(2004) Brides of year 2004

yvonne

Hey check with you girls,
So far, hv u arrange for parent's meeting-up session? No for discussing PIN JIN but to acknowledge lik yr daughter / son getting married tht kinda lor. I thk I will need to arrange one meeting up jus before my ROM so tht on the ROM day not so awkward mah, rite? Also, next time talk abt PIN JIN is easier... kee kee!

jan

Yes yvonne, 4 rms is really cheap!! Can finish paying faster! hehe.. But maybe sembawang quite far rite?

Yes, agree that the flats designs are very nice now.. Actually, Jul, me and my hubby also drove by Fernville that day to look see look see, tot the designs there quite nice too!!

yvonne

Hi Jan,
Yeah lor... Left only 1.1/2mth to go!!! Hee hee... getting nearer & more excited!!! Still deciding on the ROM lunch venue, any good suggestion which is CHEAP & quite classy place gals???

fencnef

hey anniesem..

i got 2 noe abt the fair after i bot the her world's bride magazine for june loh..
happy.gif
you gotta send the invitation slip and mail the cheque to tunglok..

hey trixie..
haf u tot what design to go with for your WG and EG? btw for the TWP's wedding package, are shoes provided?

yvonne

Hey Gals,
What is the priority when comes to choosing a flat? Location, price, exterior, sqm, layout, amendities or near to parent...??? My bf & I thks tht location & price is the main consideration!!! But if the location is good, the price definitely will be more EX!!!

Ever, Jul, Jan
Hw much u gals spend or intend to spend on reno? Which bank has got the cheapest interest rate rite now?

jan

hey Yvonne,

my priority in getting flat must be near MRT!! haha! Coz it's realy convenient and easy to sell off next time, plus will get high value!! Next will be amenities and of coz price lah! Didnt really both abt exterior or layout that time..

FOr me, we spend abt 30k for reno plus furniture, not sure abt rates, didnt take loan..

Btw, for ur ROM lunch, u can try Oaks bar and grill, heard very popular place, it's at tanglin mall (but quite inconvenient) Hey, are u doing ur ROM at ROM itself?? if not, u can hold it in a hotel restaurant, book their private rooms, shld be nice!!
happy.gif
Or u can try CHIJMES - Lei garden?? or heard merchant court hotel got nice tim sum buffet... wat is ur budget actually?

yan

haha, i din even notice that my dinner date is the same as ever's actual day.. so qiao.. my actual day same as jan, dinner same as ever...

jul, i not beri good at description.. ask the BS abt this cut, they should know...

jul

Wah, sudden explosion of msgs!

Jan,

U know gals who have used TWD? Is it possible to see the photos for the PS album, as well as the gowns? I'm very very worried. Also dunno why. It's like, I'm supposed to be less worried after I visit the shop right? But seems like the opposite is happening!

Hahha! Ur hubby very funny! Is he afraid the BS will go bankrupt?
lol.gif

U saw Fernvale huh? Did u manage to peek into one of the flats to see the interior?

jul

Hi Yvonne,

So u're thinking of getting Sembawang flats? For us, priority is the surroundings. Like I said on Tue, must be clean, fresh air, not noisy, no creepy crawlies, no pm sun, high floor. Next is layout. Then comes location & amenities. For me, I dun really care abt resale value or exterior lor. I'm not gog to see my flat from outside right? But then, u must find out your own priorities k?

Ours is premium flat, so hopefully spend max 25 - 30k for reno, furniture & appliances altogether. Not intending to take loan, so sorry, can't tell u which bank has lowest interest rate.

How abt gog to a place meaningful to both of u or ROM lunch? Maybe where u usu go for dates

jan

Jul, i dun know the gals, but read from forum i think, cant remember already... But seems like they're quite happy with it!

Nope only saw exterior of the flats there.. very nice! hehe..

Yes, he scared BS go bankrupt and close down and wat will happen to the deposit???!!!
lol.gif

yvonne

Hi Jan,

Near MRT very noisy rite? For me, we dun wan our flat facing the road or cross junction (dusty n noisy)! Also, we wanna high floor (at least 8 above) + corner... hee hee! Exterior not so impt la as long as interior nice nice n cozy can oredi... hee hee! We also intend to spend ard 30K incld furnitures on reno. I thk we hv to take FULL LOAN from the bank... sob sob!!! Errrhhhh... MONEY NOT ENUF!!!!
sad.gif

Thanks for all the suggestion. I saw in the forum that couple goes to Oaks for ROM! Not sure where exactly is Oaks but i dun thk our parents enjoys western food! So we will stick to chinese restaurants/chinese dishes... hee hee! Dim sum buffet or ala carte buffet lunch sounds a good choice for us! Ok, will check out Merchant Court Dim Sum buffet then. Lei Garden (super EX) rite at the chijmes one?

yan

yvonne, what's your budget like? the tim sum ala carte buffet at xuan yin also not bad.. its at international building, near orchard lido..

yvonne

Hi Yan,
Budget is around $20-25nett p/pax. So far, Ive got around 25 persons in my ROM list! So might need 2 tables+ if goes to restaurant.

ever

Yvonne, maybe you can try Xuan Inn at international building... its next to Isetan Scotts and they serve dim-sum buffet with other chinese dishes.... not very exp... my fren went there for her sis's ROM lunch too!! so excited hor!! less than 2mths away!! me also very excited!! can start all my ROM planning next mth!! heeheheheheheee.....

I think location, layout and price very impt to me!! me wanna stay near parents & future PILs.... and layout is impt cos we all wanna go back to a comfy and cosy home, rite?? with a nice layout, it'll be easier to renovate and decorate...
happy.gif
juz my two cents' worth of thoughts....

me not organising a meeting for my parents & future PILs prior to my ROM.... heehehehehee.... actually wanted to, cos its funny that they're meeting for the first time during our ROM!! but me & my bf decided that its also funny to meet up and do small talk.... cos its still early to talk about tables and ping jin.... so, save the trouble!!! heehehehehee... yvonne, better check with yr parents and future PILs.... depends on their preferences....

yvonne, you need to spend some time talking to the sales people at different banks.... cos there're diff terms and conditions for home loans, so its difficult to generalise which loan is the best... another option would be to borrow from parents/relatives.... at least their interest rates would be lower, if they charge you at all....

yan, good luck for the lucky draw!!!

jan, yr hubby very funny!!! if you choose those designer shops, dont think they'll close down so soon!!!! hahahahaha..... dont worry, k??

ever

yan!!! we suggested the same place!!! heeehehehheee
lol.gif

yvonne, think Xuan Inn is within your budget... juz that you all gotta travel from ROM to Orchard.... must make sure there's transport for everyone....

yvonne

Thanks Yan & Ever,

Will pop by to take alook at Xuan Inn this wkend...hee hee! Since we are stl quite free now can go rackie for places n check out their price/ambience!!!

jul

Hi Jan,

Ur hubby really very cute leh
happy.gif

Hi Yvonne,

We have the same requirements for flat! We also dun have the cash, but fiance doesn't wanna take loan, so dun take lor. Also dun wanna argue over this issue lor.

Hi ever,

So envious... at least u & Yvonne got things to look forward to. Me, gotta wait till next yr b4 something starts happening. Feeling in limbo, so maybe that's why I start to hu si luan xiang abt my bridal shop *sigh*

S

singalong

hi, new to this thread. i plan to hold wedding around nov/dec. now still look see look see wedding package only. must i book the banquet so soon?

ever

Hi jul!! did you join the TWD's thread?? maybe you wouldnt "hu si luan xiang" after talking to the brides-to-be there.... i'm sure they'll be able to advise you on the designs / service / photography skills that TWD provides....
happy.gif
Dont't worry!! Enjoy the weekend!! oh, that day you said that you visited the actual day photgraphers, rite?? can share with us the packages and their photography standards?? Thanks!!
wink.gif

sagi

yo gals,
finally can log on the internet again......but i using back the dail up connection, not broad band... i dun know how to fix ahh.....me a pc idiot...thought my bro fix everything nicely liao when he switch to broadband but apparently not..... try to go internet but cannot so switch back to the slower mode first, better than nothing..
lol.gif

really faint ......got to go thru 2 archives.....think i read thru more than a hundred postings liao.....
crazy.gif

think u all have a fun time during the meeting on tue hor.....too bad i cant join in...
sad.gif

sure wld join in for the next one.... kekeke...

hey, talking abt preps....i the worst lah......everything not settled.....not even the dates..... currently got 3 bridal mags, local ones......got another 4 (3 her world n 1 female) inherited from my bf's auntie..... (who got married in apr)i actually tear out those relevant pages n filed it nicely in a folder...... cos no place to keep so many mags....hahahaa....
the foregin ones......i flip thru in the bookshops....find their design not to my taste...somemore soooooo ex........so decide not to buy......though they got a lot of things on those wedding invitations n favours... think their country very big....so got more such shops....but no use leh.....think they wont deliver to here also, or else the delivery charge wld be sky high?? not worth it..... dun know lah.....the more i see, more i blur....
these 2 wks also stop flipping thru mags.....busy playing computer games instead....hahaha
biggrin.gif
needless to say, i havent visited any bridal boutique yet..... sigh....

yan, u know david lim lee.......i read abt him in this forum too......thought of him too........kekeke.....if his gowns really nice...since he can work within ur budget rite?? update us on ur meeting with him....

i roughly think what type of design i want for my wg n eg.....but i still dun know which style i look best in until i go a boutique to try on some gowns! currently thinking for wg: bustier/spaghetti eg: halter neck
i just know wld be different style for the wg n eg lor.....n if suitable, eg those mermaid cut type.....hahaha...details wise very blur lah....hope the designer help me suggest instead....hahaha...

jul

Hi ever,

I did join the TWD thread, but it's not very active. Also dun really have photos of the gowns made by TWD for me to refer to. Would like to see to compare standard lor. I also dunno what to do *sigh* Think I'll just concentrate on actual day photo & reno for the time being.

The 2 I saw were Hilarion Goh & Black Box. Wah super ex! $1450 & $1705 respectively. Out of budget. Both of them are using digital, so they said that the equipemt cost is high. Think I have to look for cheaper ones.

jul

Hi Sagi,

Yup u must join the next outing k? Or u'll feel left out!

I also find that the foreign mags are not very useful. At least, when I flipped thru in the bookshops, the designs are not to my taste. also have a lot of info abt ordering wedding stuff in the States, which I agree with u that we can't get here.

So good, u also know what kind of design u like *envy*
sad.gif

sagi

hi gals

havent been posting here cos nothing to contribute so far........have not really start preparing anything yet.....but i do drop by once a while to read the postings.....
wld update u all if there is anything confirmed on my part....hehehe...
biggrin.gif

doreamon,
good ahh that u got most of the things settled......looking forward to the DAY??
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Dun ponder/compare too much overr the bridal things since u already signed up with TWD. Most impt is to make the full out of yr package! Im sure TWD has got their good points there... u just need to communicate with yr designer as much as possible so that she knows what u want.

Wow...time flies. HURRAY........ Is almost 5pm! Time for happy hours....hee hee! Im OFF 2molow so wish u gals hv a enjyable wkend ahead!

Talk to you soon....
kiss.gif

trixie

hi fencnef,
i've got a rough idea on the EG liao, subjected to changes though..hehe
happy.gif
My WG design keeps changing too haha...

Nope, shoes are excluded. You might wanna check out takashimaya shoe dept. My fren bot a pair from CYN for about $100. Think it's cheaper than making.

Hi singalong,
I think it's good to start planning early lor. I've yet to confirm my banquet venue, though i've made a tentative booking. so at the very least, i'll still have something to fall back on. It all depends on how popular your date/venue is. So it's good to start scouting early
happy.gif

doreamon

Hi gals,

Anyone interested in getting Japanese chopsticks as wedding favors? My girlfriend bought too many already and she willing to let go at $0.60 per pcs. Anyone interested?

binbin

hi hi ladies.... Amos, looking forward to having u and wendy back...
happy.gif
can see what u two look like hheheee....

doremon, so u rom more or less settled liao huh? more relax now?
happy.gif
btw, saw that u have ur friends helping u do ring pillow issit? does ur friends do it often or is it just a hobby? coz my good friend is having ROM in sept, and she is looking for a ring pillow. she dun reali want to buy one from shops coz most of the time it's expensive. does ur friends do ring pillows to sell? if so, how much will they charge?

hi girls, does anyone does ring pillow on a regular basis huh? Ino, u good with handicraft right? do u do?
happy.gif

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks, guess I gotta keep telling myself not to be too ridiculous right?

Hey gals!

I'm going to Suntec Marche again today! Not that I love the place so much, but bcoz my colleagues are going to have a farewell dinner for my colleague who's going for further studies. Must try not to eat the same food. *hehe*

Not working 2moro, so talk to u gals on Mon
happy.gif

silver

Hello...

Wow today so active ya! Me so tired cos went gym n pilate class. Pilate class not easy ya? Stil prefer body balance (combination of pilate n yoga).

Hey forgotten to tell you gals that I met up wif Kelvin from Beetle@work. He only brought a montage album for ROM photos. Personally like his artwork but quite x too. $1200 for basic package n $1900 for montage album for actual day.

Jul,
Agreed wif the gals that you should try to talk to ur bf b4 deciding to sell of ur package or not. Anyway you can try advertising here.

Btw, you make use of the 1wk pass liao?

Jan abit too late for MTM rite? Was suggested to meet up wif bridal oct to discuss the design cos still ve to meet up wif them after they come out wif design n 2 fittings to try the gown.

Wat makes you so worried abt TWD? Anything you are uncomfortable wif them?

Sagi,
Finally hear from you ya! Btw, ve you decided ur wedding date?

Ever, Yvonne, Jul, Yan & Jan
I initially thought of wearing tea dress for solemnization but seems like WG is more advisable ya? Hmm...

Ya I prefer to PR wif the guests too otherwise no chance to talk to them during the dinner.

Ever,
Ur bf dun mind you travel?

Yan,
How's ur visit to the suntec branch?

Yvonne,
Hey is there any show flat for 4 room? Did you go in to kay poh kay poh? hehe

Renovation varies on individual. My gf who just got her (premium) only spent $15k on her renovation but another $15k on furniture n electronic stuff. I think OCBC offers pretty gd reno loan.

I ve not arrange for parents meeting session. When must do it huh? Yours ve to be earlier rite cos you having ur ROM soon.

Jan,
Yr bf very cute leh! If worried dan get a more reputable bs lor.

I

ino

It's Saturday and i'm working!!! So sianz...anyone in the same situation as me?

hi binbin,

unfortunately, i have not ventured into ring pillows yet...hehehe

But i do have extra ring pillows to let go as i've bought mine already (with bear bear).

If yr fren is interested, i will take some pix of the plain ring pillows i have...i will see how i can help yr fren...perhaps add some flowers/roses to it and tie it with Organza ribbons. Let me know yr fren's budget.
Will take the pix during the weekend and upload it into my briefcase...

;-)

hihi pebbles,

u MIA for so long leh...yeah...i love CS now.
I pick up those accessories-making skills from books and slowly trial and error. The thing is, you must be willing to spend $$$ to experiment. I've spent tons of $$$ on making crystal jewellery already. ;-P

Hi fencnef,
Will check yr email during the weekend. ;-)

cin_p,
*sigh* i'm delaying my photoshoot coz my FH can't make it...*sianz ah*...when's yr photoshoot?

btw, i got my diamond jewellery already! basically i adopted the jewellery design from some jewellery shop, mixed it with some of my own ideas and viola! a new set of jewellery which no one else has...hehehehhe
I'm staring at the jewellery everyday now... ;-P

Hi Doreamon,
no prob. rem to let me noe whether u want the bracelet to complement yr choker anot...

anyway, i see u've done yr prep well! for me, i'm still taking my sweet time searching and searching...

poox

haha keann

i thought of those but just too lazy.....esp the guest list......keep procrastinating to come up with the list.......can't image typing in 500 over names (may be more.......)

mimosa

Thanks Choco!

rainforest we been to last time, there's one within walking distance from my parents' house, and one day we go there jalan jalan. Their beds do not have nice carvings. all designs very simple. and i believe the 1.8K is off the shelf one, custom made that price cannot get at rainforest leh.

banyan tree haven't go. It's at Bukit Timah issit? 4K is pretty ex yeah? Where is merchant home?

My house is a resale flat at bishan. got space to put in poster bed and a walk-in warbrobe. maybe it's resale so it's much bigger, and the master bedroom toilet doesn't eat into the space of the room unlike some layouts. HDB ceiling is 2.4m, and as long as the poster dun exceed this height can liao. the bed is normal king or queen mah, so it's only the extra vertical space that it's taking up, horizontally still fine.

sunflower

hi gals, i was busy the last few days and didnt got to login here...and found the thread seems to be quiet..hopefully not die down yet. :p Are you all still there ??

jas, i got a colleague also sign up with bridal concept,she just collected her small album of photos...the effect is not bad. She selected 83 photos from her bridal package of 26!!! She is very pleased with the photos.
happy.gif

have u had your PS ?

forest

hi gals...
keep the msgs coming in!!! its getting quiet yet again!!
sad.gif

silver,
i remembered tt u said tt ur bf is working in PF rite??? can u ask him to send me details of the membership plans?? i'm thinking of signing up with either CFC or PF after my corporate plan for CFC ends in Aug... Need to compare between the 2 lah.... kekekek.... u can find my email id in my nick... Thanks!!
biggrin.gif

btw, does any1 has any comments abt the pros n cons of either of the 2 gyms?? i'm in a dilemma leh.........
sad.gif

soupie,
hee hee.. jus feel pai seh mah...
happy.gif

ino,
jus curious hor.. did u buy the CS OTR, or u got them to MTM it? hee.. if u can.. take a pic of it.. n show us leh.. kekekek.. kpo kpo...
biggrin.gif

binbin

hi hi Ino, that's good news..
happy.gif
she'll prob be interested in your ring pillow. how much will u be willing to sell it? i will let her know, pls let me know once u have uploaded the pics.
happy.gif
thanks thanks!!!

heheh forest, sorry can't help u with the gym thingie, coz me amore member...hehehe....but if u wanna ask about amore, i am beri happy to help..hehhehe...

soupie, u mentioned u wanna try out amore? did it yet?
happy.gif

binbin

hi hi sunflower! hehehe yes we are still here. at least i am. but not been posting coz the ladies discussing about details pertaining to their bridal mah, me not much to contribute...hehehhehe...so diam diam loh.. ;)

when will ur photoshoot be? mine in nov.....trying to tone up now...hehhehee.....

have u got ur house?

jul

Hi silver,
Wow! So energetic, went to both gym & class. Envy u, must really try to make some time for exercise
sad.gif
I haven't used the pass yet, working late on weekdays, & many things to do on weekends. I think it's gonna expire soon!

Yeah, I agree that anything >1k for actual day photo is a bit ex. It's like, so many things to spend on already, still gotta splurge 1k on photos. Very tight budget
sad.gif

Actually I dunno why I'm so worried abt TWD. The pple there are quite nice (not super nice, but ok nice). The gowns are not too bad either, just that I can't find anything I like OTR. And I dunno if they can make what I want MTM. So a bit insecure lor...

I was thinking if I shd just decide to go for MTM straightaway, then I can start looking at designs, & can arrange for earlier appt. I dislike the feeling of hanging in limbo, not knowing what to do, & whether I can find something I like OTR in Jan. By then, I'll be so panicky already right?

I'll definitely wear my WG for solemnisation, partly coz it's in church, & also bcoz I wanna wear my wedding gown longer. Feel more like bride in WG than in TD, at least for me
happy.gif

elenne

hi pebbles, my coordinator replied yesterday
happy.gif
no i booked with fullerton.

keann: tot u graduated? how come still going back?

poox: i didn't noe there was a gathering! what time? are you going?? if u are then i'll go. hehe

I

ino

ahhh...binbin,
u amore member ah? i thinking of joining amore! which amore do u usu go? i usu go to the one at Bugis. i was a member at Amore a yr ago...lost the discipline to exercise so i stopped. Thinking of taking up the package again.

hehehe...paiseh....i forgot to bring the digi cam home. will bring the ring pillows to office so that i cld use the cam to shoot them. But i hv not put in any embellishments yet. It's just a plain ring pillow. If yr fren has any preference, jus let me know. Try to help whenever i can.

;-)

Hi forest,
I think i will only see my CS in August. They will only get the CS ready for the photoshoot in Sept. I am also very anxious to see my CS...hehhehe

binbin

hi hi Ino.
happy.gif
my previous package expired in april, and i lugi-ed on 4 lessons which i din use. just renewed for another year...told myself this time must be disciplined...hehheh.... well, so far for this new term i have visited only the parco one and the tiong bahru one.
happy.gif
last time tried the cineleisure and bugis village one....now i try to go to those with gym and multiple shower stalls only...hehhee....coz i must bathe after that or else feel beri uncomfortable. renew lah!!! then u can join us at the gym&kick boxking thread...mostly amore ladies there... and we can go amore together! hehhehe....

jas

Hi Sunflower

Your colleague's bridal package is for 26 photos??? Mine is only 20 photos....
sad.gif
Sigh.... sign up already, don't complain.... heeee.....

Haven't had my PS yet. Would be in Oct. Would be highlighting my hair today. If the colour is good, might do a similar touch-up before my PS. Still thinking of whether to rebond my hair. Just rebonded my hair in Jan. Starting to see some waves already on top.

Anyone of you game for gym exercise to lose those extra kilos? I signed up for California Fitness. Hope I will have motivation to exercise regularly.

sunflower

hi binbin, my PS dunno when leh..cos 1st appt at next mth..havent fixed PS yet. Do you know how many times we must go down to choose the gowns ( mine is OTR ) before confirm PS ? or can already confirm PS date from the 1st appt ? aiya, me sotong sotong one leh...hehehehe

jas, yup, she managed to get 26 photos for her package..very good hoh, mine only 21 photos leh from santiago --> dunno can still bargain for more or not
happy.gif

wat color are u going to highlight ur hair ?? brown or red ?? kekekee...sounds like u have natural curls..why dun u just keep it like that ? then can ask the artiste to do those goldie lock type of hair, the effect is very nice woh. I got a friend who did that.
happy.gif
For me, i have natural brown but baby hair..i want to increase the volume leh, how ah ?? anyone got any idea ?

i am also trying to tone down!! hahaha
happy.gif
but yesterday n today also raining leh...how to huh ?
jas, at least u sign up with CF, should be able to keep fit anytime, anyday. Me very lazy one leh, but i want to keep fit..anything i can do to keep fit at home ??

B

blue lake

Hi Smurfy... actually KC is my hub's hall mate. and thru a fren, he knows that KC is taking photo for wedding. looked thru his work, quite satisfied. and i'm very comfortable with him. so we signed up with him. there are 3 different packages... $800, $1500 and $1800. the difference is the size of the album. u can talk to him. he's a very nice guy.

cyn

onee.. my preparation arhh... WG done, EG fitting tis coming fri, PS end sept... everything else also do abit... how's urs?

welcome fencnef, TWP & IG?? so u planning urs next oct/nov... ve u fixed the date yet?

Ino, wow ur CS sound glamourous with all the beadings. must ve cost u a bomb. so ve u told ur hubby? actually i think a good cut CS will definitely bring out the womanly...

so u postponed ur PS til when? mine end of sept.. stil haven think of where to go leh.

woman, u very "li hai" leh.. know how to do accessories.. good leh.. at least the design is to ur liking. most importantly it has the personal touch.

u said u got ur diamond jewellery.. real daimond rite... u mixed shop design & ur idea? i blur liao.. u custom made them? is tat to match ur gown & ur "pin jin"?

woman, i can see tat u're so excited with ur preparations... happy for u =)

ocean

Smurfy, must bring birth cert meh for ROM?? If i not remeber wrongly, i think no need. But PageUp, you must remeber to ask your two witness to bring their IC. Very Impt!!
happy.gif

I will be going down next week to confirm my Venue. It is at Habour Front MRT there, 88 restaurant. They are still under renovation. As for my bridal, think i b going down on Aug to choose my gown and then plan for PS.
happy.gif

poox

hi elenne

got an sms from rene (BV thread). they've kinda fix it on wed at heeren mache....if it's confirm then i'll update u....go lah....i oso dunno them
happy.gif

jas

Hi Sunflower

I highlighted my hair today!!! The stylist chose copper brown for my base colour, with striking red as the highlights. Tink my hair is now combination of brown, red, copper (and a bit of black - my natural color). Quite trendy. Very satisfied with my hair now. The stylist did try to ask me to curl my hair too. But I told her tat I don't wish to stress my hair too much today.

Tink you can try climbing the stairs. Quite a good method to build stamina too!