(2003) Brides of year 2003

muffins

hi priviledged

thanks for sharing your photos. u look nice in the evening wear.. a little peranakan style. something different.

okie me will go check out the recipe book from cold storage.

really envy u. can be a tai tai for at least a few years. we here got to slog hard.. bad day today.. sigh..

baobei

hi, cutiechar..

oh really..u did reply me..then is me who blur blur lah..heee

my designer name is Darren and his contact no. is 96396659, he very flexible and very honest..if he think is not nice, he will tell u frankly, but of cos no obligations lah..just called him loh, one thing good abt him is tat he is not those pestering type and the most thumb up abt him is his service.....rem. to say is me ( sharon ) who recommend, cos he say will give your a better price...heee..

hey me too..nothing started yet...just abt to meet the printer this wed for the details...guest list only an est.no.

we have selected the pics and waiting for them to get them done...

we keep in touch okie...

takecare..
happy.gif

starmiffmel

are,
the indoor wg is my actual one..nope, not using tat headgear.. too drama..hehehhe
the date is still on but there is some changes lah.. cos my mum wants to come n 2.30 no more slot.. so we switch to 1.00 but i bet u will stil see me when u rearch....

wenz... i din see yr pics yet.. went to look n couldnt find.. tot i blur hahah...why dont u just post it up, dont take down lah...

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

You haven't select your pics for the album, didn't your photographer "rush" you? heheh... cuz' they need time to put together the album
happy.gif

I will be going to Vividshots this evening to see and select my pics if nothing goes wrong. Your photographer let you take back all the proofs to make the selection? Your photographer using digital or film?

wenz

Hi Grace
I removed them previously so that others can add their pictures. I am sure many of u have already collected your studio and would like to share with the rest.

btw, you can now see them in Yahoo! Trial.

Hi Besse & DK
Photos of my gown are in Yahoo! now.

cubie

Hi,

can anyone provide me with the contact for eurolink or some other wine dealers that sell affordable wine?

Thank you =)

are

grace.. u shd use lah, then outstandng mah! ;P hehe... i tot it was specially made for your EG.

so u going earlier... i might be going earlier too, if i can help it, so dun go home too late. c ya then!

besse

min min

my prep ok.. got plenty of help from good frens. so think so be fine
happy.gif

ask you gals.. what flowers u using for hand bouquet ar??? is red roses too loud???

Leo, I will post some of our wedding shots into a website.. you see if look like me lor..
sad.gif

kopi.. ya thanks, got the contact, but we get Gawa storage lor.. almost everything done up.. but gotta wait for the wall paper to be redone for the 4th time.. so since not yet handed over, i cant move my things in.. sigh.. sianz..

COUNTDOWN>.. 1.5 more weeks to WEDDING!!!!

starmiffmel

wenz,

yr eg very special leh.. got the victorian sleeves kind... the wg has a long train.. be careful when u walk, sure dont want pple to step..cheers..
and thanks for posting for us again...

are, wat time u going? so i see u there lah...

besse yah, left so little time.. start to panic liao hor... me too ah...

besse

hey.. who's going mani and pedi on the 1st??? my appt with indulge is @ 5pm...

Grace.. hehe i also cant wait!!

ok.. gonna post my wedding picts nw.. ta!!

cutiechar

Hi Baobei!

got I got reply..but have to scrolllllllllll all the way up to find..hehe.. :p
eh, your designer shop at where har?scarli at east side, I *faint* ..keke..
anyway, tks hor, I will try to arrange with him and see his best price! I actualli now on hand got meet 3 ID already, now waiting for their quotation. hope price not too much..wahaha..otherwise..otherwise..otherwise..
my hubby faint not I faint..heehee
btw, where is ur new love nest? finish renovation or...?
wow, good leh..like me..I oso everything estimate one..wahaha.always last min. :p
okie! keep in touch..come here oftenly den we can exchange..

Hi chicory!

veri busi harrrrr..long time no see u :p
wow how come u use vividshots now? initially u not using Monica rite? okie I no, long story rite?
can summarized here? I good listener..heeeheee
oh yar, my pics har. I slowly take time coz the one who is going to compile and touch up my pics is my brother-in-law.My photographer, Lionel, whose assistant is my brother-in-law and every couples pics oso he touch up one so I abit bochap..(I last min person)but my MIL did nag at us last sat to choose our pics liao..hahaha.. :p
Actualli I got back all pics in a CD ROM(outdoor and indoor)and I don even want to compile in album coz got CD ROM liaoz and can anytime put in PC and see, if complie in album next time sure put in storeroom..(WAHAHA..some old couples told me)
My photographer use digital. how abt urs?

abit lo so hor..paiseh
34583.gif

are

grace... i'll try to be there by 2pm. always takes a long time for mani & pedicure, & i wld like to go for a wash & blow lor, dun want to spoil my nails again! ;P

i've decided to use stickers tis time, can't maintain french or hand-painted leh... hope stickers better...

wenz

Hi Grace
yeah, the train is about 3m long. Definitely need help when i walk.

Your wedding gown looks very sexy and beautiful.

wenz

Hi Are & gals
If you are worried about your nails after manicure & pedicure, can get Quick Dry from Indulge. Cost $23.90 per bottle.
The last time round, Jane use it on my french manicure & pedicure. Dry within minutes. Dont have to worry about spoiling them at all.

baobei

hi, Cuitechar...

heee...think i very blur lah...i might have overlook ur reply...

btw u can tell my designer your budget andhe will try his best to work out acc to what u want, and i thing good is that if he think cannot make it within your budget, he will say cannot, he not those that inorder to meet your budget, use bad quality..frankly speaking, my hubby and I really impress with his service...but is up to u..cos no harm making comparison...his office is at AMK..but if u find distance too far...think he dun mind come up west side to meet u ....at times he also fetch customer go IMM chose tiles..

My love nest is at Senja, near Bukit Panjang..wat abt u??..

so u will be staying with ur inlaws after marriage??

take care and keep in touch..

starmiffmel

besse,
me will be at indulge at 1pm, are will be there at 2pm... heheh we want our nails to dry faster.. cos it takes forever long to really dry.

are, u going where to wash n blow, wat time u going?wat u mean by stickers? as in acrylic nails?

wenz... thanks for telling us abt the quick dry, so once u put it on, does it mean that if u accidently knock yr nails, there are no dents?
yr wedding will be very grand, will look very nice if u are stolling into church with such a long train..

bride0712

Hi all,

Finally my PS is over!!! We only did the Indoor Shoot... not that the weather is bad... we decided to do the indoor only and then upgrade the photo size in exchange. It was a fast one. We were done and over with by three.. started shooting at almost one.

I feel so relaxed now that PS is over. Now it's time to get down to the other stuff... First on the list is my invitation cards!!!

wenz

Hi Grace
Jane put 2 drops of Quick Dry on each nails and leave it to dry for about 10 mins. If you knock your nails lightly or press on it, should not leave any mark.
For me, i need quick dry so that i will not spoil my manicure and pedicure when i drive after that.

are

grace... besse is going on the 1st leh, i'll be busi with my wedding then! ;P hehehe... blur eh?

me thinking of going a salon near my place lah, cos my MA ask me to wash hair the day b4, cos she coming @ 6am, she say dun wash hair so early. then my hair so wavy, so might as well wash & blow then next day tie hair easier.

i mean those small stickers to put on nails. tot quite cute mah. the last time i met them i saw this small 'stars' quite nice lor. either use tat or some small flowers since i got flowers on my WG.

wenz... last time jane also used this 'super hard' acrylic top coat for me. but i still had to go bac to 'save' my nails. sigh... think i real 'chor lor'
happy.gif
but maybe tis quick dry is diff, hv to go for such things anyway. thanx for the info!

cutiechar

Hi Baobei!

wow your designer so good ar..actuali I dont mind the distance coz as long as the designer can produce quality.
Hey, u staying which blk? 480 plus? I initially wanted to choose there. is yours near expressway?
coz my flat is a delayed project so we are allowed to choose another area during the WIS this earlier year. so we look ard and found that Segar road not bad, near to expressway but its executive one and too spacious for us liaoz, so we drop the idea.I realli like the flats there!
I staying with my hubby,coz I insisted not to stay wif parents!haha..:p

Hi bride!

wow, can relax liao har! yeah, better get list started. I now headache and oso lazy to get started.

cheers!

wenz

Hi Are
I also have the acrylic top coat. The Quick Dry is added after everything is done.
i also very chor lor esp when driving, tend to grab the steering wheel quite hard and hence pressed against the nails. Luckily the nails are dry, if not sure will leave ugly marks...

kopibean

Oranges,

Me no post photo...think u mix up liao....

Besse,
No problem! Feel so guilty for passing you the contact so late.
Seems to be quite rush for you to move all ur things to new hse...

red roses...wat type of red?deep red,light red or ??? ur bouquet will be completely roses or mixed wif any berries or other flowers to match?
perhaps you can ask ur bouquet ppl to recommend if you find it too loud.

starmiffmel

oh..sorrie besse, me blur liao.. tot u going on 31st as well.

are, think this time i will not put any flowers heheh just the classic french manicure.

as for the quick dry, i will think abt it..hehehhe
thanks alot..

baobei

hi, cutiechar...

is not i praise him lah...but frankly speaking he is good..if not i dun dare to recommend u...
this saturday i am meeting him , then i can help u tell him to charge your cheaply....btw what ur actual name... or can i tell him u call cutechar..hee
happy.gif

i stay at blk 626...wat abt u??

btw can ur house ready bfore u get married...cos i heard from my designer that now many pple dun accept project cos is near to CNY in Jan...so u better make sure u tell ur designer when u want to complete ur project..

btw when is ur wedding??

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

So good hor, your brother-in-law is doing the touch-up for your photos and you will be 100% sure he will do a very good job for you
happy.gif
. But still don't be so last min, allow more time for your bro-in-law cuz' one photographer told me year-end alot of couples getting married so alot of albums to rush
happy.gif

Ok, to cut story short
lol.gif
. My PS photographer fell sick and called me on PS morning to say he can't take for us. My MU artist fuming mad cuz' she's a Malaysian, already cleared the custom, paid the tolls and kena limit by Customs the no. of times she can come to S'pore. So BS helped me call Monica who recently ties up with them. So poor Monica got dragged out of Bed by BS... who intended to sleep late that day as she was working till 2am that morning. The end of story...
biggrin.gif

Monica uses both digital and film. Will be topping up $1k to take back all the shots... sigh... pockets big hole... hahaha

aries

HI all,

Help is needed here.. any idea where can i get someone creative to do the photo slideshow for the dinner...

Thanks...

cutiechar

Hi Baobei!

OIC, at blk 626 but there quite nice place, consider bukit panjang quite peaceful..my house at Jurong West..hulu hulu place..:S
If i not wrong, u staying wif ur in-laws after marriage rite?
My real name is Charmaine..tell him cutiechar I oso don mind..kekeke :$
I think my house can be ready IF I can confirm and let the designer to start renovation on the 1st Nov, coz they will take 1 and a half month to completed.so hopefully 2 weeks before actual day. my wedding in 27 Dec. urs leh?

Hi chicory!
good meh?? actuali I want to keep secret abt my gowns and PS style but it seems that everyone(my sister-in-law, MIL all see the designs liaozz)..keke
yeah, if he dares anyhow do.hmm..hehehe...ask my hubby to knock his head. :p
so how? u saw ur pics last nite rite? mei mei ma?
huh...fall sick ar..why photographer lidat one..
btw, hows Monica's PS? veri fun & tired rite?
wow, top up $1k..or mayb u can take back those veri nice one and then see if u want all back later. but anyway $1k not alot..not like $5k tat kinda..so still ok! can show us pics liaoz bo?

muackzz...muackz...+ yawnzz

(!-_-)

leo29

Min,

I has finalise my food tasting menu. All come from Menu A except dish no 3, will come from menu B. Very jia lat, my dad ask me to change the Ribs to fresh scallop. I'm still considering..... must top up $$$$. Can tell me what dish you find it no good so I can get myself prepare.

Have you decide the ballroom deco?

wenz

Hi Leo29
I also have ribs in cold dish. None of them like it so i changed to some kind of roll. FIL said too tough, very hard to eat.

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

You have a point too, will be very difficult to keep them a secret since your bro-in-law is your photographer's asst. So you get good price too rite
happy.gif
?

I think he won't dare to anyhow do also cuz' he also doesn't want to get knock
lol.gif

Yah, saw my pics last nite, aiyo, the WG photos need alot of touch-up cuz' alot of creases and can see the outline of the bra cup. But overall, we are pretty happy with the photos
happy.gif
, so finally can heave a sigh of relief. My hubby says the completion of PS was still not truly a load off our mind, but only after seeing the photos then is considered
biggrin.gif
. Luckily, he likes the photos cuz he is more critical than me.

Monica's PS is fun and relaxed, but i do feel tired at the end of it cuz' we ended quite late, ard 7+pm. We managed to capture some sunset shots. Monica is very easy-going and funny so hubby can talk to her quite freely.

Have to top up $1k (another 20 photos) leh, then can take back all the exposures. 20 pieces definately not enuf cuz' we shortlisted so many photos, some even in collage forms so that we can squeeze 4 or more photos of similar poses which we like. Aiyo, long time ago, we were already prepared to top up to get back all exposures. You don't have to top up to get back all your exposures right? So lucky
happy.gif
. I cannot show you all the pixs yet cuz' all still in Monica's IMac. But i have some pixs taken by my hubby's digital cam, if you wanna see, give me your email address.

Muack too
happy.gif

leo29

Wenz,

The ribs i mentioned is not from the cold dish. Is one of the dish.... My dad said ribs very low class, haiz....

Hello... Besse,

Your wedding is coming, excited or not....? Me nowadays no mood to post man... very stress with the invites. So you settle all your things? ei.....

ava

Hi Gals!

We've been chatting for so long and now our special day is fast approaching
happy.gif

Can't believe how fast time flies!

Remember to stay happy and calm
happy.gif
I'll pray for all Novas this wknd
happy.gif

Take care!

besse

Leo

Ya lor.. cant believe it.. wedding's 1.5 weeks away.. excited and already super switched off from work.. keep trying to think of ways to skip office..

now i busy with table arrangements.. lucky most of my frens invited are turning up.. oni have to work around a few who are not coming.. relatives quite tricky.. make sure your parents help u out on that..

last weekend GDL, v siong.. sent parents run around many places to give away invites... haiz.. lucky i got excuse wait in car, no nid show face..

now left to do the ring pillow and the guest book i wanna do up.. and pack my messy room, and stay stress free as possible to look pwetty.. diff with pimples popping up my face.. go facial tomorrow..

Oh, and for those of you who wants an even temp tan, can try the instant browning at Espirit spa at paragon. i tried the tanning 2 days ago, love the results when i went for my fitting today.. so will do another round on next friday b4 my wedding.. it's temp, can last from 5 - 7 days.. hehe..

Have fun novas!!!

min_minnie

Leo29,

Just my comments.You toking abt the weekend menu rt? The cold dish for menu A alright except my family dun like the Seaweed rolled with yam paste, so change to Spring roll. The other dish from Menu A that we tried was Dried Scallop and Gluten Puff with seasonal vege. There seem to have 2 dishes with the same seasonal vege, so might change the vege, not confirm yet. and we tried the Garoupa and find it a bit tough. The rest not too bad. We only have 6 dishes to try so quite limited.
Deco, have not discuss with the coordinator. Will do so next week. Which ballroom you taking and how many tables do you have?

wenz

Hi Besse
Did u try the soursop pudding? Nice? Find this quite unique but too bad "sour"sop is forbidden by FIL.
So did u change the dessert to something else?

btw have you posted your photos? went in a few times but didnt c leh!

I am going to meet the florist this evening to discuss about flowers for centre pieces and flower stand.

I think you will look very pretty w the red bouquet, definitely wont be too loud. Latest Martha Stewart Magazine has very nice red bouquets. If you need, I can scan and send u the pictures.

wenz

Hi Leo29
Since it is main dish, you may want to consider changing cos i realised that not many people like pork rib. For my food tasting, 7 dislike and only 2 is ok w it.
Did they offer you any other dishes that do not require any top-up?

teatree

hi chicory,

aiyoh.... you definitely must show your BS your photos and ask them to alter your WG until it fits like a glove leh... bra cups showing, i feel, is really unacceptable. but fortunately your hubby and you like the photos. when are you going to show us here your lovely photos?? heee.... we'd love to see them.

hey, i agree with you that ps is really a big load in a wedding prep. when done with it, it's quite relax already. are you going to be using monica for your AD too??

i will reply your email shortly
happy.gif

leo29

Min,

Ballroom 1&2 with 40 tables. I think i will just have the food tasting first then decide to change or not to change. Change to fresh scallop with vege, we need to top up $17 per table.

Wenz,

My lazy coordinator... whatever things i request also cannot lah. We will just check with the chef during our food tasting. My dad know the chef there so more easy to talk....

Besse,

Jia You...... When you start to on leave? So i guess after wedding i won't see you until you back from honeymoon huh.

besse

wenz

we like the soursop pudding, but requested for the name on the menu to be changed to Exotic fruits pudding.. hehehe.. so that solves the "sour" prob

ya, guess i'll go ahead with the red rose bouquet.. cos got pink wax flowers, so i think should be ok..

Leo..

hmm.. me not really on leave before the wedding.. skiving off here and there to do stuff lor.. ya, i will be off to honeymoon on the 5th early am.. be back on 18th.
happy.gif
when you flying off??? let's catch up after the honeymoons ya?! after that we can go house visiting liaoz.. hehehe and of cos.. can play MJ!!!

leo29

Besse,

Suppose to be Dec 29 but provided we got enough ppl to make it a group to depart. No new from them yet...

So in between, we still have time to meet up.....
happy.gif
to see photos huh

Bo Xim work today man.... long weekend

yve

yo brides!!

I have been MIA uh? back from KL trip to look for missing uncle..

Next week gng to be on course, so quite relax now already..
happy.gif

leo29

Yve,

Ya lor... was wondering why so long never see you here, tot you are busy with your preparation. So you found your uncle?

Glad to hear that you are in relax mood... Hope i can be like you....