(2004) Brides of year 2004

silver

Hi Jan,

How much is Linn charging for additional photos? One thing gd abt hers is alot of extra perks but only 20pcs of 8R. If doing montage print, 20pcs photos will not be enough.

yvonne

Morning Ladies,

Hi Jul,
Wow wow wow... can see you are back in ACTION!!! Haa haa...so many postings from you! I dun thk i can catch up so fast after MIA for few days.... kee kee!

You gals sounds very much like bettle@work's work...! Thk I'll pop by their studio these days to take alook! I lik montage & collage album too but can be quite X hoh.

Seems lik the market rates for actual day photographing not CHEAP ya! Must tell my bf to prepare a sum of actual day PS... hee hee!

Btw, Linn is a female photographer izit?

silver

Hi Jan,
Ic. If you like her montage sure top up photos so better check.

Hi Yvonne,
We gals are always so extreme! hehehe Ya didn't know so X for actual day. Unless we take from bridal cos usually they ve their in house n charges $6-700.

Think Beetle@work should thanks me for promoting for them hahaha

jul

Hi Jan,

Wow, Linn returns the negatives. So good. I dun think I have hope of my bridal shop returning my negatives, unless I top up > 2k+. But then if I top up so much, I practically have all the photos back already, so what's the pt of getting the negatives? *sigh*

Hi silver,

Aiyah so paiseh, make ur bf do all the arrangements for me, then I didn't turn up.
blush.gif
I think I'll call him when I'm not so busy, later end up no time to go again! I have his number, so I'll give him a ring soon.

Hi Yvonne,

Yeah collages is very nice. U get so many photos pasted altogether in a photo. U shd go & see their work to decide if u like the style.

yan

Hi Jul, welcome back...
bounce.gif
how many mountains of work on your desk already???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
take care okie, dun work too late/hard.. occasionally, must come in to relax relax... i also same as you, mei ming mei fen, even during the customer

Jan, any idea how much does it cost to up size Linn's photos to 15R?

jul

Hi yan,

Still clearing my emails. So jialat man! :p

So u haven't told me what special materials u're going to use for ur gowns?

lin

hi A&W,
yeap..they help you a lot especially if you're overseas. but hor..truthfully, sometimes my WP also make mistakes here & there.

Hmm..in s'pore, it's still quite new lah. Anyway, coz, in s'pore, you can do it everything yourself as distance is not a problem. Whereas overseas, distance is a problem...even then those who hire wedding planner tend be those on the higher-ends. And it's more expensive overseas.

I have an angmoh friend getting married in january. She do everything herself also. coz, here in australia expensive. Over here in australia, they charge minimum $5000. so poor thing, her venue is an outdoor wedding at some resort area. It's like 3 hours drive from her house. So, can you imagine? In america, they charge 10% to 20% of your total wedding cost.

hmm...singapore..there's a already a few wedding planners. Quite a competition. But whether you can be a good wedding planner is another thing. And if you want to be famous, you must get those important clientele... if not nobody will know your company..right?
happy.gif
And usually wedding planners, they must have good business contacts if not, they cannot survive.

lin

hi A&W,
you mention about $1.99 store.. i tot it close down already. Read it in newspapers.. hmm...
happy.gif

yan

Hi Jul,

i understand the stress of opening the inbox and see pages and pages of red messages... even if there are out of office messages, people still like to leave tons of emails and voice mails..

not really using special materials, just maybe a bit of those more expensive ones. i just had a brief discussion with him and told him that i wanted duchess satin for my WG, and NO satin for EG, maybe taking thai silk or other materials. actually i think david will recommand whatever materials in order to bring out the designs...

lin

hi A&W,
hehe..keep forgeting what to write to you. that's why so many different postings for you. sorry!
happy.gif

i think it's good to hire a WP, however, usually the WP will go towards more angmoh style which is not prefered by the singaporeans here especially if their parents want cultures to be practicedlor. But i think hor, the next generation our children might be. Things will get modern & modern.

Like for me, i'm already frustrated with my mom for wanting to practice so many troublesome cultures. Like cutting my baby hair to identify whether i virgin or not..blah blah..

when i think of it, i think next time WP will be a lucrative business.

jul

Hi silver,
Okie, will call him. Thanks!

Hi Yan,

It's really irritating coz some pple just like to send many emails to harass us right? Super stressful man!

Well, I guess u can leave it in his hands. I saw the red EG he did for Clare on the photospace website, very nice
happy.gif
So when r u going back to discuss the designs with him?

jan

Hello!
happy.gif

Yan, not too sure how much to top up to 15R leh.. haven't called to enquire further yet.. will wait to see the bridal package first and then settle the photography...

yan

jul, i will most likely meet up with him next week to finalise the details.. as for gowns design, maybe during oct/nov time lor... need time to do research...

jan, i really fan over which photographer to use... think next week got to start on photographer shopping..*sign* just finish bridal shopping, now have to go photographer shopping...

just image i visited at least 18 BS before decided with david... hmm... i wonder how many photographers i must see before making a decision.. haahaaa...

must likely meet up with monica eng, beetle@work, linn kong, travis, and maybe have a second appointment with photospace and robin..

jul

Hi Jan,

Yeah, it's almost Aug so u can start the bridal shop visits already right? *hee* Well, update us when u start the shopping, I for one am very kpo & interested :p

Hi Yan,

I guess maybe the other advantage of all-in-one bridal shops is that things get settled very fast. Dun need to separately visit so many pple
happy.gif
Hope u dun need to visit 18 photographers tho.

doreamon

Hi Silver,

Yup, Oaks come with decor as well but i thinking of putting something more. heeee.....heeee...

Hey! U want to become freelance wedding planner? My friend and i start to do a small business on that too - EXCEPT we are onto corsages, ring pillows and wedding favors.
happy.gif
How abt we three join forces? Let me know.
happy.gif

Now, we are thinking of setting up a webpage to advertise what we have on hands first then hopefully can get some business.

SO all gals here, do remember to think of me when want ring pillows or wedding favors or corsages.
biggrin.gif

yan

i really dun think i got the stamina to visit so many places... bf need to seriously start on his course revision already... if not year end exam fail, then he blame me..

jul

Yeah, I'm also xian of visiting photographers already. Now it's time to move on to IDs. Will shelve wedding plans for the whole of Aug, just to concentrate on the hse.

Hmm.. guess ur bf really gotta think abt studying soon. Thank God exams days are over for us
happy.gif

ivory

Hi silver

kekeke.. long time no see ah… nothing to contribute so din drop any note as often liao
happy.gif
actually I trust my hubby lah, if he say no problem then no problem lor.. wedding is a happy occasion, if this date dun have then choose another date lor.. if have to wait then have good date then wait lor.. its just a ceremony to inform ur frens n relatives u are married
happy.gif
something I can do without but my hubby say it’s a must to have banquet.. so I let him do all the things lor.. me just take care of the bridal can liao..

hi Lin,

hee… to me if my MIL wants to help out its okay lah, she very nice lady n oso quite sayang me
happy.gif
she did offer to pay for us, but we turn down her offer cos we feel its their hard-earned money, if we really want to have the banquet, then by hook by crook we will come out with the money.. of cos if really very limit liao, then she will chip in the balance lor
happy.gif

im not so worried abt good dates or not lah… my hubby more concern so I just sit back n wait till he got a date then we proceed from there lor.. very flexible one lah
happy.gif
y be so stress
happy.gif
take it easy n I find things go ur way more easily
happy.gif

mayb bcos u are overseas so u more stressful lor… relax relax.. wait u come back SIN face all shriveled up liao then not nice liao
happy.gif
but u have WP not bad lor, though mayb troublesome have to double check details, but preparations is still ongoing mah
happy.gif

hey A&W Wendy, silver

u got the same plans as my hubby!! he sees WP as one of the potential biz too
happy.gif
can join venture liao lah
happy.gif

wah doreamon

u started ur biz liao ah…. so happy for u
happy.gif
if u need more help to do ur corsages, ring pillows, wedding favors , can look for me lor
happy.gif
I like to do craft work
happy.gif
makes me very happy if I produce beautiful things
happy.gif
must remember me wor..

lin

hi Ivory,
yah me at first stress becoz have to entertain my mom's needs..all those cultures and at first her big guest list. And then, all the kepo relatives which my mom have been telling me..all these through overseas phone call...sigh. And then my MIL who not happy when invite her husband's siblings coz they quarrelled. Then have to entertain her demanding allowance while saving hard for the wedding.

But now, feel better becoz can throw my sorrows at WP.
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

doreamon,
how come no invite me... hee...got lobang also let me know! I am into flower related stuff & crystals accessories. I have experience in helping my friend to do up the church deco before.

Cheers.

doreamon

Hi rabbitwsk,

SO i see...sure no problem! Must advertise your service mah. How abt we meet up to discuss more in details? Email me at [email protected]

happy.gif

Hi Ivory,

Sure, will always keep u in mind! Got expert to help.
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Not nice to advertise mah... Hey I email u before and u even ask me for proceduresof corsages, remember! U mention u going to try this week... Maybe u forget me liao aft the advise?

Cheers

doreamon

HI Rabbitwsk,

Yess!!! YEsss!!! I forgot abt it. So pai sei, no wonder i keep feeling your nickname very familiar. No lah...don't like that said me mah...all the oldies here know me very blur one especially with so many things on my mind. :p

Sorry once again!!
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

doreamon,
O.K lah, I forgive ur blurred... :p
But keep me posted on your biz... maybe I can be a 'sub contractor' of urs as I am afraid tt i cant commmit 100%. I am running another biz too thus... but your kind of biz is my hobby loh
happy.gif

Fenc,
Hello, Hello....Ya, i m here too... in fact, i join this thread first cos when i scroll, got to see this 1st... then i saw Nov brides... since today no one tok there, i tok here loh! today u got 'see' Evon'?

Hello to all other oldies (m i right?)...

Cheers.

rabbitwsk

Fenc,
Strange i left a msg for u last nite and it did not appear!!

So u wan to come my pl see the furnitures or i sent u softcopy? P & R good choice if Scan too ex... Most important stick to ur bgt...

Cheers
happy.gif

jul

Hi gals!

A piece of good news
happy.gif
(Well, gd news for me lah :p)

I've booked my actual day photographer
happy.gif

Now I can concentrate on meeting IDs / contractors for this mth.

jan

Jul, how come in the middle of ur working hours, u could actually confirm ur photographer!??!! hehe.. Yup, so which one did u book? hehe...

Looks like i'm the only one lagging behind! nothing has been done yet.. only for banquet!!!

But come to think of it if i could choose the banquet venue again, maybe i'll want to consider the Grand shanghai restaurant, the place looks pretty cool!! Actually considered Equinox b4, but the price is crazy, $999+++ !! *faints*

cubby

hi onee,
wah so early discuss abt pin jing liao ah...i think its best u take the si dian jing loh..cos its once a life time...even if u dun wear can stil be a memory.
happy.gif
for my mum she also say simple pin jing simple simple can liao...nowadays convenient come first...pin jing become a 'yi si yi si' only hehe ultimately i think i'll be the one to help my MIL order the cakes and stuff haha

hi questy,
heeh me luckier...MIL not tat naggy haha...i cant stand also. at least u dun have to bother abt the exp of the banquet tats already a big sign of relief liao leh!
happy.gif

have u been to the bridal shop to take a look before? i think u shld so at least u get to know the service and also the quality of their gowns too
happy.gif

questy

Hi cubby,
My MIL super duper naggy, and loud too, but at least good heart loh,cun be bothered abt her "speech", cos it's being repeated for 5 times liao, ha...!

FH said still early to chk out boutique, dun knw what he's thinking, so i also cun be bothered, if things crop up my ROM in Dec, i'll just blame him loh, he...!

cubby

hi questy,
ur situation sound very jialat lah...hehe u already moved in with them? me had been stayin with my FH place more than a yr and lucky the MIL very nice
happy.gif
i think older ppl usually more lor soh scared we young ppl forget this or tat loh...but they have our interest at heart
happy.gif

i think its not too early cos i think its good to do some research before signing cos later regret mah. actually june is not too long leh...y not u go recki with ur galfrens then select good ones...lastly then brign ur FH there!
happy.gif
me doin tat now hehe

hear t that tung shu is out..me gonna see dates this weekend! yeah

binbin

helo fencenef! welcome welcome..
happy.gif
when's ur wedding?

cin_p, nice to see you tonite hehhee...so ciao... so did u buy any products or book the trial? i tried jo's eye treatment today..her massage is really good. esp on the shoulder...coz i told her my shoulders aching.... :p

silver

Hihi...

Yan,
I really saluate you leh! I feel so tired after a few shopping hehe

Jul,
Wow you are really fast! So who did you engage for your actual day n how much?

Jan,
Hey do you know tat Zainal ve left?
uhoh.gif

A

a&w

Ivory,
so your husband is also interested in this wedding planning business huh? Cos doubt many men actually like this sort of thing.

Silver and Lin..
Yah I think wedding planning usually caters or appeals to the higher income earners too...usually lah cos there's that extra cost there. But as I learn more about the bridal boutiques in this forum, what is holding me back is that most boutiques already provide quite a huge chunk of services (ie. gowns, flowers, tux, cars etc)so there's nothing much else to do for the couples except for sourcing for a venue. The culture is S'pore isn't quite ready for what I have in mind yet. But Lin like you said, it'll probably appeal to the younger generation or the next generation.

Lin,
Your WP is from S'pore right I would assume? Cos if he or she is from S'pore, thought they'll usually try to incorporate the cultural aspect into the wedding or at least remember to ask what the couple wants/needs cos he should know what is being practiced there.

jan

Morning!!

TGIF!! Yay!!

silver, actually not surprised that he'll leave anyway... he did mentioned that he was head hunted.. so well, hopefully whoever takes charge on my acct will be good... hmmm..

ever

Morning gals!!
happy.gif

Its friday!!!

ya jul, you really efficient!! thought you're juz sourcing around... confirmed so fast?? so, which photographer did you book?? guess some of us gotta source for diff photographers as our dates are the same!!! oh no!!

oh gals... saw from the banner that Margaret's brides is having a sale!! heard from my fren that her gowns are very nice!! maybe can go and take a look....
happy.gif

onee

Good morning ladies,

cubby: Not talked about ping jin yet lah. Only MIL gan jiong talked about si dian jin as FH's brother just got married so while she is getting it for them, might as well ask me what I want lor... My mummy oso say "yi si yi si" dats y for xia ping, there's only oranges.

questy: wah so good, MIL taking care of banquet... That's the most tedious part of wedding preparation... Yah think it's always good that you and galfriends or sisters rackie the bridal shops 1st. It's always good to start early and gather some reference information. I was like that in May too, gradually I was clearer on what I want.

silver

Gd morning gals!

Hi Jan,
The person whom responded to me is Lynn. Not sure abt her service. My sis interested to take a look at the place so might meet up wif her. Btw, which room did you use huh?

Hi ever,
Margaret brides issit the one located at Ginza Plaza?

I

ino

hi binbin,
need yr help! me forgot to note down Karen's hp. no...can u send me via my email addy: [email protected]
supposed to inform her whether i cld make it tmr.

fencnef

gd morng everybody..
happy.gif

2dae TGIF liao, how r u guys feeling..??
happy.gif

hey rabbitwsk..
din c evon 2dae liao..btw u running' some biz?? can share share wat u r doin har?
happy.gif
mi interested too..
hey binbin..
my wedding on 30 oct..
happy.gif
wat abt urs?