(2003) Brides of year 2003

rhs

I guess becos this is the time to source for printers
happy.gif
Cannot contribute much on this since most prob I'll print invitations myself (both church & dinner)

My PS was fun! It did rain around noon but we were still in the studio. By the time we left at 3pm it's VERY hot. We went to 5 locations and near the end our sweat literally dripping
biggrin.gif
. Will collect the samples today *excited*

rhs, glad you had fun! Looks like our crossed fingers for good weather paid off. Where did u go for your shoots?

Vio: yah, my make-up artist is coming at 5.30am also. Got to pay $50 per hour, so the rate comes up to be abt the same. I think the surcharge is applicable for anything before 7am.
No choice lah - this kinda money must pay one...

vio

hi jady..... so gd leh, no need pay extra. my time was chosen n fixed - can't change
sad.gif

5.30am make-up meaning i've to wake up ard 4.30 to get ready ah....

vio

hi 1027,

does tt means u'll hv to pay abt $75? then think no need give ang pao as token to her liao cos some brides give ard $20- 28 to make-up artist.

leo29

Besse,

Ok lah! That day a twin do for me, one do mani and one do pedi. As what you have said felt like a Da Xiao Jie, so siok...... But they not really friendly lor. Talk very harsh! Your colleague's frd is the boss. Which one? I think I saw them, one very tall and one normal height. But hor... not very friendly lei.

I think you better sms meow regarding fri venue. Sometimes she never come in.

may

i am so busy today that i got no time to log in.

Shook, Kare: no SQ flight. I finally managed to get the go ahead to fly Malaysia air...so happy...really prefer an asian airline than american or european one.

Vin: me hubby and i we had a joint acct since we were dating. Think we opened it 6 years ago when we were serious. We contributed an equal amt to this joint a/c and use the money to pay for our hse, wedding and bills. I have my own si fang money for rainy days...
I think every couple got diff arrangement...if you are comfortable with have separate acct, it is ok.

Pausini: i hope u put in peanuts to yr chicken soup and not only black beans. let us know nice or not. u got dizzy spell, better take care...my friend had low blood pressure when she was pregnant.

Kare: it is very diff to say that u wont be a kiasu parent later...i have got a friend before she was pregnant also say that she wont spoilt her child...but now the child is so spoilt...so circumstances will change...just try not to be super ks can liao.

Shook: u went for a pre-marriage class that is good. i think to my hubby after wedding i am more naggy...nag him this and that...as for quarrels...we hardly quarrels before and after marriage so not much diff. But i agree with you, you cant change a person's habit got to accept.
Mine only complain abt hubby is he too tv addict but otherwise he is still very helpful ...

i actually dont mind moving the chatting to yahoo or msn. it is kinda weird to be in this subject now that our wedding is over. does anyone know how to setup?

If you all decided to migrate to another chatline when i am away, please email and let me know. Wait i come back, no one is ard anymore...very sad leh...

A

aryl

Hello all,

Had a brief read of some of your conversations...sounds fun! Unbelievable that you gals actually meet up...

So, will anyone object to another participant to join ur "happening" B2B group? ...I am considered one of the earliest to get married in my batch..thus, not many people to share with...

Actually, I come from the Westin hotel's thread...and was just searching around for recent discussion and found u gals...

Let me know...sure happy to share my experience so far with all of you...My wedding is this coming October...anyone?

kare2711

All
Okay, the yahoo group is actually not live chatting, not like MSN or AIM or ICQ. It's actually a mailing group. You can go to groups.yahoo.com and find out. We can all be the moderators and disallow anyone else to join us. So there won't be any hum sup guys too! You must have a Yahoo account in order to access the group. You can choose to read the stuff over there, or choose to be sent emails (entirely up to you) and if you asked to be sent emails, you would still be able to go to the website and read the posts. So if you're away on travel for a week and don't want to clutter your mailbox, you can just disable the emailing and come home to read from the website. All the same! I find it's easier to reply through emails and also, it's more private. Down side is there's no emoticons. Shook, it's not like emails. It's actually more like groups but accessible through your emailbox.

Shook
Yah, my dog was with me for 10 years. Treated her like my daughter. And the thing is she's a very obedient and loyal daughter. Sigh sigh.

May
So you still leaving on Sunday? And coming back .. ?

meow

Leo29,
Dun like that leh. I always come in everyday. You can see my posting all over the place one. Today super busy mah. Bought my dinning table( 1 bench and 2 chairs) cost $899 at expo, then evening go meet contractor. I jus step home on pc to check mails and stuffs liao.

Okay, i try to find out the place. Will gave besse the name of restaurant soon.

Sweetie,
Yes you can bring your materials that day to discuss it with me.

Shirlynn,
I'll have a jus married sign in front of my car with 2 soft toys and thought of having wedding bells at the back. But i dun know if its too 'loaded'.

shook

Vin
Bet your hubby's cousin is living under tremendous pressure. Poor girl
sad.gif
Well, in this competitive world, parents have no choice but push their children tho they understand their children r suffering. They dun want their children to b left behind. A sad society, sigh..
It is gd to stay @ home to look after your children when they r young n need your attention. Tis moment is irreversible when it is over.

Pausini
U feeling better today?
The pre-marriage course dat I attended is not suitable 4 us. We opted 4 a 1 to 1 course which I personally find dat is more suitable 4 couples wif problem. The counseller kept asking wat problem we have (when we dun have any problem @ all). She oso kept asking v v personal things. Find it v v irritating. I think those courses conducted in gp where the speaker talk abt general thing like how to deal wif in-law, finances after marriage, conflict resolution, how to prepare to b a parent... is more suitable. I regretted signing up 4 dat course.

May
Gd dat u manage to get to fly on your preferred airline
happy.gif

I oso dunno how to set up a chat line in yahoo or msn. Help....

Aryl
U r most welcome to join in.
happy.gif

The wedding of all the brides here r over for 2 mths. We r all married in May 2003 except Vin who wz married in Jan 2003
I suppose u r v busy preparing 4 your wedding now rite.

Kare
I went into the groups.yahoo.com Oh it is something like the forum here where anyone can create a new topic n have ppl chatting in the forum except dat u can bar alien fm chatting in the thread rite.
Pausini can't access into yahoo messanger.

shirlynn

Thanks Besse! Yesterday accompany my hb to watch the bad boys show.. my god... almost 3 hrs show, starts at 8.30 .. finished at 11.15p.m. Now so shag.. this evening still have to go to the bridal shop to select my photos.. now rushing the printing shop to finish my inserts... guests lists and so on... seems like a non stop thing.. think can only rest when the whole thing is over... So for all of you... quickly get everything since you still have time or you will feel worn out as me now...

Meow.. you are forever so creative...

Why don't you have the 2 soft toys and flowers at the front and then the bells and married sign at the back .. looks so sweet when people look from behind and see your sign board and the bells seems like ringing annoucing your marriage... Btw.. anyone knows where I can get big bells??

M

mrs

Hi Chicory!

I think for the NORMAL $2000 top up, you are able to upgrade the number of pages from 30 pages in the album to 40 pages. The whole album will contain up to 80 over pics (touch up done) that includes collages and designs. Desiner album is also bigger than the basic album. Andrew will give a CD Rom of all the raw (no touch up) proofs and another CD Rom of all the 80 over (toup up done)pics in the album. He will also throw in a portrait as well.

For us, we prefer portraits to having more pages in the album as portraits can always be seen on the wall while the album get stored in the drawer after a couple of months. We negotiated a customised package instead. FOr $2000 top up, we still keep our album to 32 pages with only about 60 pics in it (collages and designs). The raw CD ROm and touch up CD Rom is included. We got 2 20" by 20" canvas portrait and a 48" montage pics wall frame.

Yah, i think i got to pay $75, and on top of that still give ang pow. WHAT? I only intend to pow $8 ang pow as a token only !!!

meow

Shirlynn,
The bells you can get it at Concourse. Think it cost about $5 each. Initial i thought of putting it at the back. But....i'll be getting the Merc E200 with big and small head lights. So if i put at the back, it'll cover the number plate. So...i have to put it at the front jus at the ventilation there.

Besse,
My friend told me its call the creation cafe at Shaw towers. Not shaw centre.
lame.gif
but i can't seems to be able to find it in yellow pages website leh.

leo29

Meow,

Search the number for Shaw Tower(provided they have a reception), then call them to ask for the restaurant tel number.

Amore,

Haha, so qiao to meet you at BJ yesterday. You often attend NB class? My whole body ache lei, don't know caused by NB or pilates. So angry.... attend so many times already body muscle still ache. I think old liao, muscle also not flexible.

chicory

Hi Mrs Quake,

Oh i see. So your 32 pages will be the bigger album too, 15R? Seems like quite a good deal cuz' you get to keep both CD-ROM, especially the touch-up one, cuz' normally the photographers do not give back any touch-up CD-ROM. I think the 48" montage frame will look very nice
happy.gif
. I like montage frame too. I need to top up $600+ to get back all the negatives, can get a montage frame instead of more pages in the album.

kare2711

Aryl
Hmm .. I thought I saw the October '03 thread? Or maybe I saw wrongly. Anyway, welcome
happy.gif

Shook
Yah you got it right. Not bad huh?

amore

leo.. no lah.. i seldom go BJ one... normally go EP.... yest lazy to travel soo far to EP coz in office near town so go BJ... and soooo many pple!... it's normal lah to ache... building up ur muscles mah...

sorrie... any1 bought premium flat from hdb?.. wanna check is it normal to have gaps between the homo tiles and the wooden skirting? my living room alot leh...scare later got alot of rubbish got stuck inside...

meow

Amore,
what do you mean by gap? Between tiles sure got gaps wah. They should have gout in between them right? But mine isn't premium flat lah.

rhs

yah, we're very lucky that day. I went behind his studio, st. theresa church, near mount faber, a carpark next to sentosa entrance, and changi beach.

so anybody know how much ang pow to give make-up artist? what about actual day photographer? must give ang pow too?

amore

meow... homo tiles cannot be totally flat rite?... so when they put the skirting on the side of the walls... the skirting will sit on the higher tiles... then when come to a lower tiles there will be gap... coz the skirting done by HDB is wooden one... not tiles...

meow

Amore,
Homo tiles will warp, so its not totally flat. I think i understand what you mean by the gaps. Its caused by the warping of homo tiles lah. So when it warps at a small angle, the gaps look big at the portion when it sinks right?

are

amore... not sure abt gaps btw tiles & skirting, but mine had gaps between the skirting and the wall, cos didn't 'flatten' wall. hubby went to buy brown silicon & filled them up nicely so its not so obvious liao.

will homo warp??? oh no... then next time i will oso hv gaps liao...

meow

Sweetie,
Me!!!! Wait for me.

Are,
Warp and gaps doesn't relates leh. Warp mean qiao4. Which means if you place 4 homo tiles together, you can feel that small little uneven on the tiles. Of course its a little only.

S

serene sng

HI gals,

MC yesterday.. so many postings...*headache again*

Meow,
Sorry i cant join you guys tml. Last minute my friends want to celebrate my bday with me cos she is flying off on my bday so decided to push foward the celebrations. SORRY GALS...
embarrassed.gif

GALS,
Need your help again... my wedding banquet initially have 40 tables + 3 reserve. Now my MIL want to increase to 48 tables so the manager suggested i take 46 + 3R so that if the tables didnt open also wont waste $$. However, when i confirmed the tables, then my daddy say want to increase 1 table so i call back the manager say is ok but the extra cards will not be added. (When upon confirmation of tables, 75% of the cards will be printed) But I afraid the cards not enough... HOW!!!?? very FAN!! Can you gals help...??
sad.gif

leo29

Meow,

You mean house stuff? Left the sofa only. I'm using turbo brand, 1 year plus liao so far so good. But if too long nvr use, the ignition will be very loud. You want to take a look at turbo brand? They have a shop at brash basah road. Let me know if you want. No address but I can direct u.

Amore,

Mine is premium flat. I never notice it but think should have, their workmanship is always lousy. Check it out for u on wkend.

Me too often go EP for KB, KS, NB and pilates. But I don't like the NB instructor there so choose to go BJ.

amore

meow... yaya... the gaps is very obvious when the tile is lower...

are.. my hubby say can cover up... but overtime will come out oso......

leo ya lor... mine flat homo tiles done by HDB and my bro's homo tiles done by his contractor during reno... sooo much diff!!!.... our gaps between tiles is huge and visible... my bro one is thin and is not soo visible...

fishball

hi rhs,
I think u hv 2 give ang pow to whoever's involved in d wedding. Amt varies n depending on yr budget. Makeup artist -arnd $12- 30. AD phtgr -arnd $20- 50.

Hv u started on yr invites yet? Got all d materials u need? Mgd 2 get yr skel leaves?
happy.gif

serene

Hello All,
Hmm..my make up artist charge $50 for make up before 7am..i think.
Hmm...find that she charge quite ex for ampule and false eyelashes on the PS time ($50).
Hmm..dunno how much she will charge for actual day??
I am thinking of using my own ampule and not purchase from her but scare she anyhow help me to make up if I dun pay for ampule lor..

How abt you gals?

sandgirl72

hi ladies..
good afternoon...wow... so many postings...still trying to catch up..

hi naturally
glad tat U had an enjoyable PS last Sunday.. glad tat yr pimple did not spoil yr day..

hi Piper
how did yr photos goes? must show us the 'sneak preview' of yr photos.. kekekeee

hi Mrs Quake
happi that U r pleased with yr PS with Andrew.. wow.. yr hubby really very 'sayang' U a lot leh..

meow

Sweetie,
6pm should be fine. But do expect i'll be late a little. I'm on off that day again. Today i work night shift.
sad.gif

Amore,
HDB workmanship sure lousy one. Its mass production mah. No choice lah, can't really compare to contractor since you'll be the one selecting their workmanship mah. Yeah i think also can cover. But come out or not i'm not sure leh. What about using some gout see can cover or not. What's the colour of your homo tile? Mine currently laying the tiles leh. They do use colout gout lor.

Leo,
yah yah...i'm wondering if i should buy the Turbo. The hood hor as compare to the Fujioh which i like hor is softer leh. But the hod wise, i think Fujioh is nicer.

Besse,
Where are you? What's the attendance now?
uhoh.gif

M

mrs

Hi Chicory!

Actually, I didn't expect to spend so much on the photos...we are trying very hard to cut cost but like what my hubby say "What the hell!"

Sandgirl,

*chuckle* yes, to me he is the next most loving man in world other than my dear father. I guess he just can't resist as well. Can' possibly let such good pictures go to waste. Afterall, marriage is once a life time and this is about the one and only time we are going to spend $$ to take pictures professionally.

rhs

hi fishball,
I see ... does the amount have to end (i.e. nicer) with 8 ($18, $28, etc)?
Yep, I've bought all the papers from Fancy Paper and order skeleton leaves from handicraftmall.com. Now still doing the invitation, after that start working on the booklets
happy.gif

Serene,
$50 sounds very expensive leh. I think some brides only pay $10-$15 for ampules? I asked my designer, make-up artist, and even Josephine from BI and they all said nowadays ampules is not necessary because make-up quality is much better, and also depends on your skin condition. Actually most people don't need ampules. I didn't use one on my PS but make-up can survive until the end. If you already have ampules, maybe you can ask her to use it. Otherwise it's a waste also

meow

annmelody,
That's my mail alright. I've receive your contact. But hor, i lost my list cos that time my computer got some problem so i use my old pc to copy. Then hor dun know for what reason, the list disappear. I think i accidentally delete them. So now i'm asking Grace to sent me a copy then i'll sent out to everyone with your contact added in.

meow

For all,
Time will still stick to 7pm to 730pm at the makan place that's shaw towers. For those who wanna meet at Bugis and walk over can meet at 615pm can? Those wanna meet must tell me the name leh.
Bugis stn cont. : Meow, Annmelody, Sweetie

pausini

Hi girls,

If i create a group in MSN would that be ok to u all??? Cos i find MSN is more stable, and u dun need a yahoo account to access and also have the function to allow posting to send to u email account or chose to view the posting online.

The things abt this MSN is that as i am the creator of the group. i will the manager also so call the administrator of the groups and i get to invite pple to join in the discussion and have the power to do some restriction.

Furthermore, u will need to install a Net passport which is like a agent in your location computer to allow u to have a fast access but that doesnt me u cant access using other PC. Only that if u access from the same PC, they wld prompt u to login everything.
Is that fine will all???

If yes, can i have ur preference Email address so i can invite u to the discussion groups.

fishball

hi rhs,
dun think nec. to 'end' wif $8, as long the sum is not in odd fig. Even $24 is ok, but not $14.

hi Serene,
my bridal charged me $25 for ampoules. Told me my hubby oso used, so kena charged $50 total. But I guess it's their way of earning extra income, apart fm ang baos. But she din charge for eyelashes or hair setting, even though I'm 'supposed' to be charged. Maybe she see that I brought my own ampoules n eyelashes, but in d end din use...?

piper

hi hi..

went to select my photos on monday...topped up another 1k to buy additional 21 photos.

quite pleased with my photos..but felt that it was not necessary to buy too many photos coz a lot of poses/"feelings" are the same.

We only chose those with live backdrops..Didn't even choose any photos from the studio shots. Tat's y can save so much...

I only took back 4 photos coz we like them very much, but cannot find matching photos to put in album.

I've uploaded them under the same weblink tat i've provided the other time. Enjoy...