(2003) Brides of year 2003

vivace

hi jolin

fine... everything went on smoothly, the weather was good in the morning until i reached my mom's place for the tea ceremony, then it started rain heaveily... v.lucky, didnt caught the rain during the whole journey...

leo29

serene,

Yap, I'm familar. But since Are is working at SPC, i think..... she is more accessible rite... hahaha..... You mind?

Are,

OIC. So our practise is abit different huh. For me, no exchange of AB between both side parents. The most is we give them-my parents confirmed have but not too sure on PIL.

I helping meow to collect somethings from serene. So serene was telling me where she work. If you don't mind can help meow to collect from serene?

leo29

Serene...., no concern ah. U just spread the bedsheet on your An Chuang date what.... Are you trying to tell me that you are going to bring the bedsheet to your house on GDL?

jolin

hi viviace

me the same too, its started to rain heavily when i m on the way to my in-law place.. lucky when i reached there the rain became smaller liao ....

meowie

Girls, I believe someone can help SG right?

Thanks Leo, Are and Serene.
happy.gif

Oh i print out a lastest copy of the brides list. But hor, i sent to everyone when my PC is up again. But you all still can see the updates in Novas

serene_sng

HI gals,

leo jie,
I was thinking that leh... hehehe
So is not like that har...

Are,
Maybe you can SMS me to see when we can meet..? Maybe tomorrow..?

are

serene... i hv the same prob lor, but slightly better cos same day. cos the bedsheet is the one my mum is giving me for GDL, so hubby hv to rush home aft coming ovr for GDL with the new things so his mum can do the an chuang for us.

will sms you in a while.

are

leo29... huh? muz giv parents ah? din noe leh... wah sey... quite a lot of ABs leh! ;P

meow... no prob. ju 'jiao' zhi lao oni lah.
happy.gif

kerenelu

Hi cath,

coz my hubby dun exactly like the idea of having ang pow box so perhaps i give that a miss. But i am wondering whom will my friends pass their ang pows to? Groom? Or pass to reception table ladies?
Then the ladies will need to keep somewhere.

leo29

Serene,

For me, those things from my mum, eg Pillow, bloster, bedsheet... will go straight to my house when we purchase it. So during GDL we will just concentrate on distributing the cakes.

Meow,

Who is SG?

are

oh no... stress...stress..stress...

me now stressing ovr who to invite in office. seems like so many ppl i cant not invite man... esp since i work closely w another dept. so gotta invite my own dept, plus tat dept too. sianzzz... added up to close to 30 ppl liao.

serene_sng

are,
dun stress.. me more stress... my MIL want vegetarian food for 1 table..then now my hubby also want..then moreever my hubby only 2 friends eating vegetarian.. now 2nd table not full.. lacking of 8 pple.. *faint*

Meow,
I have took 1 bunch with 10 flowers and i small bunch with 5 flowers.. thanx.. paiseh hor..

are

serene... oh no... tats a bit tricky man. maybe can negotiate w ur hotel to hv a table for 12? me juz got to know last nite a malay fren coming, but lucky she ok as long as no pork since mine is buffet.

yve

hmm, i also have some vegetarian and muslim frens.. Planning to cater seperately for them. I.e. one table of chinese food for 10 plus one vegetarian individual set.

yve

aargghhh.. so many things to do... gng nuts and hubby not helping leh..

when to collect wedding album?
when to pay bridal shop? How much?
When to order cakes? how many? how much? How to pay? cash? credit?
How much to pay caterer? how to pay?
When to collect flowers?
When to pay for tour? how much? how to pay?
When to buy the GDL stuff?
when to go for food-tasting?
when to send wine to suntec?
when to exchange cash for ang pows and prepare the ang pows? how much?
when to order the pig?
when to send out all invitations? when to rsvp? when to allocate tables to guests? When to print out the final layout and photocopy for reception helpers? rem to bring pen, ang pow box, music CDs to ballroom..
when to have briefing for helpers?
when to apply for credit limit increase?
when is the furniture coming?
on GDL, what time to start? must be back at Pasit ris at what time to an chuang?
what the sequence of relatives to deliver the cakes?
on actual day, what time to start? when must we reach pasir ris?
facial appts? manicure appts?

leo29

Besse,

Pls.... don't do the countdown, you make me very kan chiong lei... I can feel the wedding mood now but.... can't tell is that happy or over stress... oh shit! Everynite b4 i fall asleep, the wedding things sure come to my mind.....

Yve,

Me having the same planning as you. May have 1-2 muslim guests so intend to let them have individual set.

Are,

Hahaha..... we are opposite. You stress becos afraid of over invited guests but me stress becos i afraid not enough guests to fill my tables..... I mean i try not to invite those not so close friends....

leo29

Yve,

You just complain only rite, not asking for opinion hor...... Ya lor.... many many things to do and buy.... I have draft out a list also but i already indicate the date where i should get it done.... so not so jia lat.....

yve

yeah lah, complained only... make noise.. I have the schedule also lah.. just that all i rem and do.. things just slip his mind all the time.. remind him a few more times, he say i lor soh.. angry..

mtmtmt

Gals, can I ask- the GDL items must wrap in wrapping paper??? I don't know why my mum bought wrapping paper ($2.30 a PIECE and 1 piece not enough to wrap bedlinen!!!)- has wedding bells on it... more like wedding gift paper???

Can I not wrap and just tie red ribbon? Must paster Xi stickers???

yve

MT, even tying red ribbon i already blur leow.. need a lot of red ribbon to tie the comforter, the bedsheets, the baby bathtub, the F&N orange.. my jia zhuang..

leo29

Yve,

Bu2 Shi4 ba... you going to tie ribbons on all your jia zhuang.... How you tie the baby bathtub huh... Paste sticker will do lah.... Just imagine we still got toothbrush/paste, sewing kit holder... you going to tie with ribbon?

meowie

Leo,
refer to the previous posting, SG is a new comer.

Serene,
Go ahead. How come got 10 in a bunch one? I thought all 5 in a bunch?

Anyone bringing their albums to share? I can bring my niang2 jia1 ben3

are

leo29... ya, we opp. i quite sad some frens can't invite cos really too many ppl liao. me oso every nite now & then think abt wedding things, like now, not even doing work! hahaha...

yve...why dun u giv him a copy of ur schedule? me & hubby both hv a calendar tat we update on things so tat we dun forget things lor. & i carry an envelope of lists so i can write down watever comes to my mind, or watever our parents tell us. like i got list for AD things-to-do, AB list, BS to-do list...etc.

besse

Leo

Sorry to stressed you.. i oso start 2 get stressed liao.. my dowry jewellery oso not yet settle.. mum been bugging me, but 1st priority now is the house.. also dowan mum to spend 2 much $$ on the jewellery, but she insist must look better than wat his parents got me.. cos need face.. i faint!! like that compare no end..

Yve

Don worry la, things will be ok, can also involve a close gf to help you lor.. guys are like that, i oso hantam my bf left right centre many times cos he never do things that i assigned him to do and complained i naggy after few reminders.. we have each other for support ma!
happy.gif

Meow,

ok, you bring your album, i wanna beo
happy.gif
. mine's not ready until mid oct.. maybe next time after wedding gathering then we share.
happy.gif
hehe.. same guy huh?! ;) *tease*

who else bringing album??

Ask you all.. are we gonna put the quilt, bedsheets etc into the suitcase during GDL or stand alone? like so many things.. how to squeeze??

yve

yeh!!! Can see Meow's album..
happy.gif

leo, are and besse.. i just letting off steam.. my schedule is in my handphone calendar.. at least i bother to put in the items there.. he buy new handphone and dun use it to the max one.. gave him a copy of the schedule, AD schedule, honeymoon schedule already.. it is whether he read them and take note anot..

besse, haiyah.. everything is about face.. mother want to give our neighbours cakes.. i told her, they are not relatives, no need.. tell her to tell MIL what she wants for GDL.. Mum say MIL should know what to give.. pengs... like that sure gng to have i think, u tot, then no one do..

yve

besse,
i gng to put the quilt in the quilt cover then put it back into the plastic cover that came with the quilt. Put the pillows and bolster in the pillow and bolster covers, put back into the plastic bag. Tie everything up with red ribbon. In suitcase, put "new" clothes. Yeah, so many things.. still got the bathtub, the lamps..

besse

Yve,

men are like that.. they always like to think they look at BIG picture, don like to do all the nitty grittys.. no choice, we do ourselves lor.. come in let off steam, den we press ahead *hugz*

you sent invites oledy? i starting to write mine.. and RSVPing at the same time when i sms frens for address.. some people you can rest assure will come one don need rsvping liao
happy.gif

for the quilt stuff, i think your idea is good, if not will make dirty.. but must put the quilt cover, pillow and bolster cover on hor?

wat other toiletries must bring? GDL no nid bring the jewellery hor??

Haiz, just check my bank acct bal.. v depressing, dropped by so much.. everything also must buy, all 3 digit, 4 digit.. wonder when can grow money back again..

yve

besse,
hahaha.. all i ask from him is to help me to rem things.. not fair lah, always end up the brides do everything.. even the honeymoon... worry about money..

i have given out some of my own friends, will send all on 1 Oct.. Have to sit down with mum to write the relatives.. so little time and so many things to do.. and my stupid uncle in KL has changed his number and did not inform us.. Know where he stay but no address also.. so now can only wait for him to call us.. Last minute, we may have to drive to KL and look for him..

Yeah, put the cover on then look nice mah..
happy.gif
about toiletries, i can only think of putting my new chanel no. 5 on the dressing table.. nothing much leh.. the other half-used ones, i will hide in the toilet.. I bought some new towels and bath mat to match the bedsheets.. very tempted to buy a bathrobe.. :p Want to buy a nice pyjamas too for the AD.. Look nice in pics when doing makeup..

besse

haha.. good idea hor.. buy nice PJ.. those silky button wans.. with nice flora prints.. ok, add it to my shopping list!!

yve

Besse, yeah yeah.. those are nice.. got cheap ones at chinatown... i have a navy blue set, want to buy a pink one..

wenz

Hi Besse,
Really stressed to know that only 36 days to November.... there are still so many things to do...
Just went for first fitting... collected husband suit and confirm hand bouquet for PS next week.... stressed until pimples all out.... feeling very ugly now....
still need to shop for husband tie and shoes.... any recommendation where i can find nice ties?

My coordinator called. Managed to get the loft suite for me next tuesday. Photography in hotel only from 3 - 5 pm.... very rush leh.... what time did u reach the hotel? and what time did u finish?

leo29

Besse,

At least your mum rush you to get the jewellery…. My mum ah…. bo chap one, most of the time is I rush her…. Last week intend to go and buy GDL items but she said ‘siao ah, buy so early ‘ Think of it can make me laugh…. Just imagine we are like ants on the wok and she still taking her own sweet time. Maybe she can’t bear to let me marry off….

Yve,

If your mum want to give your neighbour cake, just let her be lor. She can’t invite them to your dinner so cake is the only thing that she can share he joy with them. Maybe some of your neighbours are very close to her so she feel pai she if don’t give. My parents is also giving cakes to my neighbours…, me no objection

are

yve... my parents oso giving cake to neighbours. already know them for over 20yrs, so will give cake & invite them to dinner.

i oso lazy to argue with them too much, so things tat i can accept i juz give in lor, hoping tat they can kuai kuai do their parts as well! ;P

yve

leo, oh.. the neighbours are invited to the dinner lah.. because cakes is pbeing paid me by me mah.. she asked for 38 cakes.. i counted with her and only need about 26, pls a few more to return and some to pray, at most 33 lor.

are

yve... if it makes u feel better, i'm getting 40boxes. mum wanted 5-6 boxes 'extra' in case my guests wants to eat (!) and 2 boxes to pray. MIL wants 4 boxes to pray! think the gods will be v full on tat day...
happy.gif
hehehehe... juz let them lah... tats wat the wedding is all abt to them! ;P

yve

are, hahha.. happy delivering lor.. i will be running around SG delivering the cakes.. haiz.. help to boost the economy hor..