(2003) Brides of year 2003

besse

Hi wenz

Mai so stress.. *sayang*.. take it easier. Anyway, to look for ties, dep on your budget, if got budget, i think ferragamo has nice nice ties, else you can try out robinson, metro or the tie shop at Suntec. Bring your shirt along to match the color.. it will help a lot for you to visualise.

Shoes wise, we got a nice simple and contemporary pair (the sharper tip kind ones) from this shop in Marina Square 2nd floor called Domanchi. oni abt 80 bucks.

we did our PS in Fullerton v quickly, from 4 - 5 plus oni.. think you should clarify with your coordinator if the time is only for the suite, or around the hotel. i din take much around the hotel though cos we super lazy.. wanna chop chop finish.

Leo..

Hehe.. your mama so cute.. i wish my mom more relax. she like kan jeong spider.. smore now then start to do small reno for our own house.. *faint..

yve

putise, sayang... okay lah.. we are all gng to be in bad mood from all the stress anyway.. u go do your stuff lah..

Besse, my minor renovation is done.. painted the living room, my room and changed the lights..

are

yve... not me man... my mum say my dad will go w my BIL as driver. i stay hm can liao. ;P bo bian, cos relatives coming mah. my side style is like tis, tats y i got buffet @ hm.

putise... take things easy k? jia you! ;P

besse

putise.. no prob.. just be cool ok?!
happy.gif
smile, you gotta psyche yourself to look pwetty
happy.gif

so updates as follow for gathering :

This friday(Sept 26) Gathering Update :

Attendance(16 pax) : Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Aloevera, Wedsoon, Amore, Ann, Are, Wenz, Min, Ava, Pris, DK

Venue : Terra Cafe at Bugis Junction, very near 2 the hotel intercontinental from Bugis Junction.
Time : 7-7.30pm

Reservation under Lena.

Anyone not able to turn up please let us know.
happy.gif

ava

Hello Gals!

Sorry I can't make it for 2moro's dinner
sad.gif

Have fun you all! I'll be looking forward to the gathering's photo!

Take care!

meowie

Attendance(14 pax) : Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Aloevera, Wedsoon, Amore, Ann, Are, Wenz, Min, DK

Venue : Terra Cafe at Bugis Junction, very near 2 the hotel intercontinental from Bugis Junction.

Reservation under Lena.

Girls Pris told me her gynae needs to change her appt time to this evening, so she won't join us anymore.
sad.gif
Hope the baby is fine.

Pris, is it a boy?

Min,
Yeah, you bring yours and we share.

Thanks are, but dun put them to hostage lah, they so nice mah.
happy.gif

SG, you wanna join us in tonight's gathering? I jus look through the details. You are the first leh. Mostly are the opposite way. Where you stay? The place i bought my GDL stuffs did told us what to buy too. But all things are pretty standard for the guy side unless the girl side request for more stuffs.

Besse,
How many seats have you reserve?

pris

Hi Gals,
Sorry that I cannot make it to tonight's gathering, actually really hoping to go so I could share my AD photos with you all but so sad...my gyne have to change my appointment from Sat to tonight cos my gyne has some major operation to operate tomorrow so have to bring my appointment forward.......
Hope to meet you gals for the next gathering..and enjoy!

Meow,
Thanks for informing them for me!
Yes it is a BB boy.

aloevera

hi all,
Finally, able 2 join d chat.. : )sori tat i MIA as i had prob logging 2 internet recently. been trying 2 keep up wif all yr postings.. u gals r really beri active & responsive huh. hmm, makes me wonder if u all r "tais-tais" at hm sometimes.. heehee.

Finally i can meet d group 2nite. can't forget this "blind date" leh.. glad 2 c tat my name is still in d list.. so do i need 2 say my "username" loud n clear at d entrance? hahaha. will try 2 find my way there..

cya.

serene_sng

Hi gals,

Anyone got lobangs in your company.. i like to change jobs after wedding... work until very sianzz..
are,
Nice meeting you too!!! you work in Singtel... same with my daddy... but he is located at somerset..

putis baby,
no stress no stress... we are here for each other... *hugs* SO how's is your food tasting..?? do you guys eat like having free dinner or treat it very seriously..??

Meow,
You better treat are better tonite so she will surrender the hostages to u...
lol.gif
heeeeheee

Besse,
If actual day wedding go & take pics at fullerton hotel when is the best time..?

meowie

Wow! Today alot of places got sale leh. But i dun think i got another thing to buy.
sad.gif

Pris, you are welcome. 2 more months to go right?

Why everyone go for food tasting already ah? Think i'll do it two weeks later. Too busy liao lah.
sad.gif

meowie

Boo hoo....i broke liao. anyway today we need to spent how much on food huh? I dun know what terra cafe sell leh...

ava,
i'll meet you again on another day then

bibip

helo cath... okie!!

hi kerenelu.. if you dun hv an ang bao box, then at least get a nice and sturdy bag loh, cos will hv quite a lot of ang baos and your hubby's pockets or normal handbags not enough to carry...

if you dun hv a ang bao box of a bag.. then dun pass to the recep ladies liao.. later they stuff 2 here and 3 there.. lost a few how? no lah, just joking.. it's still gd to hv a box, if not a big bag... kekeke

leo29

Putise,

As what besse said.... stay cool..... and things will be turn out alright. I have this problem when choosing card also so we cool ourselves down a few days before making decision....

Are,

My mum also ask for 40 boxes. But you are lucky... that your relatives will gather at your house to collect the cakes. I want to do in this way also but too bad cannot.... becos my GDL is on tuesday and most of them are working. So distribution will start in the evening.... *Crying* just wonder when then i can finish the distrbution.. mid nite!!!

meowie

Metro got 20%, Tangs also got, John little also have, but all things buy already.

If you bought the home and deco magazine, got free table cloth and can buy molecule things at 15% off. I took the sky blue table cloth

amore

ladies... me at client's place today... so will be late!... u all go ahead and order ur food 1st... will join u guyz abit later!....paisei!!

yve

putise,
sayang.. haiz.. my MIL also threw tantrum last weekend.. think she just frustrated that we are not spending enough time with her.

Take care..

ava

hi gals!

Meow, yep meet you another day and deliver more hostages to you ;p
today have to bring my youngest bro go make his suit and then i need to go to the house again for the contractors to do some touch up.

Putise
*sayang*
be happy and stay positive okie
happy.gif

maybe sometimes when the time gets nearer parents just get a little crazy ;)
all of a sudden they may want to do a lot of things!

Prehaps, you could let your FIL select the menu and next time when you go to American Treasures bring him along? Sometimes they just want to be part of the planning ;p

And remember to keep praying! God Bless!

are

putise... i oso agree w ava, maybe u shd show him the menu 1st, let him choose from there, then go for food tasting. tats wat we did for both sides, so as to make sure they noe wat we hv chosen, oso to let them noe wats the budget we can afford lor.

leo29

Putise,

Same same.... when i took the cards home to let my parents gives opinion... my mum said cream color card nice, my dad said maroon color nicer... i almost Ki Siao. In the end I choose the cream color and intend to bluff my dad that the maroon color cards out of stock(Gd ideas huh...). After this case, i have decided to settle evrything ourselve... no more parents opinions.

I've attend my friend wedding dinner at Sheraton in Jun. The food is OK ah...

baobei

Hi, Sandy,

think you must be very busy.

Sorry to trouble you, but would really appreicate if you could email me cos i really in a lost.

Thank you very much.

are

putise.. oh no... things doesn't look too easy to handle. can try to get ur hubby to tok to him?

else, might hv to 'threaten' a bit lor, like for the card, u can say if he dun make up his mind by a certain time, other ppl will choose the balance of the cards, and u will be left with even less choices.

then for the dishes, can ask him to choose now since he is not happy? maybe find a day when u noe he is home, then go over and get it done there and then?

i guess hv to use a lil white lie here & there in order to speed things up. i oso told my parents need more than a wk to print the cards so they had to give me their estimate number of guests lor.

mtmtmt

Putise_Baby,
I agree with the rest- you should just take your FIL's feedback, nod nod nod your head and then choose the menu and the cards yourself.
After that lie to FIL that, oh you chose so-and-so dish eg. steamed fish cos that time he said the fried fish horrible...
and you chose which card cos he wanted red, and no black wording and shape not as long as the one he disliked.

Can liao lor- no matter what happens he seems intent on complaining (yet don't want to make decision- if he make decision cannot complain right?) so just go ahead, settle it and let the music play...

chicory

Hi Tingting,

How's your PS and mani&pedi at Serene? Wed was quite a good day, only started drizzling in the evening when i was going home from office
happy.gif

mtmtmt

I think my MIL slightly better- she only commented in passing she finds maroon cards too "dark" (even though HB and I like them) and prefers us not to choose white envelopes (but I told her now fashion no one cares :p)

In the end HB and I chose the cards (bright red with gold Xi in stylish character), cream envelopes and a cream postcard insert with pic.

Yesterday showed her the pic (everything confirmed, just "update" her only), she kept quiet.
Few minutes later she asked if "the photoshoot did not turn out nice, is it?"
I innocently replied, "no, turned out nice".
She answered, "then why you chose that pic for the postcard leh?"

... ... ...

I just close eyes and ears. After that ask me why don't make BIG BIG portrait to show in reception area, just like her wedding portrait now hanging in her bedroom. I stutter, stutter and resist saying it's obiang. Generation gap.

tingting

Hi chicory,

it was quite an experience at Serene's...quite pleased with Serene's work.
happy.gif

was indeed glad for the good weather on wed. it rained a little but only when we were in the car. When we reached the destination, it was nice n breezy...
happy.gif
Would say the experience is quite interesting..that's prob the closest u can get to feeling like a model..changing dresses, pple doing ur hair n face, camera clicking in front of you....
happy.gif

kopibean

putise,
cool down. I think at the moment just agree to fil wat he say. Then aft tat say tat AWT call n say tat design no longer available...accidentally give it to u in the choice of selection. Dunno this can work a not...
btw, u receive my pm in fbo?

gals,
c u all later...

meowie

Yesterday very happy also. Bought a tennis bracelet. So call given by my MIL. The bracelet itself cost $5k after discount and MIL pay $1400 for it and the rest pay by hubby. Yipee. Finally a girl's dream came true
bounce.gif

meowie

Attendance(14 pax) : Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Aloevera, Wedsoon, Amore, Are, Wenz, Min, DK

Reservation under Lena

chicory

hi tingting,

ha ha... did you do french mani&pedi in the end? I think i will go back to Serene for mani&pedi, cuz' i am quite comfortable with their work and place
happy.gif

Where did you go for your OD shoot? Glad that you had fun at your PS
happy.gif

leo29

Wow.... so Xian Mu meow... got a 5K tennis bracelet... Ai yah, tell us earlier mah, so i can ask you to bring along and let us see....

sg_oc

Hi Meow,

Sorry to reply late cos i am busy. I have sent my inserts for printing on Fri. Why you mentioned I am the first? I am staying at Sengkang. Anyone having the same hotel as mine?

meowie

SG,
I've sent the updated list to everyone. You go take a look k? Sorry
happy.gif
First ah...well got Cantonese and Hokkien but not Hokkien and Cantonese if you understand now.

okeanosmao

hi gals,

jus wanna check wif u..where can i get cakes/pastries for giving to my relatives on GDL? any recommendations?
my dad last min dropped the idea of giving teochew sweets & biscuits to relatives..he wans to give cakes/pastries instead.
now i dun know where to get nice cakes?