(2003) Brides of year 2003

are

yve... din really cry badly, surprised myself too. MA kept telling me not to cos it'll spoil make-up. was ok if i dun see my mum lor, same for her. so we ended up avoiding each other! ;P hehe... then when i was leaving, i specifically asked for her, cos she was crying in the rm, & i hugged her & cried lor. but b4 it 'exploded', my dad & everyone else 'chased' me away!
happy.gif
so it was not tat bad aft all...

but i kept feeling v sad. even when i was packing my clothes last sunday, & every time i leave my parents' pl. sigh... guess gotta get used to it.

shirlynn77

Hello everyone,

Today on mc, thats why can log in to read. Just woke up from nap.

So, any plans for the next gathering so far??

Me like lkf do not have to cook, eat at MIL's place on weekdays, weekends, eat out with hubby or with my dad and family.

But washing and ironing clothes is almost killing me too. And the house, there is still construction going on, so much dust, one minute finish mopping the floor, the next minute you can feel the dust liao.

Meow,

Tell you something, I still have not collect my photos yet. Will be doing so tomorrow.

Btw, actually I do have the link to my photos on line, but total of 500+ pics which I keep wondering other than me and my hubby, who will have the time to go thru them, I see them also eyes blur.

See when is the next gathering, then we will each bring our barang barang...

meowie

Poor shirlynn....me too also wokeup not very long ago.
happy.gif
Drink more water k?
happy.gif

You huh...why take so long to collect the album? Did you choose the photos for the 8R album or you leave it to him to select? Me still thinking when i can see mine.
sad.gif

Shirlynnm, you can post the link here if you want to.
happy.gif
Else you bring it along with you when we have another gathering.

Okay.....any comments on a gathering in december? Maybe mid december for those whose wedding fall in the end of the month should be back by then right Min??

shirlynn77

Like what I told you previously, Nick never call me back so I thought he is busy, anyway, as I will be going with my hubby and MIL to visit their relative in Malaysia this coming weekend, Nick promised to rush for me.

I have sent the link to novas.

Gathering in mid december, we can even treat it as a christmas gathering.

meowie

Shirlynn, oh....i sign the one with the 8R one. Next time i'll jus bring them all to share. The pics are very nice.

Shirlynn, looking at your can can makes me think of the day i wore mine. I've got a 'bridesmaid' holding on to my train. But....i walk too fast till she can't catch up with me.
biggrin.gif
even my hubby also think i walk too fast and wants me to slow down. Was thinking not to waste time mah. Did you use the full 10hrs service or you use more than that?

Yve,
yours not bad too...who took for you the photos?

meowie

Oh my shirlynn....that's a lot of photos. I wonder if mine has so much. I dun really think so i have...
sad.gif
you took so much photos at outdoor..unlike mine
sad.gif
think maybe 30photos then rush back to his house again.
sad.gif
Boo hoo....

Nevermind, i'll pray for the best.
happy.gif
At least he got take my bears but i wonder if he got take the boot of my London cab or not.

shirlynn77

Thanks!!

The kiss huh?? Arrange by Daniel (MC). During the dinner.

One the cute thing is that during the dinner, Daniel ask my hubby to pop open the champagne and get the cork to be away from stage at least 5m, then I will kiss him, one of the guests ask to have Daniel to kiss my hubby if it is less than that.

Guess what happen, my hubby really got it over 5m but the guest hit it back to the stage.

But don't worry, Daniel still pull it through by saying to and fro already coming to 10m liao and did not kiss my hubby.

Meow, don't worry, you will have more than you expect, Nick just take and take without you knowing, by this few days, Nick should be sending to you your link liao, then you will get to see your pics online which is what you are seeing mine.

Anyway, I do not know what ten hour service, I just booked him for the $1188 package, the rest I never look in details. just know that I want him to do the montage for the wedding dinner ( you have seen at Nick's studio already).

shirlynn77

Lkf,

Are you still around?? Have you went to Malaysia yet or will you be going this weekend?? I be going to Ipoh this saturday, think that maybe you will be too??

yve

Meow, those pics are done by my bro, not the professional... Still waiting for my pics..

shirlynn, oic.. i tot u were saboed.. hahhaa.. we got saboed by his frens.. drink stuff.. pass ice through his pants from one leg to the other leg.. pass a vibrating phone through his pants.. he untie a napkin tied around my chest with his mouth..

lkf

shirlynn

yup me still around...wil be gng to ipoh tomolo morning by bus...sure ZZZ on bus one. wil be back on sun. how abt u?

meowie

Shirlynn, mine also the same trick as you. But...the cork hit the ceiling and bounce back. Its much lesser than 5m...my hubby added that it is only 0.99m. hee
happy.gif
But anyway, i jus gave a peck on his check and stain him with lipstick.
happy.gif

Yve, when will you get your pics ready then?
happy.gif

Okay, i'll be flying soon. Take care and wait for me to come back hor.
happy.gif
Byebye

yve

Meow, enjoy yourself!!! u gng bangkok right?? shop and eat lots.. i dunno when i will get the pics back.. maybe next week, they have been sent to the developer..

okeanosmao

hallo gals,

me back liao...tt day quite okie but we got empty tables left..=(
we started late ard 8.30pm. then the whole dinner last till ard 11++...boy, so tired..
dan oso asked my hubby to pop the champagne 5 metres away if not he will kiss the groom..the distance quite far but he say 4.9m..hahaha..so i gave him a peck.

meow,
when r u going to bangkok? i'm going next month 1st..next week going taiwan liao..

naturally

Sandy,
Just to update, me ordered from the hougang ave 1 branch yesterday, but didn't have to bargain at all! I asked the boss whether there is a 10% discount promotion, he said he's not aware of it, but no problem he can give us 10% off. Then i asked abt free delivery, again he said no problem... aiyah, if i knew i would have asked for 15% off, who knows he might say "no problem" also...
lol.gif
I think it helps that we are ordering quite a number of cakes, plus our house is so near the shop.
happy.gif

Looks like each franchise have their own discount rates!

oranges

Hi meow
Sorry for the late reply, i'm so bzz wif work. Too bz to come here & chat wif u gals so miss alot of info hehe... So hw's everything? Yr wedding over,right?

oranges

Hi meow
Thks for the white bag "lobang",my hubby so happy finally he custom make his white shoe. Great help fm u. Thks again.
happy.gif

meowie

Okean,
I'm flying today. Now at airport. They got terminal to surf so can chat for a while.
happy.gif

Oranges, you are welcome. I heard from my friend that you've already made the shoes. Hope the material and quality suits you.
happy.gif

amore

yve n shirlynn... saw ur photos... beary nice..

shirlynn... u slim down alot since I last saw u??

hmm mine getting nearer beary kancheong!!

shirlynn77

I did not slim down, actually still grown fatter, but on that day, not feeling that well.... slim by about 3kg.

Now getting worse and worse... after wedding no control at all on what I am eating

amore

meow just read u in airport now!... enjoy ur trip!!

shirlynn... hehehee i think i'll be the same as u hahaha... eat watever i want after the whole thing... now got control my intake abit... else AD cannot squeeze into my gown!!...

shirlynn77

Yeah, Meow, enjoy yourself and see you when you are back.

Amore, don't worry, I think its very normal, but you look more like smal built, so don't think will grow much flesh.

naturally

Sandy,
Oh, guess wat... no more spain and portugal liao... agency ask us to pick another destination cos not enough people to form group, so disappointing... maybe we'll just cancel it (dunno if they will refund us?), then plan again next year, see how lor!

sandgirl72

Naturally
aiyo.. u must be disappointed lor.. maybe it is a good idea to postpone till next year lor.. u can try checking with your travel agent to see if they can refund U the deposit lor since it is their fault..

btw, we're now looking for caterer on my AD luncheon.. any recommendation? My MIL prefers Nonya food.. for my parents, they r quite easy going lor..

starmiffmel

hello...
sorry i mia so long..
after came back from trip got sick ah... then there is tons n tons of work to do/clear up.

i think we all have same problem... wash clothes n more clothes. i still have a room of boxes, not yet unpack... see oso sian....

those who have not had yr wedding.
Jiayou, sleep more n be happy

okeanosmao

hee..sama as grace..

i still got some 'jia zhuang' hvn shift to my hubby's hse..c liao oso headache..
after wedding, seems like wash more n more clothes and clean more and more area..hahaha..

to those soon to be wife, sleep more and rest more..if not, no chance liao lor..

tingting

hi sandy,

i'm intending to engage CDCS for my church recept. Their food is not really special but supposed to be good...not sure whether My mum's kitchen does nonya? you can check it out.

hi chicory, have listened to Yu Jian.. the music is v romantic, but lyrics not v suitable
sad.gif

naturally

Sandy,
i realise today is exactly 1 mth before our wedding banquets!!

Will go down to travel agency today after work, see what alternative destinations they have... hubby say he already apply leave, so he dun want to postpone honeymoon... i'm ok with anything though!
happy.gif

Also, i'm getting my cards today! Finally, haha! I shdn't have much problems, most frens and colleagues already RSVP me... hubby has more frens and biz associates, he's gonna have quite a headache, heehee!
biggrin.gif

My inlaws will be catering for their own relatives, while i'm also looking for a caterer for my side's relatives, we decided to do separately cos too troublesome to move everybody to one place... YSL was mentioned in one thread, if i'm too lazy to source, may just order from them...
happy.gif

tiara

Hi tingting,

My mum's kitchen does Nonya but I saw their spread, not that many dishes.

Hi sandy,

I tried this nonya caterer at my friend's baby full month - I think it's called chilli padi nonya catering.... food quite nice.
Have you considered Blue Ginger?

starmiffmel

okean,

i oso have some more stuff at mums place.
my new cupboard share with hubby not enuff, then the clothes overspill...no space to put ah....
sigh sigh.. room too small to add another cupboard.

i tell u ah, i see the boxes n bags, i dont wish to unpack liao ah... no space to put...

are

u gals buying another wardrobe in other rms? me going to v soon, else poor hubby got no place to put clothes. ;P

hey... juz a poll... anyone feel *pressurised* to start 'reproducing' yet??? ;P me & hubby kena talks from almost everyone who r parents, until we oso dun noe shd we or not! :p

are

yve... me oso want soon, but guess not v gd timing financially, so will 'see how lor'. but we haven't gone on HM, so muz at least go somewhere 1st. ;P

ur hubby same thinking as u?

are

yve... hmm... sounds like you r staying with ILs for *political* reasons? gd lor, if your hubby is agreeable.

but i do envy my sis whose staying with ILs. her kid is looked aft, & dinner on table everyday she comes home frm work. wonder how 'cham' my life will be when i hv a kid man...

okeanosmao

mine too..hubby wans bb soon though his parents dun pressure us..let nature takes its course lor..
hee..next week i'm going 4 honeymoon liao so hubby say bb make there lor..hear liao i luff leh..haha..

my things ah, no choice got to leave it there lor..my hubby place no space, shift liao oso no use..

besse

hi gals..

hehe finally got my mj set and mj table!! yay!!

haha.. we oso not enuff space for clothes in own room's wardrobe.. so spilled over to the other room's wardrobe.. sian, the drawer oso too small for the lingere.. *sulk*.. how i miss my own room...

Are, Yve, Okean.. you all jia you in making bb k.. hehe.. i won be joining you guys.. prob oni start factory next yr
happy.gif

think should start getting a parttime maid.. anyone has any recommendations of 1 who does part tine cleaning and ironing in the east??

sandgirl72

Hi tingting, naturally and tiara
thank U very much for all your generous inputs on the caterers..

tingting, i did called mum's kitchen & they do cater for nonya food but my parent's side cant meet their min requirement of 40 pax...so too bad lor..

naturally, ya lor.. beri fast leh.. we're counting down the days liao.. so scary and excited too.. so how was the discussion with your travel agent and was the cards ok? YSL is the name of the caterer? Most probably i will cater from Prima Taste for my parent's side and my MIL will do Nonya style lor..

tiara, i did called up Chilli Padi too but their price a bit too ex..Blue Ginger I ever called but they never bother to quote me leh.. so disappointed in them..

oranges

Hi Are,Yve,Okean
My hubby oso askin me to start my "factory" in our HM. But i hear let nature take it's cause, too pressure oso no gd. Btw, anybody know of any shops in paris selling "discounted bags" eg LV,Gucci & etc. I saw Zoe tay programme on TCS8 showing there's such shop but dunno where? Can anybody HELP,hopefully got the road & shop name as I'm flyin off on 4Dec. Thks.
happy.gif

Hi meow
Thks, we hvn't collect the shoe,probably we will do so this sat.I'm too stress areadi,nw my nose oso got pimple man"shit". So ugly & dunno hw to get rid of it.

Congrats to all the brides tat gettin married on this wkend.

starmiffmel

well..heheh, i wont be starting factory for at least another 1-2 years....need to confirm finances first.

so the next time i see u all back from honeymoon. all will be preggy ah...
jiayou to those in making bbs.

=)

love

Hi all....

me so sad now...my wedding is tomorrow and my menses just visted me...really spoilt my mood.......

dun know wat shd i do now......

sigh...

yve

Love, eh.. take more toilet breaks lor.. dun let it spoil your mood..

are, staying with ILs is not cos of political reasons.. cos we dun have the money to get our own place yet.. now staying with ILs and plus hubby's brother in 4 room.. if kids come, really no space lah.. i also want hubby to be independent, he too dependent on his mother leow.. his mother do everything for him, and she works some more..

grace, think not easy to get preggie one leh.. but i think higher chances then hitting 4D lah.. heh..

naturally

I'm thinking of ordering vegetarian luncheon, i have 1 auntie who is vegetarian, think i shdn't give her a packet lunch while the rest of us enjoy the delicious spread... and usually caterers dun do half vegetarian buffet right? So now checking out vegetarian restaurents that offer catering services, anyone got recommendations?
happy.gif

Sandy,
We going Korea instead, okie lah, the tour guide will be my hubby's fren's fren, so we shd be well-taken care of (at least i hope so). Cards are ok, my sis will help me tie the strings, gotta start work soon!
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Tingting,

So Yu Jian is not really suitable? Hmmm... how about Jackie Cheung and Chen Huixian's "Ai He Cheng Nuo"? I am not sure if the lyric is suitable, but it is one of my favourite songs
happy.gif

Hi gals,

Anyone knows if i can get "Xi" stickers at Bras Basah to paste at the back of the envelopes?