(2004) Brides of year 2004

lin

wendylee, thanks so much!
happy.gif

binbin, something like that. nolah..not air-conditioned. i was thinking of something like the a tent..but all the guests are in the tent. You know like those malay weddings at the field. Instead of putting tables, i thought of arranging chairs for the solemnization. Just want to know how much like that will cost.

Silver, yes, i did surf their website. but no info on solemnization unlike raffles marina
happy.gif
i want to see if occ or alkaff can beat rm price.
happy.gif

silver

Lin,
My sister attended one in Alkaff and they only ve tent for the solemnization only. Guests just stand around and watch and so unluckily it rain half way thro and all the guests ran into the restaurant. Not sure if can arrange a bigger tent -_-

silver

Hi Jan,
I am planning to ve mine in Jul 04 but my bf's mum would like to make sure the day we wan is not a 'unlucky' day. Which day is yours?

yan

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this thread and understand that GCW just had their bridal show recently, can anyone share with me the package?

I am also thinking of holding my solemnization ceremony at the poolside as well... Has anyone have any nice hotels to recommend?? Based on friends' recommendation or thru own research..

Really appreciate some advice... My email address is [email protected] Thank you very muchie...

silver

Hi yan,

Welcome! I am pretty new here too. You can consider Orchid Country Club or Republic Singapore Yacht Club. Do share with us if you come across any new places.

Hey I heard Mandain Marina has poolside buffet too but yet to find out. Anyone knows abt it?

lin

silver,
oh..gosh. really. hmm, so pitiful. i would be glad if you can help me ask about the tent and the price for it. saw the rm solemnization package with the price you sent me
happy.gif
i think that whole area is covered. Quite good lah. now, i want to see which one is cheaper
happy.gif

jul_04

Hi Jan & silver,

My wedding's in Jul 04 too! Yippee! Finally got a thread of our own. Thanks so much, Jan. I didn't dare to join the 2004 thread cause it moves so fast!

jan

Hello ladies!!

Tot i'll be the only one, coz July seems to be a not so popular month rite!!
Mine tentatively is 10th july, it'll be a lunar 5th month...
So have u gals booked ur banquet yet?
happy.gif

jul_04

Hi Jan,

I've settled on the date already, 4 Jul, Independence Day
happy.gif
It's our anniversary, so we like 'die die' must have that date. Doesn't matter if it's 5th lunar mth, as long as it's not hungry ghost festival. Worried that my relatives won't turn up.

I've booked the banquet already. And the bridal boutique (impulsive buy)
happy.gif

jan

Hi jul04!

yeah... actually as long as it's not the 7th mth it's ok... anyway, 5th lunar mth is actually quite popular too!
That's good for u at least both the major preparation is done!!
happy.gif

pink

wendylee n forest,
thanks. At the last count, think we are looking at 40-50 tables. We got big family both sides.
Anyone knows anything about Marriot and Hotel intercontinental?

wendylee

SILVER: Hey, if you have not got your invites for this Sun show... mayb you wana call up Alyia 64154881? She actually called me to reconfirm my seats so I told her a friend of mine havent recieved after her registeration... so and I couldnt recall your real name but cant give her nick name ma... so I ask her to leave me her no. so that you can call her!

N

ngpauline

hi wendylee

i saw your posting.. you are going to give up your Golden Horse package? Why huh??

I have signed up with flamingo... but just out of curiosity.
bounce.gif

wendylee

PINK: Hihi, no leh... me didnt attend Marriot workshop last Sun so duno about their package. But from the magazines... they were quoting $638-$678 (weekdays) and $788-$818 (weekends) includes free flow of beer for 4hours, suite stay and 1 complimentary table of 10. Hope this helps!

jul_04

Hi Bunny,

Long time no hear! I booked my wedding at Sheraton Towers.

I was at the Oriental show, & they really offered a very gd deal, all the discounts & extra freebies. But my bf likes ST, even tho it's more ex. Did you try the food? Gotta q for ages right? When's ur wedding, & did u book w/ Oriental?

Hi Jan,

Someone told me that 4 Jul is in the 6th mth. Aiyah, nvm, as long as we're happy
happy.gif
You booked your packages yet?

sagi

hi gals

yesterday went with my fren to go see boutique.....in the end, only managed to see one....so sad...
sad.gif

inwedding collection....but i m not that impressed lor...the gowns so so only and the person dun even allow us to see.... only showed us photos of couples (a few albums) and pics of the gowns when i requested to see their gowns...
cos i still very green in this area, is it all boutiques wont let u see their gowns one har? or must make appt to see gowns? walk in they wont let u see? they also dun allow us to take the pkg list....
sad.gif

but happened got 1 bride there trying on gowns, so managed to see 2 WGs and 2 EGs she tried on... she very slim! so look nice....kekkee...but i still find the gowns dont give me that "wow" feeling....
my fren commented (after we left the boutique) that the photos are not the type she like lor.. those stiff stiff studio type....she likes those more spontaneous one....so do i
bounce.gif

so strike off liao......kekekekkeeeee...
too bad cant take back the px list, so cannot compare with others... only roughly remembered their pkg..

first time, very blur, nvr even bring notepad to jot down pxs etc.....

we decided to fix a sat to go boutique hunting....kekeke
biggrin.gif

then can go all those along tanjong pagar rd one... as yesterday very late, by the time we finished dinner, already 8pm plus...so managed to see one only.... came out 8.45pm like that, wan go others but too late liao...

pink

thanks wendylee. Will look see some more, and let you know also. So you don't want GHA, then which one in the end? Are they very much more ex? Spoke to them before, they seemed rather nice. But they are too far away, the other end of the earth from me.

Sagi:
I'm also going to look see bridal shops. Wonder if the oldies can tell us: do we have to make appointment to see them or just go. Me very scared hard sell pple, sometimes, I not interested and want to go, but very paiseh. don't know how to say no. Anyway, good luck, share with us your findings.
Oh, there's this thread, 20 bridal shops....someone went to many many, and gave a very detailed account. You can go check, then narrow down your visits.

jan

hi Jul04,

yup, mine will be at mandarin orchard... as for bridal package, think wont be booking so early, prob wait till ard Sept but i've sort of know which one i want!
happy.gif

Ya loh.. as long as u're happy dun need to bother too much abt it...
happy.gif

Actually i like sheraton too, but can't meet their min tables..

silver

wendylee,
I received the invitation liao! Nv call me to confirm, just sent to me. This is the 1st wedding show I attending so wondering what should I look out for?
uhoh.gif

lin,
Ok so beside te tent what else you like to find out?

N

ngpauline

hi wendylee..

then which bridal studio do you have in mind now??
happy.gif

You pay the full amt??

I actually forgo santiago package and i have signed up for 300 bucks. Now since me not going to use it, i will be using the 300 for a free makeup / rom dress..

wendylee

PINK: They have 2 outlet mah, 1 at Yishun.. other at Tampines.

SILVER: Really? Then you call them to reconfirm your seatings lor.... HAHA, but its better to remember to bring your card just in case they left u out! Eeee... although this is the 3rd show Im going... me oso neva purposely go lookout for whatever... me just wana see gowns and the environment 1st. Bocs BF and me havent got any plannings yet... ROM 1st... ROM oso havent really sort out cos still have to wait for other interested buyer to see my package b4 I do transfer if not I have to make alternative arrangements, and thats Y lor....

GALS: Who's going this Sun ah? Mayb this time can meet up?

silver

H Jan, Jul04 and Bunny,

I am looking at 18 Jul cos its our anniversary too. Ve not book anything. In fact just started to look around only. You gals very fast huh? Looks like i must do something liao
embarrassed.gif
Btw, any tips fm experience ladies here?

Actually I would like to ve mine outdoor. Looking at Raffles Marina (RM) & Ochid Country Club (OCC). RM is very nice but far and abit X for buffet ($62+++) whereas OCC is Poolside or Tee Garden charing at $50+++. My concern is most people would think outdoor rather cheap so may lugi alot. What do you gals think? Been to these 2 places for wedding?

Jan & Jul04, how much is your package huh?

Cheers,
silver

wendylee

NGPAULINE: HIhi! Eee... tell you after my transfer has been done can? Thanks ya...! Yes lor, if no-one buy over my package then will make alternative plans/arrangements... like what you mentioned, using up the deposit for ROM packages then...

So you actually signed up with Santiago the one at Bugis? How come dun want liao... then you started sourcing for new bridal already? Cos after you used for ROM then you left with no bridal package liao unless you pay up the balance then its like defer payment lor... but you still get to hold the package. Yah?

cyn

silver
I’m planning to ve solemnisation together with mydinner too. JP suggested on stage too. cos can ve a marc. after attended one, realised tat not really a gd idea. the guests wasnt paying attention, chatting during the ceremony. unless you have a good emcee who can draw their attention on stage or even live broadcast on screen.

i guess GCW selling pt is their full glass panel with landsacpe behind. pillarless, high ceiling ballroom.. relatively new hotel.

sagi, i’m also having the same problem. either the hotel dun reply or they take weeks to reply. how abt four seasons. i’m sure they can cater to your small capacity.

forest, hyatt is nice too. which ballroom catch your attention? who’s ur coordinator? hyatt’s sales is quite pro, friendly too.

lin, raffles hotel has a nice courtyard for solemnisation.. quite nice but kinda steep. can try hyatt garden too.. take note there’s a rental fee of $1000.

pink, hotel inter[con give a very cosy feel. pillarless, high ceiling... 1 waiter to 1 table serve. tat’s good. food not bad. but reception are quite small & many pillars. never been to marriot.. got the impression its kinda disco feel, maybe of the lighting. but the package include free flow beer.. tat’s best man.

silver

wendylee,
Huh received liao still ve to call them to confirm meh? You are sourcing for your ROM or ROM and dinner? Err what transfer package? Abt blur
blush.gif

silver

cin,
I get what you mean. Hmm.. so what you intend to do then? You booked GCW liao?

Anyone ve the idea of GCW package and contact no? Check wif you gals, usually they allow us to hold our tentative bookings for how long huh?

wendylee

CIN: Aiya aiya... you got so many new nicks ah!!! Now cin_p? I find the ballrm in GCW not very big leh... but OrchardHotel is BIGGER... and ceiling not very tall too. Alright lah, only when they opened the 'cutrains' then see grass lor... me tot can see waterfall! LOL

SILVER: No lah... me got wedding package to transfer... and also looking out for ROM packages.
happy.gif

fel

Hi Jan,

My tentative wedding date will also be on 10Jul. Do u think this is a gd date since u also choose this date.

cyn

silver, i'll be using paradiso room - the "wedding chapel" for solemnisation, jus b4 the dinner... but haven really finalised the plan yet.. i've signed up GCW. this is my coordinator email, [email protected]
you can check with her. must tell her you're my fren leh.. but doubt with my name u'll get better perks lah.. haha..

sagi

pink,
thanks! i wld go check the thread....
happy.gif

ya lor, anyone can tell us if must make appt then they wld entertain u or can just walk in.... i know for some, is by appointment only (saw from mags, but cant remember which ones)

cin,
ya lor...i emailed a few hotels, so far only 2 replied... york hotel and oriental...

silver,
marina mandarin got poolside buffet... my bf's uncle whose wedding just over (Apr) held his there....buffet style... his wife told me that it's $50 per pax(i cant remember is nett or ++, wld check n let u know again), but she find the food like not enough, so they top up $10 to $60...
the oriental also got poolside... but their pkg expensive sia.. i wld forward u the email later ;p

N

ngpauline

hi wendylee
actually i sign up with santiago quite impulsively.. cos that's the first one bridal shop that i went to..

my friend was from santiago told me to think twice lor..

So in the end i sign up with flamingo.

I have not told santiago that i dun want their package cos i can hold it for 5 years mah..
But will be telling them soon..

cyn

wendylee, ai ya when i changed to cin, i saw someone with tat too.. so bo bian changed again lor =( ai yo how big & tall you wan.. though their ballroom not very big, but fit my requirement mah.. cant be having 35 tables at a 100 tables ballroom wat.. hotel wont allow tat & ur banquet will look bare also mah... depend on capacity mah... u wan waterfall huh? try shangri-la or sheraton...

cyn

sagi, if you call b4hand, they're more prepared to serve you. but some do entertain us even we walk in... depend on lor... there's a clearance sale at ted wu between 1 – 3 may.. maybe you wan to check it out. i'll be gog tomolo..

jul_04

Hi Jan, silver, bunny, fel
happy.gif
! Counting down the hrs to Labour Day!

Silver - I think outdoor wedding is quite nice, so romantic. Unfortunately, I'm the 'pespiry' kind. Esp when I'm nervous or excited, I'll rain
blush.gif
So non-aircon places are definitely out for me. Have you tried Rasa Sentosa? Mine's $830+++ for Sun dinner banquet.

I have an experience to share, not that I'm trying to impose my views, so don't shoot me ok?

Basically, the hotels was very easy for us. My bf & I just collected brochures from 9 hotels that we like the 'sound of the hotel name' (But we've never been to these hotels cause we can't afford to eat there!) Then straightaway eliminated those that we can't meet min tables / px. In the end, only shortlisted 4 hotels. Things are much simpler this way.

As for the package, as I mentioned b4, it's an impulsive sign-up. We just saw the shop at a wedding fair in Taka, then just signed up even tho we've nvr been to the shop. Still haven't been there yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that their gowns are ok.

Now we're in the process of deciding the programme for actual day, & also calculating our $ stash.

So don't think I'm very experienced w/ bridal matters, coz I'm not! The only reason I booked my hotel & bridal so early is coz I'm blur...

jan

hi fel!!!

actually i got the date thru the mindcity website... for this date it "chong" the monkey, so for us it's ok, and it states it's a good day for marriage... so we took that... for me, we are not so superstitious... but if u are, u may wanna wait till the tong shu is out or u can visit some fortune teller...
happy.gif

So have u done any bookings yet?

HI silver!!

yeah.. raffles marina may be a bit far.. how abt try grand hyatt or oriental garden wedding?? Read that they have it too...
my package is ard $800 nett...
happy.gif

wendylee

CIN_P: HAHA... cos I tot I will see water when the curtains are drawn... cos 'waterfront' mah... kekakeka! I was told that oriental, even you only have 4 tables... they also cater for you! WOW.... Anyway... are you CYN over at Universal Studio thread? Me ystd happen to passby there... then until ystd know the bridal name! Then today pop into the thread to read up...

NGPAULINE: Heyo... so you now have 2 packages on hand lah... ICIC, is your newer one more attractive than Santiago?

silver

cin,
Cin ur actual name? Ok I will email her. Btw, how much is ur package?

sagi,
Hey thanks! So how you find ur bf's uncle wedding overall?

silver

Hi ladies,

Jan,
Yours like so easy leh. Cos I am looking at outdoor so is very much limited.

Jan,
Wats the website you surf? Oh I ve check with Hyatt garden wedding - max 80 pax only. Will find out from Oriental. Thanks ya!

jan

hi ladies!!

Silver: u mean the website for the hotels or the dates website?? if u are talking abt the dates website, u can try http://mindcity.sina.com ... and click on the "hao ri zi cha sun".. something like dat, my chinese very bad, cant read many words!!! haha....

I cant remember where i have seen the pics, but heard that they have the garden weddings... so not too sure.... i think the others like : raffles the plaza, raffles hotel, chijmes, marriot may have the outdoor weddings too... u may wanna check them out too!

Jul04: yeah, that was how we shortlisted the hotels too, eliminate those that we cant meet their min tables... so for me, very limited choices, as i have abt 22 tables...

cyn

wendylee, no water behind the curtain la... hotel by the river lor... wow really, oriental can do 4 tables.. i guess for the smaller rm la.. yup, i'm the one at UBS thread.. did u read up? can u see my worries =(

silver, cindy is my acutal name. mine is $598+++ (weekday)

N

ngpauline

wendylee,
in terms of pricing, nope santiago is more attractive.
In terms of quality and service, i prefer the latter one.

You leh? you thinking of any bridal shops in mind?

silver

cin,
I spoken to sheena and she has email me. Really efficent ya
proud.gif
Btw they ve outdoor wedding package too. $68+++ and will be held at Promenade. You been to GCW rite? Do you know where is their Promendade? Nice?

silver

Thanks Jan! Visited the website but my chinese v bad too so will wait for my bf to check hehe

I ve checked out - Marriot poolside max 150 guests only, Raffles hotel and Shangri-la buffet pretty x - almost $100 per pax so will be out for me lor. Still trying to check out chijmes's no. Any idea it's under what org?

No matter what, thanks ya!

cyn

silver
promenade outside of the hotel, along the river.. there's this giant birdcage as a stage... if the place is done up nicely, quite nice... jus an idea: you can actually walk in by the river taxi. there's a stop jus at the hotel... quite cool leh... i've a pix of it but duno how to attach.. anyone can help?

silver

cin,
Sound like not bad leh. But do you think $68+++ is X for buffet? I dun really know the market rate.

Any idea GCW ve any website? Btw, where is your pic? Mayb you can email to you? [email protected] Thanks ya!

forest

Aiyo gals... i din come for half a day.. n those msgs posted this morning already being archived!!!!!
crazy.gif

cin,
wah.. do update us on ur visit to ted wu okies? hope u get some good buys!!
happy.gif

pink,
wat's ur budget?? I've never been to marriott or hotel inter-con... so, cant give u comments.. but heard hotel inter-con's ballrm is veri veri nice.. marriott supposedly hve very good intelligent lighting... but cos' i hvent seen it for myself.. so, not too sure either...
happy.gif

sagi,
do update us on ur boutique shopping leh.. think wat u can do is browse thru those bridal mags.. those boutiques will usually specify if appt is necessary.. tt's 1 way to start!
biggrin.gif

cin_p,
hyatt's grand ballrm interests me.. but most likely will need to combine the 3 ballrms if i were to take them.. my contact at hyatt is cheryl moo, catering sales mgr.. very professional lady.. warm n friendly.. plus not pushy.. very impressed... did u contact any1 there??

oh.. if any1 of u gals want more info on hyatt, i can pass her contact...
happy.gif

btw, u said there's a rental fee of $1000 for hyatt or raffles garden??

heehee... my contact at GCW is also sheena.. but i hvent decided which hotel... since i only visited 3...

silver,
jus go to www.copthorne.com.sg for GCW's coporate website..