(2004) Brides of year 2004

carole

Yvonne: sure.. when is the next meet up? i work in Raffles Plc... My AD is cfm on 18 Oct. at MM...

Unicorn: Thanks.... jumping on Board.

carole

Hi Girls, my AD is cfm on 18 Oct... MM has back to me.. and i can start planning.. but then.. like in a big hurry... SB stress

AMy: why say sorry.... just let me know.. when u are comfortable..

rainibowbunny

hi carole...
don't feel to stress ,just relax hor.... anythings you can discuss with us... I will try to help if I can.....
wink.gif

peeper

hi adeline.... hehe.. tks for yr consolation.. going to view pics later!! *nervous*

i believe BS will hv another fitting for u a few days b4 u collect yr gowns... so no worries!
108087.gif

babysheep22

Hihi Unicorn

I think for hoods and hobs, ariston is quite a good brand. My house hoods and hob was provided by my contractor. It's ariston. Technogas is good as well.

I think Technogas is more value for money. Ariston is quite pricey. But if u are buying an oven, Ariston is very good.

Hi Carole

Welcome welcome. Which part of Raffles Plc u working. I am working there too!! We can meet up again.

Feroy

Gongxi gongxi. Got buy 4D or not? Finally got the "rare" opportunity to rest on a Saturday. Phew.. so shiok right? Yesterday I went for a wedding dinner in Malaysia, now so shack I feel like collapsing.

kellylims

hi joelle,

i have just meet up wth stansiel on last wednesday and confirm the design of the WG and 15 jul'04, it should be ready. as for the EG will probably discuss on the 15 Jul'04.

how about you?

babysheep22

Dear ladies

I finally uploaded the photos of the ring pillow and unity candle I made... here's the link for anyone who's interested.
http://sg.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sheepytiger/album?.dir=/55dc

My hubby coming back tonight. To celebrate his homecoming, I decorated the house till it looks like a spa. Complete with essential oils and rose petals formed into a heart shape on the cotton satin bedsheet. Wonder if he will be touched.... hehe.

Anyway, tomorrow is monday. Enjoy urself while the weekend lasts.

Cheers!

blurunicorn

Babysheep:
Thanx for your info ..
We've been to shops selling Ariston and Technogas ...
Ariston is definitely more pricey ..
But looks nicer lah ..
Technogas is value-for-money but still prefer Ariston one ..
I juz saw ur pics and all I can say is that you r really good at making these crafts ..
Where did u purchase the materials huh ??
I'm very interested ..
wink.gif

hi_485

Hi all!

Just heard an old wives' tale. For those trying for a healthy and obedient bb, attempt at hitting BINGO on a stormy and thunderous night is a no-no. A peaceful sleep is recommended on nights like those.

tealeaf

Hi Skylar,
Yep the Amore sessions do help me to lose weight, plus whenever after workout, I will just makan an appple & pear then zz liao ... coz by then will be too late to eat dinner
happy.gif

Hi No-time,
Make up is really very amazing. You may find the makeup not so nice at times but the pictures turn out perfect, so don't worry too much. I find my makeup very nice but the pictures from HB's camera doesn't look that good loh. But I am okie with it since it's only trial, will highlight to MUA on PS.

Hi Adeline,
Thanks for your complement but seriously, I find myself okie looking only, thus hopefully the makeup & camera tricks can really make me ravishing ... hahaha
Talking about face *sigh*, I have a rather broad face too & HB has a sharp & narrow one, thus really have to depend on MUA & photograher to make me & HB look compatible & nice liao.

adidas

carole
thanks! shall arrange with u later .. i esp like french mani & pedi .. haha
glad u got a date
happy.gif

let us know if u need help ya

amy
oic, i think dat's a nice place .. my last visit there was many many years ago! hehe ...
i'm also interested to buy leh, can help me buy 6 bottles? maybe seabreeze & i can arrange to pick from from u?

bebee

hi everyone!
happy.gif

hope you all have a great weekend! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit... and I have to apologise in advance, cuz I will be MIA for at least the next week too... I am involved in CommunicAsia at the Expo... so been very busy... sigh... well it will be over soon!
happy.gif

Thurs gathering
nice to meet all of you gals.. food was good... so was the conversation, wow we did have a lot to talk... to everyone, thanks for sharing tips & contacts!

yvonne & emily
too bad u gals had to leave early, but understand... see you again next time ya?
happy.gif

emily have a good n safe trip!

chubbyrain & ivory
too bad sit a bit far, didnt get to chat much... but got to catch up in the train
happy.gif

babysheep
think its great that you went thru EE w your hubby.. i aim to do it sometime mid-way thru our marriage
happy.gif

u looked a bit pale, so do take care of your health... weight wise, I think u have gotten fantastic results! u will look mei mei in your designers gown!

exctiting
u get to do overseas outdooe shoot... envy envy.. me n BF pretty normal so never plan any cool things to do, we simple simple.. but i am sure if you use bikini n shoot sure very sexy!! must show us pix ya!!! enjoy!
ps thanks for the gift!! keke

lina
pretty gal! think u n BF very good at planning, next time must go to u for financial planning advise hehe
happy.gif
btw, my place is very very small, went to peep at it today... sighz oh well thats the most we can afford... our little cosy home.. now have to see all the ID/ contractor... hope the defects check dun take too long...

feroy
nice to meet u! also another very attractive oct brides.. last time must have make a lot of the officers cannot concentrate... kekeke

coco
thanks for letting me browse your wedding mag...keke hope u find a very good and inexpensive florist... ya ... me eat too much hor... u keep askin me to eat... all the other gals so good control... dun eat main course, dun eat dessert.. sigh me so failure...

polosportjg

Hi gals.

i MIA for quite some time... saw someone new.
Hi Purple.
happy.gif
seems our thread very very active.

Serene, like ur wedding website. if got time, will try to figure out creating one for myself + FH.

Adidas, did u mention b4 tht u be wearing KUA for tea dress?? not sure did I remember correctly? Wat type of shoes shld we wear if tea dress is KUA? any advise from you gals?

Just went to BS this evening & confirm my WG, EG, tea-dress (KUA),outdoor WG + 1 PS WG.
biggrin.gif

Now panic, hven't bought my wedding shoes.
bounce.gif

Any gd recommendations?

Wow Amy , u went to desaru for PS. SO envy!
smile.gif

Haven't arrange my date of PS.But most likely around the same time as adidas,seabreeze & moonlight.
so where u gals going for outdoor PS?
wink.gif

Gals read abt u all mentioning abt mani & pedi.
me interested also leh!
Carole can PM me the details of the promotion?
happy.gif

Amy can tell me more abt the ampule u talking abt making u mei mei b4 PS?
happy.gif

Me busy with hse renov.....going mad with so many things to do ...
bounce.gif

tealeaf

Hi ladies,

I have added my photos of trial makeup & 2nd fitting in the "First Fitting" album ... go see see & comment, okie
happy.gif

Hi Jen,
Your PS pictures look stunning !!! You are such a "gu dian" beauty !!!

Hi Alexus,
I find your WG simply gorgeous !!!! What material is the outer layer of the gown made of? So beautiful !!!

adidas

hi twinkle
yap, u r right! am wearing kua for tea dress, i asked my designer what shoes shd i wear, those specially for kua?? she said i can just wear EG shoes as i will be sourcing for silver, it will be more modern .. i also did not want to spend extra on the shoe for kua ..

i have no idea on the location shoot yet also .. hehe

when's yr renov targetted to handover?

hakida

piglets,

i attended a dinner at PP ocean BR yesterday night,the menu goes like this:
1)deluxe cold cut's combination(suckling pig,roast duck,prawn salad,mini octopus,jelly fish)
2)spring roll filled with mango & sauteed coral clam with celery & xo chillin sauce.
3)shark's fin
4)marinated farm chicken in chinese herbs & soya sauce,smoked with jasmine tea
5)steamed sea perch fish with black bean sauce
6)braised sea cucumber with blackmushroom & spinach
7)fried rice with BBQ pork & prawn
8)red bean with lotus seed & lily bud

All the food are nice and well presented.The waitress are prompt in getting drinks for us too.They will re-fill ur glass when the drinks are almost finished.

hakida

Sally,maybe u want to update to this list.

List of December Brides (2004)
==================================================
2nd - White Orchids (In Wedding, Le Meridien, Hougang)
2nd - Inlove (Kowloon, Oriental, Punggol)
2nd - Winterhakone (BV, Fullerton, Punggol)
2nd - JG/newyjg (Sheraton Towers)
2nd - Joelle/moonny (GHA, Amara)
3rd - Smallonion (Everbliss, Concord Hotel)
3rd - bynne (Sophia, Oriental, Tampines)
5th - Twinkeleglint(Whitelink, Pan Pac, Woodlands, berryhappy, earnest video)
5th - Meagan (Qings Bridal, Noble House, Sengkang)
5th - Wise (Inwedding, RTC, Jurong)
6th - gannk (Le Meridien)
8th - LingLing (Bridal Concept, M Hotel, moomedia, AMK)
9th - secret garden (Divine,Conrad, Telok Blangah, Hilarion, Ernest Video)
9th - lichristin (Novotel Apollo, Punggol)
9th - pochacco (Golden Horse, Westin, Sengkang)
11th - MTDT/Michelle (Santiago, M Hotel,Punggol)
11th - Owl (White Link, Le Meridien, Yishun)
11th - Squirt (Milan, Pan Pac, Bukit Panjang)
12th - Oraia (BV, Grand Hyatt, Jurong West)
12th - neece (Margaret's, M Hotel, Seng Kang, Avail Lite)
12th - KPO Lady (Paris, Pan Pac, Seng Kang)
12th - Zhuzhu (Camellia, Carlton, Tampines)
12th - Lovey(Divine, Merchant Court, Bishan)
12th - eVon (GHA, OCC, JW)
12th - postpet2(Fullerton)
12th - Priscilla (Free Lance, Hotel New Otani)
14th - Irenes (Milan,Pan Pac, Woodlands)
16th - Soupie (JLC, Trader's Hotel, Bedok)
17th - Babu ( , Beaufort)
18th - Fanny (Jawn,Raffles the Plaza,Seng Kang)
19th - Trisha (Swissotel)
19th - Jasline (Htl rendevous, Holland)
19th - Doremon (Santiago, SK)
19th - Puzzlerain (Paris, Hyatt, Seng Kang)
19th - Christine (Bridal Concept, Hilton, Bedok)
19th - bear76 (TWD, Merchant Court, Punggol)
19th - joan (Marriott, Pasir Ris)
19th - kaitlynn (French Bridal, Marina Mandarin, Wdlands)
19th - haloya (Vanity, Grand Hyatt, Punggol)
21st - brambles (GHA, Pan Pac)
22nd - Circusbugs (Popular,Grand Hyatt, Bishan/Hougang)
24th - Fi Fi (Wedding News,Crown Prince, Punggol, ,alan dai, earnest video)
24th - Bao Bao (BZ, Pan Pac, Bukit Panjang)
24th - jess27 (Noble House, JW)
25th - Hayashi (Sophia, GWC, KimTian)
25th - Cruise ( , no banquet)
26th - Wendy 76 (Fullerton Hotel)
26th - Bunnygirl (Seletar Boardway,Imperial Courts,Punggol)
31st - Chobits (Conrad Hotel, Queens)

c0co

hi hi gals.... so sorrie i cant post much earlier on... continue here... hehe

Unicorn... so did u buy ARISTON after all? hehe... yup... i find they look quite good... anyway, i dun have a hood, do u know? Coz i thought i didnt have the budget to get the glass one i like, furthermore, wont be doing alot of deepfrying etc... so thought no hood will have a different kind of look for a kitchen. hehe... save money...

For my hob, i got in on discount, only two burners... hehe... and its the glass type.The three burner glass hob called cristallo or something is a bit too close together, meaning u cant use all three at the same time, so in the end i chose the two burner kind. :p My mum kept saying i will regret when she heard what i bought. haha.. jialat

Oven definitely is an ARISTON... coz its a name that i trust... (duped by marketing people?) hehe... just very sure on Ariston when looking around for oven/washing machines
happy.gif

babysheep... u are really thoughtful... must have missed him lots... think he is going to cry when he saw the SPA... hehe... let us know his reaction ok?

bebe... no la... its okie... u already slim slim... anyway, we ate the dessert as well...yesterday, i attacked a scone at Cedele after my teochew porridge dinner... and after that, still feel unsatisfied. Under the encouragement of my FH, i ordered another orange carrot cake from Cedele.. i mean a slice la... a whole cake and i might just need to run ten hrs treadmill... hahaha... well... he said he is going to share, but as usual, he will eat one or two mouthfuls and the rest is all in my stomach. haha... who cares la. Just make sure i exercise then. :p hor? Lina? Yoga queen...

Anyway, bebe... thanks for the florist contact... i might not have time to go down, so if u have confirmed anything with them, let me know more.. :p

morning ladies

morning Joelle, Ling, Bao bao, Brambles, Jes
hey it was a nice yakking session on fri, let's do it more often
happy.gif

sasha
how r u tdy?

carole

babysheep: the Arcade. Level 3, Huang's Nail Room....
kekek seems like u gng to have a wonderful nite.. kekekeke... oh ya.. let us know his reaction.. kekeke.. i dun think i have the luxury till our house is here till last Q of the yr... haiz

brambles

morning circusbugs! back at work today yah?
biggrin.gif

it was really fun chatting wif u gals. agree that we shld hv it more often!
108139.gif

hi hayashi... thanks. me a PP OB bride too. can i ask wat time did PP open up the ballroom?
happy.gif

sasha... r u feeling better oredi?

joelle... managed to get stansiel?

sally... welcome!

momoechan

morning ladies
another week, and another countdown to our AD, can't believe it's another 4 months away, for some of u, it's less than 3 months, getting excited?
happy.gif

unicorn
so, u're quite inclined towards Ariston? i'm like c0co, i've got Ariston washer & dryer as well. Agree with babysheep, Technogas is more value for money but not as aesthically designed as Ariston. good luck with ur reno
happy.gif

mei mei
how? r u an 'owl' now? any panda eyes staying up to watch Euro Cup?
wink.gif
it's ok, PS over, can afford to have a little eye bags but must make sure u recover in time for ur AD
wink.gif

carole
er... not sure when is the next meet up, c0co's the main organiser for these meetings, thanks c0co
happy.gif
but do keep ur eyes glued to this thread and u'll be updated about the next meeting
happy.gif

feroy
forgot to reply u, no lah, ur arms are not fat. but i do have the same feeling as u as well, when i saw my PS pix, was very critical of myself, my double chin and my flabby arms got in the way of the pix as well
lame.gif

babysheep
wow, u're so romantic, how? was ur hubby touched? i know i will be touched if i went back home and found it so nicely done up for a good nite's rest
happy.gif

agree with unicorn, u're very good with ur hands, good work with ur hand corsages, ring pillow & unity candle
happy.gif

bebe
busy gal, i may be going down to Expo this week, so, may see u there
happy.gif

house a little small ah? nevermind, easier to clean up as well
wink.gif

c0co
do u cook alot? if not, 2 burners should be sufficient for u
happy.gif
i guess for our mothers who cook alot, 2 burner hobs are definitely out for them but for us who do not cook as much, may be sufficient, so, don't worry gal
happy.gif

carole

Hey girlss morning

Amy!!!! ur saliva!!!! kekeke...

adidas: thanks... as for the date.. no hurry, just let me know.. :p

Twinkletwinkle: cant PM u hor... email plsssss. keke while u are gng mad over ur reno, i am gng mad over my banquet.. errrr.. my hairs are dropping.. kekekek...

adidas: try Charles & keith, they have a pair silver colour, and with studs... strappy heels.. nice.. i am having it as my AD shoes... i am wearing Kua for 2nd Walk-in, and too using the same pair of heels.. LAZY to change... kekekke

carole

Yvonne: oh ya manz.. getting stress as each day passes by soo quickly... 18 Oct.. errrr... dropping more hairs then usual.. whahahah

jamci

shinchan, oh we overslept lor. We're suppose to reach the airport at 6am but we woke up at 8am. Stupid alarm clock! never ring lor!
Furthermore, we slept quite late at 2am after the thank you dinner for brothers & jie meis.
You cannot imagine when we woke up, how shocked we were in!!!

carole

cOco: really?? kjekekekkeke.. where is BAnquet?? lol.. maybe the same oso. wgahhahahha.... anythings u hasnt settle.. or still shopping? if we have same things to shop, maybe we can go together. .kekke

kellylims

morning everyone...

Brambles, have you done your PS and EG? With Stansiel also?

BTW, i have just confirmed with Alan to be my photographer and as for his partner videographer Derrick???? any comment or feedback???

brambles

me sitting in opi, drinking kopi...
happy.gif
dun envy hor... me counting down liao... boss coming back next mon... me still got one week to boss myself around...

babysheep22

Hi Yvonne c0co and Unicorn

I wasn't at home to welcome him when he returned home at about 3 am this morning cos I'm still living with my parents, not staying at our new place yet.

Will let u know his reaction later. Hehe. =)

Unicorn

I bought the materials at Spotlight and Arab Street. I find it cheaper and more personalised to do my own cos I was not prepared to fork out like more than $50 for a personalised ring pillow. Just finished the guestbook last night. It's all the same theme. Ivory ribbons and ivory roses.

We can meet up and I can show u how to do if u r interested. It's very simple. Guestbook took me just about an hour to complete. And Uhu glue is a lifesaver, makes everything so easy to work with.

So, which brand of cooker hood and hob did u get? Agree with Yvonne... Ariston's designs are very slick and look really nice. (looks like those designer kitchens) while Technogas is more functional. Of course, there's the price differential.

But if u bake, Kitchenaid equipment (from Mayer Marketing) is definitely the brand to go for. Their cake mixers really good and powerful, and the bowls can hold a lot of mixture.

Bebe

Thanks for the compliment. I'll take care of myself... btw, I think EE must be done before ur wedding day leh. After marriage, I think u can go for ME (marriage encounter).

Where is ur new place? Agree with Yvonne. Smaller place is better. Much easier to clean. If not very siong. My parents live in a terrace, and we got no maid, so everytime do housework, it's really really siong for everyone.

Feroy

Hope ur job gets better... I noe how tiring working weekends and long hours can get. Take care...

brambles

pochacco... i haven't done my PS yet. PS is in Jul. EG shld be done oredi but haven't seen it yet
happy.gif

circusbugs... good ah. own boss. own time, own target. kekeke. v xianz. early morning come in and boss wants a mtg at 11am *yawn*

hey gals... i coloured my hair oredi leh!!! v happy wif the result. hairstylist n colleague say i now look a bit japanese. ohaiyo!!! kekeke
108145.gif

blurunicorn

Coco / Yvonne:
Me and my FH, more or less, have set our eyes on ariston liao ..
But need to re-budget ..
We also like the glass surface hob but my FH said that I'm quite careless and he din wan me to destroy the hob ..
embarrassed.gif

Futhermore, most of the ariston models came wif a safty valve, good for forgetful ppl like me when boiling something ..

Babysheep:
Is your hubby touched by your romantic preparation ?? Both muz be over-dosed with love liao ..
wink.gif

seabreeze

carole ... think just mani n pedi .... not my wedding mar .... no need to spend so much yet heehee ... but i luv french mani n pedi oso .... maybe for my PS and AD lor ....

amy ... when u free to buy? I can collect from where ever u convi lor .... me need it by mid july .... i need 6 ....

adidas ... me thinking of getting red shoe for the kua .... but dunno if necessary anot ... me got silver strappy heels .... can go isit?

carole

babysheep: not easy to do housework. like u.. my PIL stays in Terrace, when it commes to cleaning.. siong! our place still not ready, so less one house to clean... if comes liao.. two house.. lagi siong.... i guess.. SB siong... whhhahaha...

nnyl

morning!!

today woke up with whole body ache. yes c0co, moi went to gym yesterday, for both body combat n yoga. then late evening went hse-shopping with my ILs. super aching...

c0co
2 is little if u are keen on cooking, but still alright lah. I guess for us, we use a no of other cooking stuff like microwave etc.. dun really need tt much as our mums. the most cook simple stuff, gd excuses hor! :p

bebe
there's advantage of having a small hse and 1 very gd one is easier hse-keeping. Let it be a cosy-loving hse for both of u.
happy.gif
I just spoke to Ben, ID guy, yesterday. He came over and look at my ILs' place. wa... my MIL is super detailed abt those defects.. keke... dun noe when the developer can hand over the hse n renovation can start...
U see how, just be extra careful abt those who quote very low, they might compromise on quality in order to make margins. Okie.. this wk u will be busy, must take care and hv gd rest as much as u can.
happy.gif

bbsheep
U are such a gd wife. i already "stop" this romantic stuff 1 yr ago. Keep telling myself will do so when we finally hv a place of our own.

hi carole
welcome!!

hi yvonne
workload better now??

*grin* this is going to be a gd wk.

carole

Seabreeze: no problem.. kekeke... ur heels goes perfectly well with everything lah.. no need to spend that extra cash...

fleurg07

Carole...yup French Mani and pedi
happy.gif

And yes, if u need help in any ways...let me know...mai stress lah....

Twinkle, I agree with Adidas loh...my gf just had her wedding, and she wore her silver EG shoes with her kua.... quite nice...actuallly kua so long...cannot see shoes one :D