(2005) Brides of year 2005

tarepanjo

Hi ladies,

Stars : I agree it's beta to sign up during their roadshow...so i shall see whether they hv roadshow ard Nov-Dec period...but i m not worry cos i will state my frenz name & look 4 the same co-ordinator...they should b able 2 give face...most impt is tat u must b gd in ur bargain skills...then u can hv extra perks...kekeke...

I likes their MTM EG & WG...

actually, i oso thk 1 videographer is enuff...some couple dun even engage a videographer...i thk initally we will view it very often...but after sometimes...i thk we might just leave it aside 2 store dust...kekeke
wink.gif

i thk wat sweet mention is 1 videographer will b over at her hb side 2 film how they get ready...normally, if oni 1 videographer..the videographer will oni film the bride side...actually, guy nthgs much 2 see cos they dun nd 2 make up...hahaha...

I go by the style of the photo taken (feeling)...if u prefer to hv story telling kind...then journalist style will b suitable 4 u...i like to see every pcs of photo clearly...that why I choose CF Tien...all the photo that he capture is clear & sharp + he oso add abit journalist...he din left out anythgs & pple pose 4 him...journalist style is capture in a more artistic manner...some photo got blur background...

standard package is ard 300 pcs printed (can be by film or digital camera, master copy of cd return to u...depend on individual photographers..some charge more & some lesser...ranging frm $500 to $1K++

Hi Germ,

Go by ur feelings...follow by whether u can click with the person...budget to consider & the timings as well...

Hi Noah,

Welcome...there are alot of us here 2 share info & ideas....

sierra

great advice from all
happy.gif
thanks

i'm keen to keep it within the frens or family becos at the end of the day, those photos will be ending up in the store room :p

i feel the process is more memorable and valuable. photos will serve as reminders
happy.gif

dazednconfused

Gee Wizzzzz.....
Looks like I'm way behind in my preparations! The rest of you are so "on the ball"! But then again, we're not planning to have a dinner banquet... Just something nice (hi-tea or perhaps lunch) for close family and friends. Maybe a party at a later date with friends and colleagues...

Does anyone know of a nice venue for solemnisation and hi-tea/lunch??? What are the charges like? I'm hoping to hear via word-of-mouth before I pick up the phone and enquire with them. Thanks!

zoeanne27

Hi Pigger

Congrats on your ROM and sure you have a memorable day.

Its ok. No problem. No need to apologise
I went to JB already and book a package with New York Classic Bridal

blush

little_ger, benny's AD package is $2300. if you pay $500 more, he will do up nice montages using 85 of the best photos (otherwise, it's just enlargement of 20 best photos). this looks quite arty-farty type. so total is $2800. i saw my friend's one, and i really liked it. if you are taking him for PS as well, there is a discount on the AD package.

tou2

Hi ladies.

Need some guidance. What do we do for the GDL? What is needed? Do we follow the customs of the dialect of the bride's side or the groom's side?

Also, have your parents sat down and discuss abt the dowry, si dian jin, etc yet? Me dunno when to arrange leh. Expect it to be very awkward...

virgo_jenn

wow highness u use very gd phrase huh.

Ya my dinner only around $550 (gt all the shark fin,suckling pig,abalone & etc)+ adittional scenting svc per table $11-$12 + if I add in wedding favour cost $20 per table still less than $600 lor.

cottoncandy

hi stars
yup, wat tare describe is correct loh..the other videographer will capture wat the groom is doing, preparing for the big day! as hubby felt that grooms are normally neglected, so being a vain guy, he wanted some attention too...hehe..think will be veri fun! imagine tapping his sleepy face, then probably can capture him brushing teeth, then putting on his suit etc in a nice, up-beat kind of song...think will realli be fun and wacky! hehe..and during the neg part, can capture both sides loh...coz if u onli have 1 videographer, which will be stationed in the bride's house, u wldnt get to see the discussion of the xiong dis outside..so the main idea is to get a more complete overall view of everything...but if u r comfortable with 1 videographer, should be good enuff loh...=)

welcome caicai! ur exact date is when?

minky

hello ladies!!!! yeah me today no class!
biggrin.gif

hee paiseh leh... always mia one
embarrassed.gif
yah lor.. now super bz rushing for my 5 projects, 2 presentations and 2 tests...haiz.. but actually i did sneak a few peek at the forum now and then during office hrs.. jus that as usual inconvenient to craft a proper reply

anyway...

rokko: hahaa... u beri cute leh!!
lol.gif
thanx for being my spokeperson ya
wink.gif

tou & ladies: hee.. yah me confirmed using sil liaoz. gg down this fri (took half day leave) to sign up their package before their dbs promotion expire next tue
happy.gif
actually i oso find kai's gowns v nice but in the end think sil's package more comprehensive ie incl groom's suit so more convenient

yah lor.. dunno when the sep bridal mag be out hor.. me oso everyday lunch time walk past mama shop see whether the mag out liao or not

btw wat is GDL? hmm.. think maybe the guy's side initiate the meetup better right? my parents and his met up once alr some 3 mths back... think they said no need si dian jin etc.. ie keep everything simple cos they said they v "liberal" one... hee maybe trying to show that they're not that old fashion
wink.gif
btw, me teochew.. u gals leh?

rosalind: hmm.. although i wld love to join u gals this wkend, need to stay home and revise for my test the coming mon
sad.gif
u gals hv a great time and do rem to update us k
wink.gif

jnj

Josie,

haben really sign up with alvin. i just paid a deposit to get the date so that nobody can book on that day....hehehe....as for signing of the contract, will sign and pay the full deposit during the fashion show on 16 oct. But i have already confirm that i will be choosing concorde.

Jelly,
I have PM u the details already....
happy.gif

Serria,
actually its ok to get fren to help too...i have a fren who has been helping out all our frens to take their AD photographs...everyone has been asking him to take cos he like photography......but i choose to take up a pro one cos i try not to ask frens to help on my AD...i just want them to come n enjoy my wedding.

its really happening here..hehe....one day only so many posting liao....

Wooo....think i have to start dieting now...so that can be in shape next yr...kakaka

josie

janice ,

hmmm ..alamah like that consider sign liao hee hee ...so happy i got kakis liao ..same bridal n same hotel
proud.gif

me intending to join amore ...hahaha any interested party here ?

hope this thread will be as happening till all our big day . Oh of couse hope that agter all our big day ...this thread is valid
happy.gif

jessp

hihi.. I am also an Oct 05 bride.. will like to join you folks for discussion here.. =) My AD is on 8 Oct 05... same as Stars I think.... only about to book my hotel.. and have not started on searching BS, videographer etc... so a lot to catch up on!

ninkumput

Hi little_ger,

can i ask you something? I noticed that your ROM and customary dates are on the same date. BUt you have already got your lovenest. May i ask if it's a private apartment? Or is it a HDB?

The reason why i'm asking this is because my FH and I hope to soleminse on our customary date. However, HDB requires us to produce our marriage cert within 3 mths of key collection. If it's resale, even worse cos if we applying for the grant, then we need to produce the marriage cert on or before key collection.

May i seek your advice and anypne experienced on how to handle this?

Thank you.

garfield77

Outing for Nov 05 Brides Tread (combined outing with 2006 Brides Tread)

Date : 17 Sep 04 (Friday)
Time : 7.00 - 7.30pm
Venue : To be confirmed

1. little_ger
2. Blush
3. Garfield

Suggested Venues :
1. Steamboat @ Suntec
2. mySecret Garden @ Middle Road (Bugis)
3. Tian Tian Steamboat @ Tan Quee Lan Street (Bugis)

bluesea

hihi ladies,

My banquet @ Conrad / PS: Montage Studios / BS: Ted Wu / AD photography: Everafter
Still considering whether should engage videographer or not.

Me too trying to slim down. Currently weight 55kg. Hope to shed at least 3kg before my ROM but me too lazy to exercise. Guess should learn from u gals.
happy.gif

jellytots77

yo pigger welcome back AGAIN... but dun worry wont ask same question here.... kekeke

yo jnj received ur email liao... okie will go update the chart... wait hur...

chalris

Hi ninkumput, I'm facing the same problem as yours. But I'm ROMing in Nov04 and customary in Nov05. And the resale flat can wait for us so it's ok.
The ROM cert is to be submitted by the 2nd appt.

lorac79

Hi all babes, I'm really new here... just happen to "bump" into this website... need some advice though... where did or will you gals be taking your outdoor photography??? Am really upset when i heard that Alkaff Mansion is closed... can someone suggest some places?? thanks in advance!!

edna

Hi cai cai and Jovia|Ger
happy.gif
welcome!! more oct brides...

Hi star...how did ur frend meeting with jon goes? i changed my appt with him again! feel so bad abt it...keep changing..but cant be helped..this week seemed to have many interviews..heheh i am looking for jobs at the moment. So meeting jon on sat...hope that nothing will crop up last min again!

cu2nite

Thanks josie...your recommendation is also a great help to me...bt becoz my friends also recommend Sam from friend's friend's mouth lah.(sounds complex..haha)..so decide to contact him first...haven met him yet..he is out of town but he said will contact me once he is back...so... wait loh...
...so nice to have many ppl sharing the preparation process...n not alone..hehe!!
jelly..any gathering coming up?Know its difficult to accommodate everyone's time...but think will be cool to see bunch of gals chatting like market
...haha...
rofl.gif

ger

Welcome caicai & jessep.....

Hi Tare,

Ya, hope my instinct can lead me to the correct photographer.

Hi Gina,

Have u meet up with Yew Kwang b4? Cuz l have a friend who met up with him and commented that he dun dress well. Is it true?

jessp

Hi gers.. now starting to hunt for my photographers and videographers too, and your comments/suggestions in this forum have been quite useful.. =)

Anyway, just wondering, when you mention to check out the threads on videographers/photographers, are there any risks that the videographers/photographers themselves put up those comments?

jellytots77

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Venue</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>AD Photoshot</TD><TD>AD Videographer </TD></TR><TR><TD>mehmeh</TD><TD>03/04 Sep 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>josie</TD><TD>09 Sep 05</TD><TD>1 Oct 03</TD><TD>The Concorde</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award </TD><TD>Stanley Production</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures </TD></TR><TR><TD>judy1</TD><TD>09 Sep 05</TD><TD>27 Feb 04</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>09 Sep05</TD><TD>09 Sep05</TD><TD>Rasa Sentosa</TD><TD>Double Up</TD><TD>Sam Photography</TD><TD>Emotion Picture </TD></TR><TR><TD>jellytots</TD><TD>11 Sep 05</TD><TD>20 Mar 03</TD><TD>Orchid Country Club</TD><TD>Z Wedding D'sign</TD><TD>Yew Kwang</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures </TD></TR><TR><TD>cu2nite</TD><TD>11 Sep 05</TD><TD>20 Apr 04</TD><TD>Raffles The Plaza</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>tyng</TD><TD>17 Sep 05</TD><TD>18 Sep 04</TD><TD>Allson Hotel</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>cary</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>11 Jun 05</TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>Sliverlining</TD><TD>I-werks</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>kero</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD> 30 Oct 04</TD><TD>Fullerton</TD><TD>Blush Blush</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggersorous</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>17 Aug 04</TD><TD>Le Meridien</TD><TD>Printemps @ Citysq JB</TD><TD>Sam Photography</TD><TD>Box Set Media </TD></TR><TR><TD>snowpet</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Regent S’pore</TD><TD>Allure Charix</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>odiey</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>24 May 04</TD><TD>Grand Copthorne</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>sierra</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>Nov 04</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>The Wedding Presents</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mooshi</TD><TD>18Sep 05</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Precious Moment</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>zoeanne</TD><TD>18/19 Sep 05</TD><TD>30 May 04</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>New York Classic @ JB</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>josl</TD><TD>19 Sep 05</TD><TD> 09 Sep 04</TD><TD>Four Season Hotel (TBC)</TD><TD>Yvonne Creation</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>sihui</TD><TD>24 Sep 05</TD><TD>12 Dec 03</TD><TD>Stamford The Plaza</TD><TD>Whitelink</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jnj</TD><TD>25 Sep 05</TD><TD> 06 May 04</TD><TD>The Concorde</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>smilemelody</TD><TD>29 Sep 05</TD><TD> 29 Sep 03</TD><TD>The Chevron</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>qiqi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14 Feb 04</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Double Up</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>cristalle</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Four Season (TBC)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>jazzygal</TD><TD>30 Sep &amp; 01 Oct 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweet</TD><TD>01 Oct 05</TD><TD>30 May 04</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>Milan</TD><TD>Yew Kwang</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>11 Dec 05</TD><TD>23 Nov 04</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Parkview</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>panggou</TD><TD>14 Dec 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</td></tr></table>

mooshi

hey josl, got appt with 4Seasons on Sat. will see what "deals" they have and check with them got bridal show coming up or not.

girls, Anyone have any experience with Marriott ? They difficult to contact. Write email, never get back. Phone and nobody answer.

stars03

Hi Ladies,

Good morn
happy.gif
Hi jessp &amp; cai cai...

Cai Cai, yup my AD is the same date as yrs..
happy.gif
Finally found someone who is holding the same date as mine. :p So which hotel r u going to book? Dun worry too much coz there r still time for preparation. Guess the most impt thing is to book the hotel as there r some hotels that are already booked on our date. Have check them out b4 confirming mine.
happy.gif

Hi gina, Jon change her appointment wif her to today at nite so she let me know again...But as i be away to bangkok tonight n b back only on Sun, guess by that time u shld have met up wif Jon. I keep u posted though abt the package my friend gotten. Hers is a 2 days affair and hence package might be a little different..
happy.gif
Let me noe too if u sign up with him and if his works r as good as wat we saw in the website ya...

Tare, glad that u like the gowns u saw from Golden Horse Award..main thing is to feel comfortable with the BS and of course like the gowns...Hee hee.. We girls very vain one so the gowns r very impt to us :p

blush

ninkumput

i think you can write in to HDB to request to defer submission of cert. as long as you can prove that you have plans for a wedding. eg. contract with hotel, booking with JP etc

i have heard of this being done. but usually the deferrment is only a few months. not sure if they will allow defer one year.

little_a

hi ninkumput,
my flat is still under construction and will only be ready in 2006/2007. will be staying with my in-law after AD. So i dun encounter such problem.

If i am not wrong, i understand that if you are able to produce receipts indicating that you are planning for ur wedding...HDB might be able to defer. maybe u wan to call up HDB to check.

tyng

Hi mooshi,

I went to a wedding at Marriott, but dun find the food there nice, though the ballroom appears to be quite spacious...didnt have quite a good impression there.

ccteott

hee... let me start the ball rolling first then...
happy.gif
Have anyone attended a beach party wedding at Fisherman's Village before?
I am kinda of thinking of having my wedding there...
happy.gif

little_a

decimal, joking la. :p everyone's busy.

tintin, i love fisherman's village but i worried my WG will be dirty and the weather... outdoor wedding is out for me.
happy.gif
I think it would be something different to hold ur wedding there. Must be very romantic.

ccteott

Hi dec, at the moment I am working @ The Pond but come next dec I will be lady boss
happy.gif
hee hee...

Hi LG, I have another knee-lenght dress for the beach party. Not wearing my WG there lar... can't dance at all in that bulky thing.