(2004) Brides of year 2004

shinchan

Sunflower: Checked on my calender 23rd Aug falls on 26th of lunar 7th mth. "Chu Yi" of the 8th mth will be on 28th Aug. Aiya, this kinda thing is 'xin jiu you, bu xin jiu mei you' lor... Convenience to us is most important, if really wanna 'pang tan' then will have lots of things to worry abt liao...

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

I have already received your email. Your house is really unique. Look quite big from the view of your living hall and dinning area.

How much do spend on your reno? Is a 5-room flat? standard or premium?

yan

not yet... dun know what to get yet...

will be visiting last three before making final decision... David Lim Lee. Jawn.happy.ever.after and The Wedding Present...

those shortlisted ones are Dang, Silverlining, Fame(Yishun)and the three above.. any good or bad comments about them???

smurfy

Hi,

I oso have a full lace champagne color EG (exactly like the one in the pix that I had pasted earlier on). ya, oso need top to top up S$250 for french lace..

I didn't take into consideration on the ballroom color leh, hmmm.. think i'll just ask them to put other colors...

jan

hi Yan,

The wedding present is not bad i think, but out of my budget tho, got from their website that they're having promo at $4588..
For Jawn, think it's worth trying, heard they do very unique gowns for diff ppl..

David Lim lee.. he's not a bridal studio rite, he does freelance is it? Actually i tot of tailormaking gowns, but think will be much more ex rite... so forget it lah, leave everything to bridal to handle.. hehe..

Dang & silverlining are my top choices rite now! hehe..

Seems like ur choices are very similar to mine, just that some are not within my budget!! hehe..
happy.gif

yan

i heard that for David Lim Lee, he works within your budget.. maybe u should meet up with him and discuss on how he can fit the package to your budget.. if u dun mind me asking, how much is your budget?

jan

my budget is around $3800 inclusive of photo shoot/make up etc (the standard package) But if thru david, we got to source our own make up artist rite? and sign up photography seperately huh? Hmm.. quite a hassle leh.. quite lazy sometimes!!
lol.gif

yan

he has lobang for all the items..think the only thing that he does not provide is the bridal car. David is a professional makeup artist himself... he does the makeup for tcs artists.. heard he will stay for the second march in to change the hairstyle and to touch up on the makeup..

he usually tie up with photospace for the photography... but can arrange for other photographers as well.

check out photospace website. if they are still showing clara's photos, the gowns and makeup are done by david.. website should be www.photospace.com.sg

for your budget, you can safely check out david... let me know if u wanna meet up with him. mu sis knows him personally. he does her makeup for her modelling assignments, so may ask for a better price.. maybe we should go down together, got more bargaining power...

ever

Hi gals!!

received a SMS from sagi.... she's not feeling well today and will not be joining us tonite!!!
sad.gif

jan, think you can join us for coffee or drinks at Marche after yr family dinner?!?! if not, there's only 5 of us!!!! hhhmmm... hope i dont receive any more bad news about non-attendance...

jan

ever, not sure wat time my dinner will end leh.. maybe will give u gals an sms if it's still early ya..
happy.gif
Hey ever, think u better sms Jul in case..

Yan, hmm.. sounds quite interesting leh, So what's the rough price that David charges for his package.. okie will check out photospace website first.. hehe.. now excited again.. Since ur sis knows him, why not u go for him? Okie, will check out more abt him first and let u know if i wanna go meet him.. hehe..

yan

i am going to meet him, just that i wanna keep him as the last one to visit... so that i wun be prejudice when i visit the rest of the studios..
forgot to mention this, we get to keep all the gowns and suit that was tailor made for us. its all MTM and no OTR. There's no gowns to try cos he returns all the gowns..

the lady that i know from the forum who had him as her designer spent around $4.5k, but she also mentioned that she intro a couple with $1k budget, and david managed to whip out some things for her, just that the gown is rather simply.. with ur budget, should not be a problem.

jan

Ok thanks Yan, MTM and keep all gowns, sounds really attractive!! Will keep him in mind at the moment, maybe when u go visit him first can let me know how is it!! hehe..
happy.gif

trixie

Hi fencnef,
Tung Lok's a good choice! Their food is quite nice
happy.gif
You may want to consider Imperium @ Ngee Ann City, another Tung Lok.

Hi Yvonne,
I think it looks big only cos of the angle and as it's quite empty in the dining area
happy.gif
Mine's a 5-rm standard flat (110sqm). We spent abt $25k on reno. As we wanted an oriental look, we decided to focus more on furnishings, so didn't want to spend too much renovating the hse lor
happy.gif

yan

errr... i dun know leh... have to call him to fix appt.. i actually target next mth or late this month to see him.. update u again

zen

I know I'm a bit late to post this, but I just heard from a friend that she purchased her wedding photo albums from a shop in Citylink called Bookbinders Design.

Here's some info from the web:

Bookbinders Design
Unit : B1-53
Tel : 6423-4544
Fax : 6423-4644

Description :
Bookbinders Design aims to give pleasure and enjoyment through its original use of colour, format, material and design. The paper and bookbinding products are the result of bringing together innovative designers and experienced bookbinders.

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

Since Ah Wai is new at French, maybe not a lot couples' photos are taken by him. When r u going down to choose ur gowns? I was there last sat and it was so crowded.

B

blue lake

oh.. smurfy.. urs is champagne colour too! hehe...
mine is a boat neck one... think the neck line will be quite low. and bare back. sexy hor. haha!
not much cloth. hope i won't have to top up a lot.

mimosa

That would be great choco!
I got quotation for the bed, a custom made one with some simple carvings from the same shop at Dempsey would cost 3K plus, so adding the mattress would be easily 5K. I bought the mattress liao, but was kept at the shop for some time and won't collect till I got the bed. We are also contemplating whether to get the bed from Dempsey or not, but then it's the question of value again. Saw one at Ethnic Moods at Park Mall, and it was ard 2.5K but the material used wasn't too good, and the design was not our ideal. It's definitely not worth to go Bali to shop again, considering the accomodation and air ticket, so we probably got to do it in Singapore unless got cheap lobangs. Heehee, so I depend on you for the lobang. *hint hint*

The card is $30 lor, but dunno to apply or not.

poox

thanx zen.

i've seen the albums there b4...quite simple and nice.

well.....u're definitely not late cos we probably only need them next yr!

hi the rest of may 04 brides....any updates??

i went to visit jawn yesterday with a galfriend. Must say susan is very creative and different. She's a perfect choice for brides who dare and wanna be diff!!

cyn

wow, wat happen to this thread... so quiet..

binbin, it's better to stick with 1 brand.. i guess whenever someone recommended a brand, u'll be tempted to try.. actually some pdts show slow progress... AHA is the peelactic treatment huh? why change?

buying over ur skin brightening system arh... i had a fren who might be interested... how much are u selling? ve u used b4?

ino, if ted collection is wat u looking for.. go for it... so ve u decided on the design?

wendylee & onee.. how ve u been? must be busy... must come in whenever free to posting something k.. this thread seems to be dying...

silver

Hihi...

It's really nice meeting some of the gals here earlier. Hopefully the next outing Jan & Sagi can join us.

Sagi,
How are you feeling now? Take care ya. Aiyo so many people falling sick...

Jan,
How's ur family dinner? So now u ve ur David in ur list ya?

Ever,
Do you ve sisters? I finally remember why I find you familiar. You looks alike wif a friend's friend of mine hehe

Oh earlier on Yan n Ever/Yvonne mentioned that you been to yc? Any comments or feedback?

dolphin

Hi CC2,

Maybe u'r rite. But if he's been 'poached' to join this bridal shop, tt means his skills r gd? Anyway, will c got chance to mit the rest or not then decide who to choose....

I hv not make my 1st fitting appt yet but I guess wld be a Sat in Aug. Btw, do u know whether they open on Sun? When r u going down again?

dream

wow... very nice EG design u guys have... i've confirmed my design today. it's a pink n red spagetti with organza back... my designer say i look better in pink than purple.. my back not nice so cannot go bareback u see.... ;(
btw, where do u all go for facial n bacial???
happy preparing for ur big day..

doreamon

Hi Cin_p,

Yeah...u r right..this thread seem to be dying.
sad.gif
sad.gif

Hi BinBin,

U mean u have two facials package by two different salon or u just asked Karen Goh for advice? I have been to that thread and personally i feel that if u are with BI, then Jess should be in a better position to advise u. I mean she should know your skin condition as she seen u personally before. Why not u check with Jess first before u decide to change to other facial treatment? The AHA peelactic treatment has received very good reviews. In fact, at one point, i was equally interested in it as read that the end results is wonderful.
happy.gif

For the ring pillow, i managed to find one of my friend to do it for me already. Plus she will do the decoration of the wedding favors and design of wedding cards.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

jan

Hello gals!
happy.gif

So how was dinner yesterday?
happy.gif

well, silver, my dinner was ok.. hehe..
Yup yup, now can put David on my list too! hehe..

Jul, back to work today?

ever

Morning gals!!

enjoyed our gathering yesterday!!
happy.gif
jan, sagi, karyinn... must join us next time, k?? we got so much things to talk about!! see?? we didnt finish... silver still got things to ask!! hahahahaha.... its yan & yvonne who hav been to YC... silver, me dont hav sisters...
sad.gif
told you I got common face!!
wink.gif

jul, forgot to ask you when you wanna teach us to do corsages!! heehehheehehee....

yan, what show did you watch?? nice??

sagi was telling me thru SMS yesterday that her PC got problems!! not sure if she'll be able to log in these days...

jan, we took a few photos last nite!! 2 to be exact.... hahahahhahhaha...... think yan will email to us.... you can email us yr pics too!!
wink.gif

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

hahaha... u also know he's being poached to join french ah? ;)

I think my next trip will be in Oct to choose the PS gowns. I have book end of Oct for PS. I think they are open on Sunday. Can give them a call before going down.

jan

Hello ever!

U gals took pics yesterday.. okie, Yan must email me ya! hehe.. ever, i dun have pic to send u all leh..
Oh sagi's pc got problems.. By the time she logs in again, think she cant catch up already!!

pageup

Hi ladies,

good morning.

Would like to find out from you ladies who have ROMed. After e-filing, what other admin stuffs do we have to do? Do we have to make a trip down to ROM again to fill up forms? or we only have to be there on the actual rom day for solemmization?

Thanks..

Wow, your evening gowns sound pretty. Must share pics hor?

I will be having a chili red cheongsum and evening gown hybrid, which I made to measure in Ted Collection
happy.gif

yvonne

A Very Good Morning To U Ladies!!

Nice meeting all the beautiful bride-to-be! I had a good time yday, exchange lots of info and chatting non-stop...haa haa!

Silver,
I didnt visit YC at all just passby... hee!

Jul,
Must be busy clearing her piling work... cos' relax for 2 days liao mah... hee hee!

Yan,
Lucky u remember to take pix of us before u leave...hee hee! Looking forward to receiving dos pixs... THANKS!!!

onee

Hi Ladies,

c_pin : Yup, I will... So how's your prep coming along?

Ino : I am oso considering to sign up w/Ted's C. Love their design too...

yan

morning gals...

apologises for having to leave early last nite.. what time u chat till???

ever- i watched "City of Gods". personally i tot its a good show, good story line ( its based on a true life story) and that the directorship is also very good..

silver - i tried some of their gowns and my view is that their WGs are quite nice, but the EGs rather limited and some look old. Their suits look abit old too.. but i guess its the same for most of the studios outside... met the designer/boss, Yvonne, she seems like a nice lady.

my bf meet his ex-colleague while we were there.. they were there fitting and selection of outdoor WG for their PS. According to them, the service was alrite till then... not too sure how's their PS, never ask again...

Ladies, I beri sotong today
uhoh.gif
... wanted to download the photos, I remember to bring the software to office, but.... I FORGOT THE CABLE.... I must be influenced by my BF
nono.gif
nono.gif
... He is one BIG sotong... so ladies, you all may have to wait for a few more days before receiving the pics...

jul

Hi gals!

Good, pretty quiet for the past 3 days. I was very worried that I'll be snowed under an avalanche of postings. Thanks gals, for shou xia liu qing
lol.gif

My phone has been ringing non-stop since I came in. I got serious on-leave hangover man! Super xian, & no mood to work. Die, sure kena sacked! *hee*

Ever, Yvonne, silver & yan,

Enjoyed our outing last night. But seems like time was too short for us to finish yakking right? :p Must organise another session soon, then hopefully, we'll get full attendance
happy.gif

Jan, Sagi & Karyinn,

U gals have to try to make it for the next time. O/w u'll still be faceless!
happy.gif

Ever,

Ermm.. Corsages ah.. Dunno if I still rem how to make them *oops!* But I'll try ok? But I dun have materials leh, how? Maybe next time we have an outing, must meet up to buy the materials first
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi girls,
yeah man this thread seems to be dying ah, i dun have much to contribute with regards to facial and spas lah, i normally do DIY facials..ahha, much cheaper and now got to save even harder for our house mah...

doreamon,
wow, your rom prep seems to be going on the rite track, good for u...!!! so all done liao..., pardon me for asking ah, your rom seems to be like a wedding dinner leh, so u still intend to have your wedding dinenr or not ah or will just have the grand rom...i think u mention something before abt that rite but i can't remember ah, so sorry ah, blur liao

angelBB,
i finally get to say hi to u in the gym..ehehe...hope to bump into u more often ah..
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi fellow may 04 brides,
any updates so far..????

poox,
yup heard from many susan from Jawn is a very nice lady and creative too..so for those of u who are still looking for your bridal should check Jawn happy ever up...

keann,
as long as u r comfortable with your own time line, there's really no hurry for u...unless u r like me lah who is super KS then will try and settle as many things as possible..
happy.gif

WELCOME GARFIELD!!!
how's your prep coming along so far??? confirmed anything yet???

doreamon

Hi Pebbles,

That is exactly how i feel too! U r right...i don't intend to have wedding dinner therefore the ROM become rather grand. Initially wanted to have just a simple one but don't know why somewhere along the planning, everything become so much different.

Now i am thinking what to buy for accessories - necklace with crystals or choker to go with a tube gown. Tiring. Some told me choker will be better, some told me necklace will be better. I totally lost already. I am confused becos' usually i don't wear much costume jewellery and seldom do make-up etc etc so when come to these stuffs, i really need advices. But i guess too many advices become even more confusing. :p

amethyst

Dear ladies
Just want to let you know there's another 'amethyst' in the forum. Not me.. i contribute mainly to this thread the sometimes the one on Geylang Methodist gals, my alma mater.

ever

Hi Hi!!

yan, we chatted until 9+... :eek:) its ok, juz email us when you download them loh!!
wink.gif

jul, you went for the lesson and now, you forgot the steps?? hahahahahha.... told you to write down mah... ok, try to recall then we can meet up to buy the materials and learn the art of doing corsages from you, shifu!!!
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi doreamon,
oic, i know what u mean cos even when im planning for my rom, i tend to get so carried away ah, ahaha...it's just us girls rite, everything must be nicely done up...so no worries but at least now u decided not to have yoru wedding dinner which is good cos can save money also...so it's only natural to have a grand rom mah..
happy.gif
As for accessories ah, i had a chocker but it all boils down to what u like, if say u feel uncomfortable wearing a chocker then pointless wearing one rite, i would say something simple would be good cos too much will make u look like a walking xmas tree..eheh...
sometimes getting ideas from frens are good but too much gets too confusing too but hey if u need advise, we are here for u..

coven

hi gals!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

i've nothing to contribute so also diam diam.

hee ... i like the idea of a grand rom and no dinner! hee!!!
happy.gif
thanks doreamon! :p

errr ... doreamon, wat abt ur tea ceremony? i dont intend to skip this step coz i feel its impt to the elders and a form of respects for both families too.

jul

Hi ever,

Hahaha! So now I'm the shifu! Must really go & try to recall already, o/w so malu
happy.gif

I think all we need are the flowers with wires, ribbons & scissors. Very simple materials. So I guess shdn't cost too much.

keann

hi garfield,
welcome welcome...where wil you b holding your wedding?

pebbles:yes i tik slow and easy is good...but of cos i am SUPER DUPER KS too...kekekekee......but can't plan much for now...but will be back in singapore for good in December...so probably by then, will really go full force into getting all the stuff done.HEHEHE!

Oh ya...i promised the wine supplier no...forgot all abt it. I will post up as soon as possible. But the other day, i have another friend who quote me $14 for a bottle of aussie wine.I will get all the relevant nos...and let all the KS brides call soon.....

Have fun !

poox

hi ladies!!

so happy to see the thread alive!

Welcome Garfield...i was planning to have my wedding on 1 May but the church does not conduct weddings on public hol....so now am having it on 8 May
happy.gif

Totally agree with Pebbles....if u want something really creative and different...susan is the one
happy.gif

Keann
are u still in spore? when are u going back?

elenne?????

garfield

Hi all!

dinner will be held at Orchard Parade Hotel.

Poox - may i know which is yr church? (kuz kpo ar)

I'm also having church wedding. ;0p

binbin

hi cin_p and doremon. actuali i will still ask jess about it. but i have decided to stop peelactic for simple reasons - coz my skin condition now is not suitable for it. yes, i know that it has many rave reviews...but every girl have different skin.
happy.gif
what works for one may not work for another. yes i also know peelactic takes some time to see effect. but i notice a bad change in my skin condition after the 2 AHA, which got me very worried. so i consulted Karen. she did a detailed analysis for me on her skin machine, and showed me that the problem part had already been eroded and very dry. in fact,my face was peeling and red and dry when i go and see her....
sad.gif
. she said peelactic does help in radiance, but not for my present skin condition. somemore, i am aware that i have congestion inside my skin. peelactic may aggravate it negatively.

well, so i am still sticking to BI, but change to another treatment.
happy.gif
and that day i went to karen was just for consultation.....i feel very enlightened after what she told me. she still encourage the use of my BI package, but adviced me to change to another treatment. and of course i am still sticking to derma products too, but will be stopping skin brightening system as it;s not suitable now.

Cin_P! you friend interested ah?? really? i email you kae?
happy.gif

doreamon

Hi Pebbles,

I have no particular preference for choker or necklace. Like what u said, must look nice on it. So i bought a few gf to go shopping with me and that was when the trouble started. All gave me different opinions till i gave up.
happy.gif

Intend to keep to my budget of $3K.
happy.gif

Hi Coven,

Yup, will be doing the tea ceremony becos it is a need. Will be a real SIMPLE one.

silver

Hihi...

Jul,
Hey so you promoted to become our shifu ya hehee

Ever,
Oh it's ok. Maybe you really ve common face
wink.gif

Yan,
Ya feedback fm the YC thread also commented limited EG so if I can't find what I like I will MTM lor.