(2003) Brides of year 2003

biba8169

hi dec brides,

I am a xmas bride.Gonna solemnize on 25.12.03. pretty excited. btw, anyone care to share their ROM/wedding pixs?

I hope our ladies here will have a smooth wedding.Whose make-up artist is Sandy? I would like to see her work....

Congrats gals.

ger

Hi All,

Just had my ROM yesterday...everythings went smoothly except me march in without my hand bouquet...can u believe it. Nobody remind or rem abt my flower...when the event ends, one of my cousin went to open the fridge and found my flower there. That's when l rem my flower. Other then that it is really a very happy and memorable day.

Hi Valerie,

How's ur wedding..didnt see u yesterday? Tell me abt ur day ok.

feb

Yve

Yap, I joined the Chan Brothers. Service not bad lah at least their tour leader bother to explain in chinese when some of the tour memebers are those auntie who do not understand english. Somemore she really know nz well and she actually know where is the good shopping area..
happy.gif

I never joined any optional tours cos we feel is too ex.Imagine just a 10 mins helipcoter ride cost about nz 200 over per person etc. Instead we spend our $$ on shopping...hee hee

shirlynn77

Leo29,

My hubby says wants to enjoy two person's life first, initially says want to wait for another two years. But I am worried as I seen a lot of couples who postpone pregnancy later have difficulty to conceive.

babyvon

Hi Besse,

Was read'g thru' the archived...So, u're Lena? Wat a small world?
lame.gif
Dinno u r so active in tis forum too.
wink.gif
Cheers!

freesia

Hi ladies
We had a wonderful wedding yesterday!

To all brides-to-be, enjoy your time...Even if you may experience some hiccups along the way, u'll sure be having a good time too!
happy.gif

naturally

Hi there, germ!
happy.gif

heehee, that's also something cute and memorable... but hope u took a photo of that bouquet?
happy.gif

Abt the ang bao thingy, i'm totally confused too...
crazy.gif
Just do watever they asked for lah, piper, if your MIL never mention ang baos for shoes, then dun bring it up... scarly u confuse her also, heehee! Yeah, my GDL was a mad frenzy of last minute phone calls... but like dat then exciting mah, hohoho!
biggrin.gif

Hi Louisa,
We set off to distribute the cakes and cards around 10am, went to abt 15 houses, and we managed to finish by 5.30pm... phew! Some of the elders we had to chit chat with them for a while, while other relatives we didn't go into their house, just pass them the cakes and cards at their door... wow, and u only returned home at 11.30pm! Must be real tired huh? Do rest well okie?
happy.gif

Actually i think u need not worry abt your father's relatives not turning up, relatives usually take weddings seriously, even if they can't make it, they will probably get another family member as representative... i think it's the not-so-close frens or colleagues who may forget your wedding and pardon me for saying this, but there are people who try to siam weddings... so u may wish to concentrate on getting the RSVP done, rather than worry abt your relatives' attendence.... keep ya cool, just let your father handle?
happy.gif

meowie

Girls, i need some help here. Believe almost everyone can help me. I haven't bought my washing machine and vacuum cleaner yet.
sad.gif
Is aiming at the Osim mermaid, but here not very good. Anyone got use this? As for the washing machine, can anyone tell me what to look out for when purchasing one? I know nothing about it but i'm want a top load one. But hor, i got space constrain. Last time my mother say i can take the present washing machine at my mum's place. But now she say go buy a new one. Then when i reno, i use the home one as a guide. Chiam liao

shirlynn77

Hi Meow,

I did not use mermaid, but my colleague and my brother has bought and they have quite good comments for it.

For washing machine, I am using Whirpool, my one is front load as my hubby quite sensitive, thats why we need hot water ones. I think basically you have to look out for is dimension and the load ( 5kg, 7kg etc).

Let me know when you confirm which brand and model you want ( by call hor).

sunnyling

Meow

Buy a front load washing is much better than top load. As what Shirlynn say is bascially what load you want.

Btw what you mean by drop out of Novas?

leo29

Meow,

I think so far the japanese brand is ok. My mum's house is using sharp, had been more then 10 yr lol... so far so good, so far only piping leakage. My house ah.... can't remember the brand lei, u see how jia lat i'm... I think oso sharp. Seen u have space constrain, i think the most important is look for one that can fit into the space. If u can, i would suggest u to buy bigger load type so next time can wash curtain, sofa cover....

I saw one(when open up the cover, u will see something like stainless steel container, nd to open the steel cover then can put the clothes in-Hope u understand what I'm writing) at my frd hse under mayer, quite small, but my frd told me it can handle the same load as normal washing machine.

leo29

Sunnyling,

I prefer top load lei... more convenient, no nd to bend down and take the clothes out. And it can spin the clothes until very dry but of course more crumple lah.

naturally

Hihi Freesia!
Congrats to you and your hubby!
And wishing u a blissful marriage full of happiness and joy!
happy.gif

Show me your wedding pics when they are ready, okie?
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Good the morning to everybody..
bounce.gif

Hi naturally
me too had my GDL on last Sun. My dear hubby was supposed to SMS or call me once his reps leaves his house so tat my side can get prepare for the event. Guess wat, he cleanly forgotten about it and by the time he realised it, they have already arrived in my house and have sat in for at least 1/2 hour liao..
angry.gif

The rep from him is his 2nd sis, BIL and aunt. We are so lost, dunno what to do when they were at our doorsteps.. My dear Mommy and Aunty quickly go and count the 'ping jin',leaving 3 of them sitting outside with no one entertaining them though i m present physically with them but dunno wat to say lor..

it was such a 'scary' moment.. later my Aunt instructed us to bring out food for them to makan, and we started to serve 'course by course' to them.. so funny leh..
lol.gif

we didn't have to go out for cakes distribution cos we did some during the Hari Raya Puasa PH. After the reps left liao, we all digged in to the yummy makan prepared by my Mom and 2 aunts..

how was your cake from Prima? Ours was good..
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Naturally
Maybe your MIL has the same thinking as my MIL about the teaset lor..
biggrin.gif
I have already brought over the new teaset to my MIL's house liao but without those items U mentioned. They bought the dried longan, red dates etc by themselves liao leh.. maybe different dialect group's culture.. hehehee..
wink.gif

finally we have collected our PS album on last Sat.. overall very pleased with the layout and received good comments from those who already saw the photos.. kekekee..
wink.gif

going for my final fitting this coming Thurs.. hopefully not much difference..

how is yr preps getting on? RSVP all done liao??
wink.gif

meowie

sunnyling, not drop out but has left us.
sad.gif
Think she may also have taken the photos away too.
sad.gif

Is front load better than top load? Will all actually spin the clothes very dry. i see my mum always stop the spin dry half way then hang the clothes out. Will it spoil the washing machine?

i know i got space constrain, but i want can tahan big load leh
sad.gif

sunnyling

Meow

Really oh tat sad

I prefer top load cos last time my hse using front load is good after changing to top load alot of my clothing is damage by the washing machine so that Y I prefer front load.

shirlynn77

Meow,

Thats is also true, top load tend to damage clothes compare to front load.

But front load is that you cannot opne the door once you start the machine, have to wait for it to finish first not like top load, you can always throw something in halfway.

Btw, did you contact Putise Baby, how is she??

naturally

Hihi Sandy!
Yeah, our cakes were alright too...
happy.gif

So your hubby didn't come to your house with his reps? That's why he forgotten lah! :p Must be quite awkward for u when they suddenly appeared at your doorstep... for us, we just served coffee and some nonya kuehs which my mum bought (but they never eat the kuehs) So funny... so u served them a 10-course breakfast?
lol.gif

Oh, u didn't have to provide the longans and red dates etc? That makes more sense! My inlaws' side says we shd pass them the teaset WITH the longans and dates inside the teapot, and they will keep the teaset til our AD. But dunno whether the ants will get to the longans and dates b4 we do???
uhoh.gif

I told my sis not to marry an eldest son next time, heehee, then she can inherit my mum's teaset!
lol.gif

Will be going for final fitting tmr... i think i put on weight leh, heehee... My frens and colleagues all RSVP before i sent them cards, so no problem on my side, i just need to send reminder maybe end of this week. Now it's my hubby who's having headache, cos he inviting a lot of people, and he's been making phonecalls for the past few nights, and still haven't finish... poor thing!

But now with the GDL over, we can concentrate on the RSVP-ing...
happy.gif

leo29

Sunnyling,

She is sick yesterday.

I was confuse by u lei, so now u using front/top load?

Meow,

Top and Front load, each has their pro and con. Top load good-Clothes very dry, easily to acess when hanging. No good-Make clothes out of shape especially T/S but it can be prevent by putting t/s in the net.

kopibean

hi leo n novas,
me no go europe.Had cancelled my trip due to some problems.
BUt will be going for hm next yr.

Baby planning will be coming in another half yr...hehe

amore

meow... my mum use top load all the while.. but I bought a front load for my new hse... based on wat i observed... it save alot of water.... the machine dun load with lotsa water like wat top load does...

sandgirl72

Hi naturally
we met the delivery guy at downstairs while buying breakfast, so we helped him to carry the cakes to my house.. kekekee..
wink.gif

aiya..i oso dunno why he is NOT allowed to come over with the reps.. funny customs for his family lor.. hahahaa..

it is nearly a 7-course breakfast - drinks, yam cake (made by me), fried bee hoon, curry chicken, banana cake, agar-agar and water melon.. until my BIL say he cannot tahan liao.. hahahaa..
lol.gif

u mean the red dates and dried longan are put inside the teaset box?? so strange.. anyway it is not at your new house, so nvm la.. ants oso at their place ma.. hahahaa..
lol.gif

ya lor i agree with the advice u gave to yr sis.. a lot of 'law law saw saw' things for the eldest son.. this cannot that cannot la.. aiyo.. pls give us a BIG break la..

My RSVP already ok.. now oso left with my hubby's side.. cos he has got quite a large group of biz associates still don't bother to RSVP.. both our hubbies are working hard in their RSVP..

come to think of it, we are left with 2 weeks b4 our AD.. but like so much things still not complete leh..
crazy.gif

when will U be going on leave? me plan to start my leave on 17 Dec all the way till 02 Jan then start work again.. though not going for HM so early..
wink.gif

are

hi gals!!! hahaha... i was laughing all the way while reading today's posts. guess wat, i was on 1/2 day, n juz got in office, & i was oso planning to ask you gals abt washing machines!!!

hehehe.. meow.. we got telepathy eh??? ;P i was told most machines are the standard size, so your new machine might still fit nicely.

my prob is cos i opp from sunnyling, used to use top, now use front, cos make space for dryer (if ever got budget). but i really dun noe how to use man. got a qn, is it ok to stuff the machine till its full? really dun noe if it will still wash properly. n the water, so used to seeing tons of water, now juz drips, wonder if it is clean!!! ;P
hehe...

meow/amore... has something has happened to putise? care to share thru the email list?

yve

so much on washing machines.. my mom use top loader.. my MIL use front-loader type (rotate the same as front-loader), but the opening is at the top. Thomson brand. Dun like the opening cos the metal drum has a lot of holes. Every time the washing is done, the opening always end up at the bottom, not the top, so must push till the opening is at the top and the edge of holes are sharp. Very dangerous esp when the drum is wet. I have cut my nails before trying to turn the drum right side up.

Clean anot leh.. Well, dunno. Washed my pillowcases last weekend, but came out got specs of dirt (or lint) stuck on them. dry already, they are stuck even worse. So just threw them back in to wash...

Difference in washing habits.. My mom only washes full load during weekends (once on Sat and once on Sun).. MIL washes anyday and everyday, sometimes just half load. Partly because they like to wash clothes after just worn them once even if the clothes dun smell. but of course my hubby perspire a lot, so clothes sure smell one..

Still have not figure when to use the temperature setting and the higher spin. Cannot be got one piece of clothes need high temp, then set to wash that piece only mah..

Anyway, not enough tekgo at new place too..

val1977

Hi ladies!!

had a great and enjoyable wedding on sunday!

thank God everything run smooth n it didnt rain at all!

hi Germ, I check in Amara at 2 so thot by then ur ROM over, and also too busy to run to poolside, glad that ur ROM runs smooth too

my fairy tale wedding finally fulfilled so still living in sun memories haha....
happy.gif

congrats to all upcoming Dec brides, stay cool on ur AD, relax n smile is most impt at all!!

happy.gif

amore

are... hhaha same here... dunno how full is full supposed to be..just did my washing yest... after coming back from hm.... I put till abt 3/4 full... dunno how they interpret 2 kg load, 5 kg load... given the instruction guide... diff material diff weight..

yve... ur email got prob?.. ur email got bounced back....

meowie

Sorry gals, i think i mis-interpret what i mean. She has unsubscribe from Novas(Yahoo). Of course she's still around lah. pia seh and so sorry to putise if you does read this.

Amore, true huh? Really save more water as compare to top load? Why huh?? But no constrain meh?

Are,
I've measure the size of area meant for my washing machine. But hor, yesterday went Best Denki. Found those big capacity i want hor too big liao. Can't fit in lor.
sad.gif

amore

shirlynn... u oso using whirpool? me too.. the 5kg one?.... dunno is it same one... wanna know is urs very noisy when spinning dry??

amore

meow... ya... front load u will see it always load with ALOT of water b4 it start washing... for front load... I dun see the drum filled with alot of water it start turning liao.... hmm but my one spin dry very noisy... like aeroplane taking off like dat... dunno is it supposed to be like dat or the spin dry got problem.. but clothes come out still pretty dry... think u may need to find those slim ones... so can fit in...

leo... good... enjoyed dat day like princess hehe everyone wanna take photo with me.. photographer followed everywhere I go... but enjoy hm the most... dun fill like coming back... i suntan untill char ta!... all say I look like malay now hahaha...

leo29

Yve,

Me too, I think MSN got problem. Juz now was scolding u why go off never said. So not ur fault lah.

Amore,

Next time if nothing to do can chat wif us.