(2004) Brides of year 2004

cyn

antares, shd be able to get one @ $100 lah but depend on her taste lor.. scarly she's very class one. she also wan to be pretty mah. i only ve one bridemaid. the other day went shopping wif her. saw a few from monsoon & cape romance less than $100. she's fine with it. she's the one tat brought me there. think she's more kan qiong. haha.. she did contributed lots of ideas for my wedding so dun mind spending abit more for her.

welcome mimosa.. no worries lah.. we gals shd be able to share ideas. jus a thot. do more research on bridal. a big NO NO for those at exhibtion. never being to sheraton. but heard it's grand. overall quite good. they having table of 12.

angle, i went ted wu yday. magaged to try some gowns.. but cant make it arh.. it's not the gowns. it's my big body lah. din manage to button up. sigh.. some is pretty old design. they do have nice ones. somehow i find the gowns yellowish.

dun worry abt the sale lah... sin 4ever having sale one... i'm jus afraid abt the design. u know lah.. whenever you're out to spend, duno why jus cant find anything you like. so irriating leh...

lin, how have you been? y stress? relax lah..

forest

pink,
shangri-la... the price varies lor.. if u looking at wkday.. price is at 708+++ and 788+++.. wkend is from 838+++ (silver) till very ex.. 1408+++ (platinum).. they have 2 ballrms.. so, think shangri-la can fit ur choice if its a wkday.. or if u take the silver pkg.. u might jus hit under ur budget aft inclusion of taxes... hope this info helps! btw, the ballrms looks sooo nice.. (frm the pics lah.. me did not visit them)
happy.gif

wah... u n tt couple very "you yuan".. how come end up doing things sama sama one?!? *hehe*

welcome mimosa!!
happy.gif

i've gone to hyatt to see their ballrm when they had their wedding affair a few wks ago.. their wedding setups r really nice.. i've also shortlist them as a possible venue.. but will only decide later part of this yr...

abt bridal.. u r rite tt this can be really difficult.. need lots of research i guess.. for me, i will check and ask arnd if they r pushy.. n will avoid them.. cos' i'm no good with rejection.. which is a bad thing...

galz... me feeling very groggy today... really no mood to work man... y cant we have longer holidays?????????????
sad.gif

forest

oh ivory...
happy prepping for ur upcoming ROM okies.....
biggrin.gif

cin_p,
huh?? the gowns at ted wu r yellowish ah.... sounds a little disappointing hor...

wendylee

SILVER: Thanks for the mails again! WOW, after printed out the whole stack and its a thick stack of papers ah! Need to bring back to BF and view view... no comments so far... but seems only M_Hotel got Jacuzzi wor. Will comments after browsing. THANKS!

cyn

forest, ya lor.. abit disappointing.. cant be help leh i guess.. 2nd hand mah... close one eye lor, take it as ivory lor. some design quite outdated. tat's the reason why they're having this sale. clear old for new.

*yawn* so tired mah... TGIF...

pink

Hi antares and ngpauline,
don't listen to me about Michelle. There are pple who like her very much. THink she's the kind that if she loves you, you'll get along really well. I'm sure she's very professional, so, don't get me wrong. just warning only.

Thanks silver, I'll go have a look at the email.

Forest: ya lor don't know why so qiao but, we are not like super close friends. My bf's colleague.

ivory

hi antares / cin_p / sagi / AngelBB

hee… dunno he real panic or not
happy.gif
oni hear him chanting n chanting but no action yet
happy.gif
if he really wun then dun turn up lor
happy.gif

hmmm…4 more days to go… wah, fast leh..

Wed went to 2nd fit my ROM gown liao, the designer added some crystals n beads so look not so worn out liao… but the problem is the bust area they take in too much.. now all my fats at the top kanna squeezed out liao
proud.gif
kekeke…. now really look liake a bak zang…

hi silver

dunno abt him lah… he not really into all this things, but the ppl around him are, so more or less he know a bit lor
happy.gif

hi Mimosa

welcome welcome
happy.gif

hi forest

thanks thanks.. too bad I can’t take off tdy n Mon, else I’ll be at home kiao kar n resting, then can be mei mei
happy.gif

N

ngpauline

hey pink
no worries lah...
wink.gif

i only think her face looks stern but looks can be deceiving wat..
No worries gal!

Y

yellow tulip

Hi all,

Im new here... Also will be a 04 bride... Now stressing over the banquet venues... Hard choices... I like Hyatt a lot, the deco, ambience etc. But due to my no of tables, have to take the grand ballrm and it has pillars... Moreover its weekend rates's killing me. Really have to think twice...

Saw Mandarin. Wow, its package is very attractive. But its ballrms have pillars and the sitting arrangements very weird... Its grand ballrm has no pillars though, but min of 50 tables is too much for me...

Anyone has suggestions of good venues for less than 40 tables?

I

ino

ohmygoodnesssss....!!! so many postings...*eyes blur blur*.

Hi wendylee,
me going for the alkaff mansion show this sunday. rec their invite...i'm No. 49!!! Seems like they are getting a lot of couples to go to their show. Very determined to go as i did not manage to go to other wedding shows...
Hmmm...wondering whether they allow us to take photos there...

Hi ivory,
have conveyed those "words of wisdom"...no use lahhh ;-( *raise white flag*
btw...went to try gowns today...wanted to MTM my EG...but i'm getting a headache having to think of designs...also, my FH seems to have different ideas (he prefers the gown to be more "revealing"). How? i feel like shopping for my own EG instead of MTM.

Hi yellow tulip,
it depends on yr budget. there are so many nice hotels that can hold less than 40 tables.

wendylee

YELLOW TULIP: Welcome!!! Me duno when will have wedding banquet but same as other brides-to-be has been sourcing around when there's info available. So I do not have much comments for you... cos Im only currently preparing for my ROM which in late 03 too! GEssssh, Im sure some of us here sure be of your help. Cheers!

INO: Hey... so you will be going for the show this Sun? WOW! Mine is #95... hehehe, I think you registered earlier than me wor...

GALS: Its TGIF... and lesser postings... must be preparing for weekend wor... or havning long weekend already? LOL

ivory

hi Yellow Tulip

welcome welcome
happy.gif
yes, take ur time n look around for suitable venues
happy.gif
u sure can find one dat u like n within ur budget
happy.gif

hi ino

huh? dun understand... u say wan to MTM ur EG, then u say wan to shop for ur EG.. so wat u wan??? is ur EG MTM in ur bridal package? if yes then take it lor, why spend dat extra money?
happy.gif

silver

Hi ladies,

Wow so many postings ya. ok ok...

wendylee, Lin & sagi,
I just back from Orchid Country Club. Personally don't really like their outdoor. Their so call Tee Garden is actually at their atrium facing the garden and next to the pool. I find it 'too open' cos at atrium anyone can pass by so no privicy. And overall look rather cheapskates - sorry if I ve offended anyone. Just personally opinion. Went to see their ballroom too. Ballroom is nice and setup very nice too. So for those considering OCC, I would recommend their ballroom than outdoor.

Was at conrad as my bf's brother has a room there. And so happen they are having a poolside birthday function tonite. Overall setting not bad but compare to Amara, Amara seems better but the plus point of Conrads is it's sheltered.

Lin, now I will narrow down to Raffles Marina, Chijmes, Fort Canning and perhaps some hotel poolside. Saw Chijmes setup in one of the website, not bad leh. In fact, if your guests not many, you can consider Art Museum too
lame.gif

silver

Ivory,
Hey excited over your coming ROM?
lol.gif

Pink,
No problem. Happy viewing ya.

Yellow Tulip,
Welcome! Well I ve quotations from quite a no of hotels. If you interested, I can email to you. But again, everyone's preference various so it's best for you to go down to take a look and see if you and ur FH really like the place.

Lin,
I may consider GCW too cos feedbacks very gd but ve yet to go down to take a look
happy.gif

I

ino

hi wendylee,

yupz yupz...i kiasu s'porean.
biggrin.gif

BTW, any way to recognise u??
hopefully wun rain tomorrow...otherwise may change my mind into going.
;-)

Hi ivory,
my MTM EG is in the bridal package. however, i find it very very difficult to think of a design. moreover, they will charge extra if i want nice nice lace or if i want embriodery or extensivebeading. *sigh*
mabbe i will convert the cost for the MTM EG into more photos lor. Thinking of going to allure charix to have a look at the pret-a-porter collection of EGs. Do u have any other recommendation for off-the-rack EG?

ivory

hi silver

hmm... still okay lor, no jitters yet
happy.gif
me just noe that can book the garden at the ROM centre for solemnisation, so now keeping my fingers crossed see whether can get it or not, then no restrict on no. of ppl attending liao
happy.gif

my bf just booked a suite at the Grand Plaza Hotel so dat later in the evening after the ROM, all our frens can come over for gathering n drinking session
happy.gif

hi ino

y difficult leh? u can refer to magazines for ideas ah
happy.gif
why they so bad? charge extra for lace n beads? why they never offer to come up with a design for u? why such poor service (sorry...)

silver

Ivory,
Well at least ur bf is doing something
happy.gif
I heard abt booking at the garden. You ve to pre book or wat?

Ino & Ivory,
Heard from my sis Allure Charix having some bridal promotion? Btw, you gals been to AC? Any comments?

lin

hi silver,
thanks for the comments on OCC
happy.gif
Okie..at least i've some idea. Art musuem, we have to do everything by ourselves right. I find it quite expensive because rental charges are by itself.. and they don't provide decor etc. Will be waiting for your comments & quotations on alkaff
happy.gif

hi ivory,
i say early first just in case if i miss... congratulations on your ROM!
biggrin.gif

silver

Lin,
Dun mention but that's my personal opinion lah. Art musuem is charging $1300 for rental (5-11pm) and the max seating dinner is 120pax, standing buffet is 150-200pax. Chijmes's rental is $3600 for weekend nites and max 300 pax for seating dinner. Ok will tell you more after attending Alkaff...

wendylee

INO: HIhi...!!! Eeeee, how to spot me ah... OH, both me and my bf will be wearing light blue polo-tshirt. Pls pop a HI if you do get to see me yah? BTW, you leh? HEeeee

doreamon

Hi gals, wow! The thread really moving fast. For the past 1 weeks or so, i have not been in and most of the postings already archived liao!
happy.gif
I am back now after finally completing my four years course....a great feeling and relief!
happy.gif

Hi binbin, seem that the style wedding show not so good after all?? Btw, i was supposed to turn up but on sat, received a call from boss saying that 3 operators in my workarea were down with fever and the most scarily is that they went to the pasir pajang wholesale centre. Asked to stay home till they are clear so in the end have to inform pebbles that i cannot go! I was feeling very disappointed then.....

After reading what u have posted, not so disappointed liao...:p

Hi mimosa, welcome here!

Hi silver and sagi,
if any of u are going for bridal hunting, best to look through the list of bridals that u like, then call for appointment, request to try the gowns and talked to the designer including packages prices etc etc. Most of them prefer appointments. Me myself went through Dang bridal, siloutte (i think i spelled wrongly but cannot remember, pls pardon me :p), Le Galleria, white link, bridal zone, Graceful image, bridal veil, vanity bridal, everbliss bridal. Really loved LG services, allowed my friend and me to try their gowns at the same time. The rest only willing to let my friend try first becos' her wedding earlier mah... Of course, LG's gowns are lovely!

Dang bridal she got mood swing so personally don't like her. White link's gowns are not bad especially the OTR ones but their MTM gowns unless u top up extra $$$ otherwise rather simple. For siloutte, their gowns also not bad but failed to give me the "wow" feeling. Bridal veil's gowns are also okie, their package included mtm shoes. For Graceful image, they are quite hard sell, don't like. For Everbliss, they are terrible. For Bridal zone, no comments since i only looked at their packages. Vanity, i have looked at their gowns, simple and sweet. Pricewise very reasonable but they are very new. In fact, vanity is opened by my friend's friends. Wanted to try them but i still prefer LG's gowns.
happy.gif

In addition, always know what u want before confirming the package. Hope the above help.
happy.gif

M

mango cheese cake

Hi there,

i am a 2004 bride too, my rom date will be in sept. planning to get a solemisation outdoor, how to i go about doing it> how many months before should i register and book the justice of peace...

btw, me have booked beaufort for my wedding next year!!!! price is not that bad and get quite a deal from their wedding show!

mimosa

Hello BTBs,

Any of you got quotations from various bridal shops (any shop also can!) esp Blush Blush Couture? I have only been to White Link to check out the price and I'm looking at the $4588 package. Dunno whether it's reasonable or not coz have not been to others. They do not allow me to take back the quotation so I can only remember some of the items in the package. I'm very lost when it comes to gowns, coz hubby leave the decision to me. He likes the suits from Raffles tailor, but I dun think we want to top up extra to get the suits elsewhere and not from the bridal shop itself. Please advise...

My email is [email protected].

jan

Hi Jul04,

Just wondering how's the Oriental ballroom set up? Well, just for curiosity.. coz never check out the place, is it better than mandarin orchard??

silver

Hi Ino & wendylee,
How you find the wedding show? For me, this is my first time to wedding fair and guess what, I met 2 of my friends and my bf met 2 of his friends there. What a small world
happy.gif

Personally quite nice the place but the neg pt is that I ve to separate my guests. If I am going to have mine there, we will take the West Terrace & 1st level. But one thing I forgotten to ask is I was told that the tentage in West Terrace is always there, then why do we have to build marquee? Gals, any idea why? The other concern is location as it's quite inconvenient and parking limited.

Lin,
Alkaff itself have a pavilion for solemnization (if you want it outdoor) so you don't ve to pay for it. You can view it in their website. The place itself is separated to 1st level of mansion which can hold 8 tables, 2nd floor 12 tables, west terrace 12 tables and east terrace (forgotten how many). Hmm.. what else you like to know huh? Perhaps Indo and wendylee would ve more to share?

X-Zen was there at the fair too. Their MTM WG & LG is $3999 (or $3888). Indo & wendylee, how do you gals find the price? I ve not shop for bridal so ve no idea but seems to me abit X cos I ve friends who signed up for bridal at $3200-3500. Well, my boss had his at X-Zen and the photo turned up very nice.

doreamon,
Thanks for sharing so much. So have you decided which bridal? Btw, ve you come across Allure Charix and X-Zen?

Mango Cheese Cake,
How much is your beaufort package? Indoor or outdoor?

silver

Hi gals,

I just back from Alkaff Bridal Fair. The place is very nice but a few setback as I will ve to separate my guests as their West Terrace and Hall cannot acc all. The other concern is parking area pretty limited.

Btw, X-Zen was there too and their MTM WG + LG package is $3999 (or $3888 can't remember exact). How do you gals find the package? As I ve not shop for bridal so ve no idea but like abit X cos my friend had hers at $3200-3500.

jan

Hi!!

Hi silver
happy.gif
, so are u still thinking of holding it at Alkaff since you'll have to separate the guests?

Hmm... not sure about the works of x-zen, but if it's $3999 for MTM package, it seems quite reasonable... coz usually for the more "branded" bridal shops, their MTM package could be $4-5k..

silver

Hi Jan,

Hmm... have not decided cos ve not seen Raffles Marina & Chijmes. Beside ve to separate guests and parking, Alkaff is quite a nice place. Saw 2 poolside wedding (Amara & Conrad), Amara one quite nice too. My bf and I find both Alkaff and poolside setting nice too so now kind of cannot decide which is better. The more i see the more I blur
blush.gif

Oh so X-Zen package is reasonally lah. So ve you booked your bridal?

jan

hello silver,

Yah.. it's like that.. the more u see the more blur u'll get!! But do it slowly... dun make impulsive decisions too!
happy.gif
since to book for july guess still have some time b4 all the dates are booked...

Nope, havent book my bridal yet, but think i'll most likely book Flamingo... heard good comments abt them, and like their gowns which i saw in the magazines!! I guess i'll take an OTR WG but MTM EG package from them.. think their package costs $3288...

Hey, maybe u may wanna check out the X-zen thread to find out more abt them first... This was wat i did, go thru some bridal shops threads that i shortlisted and see whether majority good or bad comments!! :D

For bridal package wise, we can book 10 months in advance, this is not so urgent, will think the venue is more impt for now...
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan,
Thanks for all you sharing. Ya agreed with you that venue is more impt now. Will go and take a look at Raffles Marina & Chijmes b4 making any decision.

OTR = off the rake? Ya seems like Flamingo is very popular. Heard pretty gd comments so far. Will consider that too and Allure cos my sis and 2 of my friends had theirs there. Hey tell me more after you book.

Cheers,
silver

questy

Halo to all,

long time no see, just finish my papers, so i'm enjoying my holidays now, he....!

I've so being to the bridal show at Alkaff Mansion, nv come in so dun knw some of u went there too. I like the 2nd level, cos the view is very very nice leh. The show is also nice.

I think it's a nice place for small gathering, if can get the western setting, it's even nicer, very romantic place.

Same as silver's point, quite inconvenient to go up there, got to drive or tk cab.

Hi Silver,
How do u find the show? I found the service is very good, very well organised rgt? Abt the marquee, I was sweaty and sticky throughout the show even though the mist fans are on, since I usually dun sweat tat much, so it's considered very humid for me.

I like parts of different gowns, if I can piece them togather,then it'll be perfect, he.....!

antares

hi mimosa, yello tulip, mango cheese cake,
welcome..
happy.gif

hi AngelBB,
actually I am also thinking of getting the bridesmaid's dress during GSS but like u say lor, seems a bit early..:pP But if wait until Christmas sale, I also scared wait I can't any suitable wan..:p Why your bridesmaid will not be happy leh?.. But I tot still the same dress mah.. it is just that we get it during a sale..:p

hi cin_p,
heehee... dun think my bridesmaid to be is a very choosy girl lah..
happy.gif
Would u mind roughly describe how the dress looks like that you got from monsoon or cape romance? Me also hope to get sth around $100 or maybe less :)P) for the bridesmaid dress.

hi Ivory,
1 more day to your ROM... all preparations done?

hi ino,
I share the same sentiments as you. Dun know if u got see my earlier postings, I got mentioned before I dun really like my WG very mcuh cos' it is rather plain and I think a bit too simple. But when I request MTM, the pple also said that I can't have too much details, otherwise need to top up $$. Then I think not worth it. Top and top then end up can get a designer package..
think they are quite bad somehow lah.. when I sign up the package, they never tell me that MTM design also got restriction wan..
sad.gif
Very sad hor?...

hi doreamon,
congratulate on your graduation..
happy.gif

finally right?..
happy.gif
So u intend to look for job now?

hi silver,
U mean X-Zen's MTM WG & LG is $3999 ? U mean the package or just the gown leh? Btw, what is LG??
hee...

silver

Hi Questy,
This is the first wedding show I been so dunno what's the usual but personally like the place and show. Yes service quite good. Err.. felt hotter b4 I went in to the marquee. Maybe becos I am rite below the fan
rofl.gif
Hey, do you ve any idea why do we ve to build the marquee for west terrace since it's already there? So are you considering your dinner at Alkaff?

Antares,
Sorry should be EG (evening gown). It's the package...

wendylee,
Hey you and your bf wore qin niu zhuang (sky blue polo T)? Think my bf saw you guys... Didn't read the msg until I am back so never notice but my bf remember seeing a couple in blue polo T.

lin

hi silver,
thanks for the opinion.
happy.gif
i'm glad you can go there. Yes, i know what you mean. I saw there is a kind of small place where you can hold your solemnization. You're mentioning about the marquee. Is the marquee those huge long tents which can cover up for guests in case it rains?

questy

Hi silver,
This is also my first wedding show, and i also love the place. I dun think the marquee is always there, unless there's a function, cos some couples who hv their dinner "under the star-light" may not need the marquee when the weather permits. U read the small paragraph at the "others" under the wedding package, the marquee is "strongly recommended" for the function by Alkaff Mansion, quite ex though, $800 + GST.

I like the room at level 2, very homely feeling, and with air-con! My FH knw tat place, and commented the food is good there. I also love the sea view from level 2, can be super romantic. I hv alot of children in my guest list, so those chicky children may spoil the atmosphere, so got to choose a place which is more roomy for them to roam abt.

I find it quite hard to bargain for stuffs, and transporation is not very convenient, so cun choose there. Sad.

jan

Morning!

Yup, silver, OTR is off the rack... yes will share when i book it... but i think i'll only book in Sep/Oct..
happy.gif

doreamon

Hi Questy,
Haaa...haa....like me also finished exams liao...the feeling is shiok right!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Alkaff Mansion is indeed a very romantic place, was once on my list too...but FH against the idea of garden wedding
sad.gif

Heee...heee...
embarrassed.gif
...all of u can see my plan like all going the wrong direction, first i booked my bridal with EB then i sourced ard the idea of ROM plus venue then i sold off my EB package now back to square one without anything :p Still looking at ROM packages plus venue. Supposed to come out with the guest lists by this sat and places to have lunch. Yesterday night, mentioned to FH regarding the ROM ceremony whether to do in the venue of lunch or do it the ROM registry itself.......FH against the idea of doing it outside the ROM registry. Still thinking hard...

doreamon

Hi Mango cheese cake!
Welcome to join us! U will soon see we gals here yak yak a lot and the posting can be archived within one day....
biggrin.gif

Hi anatres,

Thanks! Yup....i am now actively looking for jobs but chemical field like not much vacancy recently.
sad.gif

Btw, u mentioned regarding MTM need to top up if you want more details right? Actually they always like that, meaning when u sign up the MTM package right, they will tell u any design or any material also can but "forgetting" to tell u that their any design are those very very simple type not those with details. Therefore, i think if u are in SGP taking package, it's better to have a OTR package. Of course, that will depend whether the bridal have nice OTR gowns or not. Otherwise, in order to have a detailed gown, the usual price is to top up ard $200-$300.
happy.gif

Hi Silver,
I don't have the above mentioned bridals's experience as i have not visited them yet.
happy.gif

sagi

hi gals

wow, me four days nvr pop by here.....so many positngs liao.... *blur*

mimosa, yellow tulip, mango cheese cake
welcome welcome...
i also equally blur abt wedding preparations...quite new also.....joined this forum around same time as silver

silver,
thanks a lot! i got amara, pan pac, marina mandarin and marriott hotel quotations from u liao....what else is missing ahh?? i see until see stars liao, think going to print out everything and bring home to look....

doreamon,
thanks for the advice...ok, wld shortlist those i more interested in and call them for appt...
happy.gif

ivory,
must update us on ur rom wor...
biggrin.gif

pebbles

Hi ladies...
happy.gif

This thread is indeed moving ah...!!! getting too fast for me liao...
happy.gif
Have being busy with my rom prep so didn't come in that often...hope i didn't miss out on much...let me see...

first of all, welcome to all the newcomers...before i start my posting....announcement...first...ALL NEWCOMERS, we have a mailing list which has all the 04 brides contacts and details, please feel free to email me at [email protected] with yr details and i will add u on to the list..
happy.gif

The thread getting too long and me too lazy to read it lah but browse thru it so try to help help abit...

Doremon,
hope u r feeling better..
happy.gif
i also felt quite disappointed for not going to the Style bridal show but after reading Binbin's posting, felt so much better ah..
happy.gif
so u decided on your bridal package yet...??? think u felt in love with LG gowns rite, i know they have really lovely gowns and the designer is a really nice lady..
happy.gif
can consider..
happy.gif

Ivory,
hey excited or not??? one more day to go before your rom, so everything done liao...???? after yrs will be mine liao..eehhe..
happy.gif

Lin,
dun feel so stress lah, u stress over what ah...me too lazy to read all the postings so hope u r feeling much better now..
happy.gif

all newcomers looking for bridal packages and hotel venues..
happy.gif

It's never easy looking for bridal packages and hotel venues but do take yr time and look at as many as u want before making a decision, i look at so many till my head also spinning ah...ahaha..
happy.gif
maybe it's a good idea to look at as many as u like first and sign with them during their bridal show..
happy.gif
they always give better peaks during their bridal shows..
happy.gif
so ladies, good luck in yr hunt..
happy.gif
and feel free to shot us any questions as u like cos think of the oldies here have settled their bridal packages and hotel liao so should be able to give quite good advise..
happy.gif

Yellow tulips..
happy.gif

maybe u might want to take a look at Merchant court and GCW, these two have high ceiling and pillarless ballroom, can take a look at Orchard hotels too..
happy.gif

lin

hi mango cheese cake,
welcome
happy.gif

hi questy,
so the marquee is those kind of long cover up tent for guests to have shade right? In case it rains, at least guests can still be under the marquee, right? quite alright lah... 800 + white tent?

pebbles

hi mango cheese cake,
think u mention something abt having yr rom outside rite...sorry missed out on yr posting earlier...

ok, first of all,if u r getting those really popular JPs like David loh then u will need to call him as early as possible, in fact, rite after u decide on your rom date, u should call him up else he's really hot stuff, always taken...that's what happen to me and if your rom date happen to be a popular date then the more u should call him up early, after u settle yr JP, decide on yr location then u need to your JP to sign on a form and u can then do efiling with ROM,after u efile, print out those receipt thingy and bring your documents to ROM for them to verify your documents then u r only left with things like your gown, your FH suit etc...hope it helps..
happy.gif

Lin,
Thanks Lin...
happy.gif
will check that out

wendylee

SILVER & DOREAMON & QUESTY: Hi! Yes lor... both in polo-t (blushed)! Me find the place hot hot hot becoming very sticky b4 the show starts. Find the place very cosy...

I actually teased my BF about his ideas of having ROM venues, and he say will consider AM but it seems the venue is not really convinence. Didnt managed to ask alot with the coordinator, were only asked to call them back later for quotes. But they have min paxs and the price for the menus were not better off as in promo leh cost the same too. My BF was thinking if were to pay the same, y not get those in hotels where its more convinent and since SAY YES have those Garden packages... also can consider having it at 2 different place. But my BF likes the type of cocktail serving lah... haha

Btw, ystd anyone went up #02 for reception? What do they serve? Isit only upon signing up packages liao then can eat? HAHA, my BF was pampered by the Orientals' show where they served banquet dishes... and he expected to be served that when he go for shows! KOAZ

Got the Goldheart vouchers.... but cant buy wedding bands....! SIGH

ivory

hi silver,

so far no response from the ROM, so I think most likely I can’t get the garden
happy.gif

yes, its pre-book, for now I dunno if u gotta sign up package with SayYes.. ROM has a form for booking of the garden for 30 mins slot
happy.gif

hee… I din sourced for much bridal shop, settled with one datz near my home
happy.gif
cos my bf very lazy one…

hi Lin

thanks thanks
happy.gif
tmr is the big day liao
happy.gif

hi mango cheese cake,

welcome welcome
happy.gif

I think u can start sourcing for ur JP 1st, see if the one u prefer is available on ur date or not
happy.gif
then u can book ur date once u got a JP..

hi antares / sagi / Pebbles

yeah… 1 more day to my big day.. no jitters yet
proud.gif
preparations more or less lor, last nite collect gown liao, tonite go set my hair at my frequent salon plus mani/pedicure.. my bf to collect flowers… think nothing much liao
happy.gif

I

ino

hi wendylee,

i was dressed in white shirt and brown mini-skirt...my boyfriend was also in white shirt but beige bermudas. don't rem seeing a couple with baby blue shirt...

yep, the 2nd flr reception was for those who signed up yesterday. i find the place very very quaint but too bad, location is not ideal. the view fr the 2nd flr was breathtaking...my FH loves the view. Was thinking of having my solemnisation there but think that it's too expensive ($40+++ for lunch buffet!).

btw, i took some photos of the gowns there. i lurrrvvv their EGs! very sexy...with those high high slits! too bad, i'm quite short...so no long legs to show!

hi antares,
hehehe...i have to incur additional costs if i want those embriodered lace material for my EG.I felt that he matls that they used on the gowns do not have the "WOW" factor...mabbe it's the design. ;-)

most prob, i am going to arab street to get the lace matl...it's going to cost me approx $100/m!!!!. i think my gown is going to cost me $500 in total. That's why i wanna check out designer boutiques for EG if i'm paying so much! Any recommendations?

M

mango cheese cake

Hi doreamon , silver, pebbles, lin and all the ppl out there!

This thread really moving very fast in just one day!

While, my beaufort package is $628+++ per table.
I took the biggest ballroom which can only accomodate 26 tables.
Promotion freebies - free flow of beer & every 11 table free 1 table...
Mine is indoor, but i got a fantastic view of the south china sea! i got it during their bridal show!!!

While, if anyone want to ask me abt marina mandarin's package, food, ambience. I am all well verse coz me work for the hotel before. Used to be their bqt sales manager before....but not now coz moved to another hotel...

Well, I do have a lot of friends working in other hotels so if you can ask me anything ...i try my best to help you gals out....

Thanks for all the information about ROM procedure...I will try to get hold of David Loh, do you have his contact no???

And I need to use the garden at ROM coz my family and friends is too big! do anyone know about the pricing or what is their package all about... coz i tried to call them but they are very busy to entertain me... Do i book the garden directly from ROM instead??? Plese help me on this...

binbin

hi hi....wow, thread super fast-moving yar?
happy.gif

welcome to Yan, Mimosa, yellowtulip and mangocheesecake!!!!! hope u have fun here....think u oredi are....hehhehehe....
21378.gif

doremon, yah loh, style wedding not beri well organised lah. so u din miss much. just that some of the gowns are nice. but of course u can always go down to those shops, and ask to try the gowns that they paraded.
happy.gif

yes yes i love le galleria's service too. we were so fed-up with the pushysales at others, and when we went to LG, both of us were impressed. doreen is soooo genuine and nnice...
happy.gif

cin, so the ted wu clearance wasn't good huh? sorrie neber reply u as i was busy on labour day so din go loh...
happy.gif

mimosa, like i said, both my FH and I also hate those pushy sales ppl. but we wun get stuck with them, coz both of us are quite firm if we dun want to stay. we will tell them "we do not intend to make decisions now, we will need to go back and discuss with each other. if we do come back, we will definitely look for you...." or something like that. if they say things like "but i can't offer u such a good price if u come back later you know?", we will give them a face, so be it. those r stupid excuses to make ppl stay. if they are realli sincere, they will hold the price for u, and not force u to sign up NOW to fix the price. or u can do what some of the girls here do. go with a girlfriend. then u can have the xcuse of saying u need to discuss with ur FH.
happy.gif

mangocheesecake! u booked beaufort ah? it has been renamed sentose resort and spa right? frm what i heard, wedding couples there get to enjoy a free spa treatment on their wedding day? is that right? i love spas!!!!!