(2004) Brides of year 2004

silver

Hi Ivory,
Agreed wif A&W tat it's rare that guys will in interested in such biz.

Hi A&W,
Spore mkt is still rather small but you will be surprised that there are already quite a few WP around... me still trying to learn here n there.

Hi doreamon,
Email you liao

doreamon

Hi silver,

U got mail
happy.gif

jan

Hi silver, my room is Belvedere.. got pillars in the room.. tell ur sis dun expect the ballroom to be very fantastic.. hehe... Just that package very attractive loh..
happy.gif

jul

Ever, silver, Jan, yan -

I booked Hilarion Goh for my actual day.

Jan -

I just emailed HG to confirm lor. Anyway, I did it after office hrs coz I was bored with doing OT :p

Actually, if I had to choose my banquet venue again, I really dunno where. I dun have any hotel that meets every requirement; There's always something lacking, like food, service, location, price, ballroom, prestige, suite etc. So picky right? *sigh*

Silver, Jan -

I've met Zainal. There was this co event, & I took his namecard in case I wanted to book Mandarin. But then, who knows fiance dislikes Mandarin, so there! U mean he actually got headhunted? In these bad times?

Ever -

If u wanna go Margaret Brides, wanna go together? I think I spare my fiance the agony already, coz it's supposed to be reno contractor hunting month
happy.gif

fencnef

hey rabbitwsk..

can u send me softcopy & i'll take a look?
happy.gif
my email is [email protected] ..
mayb wen i got the keys dan we go 2 each other hse loh since we staying near each other,hao ma?
happy.gif

haha..we jio more pple 2 go hse visiting lah..

rabbitwsk

Good morning ladies

Doreamon,
Back to the biz...When is ur biz mtg? or u wanna mail me at [email protected] on details?

Fenc,
u no go Nov bride thread see my msg for u? I was asking if u wan to come to my new pl since u will only a few bus stops away... Wow u also enterpr! Can share with u when we meet la... so wan to come or not:p

Cheers.....

ever

Hi gals!!

silver, me not sure where's Margaret brides... only remembered its in the west.... heehehehehee...
biggrin.gif

jul, can share yr actual day photography package details with us? like price, no. of photos etc... then can use as guideline when sourcing for mine!! thanks!! you can email us if you dont wanna post it here.....

ok!! we can go together... but difficult to go on weekdays, rite?? you doing OT and think its quite far... for us, at least... hahahahaha.... how??

fencnef

hey rabbitwsk..

i juz reply 2 u over at nov thread..
happy.gif
ok lah..no problem if we coming 2 meet 2 share ideas..heehee..
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan,
You seen the room Act 1? My sis is interested to take a look at that room.

Hi ever & Jul,
I dun mind to join you gals but ve to check out the address lah hehehe

Yes yes, share wif us HG package

jan

Hey Jul,

How much is Hilarion Goh? So confused now.. so many prices!! haha! Anyway, good for u.. more or less settled ur wedding preps eh!

silver

Gals,

Margaret Brides is at Ginza Plaza. I think I know which shop liao... it's the same place where I told you gals abt the madi/pedicure...

jan

silver, Jul went for a wedding in June at the Act 1 room.. she said quite special, like theatre style, then heard they do garden decor for it. shld be not bad...
happy.gif

jul

Hi ever,

I vaguely remember Margaret Brides is in Ginza Plaza. Wah, really quite far leh. Dun think weekdays is gd idea. What abt this weekend? I'm not working this Sat, so we can go there a bit earlier (right after opening hrs) so that the crowd isn't so bad yet.

Well... I didn't take a package with Hil. More like ala carte, coz we had some things taken out, & some things added in. I promised not to say anything abt it. Sorry
sad.gif

But the price is abt $1.2k now for actual day (Might want to bk him early b4 px inflation *hee*). Will get >300 4R shots in an album, with all pics returned in CDROM. He's using digital (we like digital coz can do a lot of funny effects with it, & u can just take & take w/o worrying abt film running out), & his pictures are very clean & sharp! He's the journalistic type, but he'll still take the compulsory dinner table shots. I saw his photos of Zoe Tay's wedding *hehe* Actually hor, at first I tot 1.2k is very ex, but I realised that digital actual day all charge ard that range.

jul

Wah! Missed out some msgs.

Silver,

So u coming along with ever & I to Margaret Brides?

Act 1 is very small, only abt 20 tables or even lesser (can't rem). The stage is lower than the tables, coz the tables are set on huge steps. There're some gazebo-like pavilions as permanent structures. The feel is very garden-like. But drawback is small, no projector lor.

yvonne

TGIF... Hurray!!!
Great another long list for me to browse thru....
crazy.gif

Hi Jul,
That's really fast... tot we were stl talking abt bettle@work all the time but suddenly....!!! So i bet u hv survey the market before u make the final decision on HG rite? Pls share the package with us... THANKS!
happy.gif

You wanna change wedding venue??? Tot u oreadi mak booking with SHERATON!
uhoh.gif

Hey Silver,
Margaret Brides gown really nice? Do they hv a websites tht we can check out?

lin

hi silver!
hehe..
happy.gif

hi A&W,
Yeap..she's from singapore. Yes..true. Like right now, me & WP just chit chat..hahhah.
happy.gif
After confirm venue, there's really isn't much to do. Yes, she did try to incorporate the culture. Just add in Tea ceremony. The only thing is buffet. Nothing much also. The concept will be very caucasian style on that dinner. Usually it's the case...
The most important thing is the actual day. That means if you really go serious on WP, the actual day must really go smooth and coordinate properly.
The WP don't do anything, she just run the show and talk to service providers. So, whatever you want, everything is billed from the service provider. The WP is like the 3rd party role.
Like some of the girls above, they help to do ring pillows, corsages etc.. in actual fact, the WP don't do these at all. Let say, the girls did for me, they will be considered as service providers. And i will be billed by them. The WP just coordinate what i want with them.. Do you get it?
happy.gif
And she will just try to advice as you go along like reminding you about facial care etc. and make sure what you want can go along with the theme.
happy.gif

Maybe this will appeal to the younger generation. You might consider this as a career!
happy.gif
like so shiok like dat.
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan,
Oic. My sis read fm forum saying there is a staircase or dunno wat. Think better go n see ourselves.

Hi Jul,
Not cheap ya? Looks like I ve to increase budget for actual day liao. Still thought can get at $6-700
sad.gif
Btw, do you ve his website?

Think wkends better too...

Yan & Yvonne MIA?

fencnef

hi A&W and silver...
i quite agree dat the market for WP is competitive & pretty small..like for myself personally, i will want 2 do the wedding prep myself so the joy of the wedding doesnt restrict to the actual day itself..unless the bandwidth 2 reach out to the wedding sources is limited dan 2 engage WP is a feasible solution..but nevertheless, its gd 2 learn & 2 b interested of how WP functions in providing services..
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Thk yr package is pretty good deal ! So dos HG doing the montage or collage for u? I dun mind digi either... as long as he can capture every special moments and pixs turns out nice can liao! Of cos... artwork very impt hw he arrange...etc! Hee hee.... !

silver

Hi Lin,
I sent you a msg over fbo (pte) hehe

Hi doreamon & rabbit,
Replied.

Hi fencnef,
True true. So wat kind of biz you are venturing in?

silver

Hi Jul,
My sis has 15-20 tables only.

Hi Yvonne,
No idea leh. Actually I didn't realised MB having sale until Ever brought up.

Hey same wif you. I am fine wif digi or film, most impt is how he captures the moments and I like collage album.

If also 1.2k I may consider Beetle@work cos his also that price with 300pcs 4R n CDROM of all exposures. If want collage album his is $1.9k! Very X
sad.gif

fencnef

hi silver..

mi nt venturing in2 anyting yet..
happy.gif
juz 2 speak my tots out here tho..
izzit true dat WP acts as a wedding coordinator 2 c tings r gg on smoothly, making sure dat the essential items & needs r met b4 and during the wedding?
happy.gif

haha..sounds like wat i'm doin rite nw at my company cos i'm a project coordinator loh..
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Silver,
I also thinking of spending less than 1K for actual day photographing! But not much of choice rite esp. dos quite popular studio/photographer?

I wish to join u gals for "MARKET SURVEY"... BUT im working 2molow and aerobics class in the afternoon... hee hee! Izit funny for few gals to visit bridal together? Prob 1 can pose as bride-to-be, e rest just act as friends! Will u gals trying the gown at Margaret?

Tell us abt it of the gowns...

silver

Hi fencnef,

Yes you are rite. WP is like project or event co-ordinator - to make sure everything run smoothly. Of course on top of that he/she will help to source n neg for better price too.

jul

Hi Yvonne,

No lah! I'm not going to change my hotel, as if I dun have enough headache over bridal shop! Jan was just saying IF change venue, so I just chipped in some comments lor :p

Did u see my posting abt Hil charging 1.2k? Actually that's abt std for DIGITAL actual day. But if u're looking at FILM, can get ard 600 - 700, no prob. Got Yew Kwang, Gabriel Men*es, Bery happy etc. Can go check them out
happy.gif

I didn't really do a lot of mkt survey. Just eliminate those w/o digital, those whose style I dun like, those too ex, so in the end, very easy to choose *hee* We haven't decided whether we want collage, but I dun like collage in album. Prefer those in frame, so can hang on wall / place on table. We'll decide on collage later on lor, bk first coz Hil is very busy.

jul

Hi silver,

Hil's website is www.hilariongoh.com

Actually, as I was telling Yvonne, 600 - 700 for film is ok what. My bridal shop charges 500, if I wanted to take it. Can ask YC if they have tie-ups with actual day photographers.

If ur sis has 15 - 20 tables, then can fit into Mandarin Act I. It's hard to describe, the floor is like staircase, so all the tables are on steps. I think u'd better go c urself
happy.gif

silver

Found this in SB homepage :

With the launch of the new website, Hilarion Goh Photography is giving an addition of up-to 200 shots free (equivalent to 5.5 rolls) for the digital wedding day package at $1,200 only for bookings made within July and August. All actual day pictures will be delivered with the album by the evening (subject to the day event ending before 2pm) and dinner pictures will be delivered by the next day late afternoon.

Hi Yvonne,
Yalor. Think unless I get Yew Kwang or in house photographer from YC...

Maybe we go next week?

yvonne

Hi Jul,
I also lik collage on frame instead... very nice & artistic! Hee hee... will consider doing that if I can afford la!

Phew... film is cheaper! Good news for me... hee hee!

yvonne

Hi Silver,

Thk im gonna check out my BS also on the actual day photographing! Also, visit some cheap end photographer and see their portfolio before i make the FINAL DECISION! Hopefully, can get it done by latest Aug/Sept!

ever

hi gals!

wah... so many msgs!! heehehehheee..... friday mood...

jul, shall we go next week?? meeting my frens tmw... cant make it... sorry....

$1.2k very exp hor... think i'll stick to film then....

lucky me!! my BS includes a collage and a montage... heehehehehee...
biggrin.gif

silver, you can see the banner when you scroll up to the top of the page... moving sale.... not sure about the website leh....

evon

Hi ladies,
Sorry was so busy at work until I didnt knw it's Friday today...cheers...at last weekend coming again.

Hi fencnef,
Why do gals need to cry leh? Maybe during the customary will lah but ROM only still stay at home mah..able to see mama...

yvonne

Hi Ever,
So good... yr BS actually incld the collage & montage in yr wedding album?

Dos mine hv??? Mine is journalist style... any diff? *CONFUSED again*

silver

Hi Yvonne & Ever,

Hey if you gals got any lobang for gd n reasonable film photographer for actual day let me know hor.

Yvonne, yc quoted me for actual day b4. Forgotten how much but I remember not that x. Just that dunno nice or not.

Ever, J&M's photo includes montage too?

ever

hahahaha...... me didnt explain properly!!! sorry, gals... my package includes a montage (9 small pics) in a frame and a collage (3 pics) in a frame.... thought you gals were saying that you all like montage/collage in frames mah.... so, i say that i hav loh... hahahahaha..... in album means art work type, rite?? me must pay extra to get that....
happy.gif

hhhmmm..... think must check with J&M on their actual day photographers too... think it's free-lance photographers leh...

yvonne, you wanna go with us next week?? must try margaret's gowns.... heard its very nice!!

jul

Hi silver,

Hil is a very nice guy to talk to. Can go check it out if u wanna set aside that amt of budget. For us, no choice but to increase budget coz we wanted digital, not film. My bridal shop got no tie-up w/ digital photographers.

Hi Yvonne,

Yeah, yeah, collage looks very cool. Can display in our new flat *hehe*

Hi ever,

Next wk is National Day leh, dun think the shop is open. Btw what's the diff b/w montage / collage?

silver

Hi ever,
I passed by the shop a few times but I thought that area (more toward neighbourhood) won't be very great so nv bother to take a look. Looks like I am wrong hehehe

Mine comes wif 20'x24' frame but if want to change to montage ve to top up. For that I think very likely we will top up for that lor.

Hi Jul,
Think I will look at film n digital b4 decide. For digital it's gd if want to do collage album rite cos easier?

I think montage n collage the same rite?
uhoh.gif

ever

heeehehhehee..... actually, me not sure of the diff between montage and collage.... my 3 pics frame is actually 3 individual pics in a frame, ie. borders between each pic....guess that's not exactly montage/collage, rite?? only the 9 pics one is a montage frame.... those that the pics are side by side are montage/collage....

silver, think if you change to 3 pics in a frame, then you need not top up... those are quite nice too!!
happy.gif

oh, forgot next sat is national day!!! oops... how about this/next sun?? but must be in the noon, cos going for gym in the morning!!

rabbitwsk

hi ladies

Evon busy with work? Wkend coming liao... shd enjoy
happy.gif

I think me no cry in customary cos i m staying 2 fl up my mum pl... can still see her so shd be able to control la! Everytime cry, my bro will say i 'mei yong' again :p

Cheers...

yvonne

Hi Ever,
Next week is NDP so cannot la! Hv to company boy-boy... might be thinking of driving up to Msia! Kee kee...

I also hv the 3 pcs in a frame cos i converted my portraits to this kinda, MORE MODERN & COOLz!!!

Hmm... collage/montage is very nice but i heard from my BS individual pixs counts but they will give like a SPECIAL package/price if we wana do tht!

A

a&w

Hello gals..

Lin, fencnef..

Ok..so I roughly know what the WP does now is S'pore. I guess my idea of a wedding planner is much more complicated than that. But I'll do some more research when I can and see if it's do-able.

Lin..
Why didn't you and your FH want to wait till you guys are both back before you start plannin for your wedding? Not sure if i asked you that before..hehehhe..bad memory. Just thought that since you guys will be moving back to S'pore once you are both done with school and work. Just curious thats all...of course your wedding will take place much later lah.

Have a good weekend!

A

a&w

$1.99 store close down already huh? I don't know..heheh..haven't been keeping up with the news. Thought they were doing well.

yvonne

Hi ladies,

Been a week that I have not been in this thread. How is everybody? Have anyone making their banquet booking already?

Is weekend time again. Enjoy! : )

fencnef

hey rabbitwsk..

how's ur trip 2 yvonne's creative? any conclusion of which bridal 2 engage wif?
happy.gif

anybody out there watch tomb raider 2 aldy?? izzit nice??
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi Yvonne

ya ...u also no come in hoh...
Me no book yet... still seeing seeing... but already got some pl in mind though! U?

Weekend is here again... i can swim and go beach again... yeah! but will be attending nutritious workshop and talks this weekend...

Wats plan for u all?

Cheers
happy.gif

yan

afternoon gals,

i only took half day leave, and i have to read from the archives... gosh.. really friday mood la... i read all about the collages, montage until i blur... are you gals talking about actual day photographs or photoshoot photos??

yvonne -- wish your bf happy birthday for me ok??

me wanna go gown trying too... but tom cannot... birthday lei... waiting for bf to give me more surprises... heehee, already received two today liao... maybe he tot my birthday is today, that's why have the gifts and cake delivered today... later must go drill him and pull his ear if its true... hee hee

what abt next week?? but will the gowns be limited by then??

jul

Hi silver,

I think it's easier to do collage with digital. But like for Monica Eng, she converts the film photos to CDROM, from there, can do all the collage, special effects, etc. I think her charges is abt 1k (normal) or 1.3k (premium). I think BeryHappy offers both film & digital too. Hil also has both film & digital, but I think if u get Hil, better get digital.

Ever,

U mean u got 8R 3-pcs-in-1-frame, & 24R 9-pcs-in-1-frame? I'm very confused already *sigh*

Yvonne, ever & silver,

Looks next weekend is out. Ever, u're the one occupied this Sat pm right? Must check with my fiance whether he bked appt with contractors on Sun.

jul

Hi yan,

Was wondering where u were
happy.gif
We were talking abt photos in general lah. Also not sure if the gowns will be gone by next weekend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in advance)
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Yan,
THANKS... will tell him that later!

HAPPY "BIRD" DAY TO YOU!!! Stay coolz & smile always...
Btw, i thk he did it on PURPOSE to sent the gift & cakes to yr office today! Like my bf & his friends said, we gals love attention, if he do it 2molow, no1 will get to see it or you wont be able to share it with yr friends/colleagues rite? If not, what's e purpose of sending to yr office than home!

I guess it means that... HOPE IS NOT WHAT U SAID!!! OOops....

Hi Jul,
Is me not free 2molow afternoon cos I've got aerobics class to attend!!!

Yeah Ever,
I only understand the 3pcs frame part... but not 9pcs montage/collage??? Errhhh... me blur too!!!

fencnef

juz bk frm watching "the sweetest thing" frm my company's cyberhut cafe..the movie is very sweet and lovely..
happy.gif

2molo is our 8th mth rom anniversary..i tink gg out 2 eat or something ah..
happy.gif

hmmm..most prob go & c show after dinner..i'm waiting for the film 'home run' 2 b out too..
happy.gif