(2003) Brides of year 2003

baobei

Hi, cutiechar...

blk 626 is nice place...but too bad, no feedle bus..have to walk all the way out to take bus...
oic..u stay in JW..now i also stay in JW with my mum...ur must be in JW ext rite...act. tat time HDB offer me that area...but later we decide to take BP...

okie..this Sat, I will tell Darren that Charmine will call him to check on quotation....rem. to say Sharon recommend...i will force him to give your special price..cos after so many mths...my hubby and I quite click with him liao....heee

but u rem. to tell him u need to complete by when and see if he able to do so..u must stress that dateline is impt for you to cater for your wedding date...

hmm..i will not be staying with my inlaw at the moment...so only me and hubby stay at blk 626..only till later when we have babies, then move in with inlaws....

my wedding on 19 Dec..where ur banquet??

I am meeting my printer on Monday...chosing Acepro..cos think theirs the cheapest..as compare with Javsy...

besse

yve yve... missed you!! heheh good that u relaxing oledy.. me oso in no mood to be productive at work oledy..

you planned for your table arrangements oledy? surprisingly, it's not the frens that give headache, it's the relatives.. sigh..

Leo

no worries la, that period sure got people go tour wan.. long stretch of PH and Xmas and NY mood ma...

hgehe.. i busy.. gotta prepare the AB.. haiz.. muz go change money..

besse

wenz

i give up on posting my picts in yahoo.. taking ages.. next time show you all when we meet..

anyway, i might not be going to magic mountains.. cos no time.. sianz.
sad.gif

cutiechar

HI Chicory!

where got good price....? the good thing is that the photographer return all shots to us in CD rom onli..the price still the same..wahaha..
eh, the gown got crease line rite? actualli mine oso haf crease line. I din realised that after the PS.(trying on studio don haf leh..?!?!) I now waiting to see whether my crease line can be done or not. yeah, teatree is right, must fit you like a glove, othewise not meimei..keke.....so you got ask them to alter ur gown abit or not?
Sometimes Monica do postings in forum oso and she "sounds" friendly. so overall I think you will have alot of fun and tiredness! :p
heng ar your hubby like the pics! my hubby don even want to choose the studio pics at all. he says he veri ugly inside, outdoor nicer! the whole album pics he choose one!(!-_-)
hmm.good! at least got prepare to buy all pics back..no last min better if not later burn big hole in pocket! heez
I want to see ur pics leh...I waiting hor..
[email protected]
hehehe :p

muackz u back..*shy*

HiHi Sharon...baobeizzzzzzzzzz

ooooo blk 626. what road name is tat? I have been going to BP during the selection period and some blks caught my eyes. Yours is infront got LRT one issit?then blk colour brown one?
yeah! which blk u in? I blk 636 leh..*so excited*
I actualli just shift in with family last 2 years, so still unfamiliar with west side!my new house opp my current house..keke
okie, deal! call Darren but I oli can call him after my frd gaves me his quotation coz if he can give me a good one(according to him), den I have to drop Darren..*paiseh* heezzz

wow sounds like you are planning to haf bebe hor..
if you stay with in-laws then your present house how? or u intend to haf bebe at the 5th year, den after give birth, sell house and move to ILS house..keke.. :p

my banquet at Traders, 27 Dec. urs leh?

oo..your printer so special one..I tot most of us use T-dragon..so how mani cards u printing?

cheers!

baobei

hi, Cutiechar...

my road name is Sanja Road...is the one behind Senja LRT...is 30 storey flat and think can be seen from far the road lah....

my blk is not the new Jurong side, is at Jurong West st 42, blk 422..oic u just shifted in 2 years ago..i have been staying in jurong since P1..heee

wow..so good ur house near ur mum place..next time if ur hubby go revervist...u can go ur mum house stay..so good...how i wish my house can be within walking distance from my mum's house...

oh is okay....like wat i said..no obligations...but act u can try to call him..who knws his quotation might be cheaper..
happy.gif

no plan lah..just let nature take its course..u leh??...act. cos my hubby the only son..he has 2 younger sister..so no matter how, one of these days have to stay with his parents....but for the 1st few years...we like to have "er ren si jie"..heee

mine is on 19th Dec at Oriental...btw u have any theme for your wedding...

Act. I intend to use Javsy, Oriental Direct Printer, but later my fren whom has just completed her wedding at Marina Mandarin...said the printing from Acepro not bad....for normal printing for 300 cards is $80.00..for inserts is $138 and for hotstamping $165..for Javsy is $172 for hotstamping..

meowie

Hi gals, i was really wondering when all of you wanna meet up again after our wedding? Believe that most of you will forget about this place after wedding like the rest.
sad.gif

Oh, i've completed my teddy bears clothes. Very cute, i like them very much. Pray that it won't look too small on the cars.

yve

leo, yep, found uncle.. got my hair colored by cousin.. ate yummy food, and now got breakouts.. haiz..

besse, table arrangement is big headache lor.. this cannot come and that cannot come.. got a few tables with less than 10.. got a lot of pantang pple around.. boh bian.. yep, have made hubby go and get AB money from bank.. have to order the pig too. gng to get from tiong bahru..

are

meow... take a pic show us leh! wah... so sweet, u actually do the clothes yourself.

dun worrie lah, i'm sure we will *miss* each other and keep coming bac. anyway, i've cancelled my trip to m'sia so i'll still be around!

yve... i oso ordered from tiong bahru. did you know can order online? but the last time hubby called, they advised him to book abt 2 wks b4 the wedding, in case they forget! ;P

yve and besse... pls do be prepared tat you may not get new new notes. my sis managed to get cos she working in bank but not hubby. but he actually made the teller take out stacks and pick out the newer ones! hee...
happy.gif

me GDL is tmr, so stressed & i juz got bac to work. so scared we'll miss out anything!
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Teatree,

Ok, i will insist that they do some alterations to my WG. I must be firm on my stand! I will request that they re-adjust and change the bra cups to nude color. Now the bra cup is white and i deduce maybe that explains the outline on the gown.

I will only be seeing Monica in mid Nov for 2nd selection as my hubby will be having his exams soon. So i won't be getting back the CD-Rom so fast... please be patient hor
happy.gif

No, i won't be using Monica as i had already engaged an actual day photographer and paid the deposit many months ago. I saw the actual day photographs of my 2 friends who engaged him and we like his work.

Hi Cutiechar,

You have already saved on topping up to get back the CD-Rom
happy.gif
. So you don't have to feel you have to buy a certain amt of photos before you can get back the CD-Rom.

I find that abit of crease line should be normal right? Cuz' sometimes is the design of the gown, cannot be helped. I find the best design is bustier duchess satin gown, my friend's gown can hardly see any creases.

I think i will ask BS to alter nearer to Actual day, now alter like abit too early. So your album mostly OD pics lor... how about Studio, have some also rite? He not nice nevermind, you look nice can already...kekeke... i very bad hor?

muackz u back too...

chicory

Hi Baobei,

I called Acepro to check on the rates and it is indeed quite cheap. However, they quoted me $80 for printing on 200 inserts. Is your hotel providing you with the inserts cuz' Marina Mandarin is providing us with the inserts? May i know where is Acepro? T-dragon quoted me $100 for 200 inserts irregardless of using their inserts or my own inserts.

meowie

Can i suggest to have a meet up around december? Will all of you be back by then? Especially those whose dates are at the end of the month?

Sorry, no pics yet. My PC is down again. I can only post in office. PC will be back again tomorrow if everything goes well for the installation. Mother board spoilt liao
sad.gif
So cannpt update my guest list also.
sad.gif
Will post them when its done.
happy.gif

Yve, i also encounter the same problem, alot of my friends and colleagues can't turn up. About more than 1 table cannot turn up.
sad.gif

wedsoon

Hi all gals...
I have been mia for a long long time as I was busy clearing my work for my honeymoon.

Meow: how are you? I had bought a hot glue gun and had made the wrist corsages. Quite different for those posted.

Besse: I just realised that we will be taking the same flight together and might see you on the plane...mine is on 5 nov early morning.

wenz: All your gowns are beautiful and I love it....

Leo29: How is your preparation? my GDL was over and that day was so tiring....

meowie

wedsoon, i'm fine thankyou. Well why not post us the pics too?

Some update on my reno, my kitchen 90% completed except for the handles.

baobei

Hi,chicory....

Oriental dun provide us the inserts so if i use Acepro, i have to pay for the inserts at 0.20cents each..so if MM is providing ur the inserts think u dun have to pay for the inserts just the printing cost of $80.00 so is cheap..the problem is if i use Acepro.we have to buy inserts...

so act. Acepro is cheaper than T-dragon loh...

hmm..so what u think??...since Acepro is ur direct printer for MM, think u can use them...

BTW wat is creases huh??heee...me bery blurblur lah....

leo29

Meow,

Your PC very Ke Lian lei, always breakdown.

Yah..... I think after wedding the posting will become lesser and lesser. But not to the stage of no posting lah, I believe we have new issue to discuss...
happy.gif
Eg husband, PIL, baby.....

are

meow... gd for you man! finally you can clear one load off your mind! ;P

leo29... hmm... no one noes wats gonna happen so we'll all juz put in an effort and stay here!
happy.gif
hee... but i'll prob be posting at weird hours... me may be going w hubby to U.S for 6mths in apr. we'll consider tat as our make-up honeymoon.
happy.gif

leo29

Hi.... wedsoon,

We will forgive you.... know that you are busy with your preparation... Me hah! Stress man.... with the invites. Already call 80% of my guests and had start printing their names on the envelop. Will send all out by next week. I think this is the most stressful thing. After that will be my GDL and An Chuang. Then..... will be my big day....
happy.gif

Your house painting already done lei. This morning see the contractor clearing the rubbish. I guess very soon will be ready.

yve

meow,
i am very happy that i can meet the minimal number of tables of 28.. right now, the number of tables we have is 29, but will take 28 plus 2 reserve..

are, heard that TB actually chops the pig for u.. but the lady that i talked to days no such thing.. ordered the medium pig which is about 2 feet long (9kg).. the big pig is 3 feet long (15kg).. kinda big uh..

are

leo29.. ya lor. he's there to attend a training. i'm going there to work as a cashier in the supermarket! hahahaha...
happy.gif

yve... cannot be rite? they noe its for wedding how can chop??? maybe tats for the normal 'suckling pig'. hubby oso ordered the medium one. do rem to ask them to send to your hubby's place earlier. last time my fren's was late for 2hrs & we all waited till want to sleep! ;P hee...

chicory

Hi Baobei,

I see... So if you use Jasvy, need to pay for inserts? Have you call T-dragon and check their prices? Cuz' they quoted me $100 before i told them i will provide the inserts, cuz' i also didn't know that MM actually provides the inserts. Then i called them to say i will be providing the inserts, they say no change, still $100 cuz' the inserts doesn't cost much to them.

Maybe T-dragon will be cheaper than Acepro cuz' they don't charge for the inserts. Actually, another printer, Kentrich quoted me $70 for 200 inserts, even cheaper than Acepro
happy.gif

I need to check where is Acepro, if the place is convenient and easy to find. My hubby wants to use T-dragon cuz' it's at Excelsior Hotel, very convenient though more exp.

Creases are lines on the gowns lor... like the gown abit crumbled...
happy.gif

baobei

hi, chicory...
ya loh...but i think i will be using inserts lah...straight away print on the cards will be nicer..havsy quoted mi $172.00, Acepro quoted me $165.00not much diff...act. if price not much diff, i might as well use Javsy which is Oriental's direct printer....

Acepro is at Windsor Hotel...at Macpherson road...2nd floor....

oic...so that creases are lines on e gowns....

meowie

Are, not really can rest leh, only kitchen. My masterbed room and living room not finish yet. Then next wednesday is my An chuang, they say they'll finish the room on monday.
happy.gif
You want go there work as cashier? Dun you think it takes time to recongnise their money?
happy.gif

Yve, me too think can hit a minimal but really need to check again lor.

yve

are, i mean they deliver it, then we use it to pray then chop it for you.

i asked them to deliver to my place at 1pm.. thought easier lor, dun need to carry the pig from hubby's place.. mom is also agreable to that..

are

meow... i try lah.
happy.gif
the $$ will come in handy! else i always tell hubby, i'll go there & sell nasi lemak! ;P

yve... eh? they so nice ah? then they wait @ your hse? wah... your mum very tong qin da li leh... my mum strict cannot, muz come from hubby's hse.

friends78

Hi Ladies

Thks for ur advice! I taken my PS liao with J&C. Saw my sample proof, so far very satisfied with the results. My banquet is a chinese restaurant cos of budget. So for cards printing, it's provide by the restaurant.

Spend a lot of money mah.... Still haven't buy GDL stuff ..... headache!

cutiechar

HI Baobei

oic, but my idea of the 30 flr one is the blk 180 plus opp BP plaza.keke

ooo..blk 422..my hubby stays at blk 480..quite near..there got lotsa shops and kopitiam, veri convenient leh. yar mayb the good thing staying near my mother is tat I got dinner when I want to..keke..but I insisted that mi and hubby cannot pass duplicate keys to both mothers..so can privacy mah..veri bad hor? :$
yar, mayb my frd will disappoint me den I got chance to call darren liaozz..:p
ur wedding in Oriental.hmm..a popular wedding banquet.I initially wanted there but could not hit the no. of tables and who knows this year, they lower down the no. of tables(most hotels)...*&^%$# hehe..my theme is actualli called gold theme which means the deco and VIP settings, ballroom settings are in gold colour.I know oriental has ballroom theme and etc. so wats ur idea theme?
oic, the printers I oli use T-dragon coz my hotel recommended and I din even know got so mani printers until u told me now..haha..anyway, good to know tat u can print it cheaper!

Hi chicory!

yar, mayb its a blessing to be able to get back the CD-rom..
happy.gif

actuali I oso feel that the crease line is normal leh..most gowns haf that rite..
sad to say, my gown is the bustier duchess satin gown and yet still got crease, that means my designer no good..haha *jialat*..bo pian no model figure..yeah, my BS oso mentioned that he will alter the gowns for me nearer to actual day so no worries for the time being.Lets worry abt other stuff first..wahaha...e.g. guest list and PS outcome..
btw, wat is OD? yeah, the studio ones oso all inside the CD rom..
wahaha...great minds think alike, I oso tell him nevermind anyway coz ppl tend to see bride first den the groom..hehe..u not bad! if u bad, den I lagi bad liaoz..

u got mail!......

;)

Hi Doreen!

how? ur PS fun? where u go for PS outdoor? can show us ur sample proof? which restaurant u wif? tung lok ar...keke
yah, money always the biggest prob sia..I oso haven buy GDL stuff..put aside first..wahaha

:p

baobei

hi,cutiechar,

oh i knw which blk u refering to...initially i wanted to chose there cos near BP Plaza..but tat time they only have low floor so i drop the idea...

Ya for Oriental i take the minimum no. of tables first...actually they do have a theme..but i have not meet up with my co-ordinator to discuss...when shall we usually discuss the details ? Am I too late...aiyo...cham lah...like everything not yet settle....

Wow..ur hubby stay so close....who knws we might have walk past each other b4 near the coffee shop area..haaaa

sweets

hi pooh...nice pix !!! finally got to open it and it was worth the wait..thanks for sharing
happy.gif

priviledged, congrats!! wah...move so fast hor ...
happy.gif
was reading abt natural birthing techniques that are more popular in US, u thinking of trying that ? Your pix are very joyful as well...like what Shanice says lor..soon u and her will be posting baby pix liao
happy.gif

Shanice, I like the baby gal's name very much...the chinese one...very gentle and yet got "liao" kinda name ...hehe...have u managed to get a gynae yet ? was reading that u've been searching for one....

friends78

Hi Cutiechar

Yah. My PS was fun. It was raining that day. On and off type so done a lot of running... Went to old building in Outram, 4 locations in Sentosa, Middle of the road in Shenton way (cos I like high rise buildings), Nite shots outside Fullerton Hotel.

Haven't not got back the photos.. will post once receive...

My chinese restaurant is imperial court. Not so famous lah... MIL and FIL wanted shark fin, abalone, scallop dishes... so cannot sign up with hotel. Must be very expensive if I want them to include ALL these.. Ha! Ha!

chicory

Hi Baobei,

So you will be printing direct on the cards? Funny, my friend who had her printing done at T-drgon told me printing direct on cards is cheaper whereas the printers tell me otherwise ??!!. But i have decided to print on inserts as i can print more inserts, in case of writing errors
happy.gif
. Then if i have balance of cards, still can return to hotel. I think your hotel will call you to discuss about the theme when they feel that it's time to settle all the details, dun worry...
happy.gif

Hi Cutiechar,

Yah lor... now is the time to worry about the guest lists, sending of invites, GDL, as well as reno for you
happy.gif
. I also have to start buying materials to make wrist corsages for the jie-meis.

Dunno leh, my fren's BS was Bridal Veil and her bustier Duchess Satin very fitting lor, can hardly see any creases. Maybe they have very good bonings
happy.gif

OD is outdoor lor... hee hee.. yah, i also like that say, most people look at the bride, then the groom
happy.gif

Hi Doreen,

Imperial Court also quite famous leh... your menu alone will get all your guests go WOW...
happy.gif

meowie

Are, Yeah can sell there. Somemore chinese food should be very expensive there. Then you 'll earn more.
biggrin.gif

Ok, finally got my pc back. Here's my bear:
34764.jpg

cutiechar

HI Doreen

yeah, my PS tat day oso raining and end up we have to go all places wth shelter. so disappointing. wow not bad u still managed to go so mani places, but the most impt is thtat u enjoy and u like ur pics!
wow imperial court ar..not bad leh..think ur food sure yummy one whereas hotel ones not tat yummy according to some ppl..:p
waiting for ur pics!

Hi Chicory

yeah, I just went to spotlight to buy materials, all cost abt $11 only..hmm..I got fake flowers and ribbons and managed to DIY 7 wrist corsages.actuali not I do one, my hubby did..I don even know how to, I anti-DIY one..wahahah
yeah lor, Bridal veil sure different. Actualii I keep keeping my BS to make the gown something like Michelle Huimin.yah, the material is abt the same but the quality..err..wahahhaahah..:p

cheers!

friends78

Hi Gals

Thks so much for comments! Given me the confidence I required!
happy.gif
Honestly, I never tried the food there. Hee.. hee.. don't even go for food tasting cos save money lah. Booked that restaurant cos of collegues recommendation...

My wedding is paid by myself and hubby. Actually, we wish to have it in hotel lah. No choice lor! So planned a budget wedding! Mostly importantly, must be happy right?!
biggrin.gif

baobei

HI, Chicory,

at first i also tot that straight print on cards is cheaper but later they explain to mi that cos straight print on cards require hot stamping which is quite ex..for inserts wat they do is normal printing...and i think straight print on cards will look nicer....heee..but i still not yet decide till i view the samples..

Hi, Cutiechar and Chicory...
I also want to try to make wrist corsages myself..but seems not successful..can your advise me??btw Cutiechar u bought the fake flowers at PS spotlight huh?..u mean by using hte ribbon to tie the fake flowers?

What abt the brothers? do they need to wear any corsages? Your also make yourself??

Sorry..i blurblur leh...try and try also cannot make it successfully....heee

brandon71

hi sweets, and everyone :p

hehhehe... i'm still sooo excited abt becoming a mother soon! Aiyah... sounds so old oredi! Sweets, thanks for compliments on the baby girl's name...
happy.gif

got some frens did recommend me their gynae... one is KK's Low Seong Fei something like that... oso heard abt john tee, etc etc... will choose one soon...

shanice
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

You went to the spotlight at Plaza Sing ah? $11 only, very cheap leh. Your hubby very good... i find my hubby quite clumsy with handicrafts... hahaha. Heard that Michelle Huimin is v good with corrective design, but your BS is also good, i find that Jit is quite creative and daring in his designs
happy.gif
. Actually, I would also have shortlisted Silverlining during BS search if i have heard more about it then.

Got any pics to share on your wrist corsages?

Hi Doreen,

Yah lor, nowsaday, the wedding dinner is paid by the couple themselves. I agree that most impt, you and your hubby must feel comfortable and happy. Actually, the ballroom we are using also looks abit like restaurant cuz' of the low ceiling, short walk-in and is actually quite small too
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Baobei,

That's what the printer told me also.. print on cards require hotstamping. But maybe my friend did not use hotstamping so cheaper, and the wordings on her cards indeed not so clear.

I think the fake flowers should come with wire, then you just twist the wire unto the ribbon... from what the girls here have shared
happy.gif
. If you get those flowers without wire, probably you have to glue or sew them unto the ribbon. Seem to me flowers with wire are easier to make.

Maybe i will go to T-dragon and PS Spotlight tomorrow
happy.gif

baobei

Hi, chicory,

thanks for your infor....i will try to drop by there to take a look..then wat abt the brothers??

Hye btw when is ur wedding and where?

yve

are, at first mom wants us to brong the pig from his place too.. now she okay with direct delivery to my place, but we must bring the head and tail to his place then can go hotel..

last weekend leow.. packing my luggage, tidy up my room, prepare the ang pows..

cutiechar

Hi Doreen

yeah, the wedding now all now couple pay themselves, anyway marriage isnt abt cusomtary, but its the both of you!
happy.gif

Hi Baobei & Chicory!

good morn!
My cards I decided to do on card itself but I haf no idea abt hotstamping. I initially oso wanted on inserts but need to pay extra and we feel that normally ppl will throw away the cards..so we din use the inserts..keke
I went to Spotlight @ tampines. yes, I bought the fake flowers with wires attached. One pack of flowers haf got 6 small stalks.So I took 3 stalks and use the wire to tie onto the ribbons. so I managed to make 7 corsages. yah, actualli mine veri simple one. I go take the corsages pics first then send to you all!
brothers ar...I haven think of anything but most probably nothing for them..wahaha..:p

maucks!

aries

HI all,

Dun think my question was answered in my earlier posting but anyway...does anyone know where can i get someone creative to do the photo slideshow for the dinner...

my wedd is two weeks to go...thanks and happy planning..

Thanks...

baobei

hi,cutiechar...

thanks alot....so I shall wait for your corsages pics..
happy.gif

btw so u have gotta ur cards ready...T-dragon? How much they charge u for straight print on cards??

chicory

Hi baobei,

Usually brothers don't have corsages i think... unless the brothers are all wearing coat, then probably you want to prepare a simple flower corsages for them
happy.gif

My wedding is over 2 days, 28 and 30 Dec. Dinner at Marina Mandarin
happy.gif
. When is yours? Actually, our hotels are very near
happy.gif

Hi Cutiechar,

Yah, i am also curious to know how much they charge you for printing on the cards. I have decided to go to Kentridge to print the inserts cuz' they don't charge for the cartoon graphics whereas T-dragon charges $10 per cartoon. For T-dragon, it is $120 with 2 cartoons for 200 inserts, whereas for Kentridge, it is $70.