(2004) Brides of year 2004

jul

Hi yan, silver, yvonne,

I'm so sorry I was MIA for Sun's show. You see, I lost my hp, so I was running ard calling SingTel, cancelling SIM card, etc. So couldn't make it for the show
sad.gif
But fortunately I got the hp back
happy.gif
I'll have to go to Hello to re-activate my SIM card again tho. So sorry I couldn't contact u guys to let u know, as ur nos were in my SIM card.

silver,

I really dun think I can lose so much weight. I love to eat, & eat non-stop. I only pray that I can tone up a bit, & not look so flabby in the gowns. *sigh* It'll be so nice to be naturally slim like Yvonne
sad.gif

Jan & ever,

How's ur weekend?

Ever,

I went to Fairy's Inc with my fiance on Sat. Didn't spend a lot of time there, just popped in for a few minutes. My fiance has decided that he likes rose gold too *hehe*

Hey congrats! U're getting a diamond ring! *hehe* Mine's a 6-claw too. Think Lee Hwa trying very hard to promote their Cosmo setting. Last yr when I went ring shopping, they also tried to get me to buy the Hearts on Fire with Cosmo setting.

ever

Hi Jul!!

so, you didnt get to meet the gals?? you mean someone returned the phone to you?? so lucky!! usually, people will juz keep the hp!!!

ya, my bro & his galfren like the rose gold too!! hhmmmm.... dont like Lee Hwa's cosmo setting cos the claws very huge...

yvonne

Hi Jan,
(Early bird award for you on this monday blue!!!)

Good Morning Ever,
Yeah, I thk me follow by karyinn & Jul will be having our ROM this year.

Regarding the GI show on Sun... ONLY Silver & myself got to meet each other cos Yan couldn't make it and Jul NO REPLY??? Well personally I like the 1st 3 gowns that came out at the beginning of the show, what abt u silver? Other than that, I dun find their evening gown attractive to me.

Wow... Ever! So nice yr BF going to buy u six-clawed diamond, izit for yr ROM/wedding band? I like the "classic look" 6claws diamond too!!!

jul

Hi ever,

Nope, didn't make it to the show. Yeah it was quite gd of that person to return me my hp. Actually I lost my hp before, when it got pickpocketed. So traumatised! Think that if I didn't get my hp back this time, I'll swear off hps forever!

Haha! So now everyone's into rose gold instead of white gold or platinum *hee* Hey, u n I are quite similar! I dun like the fat claws too. But I think Lee Hwa's designs are quite 'angmoh', so they like big claws. But the ring looks so chunky, & non-delicate right? Also most of the diamond gets covered up by the claws
uhoh.gif
The gal from Fairy's Inc - not Evelyn, the other one, forgot her name - saw my ring, & also commened that the fine prongs are nice too. Then u see the ctual diamond, not the claws! Oops! Here I go again...
embarrassed.gif

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Sorry, I MIA-ed coz I lost my hp!

I'm not having ROM. I'll be doing the solemnisation w/ 2 church weddings n dinner next yr. Dun ask me why 2 church weddings *hehe*

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Finally got to hear from you, no wonder no reply from you! Well, so careless ya. So where did you misplaced yr hp???

Btw, where is FAIRY INC? Hee......

yan

Morning gals,

my apologise for flying kite yesterday..
sad.gif
sad.gif

i sprained my ankle on sat, so cannot go to the bridal show yesterday... my ankle was swollen like a pig leg... actually i wanna to limp to the show, but my boyfriend's face upon hearing that was so black that i dare not mention again..
nono.gif
nono.gif

i did not managed to get the digi cam as well cos i sprained my ankle before getting it... *sign*
sad.gif

silver and yvonne -- managed to take pixs of the gowns to show us?
wink.gif

jan

Hello gals!

Hi Jul, lucky for u, managed to get ur HP back!
Wah, u gals hunting for diamonds and rings, so good, but right now, not interested in diamonds already..hehe..

Hi Yvonne, yup, me and ever are usually the early birds!! hehe..

karyinn

Good Morning Ladies,

My FH bought me a Lee Hwa diamond ring as proposal ring too. I think he heart broke ;P...

Hi Yan,

What Digital Camera u bought? My favourite hobby is - taking photos ;p

Hi Silver,

For overseas PS, i just need to pay for the air ticket, accomdation and makan..
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

May I know where is The Wedding Present boutique located at? I know is at 8 Gemmin Lane, but can I know where is it near to or how can I get to there? Thank you.

jul

Hi Yvonne,
I was eating at a coffeeshop. There were so many aunties who push & shove people ard
angry.gif
They're like starving for 3 days & nites, just shove their way to the stall like hungry wolves. So somehow in the midst of the action, I dropped my hp lor *sigh*

Fairy's Inc is at Delfi Orchard.

Yan,
So poor thing, got swollen ankle, & still no digicam. But maybe ur bf will buy u one to 'sayang' u?

Jan,
So what r u interested in now? Visiting bridal shops?
lol.gif

Karyinn,
I dun think ur bf heart-broken, think he's pocket-broken instead! *hehe*

ever

Hi gals!!

yvonne, the diamond ring will be the proposal ring... although a bit late lah... hahahaha
lol.gif
oh, Fairy Inc is at Delfi Orchard...

Jul, i was served by the other gal at Fairy Inc too!! she very nice hor...

Yan, hope you're feeling better now... did you go see a doc?? shld take MC, if not you hav to limp to work!!!

Karyinn, your fiance bought the ring long ago or during this sale?? actually, this sale's quite good cos there's 30%-40% on certified diamonds... but my bf say his lobang is even better!! cheaper than Lee Hwa... hahahaha... actually, me dont mind diamonds without international cert....

Jan, ya sounds like this weekend had been very eventful....

jan

Haha.. Jul, well not so much of visiting bridal shops lah, maybe i shld stop pestering my hubby for a while!!
lol.gif
And in the meantime, see if there're having any promo or shows coming up or not! hehe..

jan

Hey ever and karyinn,

I tot Lee Hwa had sale since like last month or so, or do they have another better sale going on now?

ever, wow, ur bf so secretive ah? If really can buy lots cheaper, can share share where to buy it from? hehe..
biggrin.gif

Btw, are diamonds from diamond industry cheaper?? Always wondered abt that but never visited the place...

karyinn

Hi Ever,

Actually, my FH plan to buy the diamond ring next year. Since Lee Hwa got good sales, then we bought it during the sales. Anyway, I quite like it. Do you think i should buy back something for my FH? What should I buy? Any Suggestion?

jul

Hi ever,
Both the gals at Fairy's Inc are very nice
happy.gif
Evelyn showed me the white gold, rose gold & plated white gold comparison too. I saw a pair of rings in black gold, but we didn't really have time to see much. Coz rushing off to another appt with a contractor.

Now that I managed to 'seduce' my fiance into custom-making our wedding bands, we can afford to slowly wait & think abt it already. No need to rush for 13 Jul GSS dateline *hehe* But then becoz budget constraint, we most prob will be getting very simple bands. Maybe no diamonds / carving. *sigh*

Jan,
Recently got a lot of bridal shows again right? Vanity, GI, HWB, etc etc. Spoilt for choice! But then I think my fiance has decided to stop going for bridal shows. Next step, TWD for trying gowns!

Jan,

jan

hahaa.. Jul, u miss me too much is it, that's why my name came out twice!! hehehe..

Yup, there's one show for vanity coming up, but think their package quite ex leh considering they're quite new i think, it's $3988 for MTM..

yan

thanks all for the concern.. the swell went down a bit bit... still pain but can tahan la.

when is the HWB bridal show? neber heard of this leh..

karyinn - i m thinking of getting canon ixus 400. any bad reviews about this model?

i also like to take photos too... last year's vacation to perth, for less than 5 days, i took 7 rolls of films (just me and bf).. in addition to one video tape... my bf cannot tahan me..

i think that's why he so scared of taking the bridal photos now... he must be thinking of all the additional photos that i wanna develop.. gonna have a big hole then..

karyinn

Hi Yan,

Canon DC is quite good i guess
happy.gif
... you can try to go the Cathay shop at Peninsula. The ppl there is quite helpful and normally their price is cheaper then shopping centre
happy.gif

I am using Sony P9 4 mega pixels
happy.gif

ever

Jan, heard that certified diamonds are cheaper at Daimond industries... but if you getting the normal ones, then not sure if their quality is good... heeheehee.... actually, my bf's lobang is his aunt lah... she buy direct from a wholesaler and do setting herself... if you gals interested, then let me know loh... she do bracelets, earrings etc...

Karyinn, i also thought of buying something for my bf... was thinking of proposing to him liao if he still so "nua" about getting the ring for me!!!
biggrin.gif
hhmmm.... maybe a watch or a "manly" ring?? but maybe some guys dont wear so many rings hor...

Jul, you too loh-so, that's why posting kana cut-off!!! hahahahaha.... no lah no lah!! juz joking!! think rose gold bands shld be simpler, no need diamonds... then can see the rose gold clearly mah... so, yr fiance shld thank me for telling you about the rose gold?!?!? heeheeheehee....

karyinn

Hi Ever,

I ever thought of getting him a watch. But he "same like me" don't like to wear watch ;(...
Hmmm oh ya.. maybe i will buy the "small matter" for the sleeves button:eek:.. dun know what that call...

yvonne

Hi Yan, Have a Speedy recovery...!!!

Wow... you really likes to take pix very much, 7 rolls!!! I only took 3-4 rolls for my 7 days Mel/Syd trip...hee! So is Perth a beautiful place?

Hmm.... I also feel like getting a digicam cos so "FAN BIAN" and can take lots & lots of pixs! But too bad we running out of cash now so got to put the idea ON HOLD!!! =(

karyinn

Last Dec, when i went to Korea, i also took almost 7 rolls of pics too :p...Korea is very very nice during winter. BEST and most economical place to see winter, great scenery :D

Oh Ya, i got post the pic in web.. you gals want to see?

jan

Sure karyinn,

Let us know the link pls..
happy.gif
Thanks!!

ever, watch is good, wat kind does ur bf like? He like the sporty type or dressy type?? Wat's ur budget? Recently i am into looking at watches, but haha.. not much budget, so the very ex one, i can only look at it!! hahaha..

When i went to aussie with my hubby last time, we only took 2 rolls leh!! wow, Yan, u really can take pics!! hehe, yup, think now ur bf better set aside some money for ur PS!!!
lol.gif

ever

Thanks, Karyinn!!

Jan, me not sure leh.... think shld get the dressy type hor, at least can wear from Mon to Fri.. heeheehehe... of course not too exp kind like rolex lah... my bf will kill me!! he sure say "no need to buy, why waste this kind of $$$? must save for the house!!" hhmmm.... maybe shld listen to him, then i save $$ loh!!! hahahaha...
happy.gif
maybe $200-$500?? sigh... small budget hor, tag heuer also cant buy...

jul

Wah, exploded with postings!

Jan,
Yeah lor, miss u so much. Every nite dream of what u look like
lol.gif

Yan,
The HWB show is the one u missed on Sun lah!

Ever,
Maybe can get my si dian jin from ur bf's aunt. But then must confirm whether I'll get any si dian jin in the first place, since both if us are not remotely close to Teochew at all *hee*

Yup, my fiance liked the rose gold so much. He was also thinking of getting it plain, but I was thinking too plain, then what's the point of customising? But also constrained by budget *sigh*

Wow! If u propose to ur bf, then surely very jing tian dong di!

Karyinn,
Yeah, I wanna see Korean pics too!

ever

Hi Jul!! ai ya, nowadays not Teochew also can buy si dian jin.... anyway, your PILs will get you a gift for the wedding mah... then, buy diamonds loh!!! hahahahaha..... better than gold jewellery!!! *faint*

maybe you can get half rose gold and half white gold... the two kinds of gold combined with a slanted line... cool!! think rose gold material is exp, not the engraving... so, if you two like it, shld spend a bit more loh.... will be wearing it for a lifetime!!!
wink.gif

hahahahha
biggrin.gif
if i propose to my bf, you gals must help me think of a unique proposal plan!!!! hahahaha...... not easy leh... me force my bf to propose to me in a special way, no wonder he still havent action.... havent thought of the special way, i think!! hahahahaha...

yvonne

Hey Ladies,
Shall we xchange pixs...hee?

Weird! how com Silver not online today?

Hmm... i stl dun noe how rose gold look like?

karyinn

Aiya.. how come only got Yvonne email leh :eek:.. how about other, can give me email address for the korea pic?

Yvonne, i sent you the link liao
happy.gif

Karyinn is eating fish soup now ;D

angelbb

Heehee, me didn't buy much hair stuff... but I bought lipgloss & moisturisers... didn't spend too much lah, total abt $40 lor...
biggrin.gif

yan

is the rose gold the one at lee hua?

Jul -- u mean i missed two shows on sun? i tot only got the GI show... know of any other shows coming up??

yvonne -- i do not have a scanner at home so cannot scan in my photos... h/w i can try to copy and paste those photos which my friends sent electronically to me.. but hor, show our pix at this open forum??? why not, we send to our individual email address.. thinks its better right??

ever-- ya lor, i will sure faint if ask me to buy and wear so much yellow gold... my MIL wanted to buy si dian jin for me, luckily my bf managed to convince her to buy diamonds instead.. if buy gold, i sure wun wear again after the wedding...

super no mood to work today... boss not around somemore... *sian*

yan

karyinn

my email is at my nick as well.

Ha fish soup... sama as me!! I have been living basically on fish soup since March... I'm on chinese medication, hence alot of things cannot eat. doc suggested fish soup, so i have been eating fish soup like every alternate day..
*sign*

yvonne

Hi Karyinn,
Thanks ... I've seen yr pixs! Wow... how come yr pixs is so much nicer than mine??? I went korea during winter also but the effect like not as nice as yrs leh...hee! U using digicam? Prob my camera not good enuf la...kee kee! How I wish I can post some of my tour pixs on web to share wif u gals, too bad my scanner spoilt! Haa... wat a excuse but is the TRUTH!

ever

Hi yvonne & yan, the one at Lee Hwa is purple gold... rose gold is pinkish in colour... not widely available now, but can be found at Fairy's Inc. at Delfi Orchard... they do customised wedding bands, proposal rings, ring pillows etc....
happy.gif

Yan, you email us loh... you hav the contact list, rite?? i also thought last sun's show was GI show, not HWB show leh... yr bf good leh.... me still not sure if future PILs getting si dian jin for me or not... but will try for a simple diamond set.... or at least white gold set loh...
lol.gif

Karyinn, sent you the email liao!! send back to us quick!! then we can know yr particulars.... whether you're yvonne & silver's jie-jie or mei-mei!!!! hhahahahaa.......
wink.gif

karyinn

Hi Yan,

Sent...

I also on chinese medication!!! :D.. but my doctor didn't tell me any food i cannot eat leh.
My chinese medication is for my irregular menses and headache,shoulder ache and also pimples :eek:..
I see the chinese doctor is because i worry my irregular problem will cause me have problem getting baby..
sad.gif
.. i want HEALTHY BABY lor :D..

Yvonne,

For those snow pics, most of them i use TRIPOD stand :p... but.. i lost my tripod the 4 days at Korea. I misplaced it lor. My bf everytime complaint whenever i go holiday with him, die die must bring along a tripod. He said VERY troublesome. But i don't care, because i only care to take nice pics :p.. did you get to see one pose "winter sonata"? eheheh we copy cat ;p

jan

Hi ladies!
happy.gif

Karyinn, my email is [email protected]
happy.gif

Hey gals, just wondering whether u all know which of these photographers is good - Robin, The Edge, O studio, Photospace?? Coz think these are the few that bridal shops tie up with and are usually the cheaper ones, and i think o studio is currently having promo now with bridals...

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
Actually i considered Divine Couture also but was too lazy to go to the shop! In fact, i didn't really scout ard. Decided on TWP since my fren signed up with them also and have had a good experience so far
happy.gif

I chose ImageGarden for photography. Sorry, no comments on the others as i fell in love with IG's style and didn't do any comparison
happy.gif

It's near club street, just behind far east square. Do you know where is Shidong bar? it's just opposite...

Hi taurus,
I've sent you the file

jul

Hi ever,
Cannot take it for granted that they'll buy me stuff right? *wink* Anyway, I dunno if I shd ask for practical stuff, like fridge, washing machine, sofa etc, just to help out with the budget.

Aiyah, the wedding band thing, can wait till end of the yr then say. Now I have to concentrate on hse already. Getting keys very very soon, must meet contractors etc. So many things to do!

Hmm... I'll let u know is I think of any unique proposals *hee*

Yvonne,
I dun have any pics. Home PC also conked out, it's ancient! Maybe we arrange a day out to meet everyone? I'm getting very confused coz they're so many of us now.

Karyinn,
U mean u can only eat fish soup????

Yan,
Sorry I blur lah! I meant the HWB show Sat b4 last. Didn't mean to confuse u
blush.gif

yvonne

Hi Karyinn,
Yeah i saw the copy version of "WINTER SONATA" is quite cute... Mus be yr idea rite? Hee......

Hmm... Ok! Will go back email my pix to you gals (if i remember...haa!!!). At least I got to see Silver in person on sun... and Karyinn in pix...hee! =P

Hi Jul,
Day out sounds a good idea... gals consider???

yan

jul -- no problem abt the HWB show... i m the one who eats fish soup regularly.. my doc say i cannot eat alot of things and hence the safest food for me is fish soup and yong dao fu.. so nowadays i try to have them like on alternate days...
once in a while, will pamper myself with good food, but still keep to those food that i cant eat... *sign* how i miss chicken rice... *chicken is one of the food that i cant take*