(2006) Brides of year 2006

lipstar

llina: I attended wddg at MM, find that the service and food not bad.
But then again, if you ask me, I am very easy going with food. There are many food where I went "Wah! nice!" but HB said "ok" only.

In fact, I worked in MM once as banquet waitress while I was studying!
300038.gif
But stopped after that one night, because miserable pay $30 and my arms were aching like hell. I really don't have the strength to carry so many plates.
300039.gif

Hazel: Ohh... I see.
biggrin.gif
My quotation above includes tiles for kit flooring.

M&M: Take care, enjoy yourself and hope you have a great time!

Idyll: Same here! If you go to IKEA on weekends, sure crowded like sardines in a can.
rofl.gif
I told Hb about the sale but he is not that enthusiastic to go. We may be getting carpet to put below the pool table as ID advised. Flying pool balls do not a happy floor tile maketh.
rofl.gif

Also may get pool table lights from there too.

lipstar

Speaking of wardrobe, yesterday we went back to the shop "sengkwong" at IMM. First time we encountered them was at an exhibition at EXPO. This very friendly lady spent a long time explaining things to us.
Yesterday when we went, that lady wasn't in. One lady was serving a customer. We stood and looked at the wardrobe display for quite long. Then after her customer left, she saw us, but didn't come and serve us!
After a while, we walked to another part of the shop, a lady customer went to the wardrobe display where we stood earlier on, and the lady went to serve that customer!
I told hb the lady didn't bother to serve us. Hb also noticed, and well, we decided not to give her the sale then. Snobbish salespeople. Just because we wear T shirt and jeans, and look young, they can't be bothered to serve us.
300046.gif

That's why we don't ever dare to enter branded boutiques like Chanel, because we really cannot afford.
rofl.gif

Another tip
If you go to exhibitions or even their shops for furniture, and the sales staff told you the promotion price only til today or tomorrow, most likely they're lying. They just want to make you purchase on the spot. Because humans are like that, if you let them go home and think, they may come across better deals or they may become less eager to buy. So they force you to commit.

The bed we bought a month ago is still sold at the same "promotion price".
300047.gif

Usually, impulse buys, after being threatened by their "promotion only til today" are regret buys. Sigh...
300048.gif

lipstar

Aiyah... very very paisei.
300052.gif
Still no picture of kitchen because we forgot to bring digital camera. Every Sunday morning is a mad rush to go to church. Because of Hb's procrastinating habit, he may be awake long ago, but he only starts preparing fifteen minutes prior to going out, and I have to help him get his things like his hp, wallet, watch and ring. So totally slipped my mind until on the bus.
uhoh.gif

sushibella

hi bcube & all march brides,

was in this forum for some times but only realised there is this thread! :p

I m a March 12 bride *Wink* at Bcube.
Dinner Venue: Grand Shanghai
BS: The Wedding Present
Studio/ Outdoor: Utopia

Balance not settled :p

marnie

M&M : Have a good, fulfilling and safe time in Korea!! See you in about a week!

Lipstar : I totally agree with you about the alleged "promo prices". What bollocks right? Sometimes, I just sarcastically tell them back on the spot when I know it's still going to be promo in a month...The look on their faces then are priceless!
biggrin.gif

lipstar

Idyll: Really feel very bad for my no-show yet again. Hope you didn't wake up and hop onto the pc to anticipate pictures of my kitchen. This coming week, on a weekday, we'll be meeting the ID to show and tell him the defects and unsatisfactory parts, so <u>hopefully</u> can get pics by this week.

I have already asked Hb to go and ascertain the position of the camera and check if there is battery, so that on the day itself, don't have to search high and low for the camera.

I will go and make a reminder in my hp now, to remind him to bring camera.
proud.gif

tanel

okay ladies, i cannot keep up. i spent 30mins reading all the posts i missed out and i got very lost.

Marnie: try tube? i think 'thunder arms' can look good in tube top too. I have seen those makeover shows and some of the bigger size ladies look awesome in tube top. Try lah!
happy.gif

Hazel, lipstar: your accounts of the reno works have been informative and entertaining! I can join in to this discussion-finally! We have visited about 4 IDs and awaiting for their quotes while we search for more. I am thinking of getting contractor instead-cheaper.
Hazel: $30k is ALOT! You still need some cash for the furnitures right? I am thinking of getting homo tiles, but i read some comments about cleaning, so now i am wondering if i should use ceramic instead, cheaper and easier to clean lei. decisions decisions!!
Lipstar, pray tell me your ID contact- so that i dont go and find him! hehhehehe

marnie

Lipstar : Aye...no worries lah..I just want to kaypoh kaypoh see your house.....especially the kitchen...You take pictures in your own time, k?
happy.gif

EL : Quite afraid to wear strapless wedding dress. Haven't really thought about it though I usually wear spaghetti dresses for dinners (but I do put on a shawl!). Maybe I just try try at the BS one day and just see how it looks on me....
lol.gif

But I think my heart is set on a V neckline...so, gotta go with my heart...
biggrin.gif

asura

hi lovebug,

think "An chuang" is suppose to be a few days or weeks before the wedding. Cos got to put some stuff on the bed for a week or so. (not sure about the procedures yet, too early)

partner

Hi all,

I planning my big day in Nov 2006.

Currently, still sourcing for BS &amp; my banquet.

Could i chk how many photos provided are considered ok. Cos i really got confused. My friend told mi usually the BS will provide 41 potrait photo &amp; 1 big &amp; small phot album. The rest will be chargeable. Is that True???

partner

Sorry should be 1 potrait photo &amp; not 41.....

Hi all,

I planning my big day in Nov 2006.

Currently, still sourcing for BS &amp; my banquet.

Could i chk how many photos provided are considered ok. Cos i really got confused. My friend told mi usually the BS will provide 41 potrait photo &amp; 1 big &amp; small phot album. The rest will be chargeable. Is that True???

icebubbles

hi chobits,
i nv decided yet... went ted wu show today at fullerton but still wanna take a look at amanda lee again before deciding.

ooshie,
can share with me wat u hv heard on AL?
perhaps, email me at [email protected]

went twp that day and patrick was the one showing me the gowns. he's friendly and does not put up any airs =)

lipstar

EL: How is new job going for you? Would you advise changing jobs at this juncture, what with having so many things to overlook, like WG, EG, flowers, banquet, church prep, renovation.. etc?

Idyll: No harm leaving your options open. Go to the BS and try a tube dress.

Sometimes it is good to go with your heart, but sometimes it might also be good to try out something different.

Just like for me, for the flat, some things I stick my gun, die die want my way, like the white top for kitchen cabinet. It turned out very nice and I liked it a lot.

But some things also turned out not bad after trying out something different like the wall colour. I have always been very conservative in paint colours, never one to like dark colours as I always feel that dark colours make a room look small. So initially there was a wall I wanted light grey, but ID said dark grey would be nice. I was sceptical, so he said he will paint dark grey and if we don't like it, he paint back light grey for us foc. So we agreed. In the end dark grey looks nice.
300087.gif

ooshie

Hi Ericia!

Welcome!i also tawt of 20/06 but coz its tuesday i scared too early in the week will have weekdays blue .... mine is thursday but nearer the weekend so i tawt will be slightly better hehe but yet again if they are sincere, they will definitely make it to the dinner!

cant remember about AL but one of my friends told me .... but if i not wrong nothing serious actually most importantly how you feel about the boutique lah .... since you went for the show at fullerton, they should be having a good deal ?

kaye

lipstar, dun jux taken kitchen photos...
take other parts of yr hse too..

EL,
I customized alot of things.
in the end, I remove a few items..still ve to pay $26K+
*sigh....
dunno what else to cut..

kaye

EL,
what did U learn abt the cleaning of homo tiles?

Lipstar,
which brand of mattress did U buy? &amp; how much...
I tested sleepmaker, the sales said its like the Sealy Crown Jewel...but the feel is different

did U see the booth near the entrance where it sells platform bed &amp; microfiber bed + customised wardrobe...the bed cost abt $980. I quite like it.

m&amp;m,
I would be missing U!!

lilic

hi joy

i have emailed you tucky's pricing.. but i suggest you may want to contact him directly (email him or post in his thread under the photographers) for his latest pricing details... coz i understand he has some promotions going on currently... no worries, he doesnt hard sell...

his prices are ala-carte... you pay for wat you want... so there isnt really a defined package price to speak of... enjoy your search..

lilic

hi ladies

i have finally settled my AD venue... purplenic, for your updates...

Date: 15 dec
Banquet: The Fullerton Hotel

so happy.. hee..
kao_biggrin.gif

lipstar

EL: Emailed.
happy.gif

Hazel: Ok. Tmr meeting ID, and already instructed Hb to put camera into his bag. So should be able to get pics. Ok, I will take more pictures.

Bought Simmons mattress with pillow top, but not from beautyrest series. $999.

Booth? You mean at Expo? We didn't go to Expo lately. We haven't tried Sealy mattresses before. Hb and I both blur blur one
crazy.gif
. We tried Simmons and King Koil mattresses at Robinsons once. We can't really tell any difference. Just that I know I like with pillow top, cos it feels softer.

maez

hi lilic, can i have tucky's pricing as well?

hi bb, have u gone to silhouette n ted? im thinking of going this weekend.. if have package details can share?

thanks all!

preci0usm0ments

hey lilic,
congrats!! finally got a dec date after waiting so long!! eh.. so sorry i din make it
sad.gif
KO whole of yesterday
sad.gif
make up to you and zen another day ok?

next is BS for you hehehe good luck!!!

preci0usm0ments

<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2">Nick</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dinner venue</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Church/Solemnisation</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">BS</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">PS Photo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD Photo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD Video</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Lovenest</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Email</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Jesmine</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">07 Jan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Shangri-la</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Shangri-la</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ted Wu</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky's</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky's</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Strathmore Ave</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Zen</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">14 May</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Little Bali</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Kai</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pentaserve</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Christopher</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AMK</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">prinzess55</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">01 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Veil</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bedok</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">maez</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">01 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">angeldust</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">02 Dec (Malaysia) 17 Dec (SG)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Conrad</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Neptune Theatre Rest Function Room</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Veil</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Chris Ling</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">HweyHwey</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Kai</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Image Garden</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bedok</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Ivy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Club Chinois</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA &amp; Daylight</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">BoonLay</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Kyrie</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Shangri-La</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Eulee</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pinnacle@Duxton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">TinTin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec (Wedding) 10 Dec (Party)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Marriott (09 Dec) Holland Park (10 Dec)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">St Vincent De Paul</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Silhouette</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fabian Lim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Holland</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">JK</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pan Pac</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Summerala</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">10 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Rasa Sentosa</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Everbliss</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Everbliss</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AMK</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">chomecc</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">15 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Amara</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Lilic</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">15 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fullerton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky's</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">East Coast</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Purplenic</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">21 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sheraton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Altivo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Silverlining</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Montage</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">John from ChrisLing</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sembawang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">[email protected]</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">BlurBlur</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Gazebo Lawn in Raffles</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Divine Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Andrew Choi</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AMK</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></td></tr></table>

Latest Update on : <font color="0000ff"> lilic </font>

chipdale1910

Hi popie, gd morning.
Ya,well if u dun mind, we can meet at JP for dinner or Kopi.Where are u working? Me work at JE,toh guan.
If u are keen, we can really mt up for a chat &amp; discuss our preps? Jus give me a date &amp; time tat u're availble, we shall mt?
Btw, the others seem busy,have not get d chance to chat wif them.

popie

morning chip!
yes. dun mind. but i am kinda packed this week n next. i m involved in NDP. hehe. can we meet after national day?

yah. no one other than us came into this thread. *wave* anyone out there?

kurera

Gers..anybody heard about Sattine? Although it's at t.pagar..the photos are not bad leh..I went down once with my girl friend who was sourcing for BS in Jan this year. diidn't manage to check out their rates...

FH said still early want me look around..but I think he now lmore convinced after seeing the works of shirley(Flam) and other BS..KEK KEK KEK..now I have 2 more BS to check SAN and SATTINE.. before I confirm which BS I want. ;p

iceglacier

Cat, Hee hee.. glad you mamaged to talk your FH around abit.. crossing my fingers for you!

Wah.. something wrong with my IE or gmail.. cannot seem to enter.. I can see the gamil alert keep tellin me that I've received mail from you but i cannot read it!

lovebug

hi Ooshie,
Thanks for updating the details =)

-----------
hi Asura79,
Oic... so you'll have your church wedding first before the banquet.

As for me,I've yet to have a buddy couple assigned to us, in fact, I'm still waiting for the priest to confirm his availability to celebrate my wedding. Who'll be your celebrant?
-------------

Hi janf,

woah! dat's fast to have your PS done already. I've also heard from my galfren that PS session is very tiring, but those are gonna be memories to keep, so worth it lah hehe.. =)

I've yet to confirm on my gowns, coz both my gowns are gonna be MTM, and I'll be going for their next bridal show to check it out for more of their new gowns before concluding on the design.

I've yet to know who'll be my PG &amp; MUA, but most prob will be kit and lynn, (i think so...)
------------------

Hi FairyLoh,

I've gone for MPC. It will take up your 6 Sundays, but after the course, I think it's pretty worthwhile and actually felt glad that we go for it. I reckon EE is a crash course session, with lots of communication involved between the couples. But for MPC, despite of the lots of communication involved, in fact it give us more time and thoughts of how and what kinda marriage we wanna propose for ourselves.

Ultimately, the objective of the either course is to teach how to have a happy and blessed marriage. So it's very individual to decided which to go for. Just go with open mind and enjoy the sessions =)
-----------------

Geez.... my longest post ever... hope I didn't bore any of u here and that I do reply with the correct respond hehe... hope that helps =)

For those who had email me for the mass booklet sample, I'll mail it to you asap. =)

cheerios!
lovebug

recca

Hi Greekgal and magical,
I am taking replacement meal lor. So far so good. I still get normal meal in weekend and replacment in week day lor.

trina_wys

Hi joanne!!

first of all.. welcome!!
happy.gif

for photos.. the average is 1 portrait.. 30 album photos.. er.. 24 x 4R photo (4 poses)..

i think that this is the norm that the BS usually offers.. however.. u can still negotiate for more photos though...

the rest of the photos will usually cost about $60 - $80 each.. so it can come up to quite a fare bit should u decide to top-up more photos..

trina_wys

Hi baby..

u're welcome.. but for the AD photographers and videographers.. some of them do take bookings now.. so u've got to check with them whether they are open for bookings or not.. but most do not accept it yet..
happy.gif

chipdale1910

Ok,so u're involved in NDP?so what are u performing in NDP?
Alright, we can mt after NDP.U jus tell me when are u available? U also have to accompany ur BF, rite?
Btw, jus curious! U rom already, rite?
Any photos to show me?

Hey everyone! Hope to chat with u all for ur wedding preps.

akoyo

Hi all, finally settled on my banquet venue - Merchant Court. Hhaha, after all the negotiation for perks. Another major item off the list. Have also changed the honeymoon venue to United States. Currently planning for the itinerary. Anyone interested in going west coast of US ? Think should take the opportunity to take a super long holiday. Tsukushi, pls help to update. Thanks thanks.

sel

Congrats Snowangel for settling your BS!
So Cat still hunting? Ya, agree your side profile very nice, so you know which angle, can advise the photographer during your PS!! hehe

Hey gals,I wanna go find a master to calculate dates. Any recommendations?

Pearly, think you mentioned that your ROM gown was done by Dang? How much was the package like?

lipstar

Afternoon ladies: BIG NEWS! I have formally tendered my resignation without a job!
300191.gif

Actually, last week I have already given the letter to my manager, but she asked me to reconsider, and can talk to my boss about pay increment.
I was briefly tempted by the pay increment, but I am becoming depressingly unhappy
300192.gif
.There is no point in staying and making myself so miserable.

Moreover, I have done the sums. HB's CPF is more than enough to temporarily sustain the entire monthly mortgage loan.

shelyn

Hi all,

Juz to chk... when are u all taking your photo shoot huh?? Mine was originally 7 Sept but i changed it to 30 Nov... do u think it will be too late??.... I'm a bit worried that my album wont be ready on time... my AD on 18 March ....

U all think it's ok??

pearlyshell

Hihi Sel,

I went seek You Long Zi Master to get my dates. Maybe you might want to consider. He very famous lah and to get to see him, you have to fix appt and somemore he only see customers for on specific time and day only.

Yup, Dang did my ROM gown. I took the pkg I think was ard 600 which includes a MTM simple dress, makeup and hand bouquet. I top up abit more cos I did a gown with french laces &amp; emboidery.

Cat,

How is the pkg like with Flamingo?? Yes, Sattine is one of my choice too. But not too sure abt their pkg cos had yet to check out on them. But I went to the Her World wedding show at Intercon and saw their fashion show..quite nice.

kurera

Yah..I still hunting man...;p

Yah..I will be having alot of side profile donw on my PS..man..kek kek kek..

For auspicious date, I not sure about it cos MIL did this for me..maybe other gers can help? ;p

Hi Pearly, Flam package has 3388 whicd does not include flowers and car decor and no car. The 4388 package includes:

MTM WG (rent)
MTM EG (to keep)
MTM suit
Bridal car decor and bouquet AD/PS
Corsages
Bridal Make up/hair styling
4 sessions trial, studio, AD and evening
No car

Photgraphers include either:
1. The edge
2. Lynn Kong
3. Utopia

*All 3 have different inclusions

Seriously, I am quite keen on Sattine package..too.