(2003) Brides of year 2003

leo29

Other then Indulge, any other pedi/mani shop that you all can recommend? Me stay Hougang, Indulge is too far away...

cutiechar

Hi all!

gave u all a kiss..muackzz...mmmmmmm :p

Hi Cream!

eh, renovation I actualli tot of doing up the necessary like florr, aircon first..den shift in after wedding..then slowly buy things.if not later anyhow buy stuff for house just becoz of wedding then I think I will regret.
My bridal more or less settled, oli the cards not printed..not yet food tasting..quite a no. of things not done yet...haha
Hows urs?

Hi Baobei!

yeah, rite..veri busy liao lar..but I still relax, relax ..keke..
Who is ur designer? can share?
Some bridal quite rigid one, they wont let u take back everything..and they will charge unreasonable.

HI Sandy!

wow good, that means you can relax liao. I still got mani things undone, undone..sigh..
Can share your designs/ers as well? basically I have no one in mind at all!

Hi Naturally

long time no see leh! busy ar?
Yeah, I quite worried for my MIL. dunno she will wear wat, think my hubby oso bo chap one.My mum bought a long dress at CK tang and she searching for shawl to go wif it.
I don stress one, now I still relax..haha..dunno good or bad leh..hope everything turns out fine!

34051.gif

buaiz

yve

leo,

i planning for open door AB to be $188 too. For 6 ah yees, works out to about 30 each. Will give them another AB of about 10 to top up to $50. For those driving, additional 10 (or 20, cannot decide yet).

leo, how about bishan for manicure? the shop at J8, second floor..

min_minnie

Leo29,

I meeting my co-ordinator on 30th Oct too to discuss on details. I picked some dishes from menu 1 and some from menu 2. Altogather tasted 6 dishes loh. I oso planning for $188 for open door.

leo29

Yve,

Hmm... can oso but don't know their service good or not....

Sunnyling,

Is she skillful and how much is she charging? She is doing it at home?

Min,

How come you only tasted 6 dishes? Suppose to be 9 dish ah....

cream

Hi cutiechar,

same here.I haven't finish buying my furnishing coz no $$ liao becoz of the wedding.I hv already collected my cards liao but hv not gone for food tasting.Maybe arrange for next mth.Now I very relax coz waiting for GDL & buying the xi bin.
happy.gif

piper

hi hi...quick update

i just collected my cards last nite....think this weekend will sit down & write them so tat I can send them out in november...

Also done up my logistics planning for my actual day...but there's still some details to iron out...but my hubby say he'll take care of that, so i dun have to worry abt the logistics anymore...hehehehe

Now left with repainting my hubby's room & buying the cupboard for the "xin fang"....

Hi naturally, my mum bought her clothes when i went shopping with her in June during GSS. Very KS hor?
bigrin.gif

But i dunno abt my MIL. Think her daughters will settle tat for her. But if u need to look for nice "auntie" clothes, think OG/Mico do have nice nice one.

min_minnie

leo29,

But they allow us only to choose 6 dishes for food tasting. Yours got 9 dishes? And only for 8 persons. Maybe can drop by on 30th after my discussion to look for you in the food tasting room if you dun mind.

leo29

Min,

I remember my food tasting is 9 dishes for 10 persons. Need to check my confirmation again. Of course..... don mind lah. Call me b4 you come over.

kopibean

leo,
me planning for $288 for open door AB...cos got 10 jie-mei...approx. each is $28....but in addition will give them another AB for helping me too...

meow,
u got 4 jie-mei?how abt $128?each abt $32...dunno is it too much?

leo29

Meow,

For your open door AB, I oso think $128 is just nice.... they may bargain for more.... If you are confident they wun ask for more then you may consider $168. I believe my Ah Yee will do that and it may goes up to $388... so my initial AB must give less. Let them go and bargain with my hubby....

Kopibean,

Me too will give my Ah Yees addition AB so.... open door AB cannot give too much... Hahaha.... Miss Stinggy

meowie

Thanks gals, oh so meaning $168 or $128 must still prepare more ah? Not say jus put $128 in then even if they bargain for more also dun care?

oranges

Hi leo29

I refer to yr AB list, think I'll follow the amt as mentioned by u. By the way, yr open the door refer to the bridegroom coming to fetch the bride or r u refering to the one who open the car door for yr HB?

kopibean

Leo,
yup yup....if open door AD already big, then addition AB no nd so big liao else realli burn a big hole in pocket....cos still nd to give other helpers AB too...

Meow,
perhaps the max is $168....if let's say ur jie-mei demand more, then ur hb can say u let me in then at my wife bedrm door, i give another one...bluff lah...heee....dunno can work a not...

sunnyling

Leo 29

yaya she doing at home, she got a shop also but charges will be more expensive at her shop. She do french nail extension for me is $80 (with free nail art). I find her skill good leh haha.

serene_sng

Hi sg_oc & serene (aries),

I booked central japan too @ $1900/- (inclusive of taxes etc) inclusive of Osaka..abit expensive hor... hais... you think prepare $2000/- for the expenses enough...? *headache*

yve

uh? bargain up one meh?? tot is ah yee start with a big big sum like $8888, then cut to 888, to 388 and finally to 188. the cut will be with every thing that they do lor.. E.g. sing song, hula-hoop, eat wasabe..

meowie

Yve, yeah of course they'll start at $888 then go down. What i mean should he prepare a angbao of $188 first? So you already tell your ah yee to take only $188 lah?

leo29

Meow,

If your hubby don’t give then they don’t want to open door, how??? Must ask him to standby some additional AB…. Test your Ah Yees out to see are they those that just want to Tekan your hubby or Tekan plus AB must be big big

Orange,

$88 is AB for open bridal car door. Need to prepare 2, one for open door at bride’s side and one for open door at groom’s side.

Yve,

So yours is bargain from big amount to small amount huh…. Like that your ah yee lugi lei… hahaha…. Joking…. So far for my cases, the groom will automatically took the AB out the moment he is at the door step. We will open up and check the amount… if too little will request for more. Then will start to tekan him…

yve

leo, yeah.. i know about the other way of bargaining.. getting more than 1 AB that way..

meow, will manage my ah yee's expectation to only end up at 188 during briefing..

but of cos, must bring extra money and ang pow just in case.. i have heard of the groom giving individual AB to the ah yees..

meowie

Gals, i got another question. When the boy open the door. Only one for the bride side right? Must the boy comes from me? I got no younger brothers nor any kids that doesn't needs to study leh. Then when we go back to the groom side, we dun really need to get another boy to open the door again right?

cookiecorgi

tmr is my wedding day... so kan cheong..

Fishball, Kor, thanks! My dad bgt the hard liquor fr dunno where already... i don need to worry.. phew!

shd be all set... still wanting to do my thank you speech... so im here to source for ideas...

oh serene, i jus did my pedi-mani.. quite happy with it.. do chk it out... fave nails.

sandgirl72

Hi naturally & Piper
My Mom got her dress around Mar this year and guess wat happen now, it is too tight for her liao.. so now she has to re-source again esp when she learnt tat my MIL did a sarong kebaya which cost $800..
biggrin.gif

Hi cutiechar
U got mail.. heheheee.. have send you the contact of our interior designer.. have U got yr floor plan yet? start making photocopies of yr floor plan and there goes yr renov search.. don't worry la, feel free to ask me if there's anything I can help U.. ok?
happy.gif

Hi Piper
about the traditional pastries, my gf has found the name of the shop & address. she will forward to me tomorrow morning.. will pass on to U once I get it 'piping hot' from her.. ok?
happy.gif

monicaeng

HI Hi,
Sorry to intrude in this thread. But I'm looking for any couple who's getting married between 27th to 30th Oct 2003 and is NOT using a journalistic photographer. I need a small favour from any 1 couple getting married during this period. Please contact me at [email protected] if u are getting married between the said date.

Thanks!!

Regards
Monica Eng

monicaeng

HI Hi,
Sorry to intrude in this thread. Have posted a similar posting in Octbrides but just incase I can't find any volunteer for Oct, I'm looking for any couple who's getting married between 10th - 16th Nov 2003 and is NOT using a journalistic photographer. I need a small favour from any 1 couple getting married during this period. Please contact me at [email protected] if u are getting married between the said date.

Thanks!!

Regards
Monica Eng

yve

meow, i have boys to open at both side.. At my size, my brother (not very young already) to open and at his side, hubby's bro (also not young) to open for me.

leo29

Meow,

How about asking your cousin... There is another practise where the boy who open the bridal car door at bride side will follow the bride to groom house and open the door for them again. Meaning the same boy will open the door twice.

aloevera

ladies,
not sure if any1 of u hv posted tis question b4.. how do u decide d seating arrangement for both our parents? will they be seating together at d bridal table or separate? ie. bride n groom sit at d in-laws' bridal table, whereas bride's parents & other members of d family sit at another table, so called VIP table.

bibip

helo all, i just came back fm my honeymoon, so did not get to reply to your thread.. so sorry...

hihi blue!! how is your wedding? sorry about the wine qtn, guess it's too late to reply now.. hehehe, anyway, we ordered 7 crates, and left wif about 2 & 3/4 crates loh...

helo amerline... you must have had a great time, cos it's good weather on our wedding day!! how's your wedding?

leo29

Aloe,

We have 2 VIP tables. My hubby and me will seat with his family and my parents and sis/bro will seat on the other VIP tables.

aloevera

yve & leo,
thks for responding so fast!! : ) i hv exactly one mth left.. getting busier n busier.

wonder if any of u hv guests who r malays or vegetarian huh? do u arrange them to seat at 1 table even knowing that they dun know each other? i hv been told tat if i put any malays or vegetarian 2 sit wif the rest of d chinese, i'll be charged additional.. quite wasteful hor? i hv invited abt 3 & my hubby's side is abt 5 of them. rather difficult to put all of them 2gether cos it's better to let them sit wif frens they know rite.

sandgirl72

Good morning ladies!

Hi Piper, here comes the details for the traditional pastries for GDL. The shop name is Gin Thye Cake Maker located at 423 Sembawang Road. Tel 6257 1566, opening hours is 8am to 8pm (Mon to Sat), 8am to 2pm (Sunday). You can look for Mr Lim. He is very helpful.

This 423 Sembawang Road is quite near to Khatib Camp, after the drive-in MacDonald, just under the overheadbridge after the MacDonald.

Maybe you can call him if you need better and clearer direction.

akira

hi aloe,

assumming budget permits, its better let your guests sit with people they know.. after all we all want our guests to enjoy themselves and be comfortable. I also have a couple of vegetarian and Muslim frens whom I'm planning to sit with their frens...

yve

aloe,
i have 2 veg and 5 muslims and they will sit with their friends.. Have to pay extra for their individual servings. But thinking of seating 11 at the table where there are 10 chinese and 1 veg.. so will not lugi.. my table arrangement is still tentative.. trying to fill up the tables. have 5 from my mom's work place and 5 from fh's ex colleagues.. cannot decide who should i move to form 1 table..

besse

ahhhhh... oni 2 weeks left for wedding!!! *tear hair!!!

how's everyone??? super busy.. today house finally handing over... Meow, your place done???? whew.. GDL this saturday.. anyone else the same???

BUSY BUSY!!!

yve

besse, same GDL day as u lah.. Living room is a mess now with all the jia zhuang.. this weekend burnt hunting down remote relatives and doing cake delivery..

bride0712

Hi all,

We've been to four or five printers already but haven't seen one that we really like or within budget... left only with Wedding Wishes.. so hopefully we can get something there.

Anyone has any idea what is the 'IN' song for march-in nowadays??? 'From this moment' and 'The Perfect Moment' were once top on the list... so what's on the lastest billboard?? I'm really clueless. Any ideas??

Also, what do we need to prepare for GDL?? We are doing everything on our own and we are really clueless about such things.