirement to leave the house early on AD
happy.gif
I seem to be doing away with all the traditions...haha

chun_chun

hello girls! this thread is moving so quickly! posting entries here is really addictive! i actually feel uncomfy with not checking it every now and then! haha...

pipi, yup! i did my pedicure at Shanghai Dreams too! i bought a package from them so a set of manicure and pedicure works out to 32bucks if i dun remember wrongly. But say for manicure i need to top up another 5bucks for it.

mal, i was at Sitex too! was there on sunday (last day). was pretty shocked actually, cos there was like a lelong lelong there, with rep from each brand holding a mic and shouting out to pple to buy their products. & yesh, me & my hubby fell for it. we ended up buying a 42inch Samsung Plasma TV! arghhh... felt so much like a bit carrot kena tok by them. not sure if it is a good buy still! but we will need it for our house anyhow so nvm lah. (trying hard to console myself).

meiling, dun feel upset... so u getting a place soon?

moments0442

rach >> hiye... me planning PS also somewhere in end Feb / beg Mar... keke... i have not yet set a date for the 1st fitting... haiz.. work load in dec is much more... shifting everything to Jan... i do hope it;s not too late... =P

Do anyone have recommendation of nice heels ??

lovebytemi

Just completed my Itineary as well. Will be leaving house at only 930am for church! But still will have to wake at 530am to prepare for MUA 6am then gate crash start at 8am Groom enters at 830am and R & R plus breakfast for helpers till 930am then leave for church... =)

polarwhite80

hey gals....

this thread moving very fast sia.... dec is a busy mth for me... is my quarter end....

i am not able to attend the mani party cos is my fred's hens nite that day.... so sad....

poopa

my hb and me also teochew.. yet to get my GDL thingy... heard tat quite a lot to buy... and i'm required to leave house early... by 8am must rch my in-laws... haiz..

malchan

jeslyn: they are out of stock ah!!!!!! OMG... I din know that...

koyoyo: I want to go but I cant tmr coz I'm going with my gf to select her ROM dress in the evening...

chun chun: yes.. it was chaotic on Sunday! It took us about 45 mins just to get into Expo from the main road!

malchan

gosh.... jeslyn, you are right! Oh no.... wonder when they will have the stock again... We shld have bought it when we saw it few mths back...
sob sob...

hapimint

hihi... I just went to customize my wedding band too... I just cant seem to find one that I like....

Waiting for the end results.... haha... quite last minute because my ROM is in January then AD in dec... so january need to use liao....

sealy_me

I'm very lost now. Is like dun know where to start.

Anyone can give me a list of what needs to be completed by now.

Below is what I have done so far:
1) Compilation of the guest list ( but not the seating arrangement)
2) Sourcing for wedding favors
3) Sourcing for caterers (but have not make reservation)
4) Sourcing for wedding cakes (but have not make reservation)
5) Selection of march-in songs
6) Finalize AD dinner menu
7) Confirmation of Jie meis and Brothers

Ladies,

Any advice for MUA for moms?

That Angel Chua played me out. Increase her charges w/o informing & super attitude some more. Said, her friends told her to increase her charges as it is very cheap & if I dun like her arrangement, I can look for other muas. She doesnt mind.

Wah kau... what kind of attitude is this?

pinkybtb

hi BTBs

Did you guys manage to get a home of your own already? After balloting for sooooo many times i still cant get my dream home and its driving me nuts. Heng thing is i still can stay at my mum's place. But still like a place of our own when we hv our customary...

leejeslyn

ya...me too waiting for their stocks to arrive!
sad.gif
heard frm the staffs that the bedsheets will onli arrive 3-4 mths lata...sianz...