(2005) Brides of year 2005

ger

Hi Tare / stars,

Me find it real hard...all photographers pics looks gd. How do u know that 1 is the rite photographer for u?

vela

germ, bo lei
sad.gif
dun know what's wrong? juz asked my other forum fren try send to me and I juz rec'd her email..

cottoncandy

hi stars
i m having 2 videographers for my AD..main differences for having 2 videographer is that u get to view the happenings in the morning at groom's side too and during the neg at the "gate" part...hehe...

Welcome noah! me AB from FBO...hehe...

mei79

hi bluey & isabelle,
my designer already advise me what to buy.. so started hunting for 'it' liao... dun wan last minute cannot find then anyhow buy.. anyway i combed orchard on sat... but cannot find anything nice leh...

isabelle, robinson having members sale on 25 & 26 august... they have this Kinu 100% cotton bed set (includes fitted bedsheet, quilt cover, pillowcase, bolstercase) usual $99-149, now only $19-29!.. but i dunno the design nice or not lah...

winniepooh... my mum never say anything liao.. so i take it as ok lah

jellytots77

yo gals... wow so many post... think this thread is getting more and more happening liao...

yo josie... remember our deal hur... dun mention anything abt her of me if she happend to ask

yo jazz... so wat kind of gown u buy... those cocktail gown or wat... how much u pay...

yo jnj/kat/tan welcome aboard.... Can PM me ur details... Real name, HP no, email add, AD, ROM, Venue, BS, AD photo&videographer... oh cos im the chart updater lor... other personal details is to send via email to the rest of the gals here lor...

yo zoe... hmm... YK is quite popular here... so hv to act fast one... nbr mind maybe u can try others... i hear tat Sam Photography is not bad maybe u can check...

yo audrey... care to share how much u pay for Sam hur... quite curious to know... did he include photo collages hur... oh ya... think the Chin Leng ban this one lor... usually u can post the website the add xxx and ask us to take out the xxx lor...

yo sierra... so glad tat u hv manage to find ur banquet... think u can pass some useful info to Tan cos also like u she hvn even started anything... as for corkage... my OCC also charge me at $15+++ for per bottle leh... so how many bottles did u manage to waive off...

yo moo... so hows ur search getting on hur... u too hv not settle anything yet rite cos i do not hv any details of urs leh...

jnj

Hello!!!...so many posting here...abit blur liao....

Jelly, where can i mail u the details??

Josie,
tot u take up the package with concorde...how come u haben meet alvin before??....he is a young n frenly chap.....very confident abt the service, food n whatever things he promise to give us r in tip top condition...n i hope it turn up to what he has promised! i have Abt the same package as u.....cos of some special reason as what u have mention earlier on. i will be taking free flow beer n then buy the wine fr them.

u can email me at [email protected] too if u want to discuss more....hehehe....alvin very scare of this website....cos i tell him what perks he give others i also know...so he also must give me....kakakka

Hi Tan,
somebody teach me this tactics.....eg if u have max 25 tables....tell the hotel/resturant that u have roughly abt 15 to 20 tables....then when most of the things r confirm...tell them that u want to increase to 25 tables n thus this way if u want to get more perks fr them...its easier...((but u must make sure the hotel/ resturant can accomodate la). Neber try this before la so dunno if work anot...just that someone teach me this....

hmm.....ok gals...after settle our photograpy, hotel, BS......what r the things that we need to do next ah??.....Guo Da Li??....look for helpers?...plan schedule?...aiyo..like manythings to do hor.....

rokko

rosalind: pre-wedding photography is the one you take in studio and outdoors lor... before the wedding... AD photography is the one done on your actual day itself....

eh i like the hamster icon bery much!!!! look like my dwarf hamster last time!!! heheee

josie

janice ,

So you sign wif them already ?
hahah ...ya thst time i sign wif at the wedding show .He is not there yet as the wedding planner for concorde hahah ..

Only got to contact him throught email only hahaha ...:p

sierra

i haven't confirmed yet, juz checked with the hotel coordinator, they can either give us 18 bottles free, or 1 barrel of beer free. wine's pretty ex! $34 something per bottle, no corkage. expensive...

ya, Tan, let me know if u need any info on BS..i got more info on that. think the rest of the gals are better with banquet venues...i'm still learning on that
happy.gif

mooshi

jelly, just pm you my details.

btw, I settled BS last w/end with Precious Moment. The 3rd place I visited. Their package very attractive - quite value for $ and they show me designs for 2 hours! haha I very jialat -want to book venue instd book BS (cannot control). hope I didn't rush into this decision, anyway both sister and FH there so not so bad, got 2nd/3rd opinions.

hopefully I can settle my venue within these 2 weeks. must be more diligent! I very inspired by all your meticulous planning out there.

any AD lobangs ? can email to [email protected]

edna

Hi all
happy.gif
will keep u gers updated after meeting jon on wednesday...
happy.gif
his charges is 1000 nett... i rem he told me that he is increasing the num of printed pictures from 300 too 400! hehe i have talked to him on the phone before..he sounds like a nice guy... but need to meet him and see his works before passing the final verdict
happy.gif
if the actual pix looks as good as those on the website..then most probably will sign up with him

cu2nite

Hi to all the newbies...
proud.gif

wah man...I luv this thread...so happening..hehe!!
bounce.gif

btw..thanks a million to Audrey and Josie....got your mail..thanks for your recommendation!!!

Zoe....you noe YK is very popular here..I couldnt get him too but I recommend him to my sister-in -law..hehe!!dunno whether YK available for her wedding or not..hahaha...I m considering Sam leh...but dunno whether he available or not...waiting for his reply!!Wish me luck!!hehe!!
Yar..the idea of photo montage sounds gd hor..but I dun have much old photos to provide leh..me and hubby 4yrs together..no take pictures leh...so also no story to tell...hahaha..anyway..see wat else can be done loh...
yawn.gif

I talk to my hubby abt the JB bridal fair..but too bad he got to work leh..haiz..bo bian...got to delay the process liao...haiz...
Nevertheless..its also fun reading from you all...keeps me motivated to do my research..hehe..
Cheers!!

virgo_jenn

Tintin & Ming...

Ya that is the idea of getting them to decor & bring up the ambience for me. My banquet is held at Crown Palace Restaurant. After adding these cost in, my banquet still cheaper than hotel plus my guest can get to have nice food.

My budget is not exceeding $600 if not will not be worth while holding there already.

noah

hi Stars.. my ad is 02 Oct 05.. oredi book my banquet and BS.. now still hunting for photographer and videographer...
happy.gif

yuki_ko

Hi Rokko

OIC... I always tot pre-wedding photography would look much nicer as compared to the actual day one since actual day is normally the march-in & taking wif guests photo... R u going anywhere else to take photo on yr actual day?

II like the hamster icon alot too... so cute hor... wat's the diff btw dwarf hamster & hamster... izzit smaller? mi very ku ku when it comes to pets... can never remember the name of the diff kinda dogs... now even hamster got diff kind...
143238.gif

Thks Sharlene for the info...

bluesea

Hi gals,
I'm also a Dec bride next year. AD also on 11 Dec but wedding banquet on 12 Dec. Seems like 11 Dec really a popular date hee... My ROM will be held end of this year (same date as my AD i.e. 11 Dec)
happy.gif

chill1padi

ger, I was on Ma Guang Accupuncture couples of month to loose some fats and to tone up my body. Very happy with the result, lost inches and face to radient. So probably taking up the same thing 6months before my big day to look beautiful.

audreyyip

Hi Jellytots,

For Sam, he dun want to take any deposit but total package is only $680.00 & I can get wat I really want & wat I really like. Further more his creative is there loh...Collages he do also...But i did not order the Collages but he said he will give me Free 2 pics or 3 pics. ONe thing i must say him is that he & YK standard is the same. I went to visit YK as well but I felt he is not so pro & it seems like he is not interested to serve me,let me feel that he choose pple to serve.. Dun know why mayb now he got lots of customer go to him.....Sigh.. The thread sound so great abt him but turn out to such a disappointed...keekee mayb pples too change loh...but lucky I found Sam... I'm very satisfied w my AD Photo & AD Video....

chill1padi

I spend abt $300++ for 6 sessions. In fact the 2nd-3rd session, I see results. One thing I am glad is that i have stop about 3-4months liao, still maintained.

audreyyip

ONe thing I have to say abt Sam is that he dun collect deposit but dun wori we will have a confirmation email from him & we can keep that for future refrence....Dun wori he dun take deposit is bcoz he dun have a studio & he has no right to collcet from us is on COD terms loh... & dun wori he will play us out on AD coz if he play us out we can play him till he no business to do...But must b fair loh we cannot play him out too... :)

yming

hi Bluesea *waves* welcome!!!

yeah, think 11 Dec is a popular date - we have Tin, Blur (TBC) U n myself
happy.gif
anything to update?

vela

hihi jamie, hm..interesting! result in terms of inches lost or just on visual? can tell us more what took place on each session..duration etc?

blush

good morning all!
just a quick update. i have settled on my AD photographer - Benny Ang. little_ger, please update.

as for the outing, i am tentatively ok. but need to confirm again....anyone else can make it?

little_a

Please copy and list ur name below if you can make it.

Outing for Nov 05 Brides Tread (combined outing with 2006 Brides Tread)

Date : 17 Sep 04 (Friday)
Time : 7.00 - 7.30pm
Venue : To be confirmed

1. little_ger
2. Blush

Suggested Venues :
1. Steamboat @ Suntec
2. mySecret Garden @ Middle Road (Bugis)
3. Tian Tian Steamboat @ Tan Quee Lan Street (Bugis)

little_a

blush, i will update it tonite.
happy.gif
how much does he charge?

ladies, if u have more suggestions for the venue, please list down ya?

stars03

Hi germ,

Me also facing the same problem regarding the photographer..Hee hee..However so far i do like Jon pics from his website..but his cost is a little expensive if it is $1000 nett.. Sigh! No budget for it
sad.gif

Hey Tare,
Wat do u look for when choosing a photographer? Wat is consider a standard pack eg usually how many pics will we be given and how much?

Hi Sweet,

Thought 1 videographer will be filming the morning activities starting at the bride side and when the groom arrive, be film too and at the gate of the bride when they "negotiate"? Coz my friend use only 1 videographer and it was filmed? Me confused...
sad.gif

Hi Gina,
1 of my friend will be meeting up wif Jon today too..

Hi noah,
Which BS did u book with? N yr banquet?
happy.gif

Hey, we should maybe 1 day arrange to meet up and can chat better... :p

isa_belle

Hi mei,

Thx! =)
Think I'll go and take a look.

Yep, u're rite, cannot last min buy. Might end up with ugly shoes.
When I know the design of my gown will go and look for stuff for my footsies at once!