(2003) Brides of year 2003

tiara

Hi sandgirl, oh so Blue Ginger not that pro huh....

naturally, when are you departing for Korea? You know, we havent got our honeymoon details sorted out yet. We plan to go to a resort in Thailand or Bali but no tickets available!!! So now we may have to go somewhere, going to travel agencies this weekend.

are

yve... OIC. my MIL oso the do-all-things kind, lucky hubby was in U.S. for 7mths, already accustomed to having to do hsework. well, i guess when you dun hv something, u'll learn to live with(out) it! :p

ya lor grace... yve is rite... not say want then will hv one. someone was telling me tat its those 'unwanted', like young gers shotgun, tat is bingo @ 1st go! ;P hehe...

besse... congrats! so marathon starting soon? me so sad... table is still nicely wrapped up. haven't been able to find time @ all. either busi or tired all the time...

sandgirl72

Hi chicory
I m not sure if Bras Basah has got them, but you can walk over to Kooolgift which is just opp to Bras Basah, they do sell the "Xi" stickers.

another place is T-dragon at Peninsular Shopping Centre, we were given the "Xi" stickers when we got our cards from them..

next, will be those shops at Chinatown & Concourse..

Cheers

sandgirl72

Hi naturally..
wow.. so lucky both of U to have someone U know to be your tour guide.. at least you've your sis to help U to tie the gold strings.. it took me nearly 3 nites to finish folding the cards, tying the gold strings..

Hi tiara
ya lor.. i would say that they're not that pro after all..

besse

are..

hehe.. ya, open ceremony liaoz.. tog with MIL and his aunties.. 1st time i lose $$ leh.. sulk

next time ask u gals come play ok??

Yve, ya, MIL oso everything do for hubby.. but good thing he also try hard to do the housework ..

today 1st day back at work. sian sian.. sulk..

where is ah Leo?? muz be super excited and busy ..

chicory

Hi Sandy,

Thanks alot
happy.gif
. I will call T-dragon to see if they will sell me the stickers.

naturally

Morning gals!
happy.gif

Chicory,
There's this printing shop at bras basah level 1, nearest to escalator, called Artsign, i recalled seeing the Shuang Xi stickers before... i think they can custom-make too.

Tiara,
We're leaving on 27th, that's 6 days after the wedding, we wanted to go earlier but no tour group leh... u interested in korea too?
happy.gif
Wah, no more tix to Thai and Bali resorts? How abt malaysia ones?

Sandy,
Do u have any problems with the cards? I found 3 pieces of inserts with incomplete printing, the rest looks alright, but think i better do final QC after tying all the strings... even my mum joined us to tie the strings, shd be able to finsh tonight!
happy.gif

starmiffmel

yve, are,

u two so funnie.. okie lah..
then both of u got to try harder at preggy.
Think there is this ovalution kit at pharmarcy.

Meow should be back today... hahah see if she login later.

yve

grace, are, besse,
yeah lor.. not easy leh.. for me, no made-in-australia baby lor.. heh heh.. got to make my hubby work hardly the coming month.. *take out whip*..

are

besse... dun upset lah, they elders u muz pan chan 1st time mah! ;P
hahaha... i noe how u feel man. till now i still not v in tune w work, i miss those non-working days! ;P

grace... me not going to chart tat. feel like a bit 2 stressed if follow lor. juz let nature take its own course lah. previously, i v obsessed w having a boy as 1st child, but now change liao, 'see how lor'. ;P

starmiffmel

yve,

then better prepare oilment for the lines of the whip. =p

are,

take it easy lah. me just tell u in case if have obligation to have kid, there is this way.
dont obsessed with boy first. sometimes the more u want it the more its opposite.

i oso dont feel like working...heheh

chicory

Hi Naturally,

Thanks, will check out that shop too
happy.gif

My ex-colleague and her sisters are also going to Korea on the 27th too (that's why she can't attend my wedding
sad.gif
) Which travel agency are you with? Maybe you all may end up on the same tour...
happy.gif

are

grace... ya lor, somehow i hv tis feeling too, tat i will hv ger 1st. plus my hubby works in a fab, record there is 9/10 is ger, so chance is really low! ;P

we still quite lucky lor, no parents stressing us, juz we ourselves! ;P hehehe... i always wanted to be a young mum, & now not young liao!
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi chicory
U r welcome..

Hi naturally
my inserts so far so good leh.. maybe u can count the # of pieces to see if they've printed extra to cover that 3 faulty inserts?

naturally

Oh, chicory, is your ex-colleague with CTC??
happy.gif

Me too, can't expect full attendence in yr end weddings like ours, people are either clearing leave to go on holidays, or they have to attend other weddings... a bit disappointing that they can't come, but never mind lor, i just tell these frens that it's okie, i can always show them the photos after the wedding...

tiara

Hi naturally,

I didn't check out Malaysia, except Pangkot Laut Resort, and it's full till 5 Jan too..... may consider Korea and go skiing there
happy.gif

Hi sandgirl,

T-dragon gave me the gold heart-shaped stickers instead of the double happiness ones.... I was too busy to do so but may go down to exchange them - think they will allow?

chicory

Hi Naturally,

Let me ask her... which agency she is with and what time is her flight
happy.gif

Yah lor, there are really alot of weddings at year end. People are already telling me they have a number of weddings to attend in Dec. I am also very disappointed that this ex-colleague can't attend cuz' we used to work together very closely and go home together after work sometimes...

naturally

Tiara,
i'm not into skiing, i got terok sense of balance, scared later i fall and roll down and become snowball, how???
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
But it will be fun to see the snow, and the romantic sceneries of Winter Sonata...
happy.gif

Chicory,
worse still, 2 of my close fren's grannies passed away last month... they will still be in mourning, so cannot come for the wedding.... and that's not all, my colleague's hubby's granny also fly to heaven recently, but i told her i'm not pantang, so she will be attending!
happy.gif

cream

Hi gals

Long time din't chat liao.How's everyone's preparation?

I'm thinking of sending out my invites this weekend.

naturally

Sandy,
Ya hor, I never count the no. of inserts and cards!! But i doubt they printed extra, they would have told me if so? Ok ok, tonight i go and count... ask u something silly, do u trim off the excess string?? I told my bro and sis to pls pls pls print direct on their cards when it's their turn to wed!

Tiara,
Go down to their shop when there are a lot of customers ard... usually after 7pm or so... heehee, hope they will be nicer to u!

Hello Cream!
How's ya preps? I'm thinking of sending mine on wednesday... asap lor, just in case more people start to plan their yr end holidays...

tiara

Hi naturally, you are so funnie!!! What's Winter Sonata - sound like some drama?

Now that you mention, my boss's mom just passed away - what's the protocol? Do I still pass him an invite?

are

orh... no lah, my hubby's work requires him to work with machines tat emits radiation, plus his colleagues always give birth to gers. ;P

ya hor... i keep forgetting tmr is PH, cos hubby working. can sleep late liao.
happy.gif

hey... me thinking of going to krabi or langkawi in feb, anyone got comments & advises??

naturally

Tiara,
Winter Sonata is this korean drama that's filmed at a ski resort, and it got all the gals drooling over the male lead, haha! But like u, i've not watched it too...

Oh dear... i dunno either? If it's a fren, i would inform him/her, and let him/her decide whether to come or not, if not coming, then won't send the invite... if it's the boss, i guess depends on whether he's traditional or not... if he needs to be in mourning for a mth or more, then most likely he won't be coming, forget abt the card then... And wat says your parents and inlaws? Check if they have any objections... But there are those who stop the mourning right after the cremation, my colleague who's catholic is like that. Oh I just recalled, my hubby's ex-boss recently lost his son.... dunno whether we shd invite him?? Aiyo... so many funerals going on...
uhoh.gif

yve

mom is visitng me tomorrow.. inspection time uh.. then play mj in the afternoon!! yeah! gng to teach hubby how to play..

chicory

Hi Naturally,

Got a joke to share about snow skiing... my classmate has a friend who is quite "accident-proned". Once, she went snow skiing and she fell into some hole, and she got stucked there for half an hr or so cuz' nobody heard her calls for help. Then when she went river rafting at Cairns, she also fell into the river. Was quite hilarious when my classmate told us.

Is like that lor, though we are not pantang, but they are so they won't come after all. I have another 2 frens who might be travelling. Another fren's sis getting married 2 days after mine, so she says "Chong Xi", can't attend too. Actually, i am still confused over who is the one who will get the bad luck, both sides, the guest or the couple?

piper

hello people,

My hubby & I will be postponing our wedding to a later date & I won't be a dec bride anymore.

Take care!

are

wah... so envy yve & grace. me will be doing hsework again, then bac to mum's pl since hubby & dad both working...

naturally

Chicory,
Good gracious! Kena stuck in a hole while skiing??? And i thot falling down was bad enough... ok, i better not laugh, just in case it happens to me!!!

I think most people also dunno who "chong" who... just follow lor...

Dear dear Piper, did something happened? U alright?

besse

yve... enjoy yourself and win more.. my place oso open table.. hehehe to match make my fren with hubby's fren who have met during our wedding.. ;)

tiara

naturally, actually I haven't watched any Korean drama that's on tv ;p

My boss is a Christian but also traditional Chinese. My fiance says my boss will not attend our wedding but with regards to the card... yah, let me check with my parents and F-ILs.

Hi Piper, yes hope all's well with you.

sandgirl72

Hi tiara
maybe U can give them a call to check with them.. who is yr co-ordinator? is it Connie? if her, then U can 'sweet talk a bit bit' with her and everything should be OK one la..

Hi naturally
yes, i did trimmed off the excess string or else it looks awful lor.. i agree with U on that comment.. do direct printing save times though slightly more costly than printing inserts..

sandgirl72

Hi cream
long time no see U inside here.. so how's yr preps? we plan to send out the invites by tomorrow...

Hi tiara
good idea from naturally.. u can try that idea..

min_minnie

Where is Leo? I looking for her too. Think she had her wedding on 23rd. Just want to check how did it go?

Envy most of you here that wedding is over. Me still struggling. And friends start calling that that they are unable to attend last min. Still having headache about the table arrangement.

naturally

Gals,
Finally finished tying the strings for the invites last night, phew! Took us til midnight... oh i realised they did give me extra inserts and envelopes, heehee, quite nice lah!

Piper dear, must come in and tell us when u settle on your wedding date, ok?
happy.gif

Enjoy the holiday, gals!

besse

min

jia you.. don give up.. anyway, trick is try to have abt 11 paxs per table unless you v v sure these 10 people will turn up .. else you gotta split the groups and rearrange..

consider putting half of your frens with half of hubby frens.. we did juz that.. and that will minimise sabo, and also maybe your single frens will meet his single frens and sparks will FLY.. hehe.. something like that happened to mine..

feb

Hi All

I am Back from my HM.Enjoy alot during the trip and of cos put on weight lor...Lucky wedding over liao..Hope to meet up with all of you soon..

meowie

Hi Girls, i'm back.

My god, so many posting.
sad.gif
Must re read all again.
happy.gif

Grace, i'm back at night lah. Not so early. Anyway, got the things you requested. But i forgot about the bells...so i jus buy some bells then you put them on yourself can?
happy.gif
I bought those very cute one. You see when you free pop by lor. Me on duty again tomorrow.

Girls girls...when should we set for our next gathering?

mtmtmt

Besse, gd advice, parents both sides had 10 pax (incl. maid, kids arghhhhhhhhh!) instead of 11 pax as I reminded (esp. if maid, kids included) countlessly.

Some guests (friends and relatives both guilty!) claim they definitely will turn up but fly kite last-minute/ no airtix (leave til that late to buy and NOT tell us they can't get tix?)

But end of day... never mind lor, done and over.

piper

hello people,

sorry...just occurred to me tat i've left a very abrupt message.

I'll definitely be "loitering" around the forum & kaypoh around. Once we've fixed our wedding date, I'll let u gals know....by then, you all would have gone through the actual day & I'll make sure u all impart all ur knowledge to me...kekekeke

in the meantime, continue to enjoy ur wedding preps. I'll drop by to kaypoh when i'm free....

starmiffmel

are,

i think you would have enjoyed yrself more than me being at home.. it was raining most of the time in sentosa. no sun ah. sianz.....

meow,
thanks..u call me later, cos dont know wat shift u working today....hoped u enjoyed yrself.

sandgirl72

Hi naturally
congrats!!! so now U can start writing your guests names liao..

yesterday went round with my mom to distribute cakes to those relatives who might not be able to make it for my GDL.. and poor us.. it was raining whole day... though we went to 5 places but we were out for almost a day.. so so tired..

Hi Cream
my customary on 20 dec and dinner on 21 dec..

are

grace... oh no, poor thing. me din stay @ hm in the end. mum wanted to go shopping so we went orchard. juz walking ard but the highlight was the fabulous dinner & the sighting of xie xian's ex-wife.
happy.gif

are

grace... oh no, poor thing. me din stay @ hm in the end. mum wanted to go shopping so we went orchard. juz walking ard but the highlight was the fabulous dinner & the sighting of xie xian's ex-wife.
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Naturally,

I don't think you will be so unlucky... so nice to go korea during their winter season. I have been dreaming of going there ever since i watch Winter Sonata, to see the sceneries
happy.gif
. Good for you, so you can start sending out your invites soon...

I couldn't find the "Xi" stickers at the shop u mentioned so i went to Koolgifts and i bought the stickers there, 50 pieces for $5. Quite nice, it is golden "Xi" on transparent sticker.

Hi Piper,

We will definately share with you whatever you want to know after our weddings
happy.gif
. Settled with your hotel regarding the change of date, all smooth?