putise

hi girls...

got outing ah... i wanna go 'coz never went for one before with the Novas
happy.gif
me ok with 26 too

me chose my PS pics oredi... no top up, good girl hor :p

serene_sng

putise baby,

how much is your package...?? i felt abit regret..cos keep remind myself dun top up.. but in the end still top up... hais.... sobsob..

akira

thanks leo for compiling
happy.gif

aloevera, you'll have to indicate if you can make it on either of the days.

dk, thanks for the wine info.

akira

Gathering Attendance Update:

Sept 19 - Besse, Akira
Sept 26 - Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby

looks like Sep 26 more popular
happy.gif

meowie

Serene,
You can go to the chaptuchak market to buy the ang bao box if you want. And maybe those roses that i bought back. Think you can start to take order already. If possible, can help me buy 1 packet of medium size red roses(2cm diameter) back? Think 1 packet got 100pcs inside.
Ah what about cards if you want and even favours too? There's many choices there too. Also if you spot some nice ang bao, can buy back also lor. If really have hor, count me in hor.
blush.gif

putise

serene,

my photo package is separate from bridal, its $1800 for 28 8x12 pics and return all negatives... that's why we din top up 'coz next time if want more, just develop ourselves loh
happy.gif

fishball

hi cath,
did tot of lah, but not finalised leh.... Tinking of a tenor voice like Andrea Brocelli, a Savage Garden song n sth lively for 1st dish.... but hvnt get d songs ready yet lah....

putise

hey girls...

anyone know how to make flower girls hair-bands?? i wanna make those with lots of flowers type...
meow, you know?? can teach me??
happy.gif

fishball

hi bibip,

hv heard enuf horror stories regarding ang pows... it myt not happen to u, n hope it wun happen to all of us too. If someone pack a piece of paper inside an ang pow, you'll be curious to know who it is, rite?

Oso, when you know wat yr frens give u, it can serve as a gauge of what you myt wanna give 4 their weddings as well, rite? At least dats wat others told me....

cath

to add on what fishball said... people can even give empty angbao... trust me... cos several ppl told me liao and that also to my BIL last year wedding... scary rite?

leo29

Meow……, hahaha…… Pls lah, you are not ugly…. but very very adorable and kind hearted. A wonderfull gal…..

Serene….., the timing is ok what. Orh…. your wedding is on Nov 2, no wonder you sound so Kan Chiong. My is Nov 23. Anyway, me no more kan chiong already, knew how it look like. Just afraid the blow up may look ugly.

Puties……, not like you lei… Good gal for this time only issit

Sept 19 - Besse, Akira
Sept 26 - Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera

meowie

Putise,
I thought the hair band is pretty easy to make? Jus buy the flowers from spotlight, then tie them to a wire and bingo, your hairband. But remember must use the white kind of tape rather than the green tape to wrap the flowers to the wire.

Serene:
For Bridal March
·Thank You For Loving Me Bon Jovi
·The Way you Make Me Feel Ronan Keating
·The Way You Love Me Faith Hill
·I Turn To You Christina Aguilera
·My Everything 98 Degrees
·In this Life Ronan Keating
·When You Say Nothing at all Ronan Keating
·Brighter Days Ronan Keating
·Only For You Ronan Keating
·More than That Ronan Keating
·I Do(Cherish You) 98 Degrees
·From this Moment On,Shania Twain with Bryan White
·I Love the Way you Love Me Boy Zone
·For the first time Kenny Loggins
·The Gift Jim Brickman

First Course Food Presentation
· Aria Yanni
· Fable Robert Miles
· You only live once Robert Miles
· Victory Bond

Champage Pouring
· Forever in Love Kenny G
· The Moment Kenny G
· Dream a little dream Laura Fygi
· Sentimal Kenny G
· What will I do Cagnet
· Sundial Dreams Kevin Kern
· Because you love me Celine Dion

Background Music
· Kevin Kern
· Chris Phlips

I personally choose:
1st March in & cake cutting- From my heart
2nd March in - love of my life
Champagne pouring - Every day i love you
First Dish - Victory
Montage - This i promise you

meowie

Serene,
Saw your pics. Bride meimei but hor the sky like going to rain or is it getting dark?

Gals, did anyone saw what Novgroom's question on driver for bridal car? I not very good in answer that question leh.

serene_sng

hi meow,
if dun have red roses, do you want any other colours...?? Do you think they sell teasets over there...??
For the angbaos,How many you need...?? any budget..?? you let me knw...If too expensive, i might go chinatown (Singapore) to buy... that is one ah pek sell cheap.. that's my friend say one.. heehee

putise baby,
i think i really regret... my package is $2988 and i have additional $2.3K.. waah...!!

leo29,
so envious... you guys no need to rush.. but anyway i have uploaded my one & only pic in the novas site... take a look and comments pls.. if any..

putise

leo... wat you mean ah??? :p my pics so so only mah so no need to top up loh...

meow... you make it sound like super easy like that... ?!!?? and just buy the normal plastic hairband izzit?? must still tape ah?? i v bad in handiwork one hor...

piper

Hi jbride,

just did up my guestlist last weekend, but still pending input from my FIL...dunno how many tables he's gonna invite. 1 week say 13, another week say 16....*sigh*

other things like card printing, discuss abt pin jin, things for guo da li etc etc...all not done!!

but i'm going to try a kua which belongs to my SIL's friend this sunday. If it fits, then i can exchange my teadress for my FIL's suit. so exciting...dunno if i'll look obiang in kua or not.

meowie

Serene,
I dun need other colours, I have many liao. Jus that i need them for my signage lah. Last minute can stand out, so need to change colour. Jus remember its those 2cm one can liao. If you need to see the sample, look from my corsage, the 2 smaller flowers beside the big one is my idea size. Thanks in advance. As for the ang baos, budget say ....i also dunno, not too ex can liao lah. They also dun sell very ex there, jus as long you bargain can liao.Maybe not more than $2 per packet? Get for me 3 or 4 packets can liao. If dun have also nevermind.

Putise,
No you go find a thicker wire say 1-2mm diameter, then buy those white tapes used for flower arrangement ones. Look at my cake topper and you'll see what i mean by the wire and tape for. The flowers can also get those similar ones i use for my cake topper.

bibip

huh? got ppl do that? maybe it's just a prank lah, sure they did gif one wif money rite? as for how much they gif and how much you return.. i feel dun have to be too particular lah... just base on your "jiao qing" wif them loh...

dun feel that's it's nice tracking how much they gif...

fishball

haha, bibip, u surprised? There're lots more stories to be told. My colleague do take note n dats wat she told me. Well, to each his own...

ya ya, save d hassle for you, dun code ang pows..

leo29

Putise... I mean you always very naughty so when you tell us you good gal.... i scratch my head lei. That why I said just for this time only, i mean never spend extra on the photos. I tot you are very satisfy with Eric MU and hair do so by rite should be very nice what. Is that your expectation too high?

mtmtmt

Hi Putise,
I notice all pics in Novas dun show all except for the person who uploaded that particular pic.

Meow, you flower handicraft expert, wow.

wedsoon

Hi gals,
I can make it on 26 Sep. So happy to see you all again ;p

Kopibean,
Was surprised to see you and your hubby yesterday at T.Dragon? Sorry for rushing off as my FH is rushing off for a wedding dinner. Have you confirmed your printing format? as for me, they will be faxing to me the format on monday. Hope that I am not too late.

Besse,
How was your PS photos? Does it turns out good. As for me, I was yawning away when I was doing outdoor shooting

putise

leo...

you can see my PS pics at Nova leh... you see oredi then tell me wat you think loh
happy.gif

i do like my pics just that since i have all the negatives back, no point in topping up loh :p

MTMTMT, wat you mean ah?? i tried to attach the flower girl dress on SBO but the attachment wun show
sad.gif

meow... i go to Nova to see your cake topper... but sounds v chiem :p

serene, saw your PS pic, pretty!! but looks like you lying down hor...

cath

the funniest thing based on my BIL's wedding is someone actually put $6 into the angbao and dare code his name too...

serene_sng

putise baby (putise),

yes.. im lying on stone...and behind me is the big sea... scared if slippery... i shouldnt die man.. *sweat*can you guess where is the place...?? sentosa...
but look abit chubby hor... actually i very fat one.. but cannot tone down...sianzzz

are

hi sunnyling! haha... toking abt MJ, i so pai sey leh... bought table & set liao, but haven't even opened the plastic! now panicking ovr the prep lor, dun even hv time to go ovr my new place. ;P

bibip

huh?? haiz.. btw, we can't expect much rite? since we invited them, we dun think of returns also mah... they din tell us to invite them, nor did they ask for the hotels or posh restaurants, the wedding favours, or even the extras on the decor and stuff... so even if they gif less, we shouldn't make noise.. though i feel he's a bit neow for singapore standard... tsk tsk

starmiffmel

leo..u all reply too fast...i tot i the only one.
meow .. not hio lah. must be nice n white teeth cos smiling the whole day mah..heheh

so sad cannot make it... boohoohoo..
wat time u all end the dinner? mayb i can join..
or any gals interested to go party heheh..
cos the event is organised at a pub at mohd sultan.. =p

sandgirl72

H ladies,
I'm finally back in action again after "MIA" for the past 2 days..

Hi teatree
we had our indoor on Wed and outdoor on Thurs. sorry to hear about the minor hiccups U had encountered. don't worry la, yr photos will turn out to be 'mei mei' one la..

we too went to a catholic church in Ponggol as our 1st stop yesterday. pai-seh, i cant remember the name of the church.. but it is pretty near to Ponggol Park there...

after tat, we went to a very quiet and private area off pasir ris to take some natural looks..

were U caught in the heavy downpour in the late afternoon? as soon as we done with our 2nd location and get into the car, the heavy downpour came.. kekee.. so lucky tat we got in the car in time..

it is real fun and exciting doing the PS though it is tiring... enjoyed the great interaction we had with our photographer. he is very fun and nice to work with..

our indoor PS lasted started from 1130am till nearly 7pm then finished.. from AD WG/1st EG/2nd EG/ROM cum teadress. we didn't take those costumes photos..

Hi cutiechair
me too cant bear to take off my AD WG.. juz love the feeling of wearing it... kekekee

well the mani & pedi i did @ Voxy Seiyu Bishan is not that good lor.. the lady was pretty rough and inexperience lor.. she trimmed the cuticle on my right 1st toe too deep then it bleed and hurts when i walk..even now oso painful.. the nail polish don't last at all..

if u want to try, suggest U go to SNAILS @ Wheelock Place. But you got to call them NOW to book yr appt to avoid any disappointment (like wat I had). Can look for Jemina.

our photographer did checked with us where we would prefer to go for outdoor. perhaps U can communicate with yr photographer and tell him/her yr preference.

sandgirl72

Hi jbride
just like Piper, we did our guestlist 2 weeks ago but still waiting for my dear MIL to give us with the exact # of guests she's going to invite..

as advised by my closed frenz, we've also done up an 'ang pow' list for our helpers.

going down to T-dragon tomorrow afternoon to look at Meritus Mandarin invitation cards..

seems like still got quite a lot of others 'big & small' things not done yet..

and now with this SARS again, we're pretty worried about the guest turnout for our dinner. Hope and pray hard by Dec, it is either under control or GONE for good. heheheee...

and how about yr prep?

boo_boo

hi,
thx for welcoming me..... wah.. so many postings i see already eyes also blur. haha.....
i noticed u gals mention novas and the novas site. wat's tat huh? as for my printing i've decided to look see look see first, might be going to jasvy to take a look. and somebody told me hi tec also not bad.
i'm also very fan abt my table arrangements sigh..... really thot my parents will be sitting together with me, now they tell me must have 2 VIP tables. also dunno who to put where so luan... but luckily i'm the first one in my family to have a weding so nobody knows wat to do n i can just decide for myself haha.....

hi MT,
saw tat u sed TD as ur printer, izzit t dragon? do u mind giving me their contacts? how's their service huh? thx..

meow,
i've sent u the other details.

hi serene,
so envious can go BKK. how i wish i can go also.... enjoy urself... if u like wrapped skirts mayb u can buy more from there cos it's so cheap. i saw some sold here which is exactly the same as those i bought there but the prices is triple of wat i've paid so buy more.... haha... oh the skirts r those tat u have to fold down the top kind. quite nice...

cath

ya.. we shouldnt expect much since we are the one who invite them... but that's shock to know, isnt it? heheee... anyway, one or two with these kind of angbao acceptable lah... if too many... i will faintzzz.....

leo29

Who is the one that post the red bedsheet in the Novas site huh? Can tell me where to get it. Look abit Chinah but i feel so warm looking at it.

akira

Sept 19 - Besse, Akira
Sept 26 - Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera, wedsoon

are

leo29.. think it was MT. but i rem she bought it in china, and its not really a bedsheet, juz a sheet & she's going to modify it lor.

but i bought mine frm a shop in bt timah plaza. $120 for both the sheets & comforter. but the worksman not as detailed & nice as MT's lor.

mtmtmt

Hi Leo, abt $30 thereabouts for that cloth, I just laid over a queen-size bed (the pic shows single), and the cloth won't drape over the sides, just hem the sides and cover the whole bed with part of the pillows peeking out under it.

Hi are, yours is good value, if less detailed workmanship is probably more practical for reuse. Cos I saw proper full sets in China still abit ex for my pocket considering I only want to symbolically put on wedding night only (yup, Leo, I agree rather chinese, too much for me too, but just for wedding lah). To be "authentic", should actually buy 2 pieces of that cloth, some flower-embroidered (the flowers have certain nice saying too) pillowcases (and must have ruffles on sides I don't quite understand why too) and dunno-what else... quite... interesting looking.

Instead, I shortcut... but still must incur costs to buy normal plain everyday-use bed clothing to place under the cloth lor.

mtmtmt

Hi boo_boo, yup TD the web I think is www.tdragoncards.com

Service from Connie is good. But be warned they are not known for being the cheapest printers in town (if that is your concern). If you are looking for printing OPTIONS/ designs, then TD is good.

are

MT... not sure if its a gd price lah, but juz got so tired of looking for a red yet nice bedsheet, cos my rm is purple theme, so tot might as well go all the cheena way, at least its a novelty instead of eye sore lor. ;P

kerenelu

Hi Cath,

I am using mainly chinese songs. For my montage, i have gathered around 17 chinese songs to be played along with the powerpoint presentation.

For march-in, I am using Sandy Lam's song and another one thinking of using Stephanie Sun's song. Lately there is one song by her named "Yu4 Jian4" theme song of the new chinese movie. WOnder u heard before? actually i dunno suitable or not leh.. but i find it very touching lor.. but my hubby say the song sounds too sad for march in.. kekekee..

matka

Hey girls

Are any of you giving your helpers corsages? We're thinking of giving them to my fiance's "brothers" and to my "sisters". For the girls, i'm thinking of making them myself (not that I know how to!) with fake flowers. And the guys, we'll give the simple fresh flower that can be pinned.

At the risk of sounding stingy, reason why i'm doing this is to reduce the cost. I found out from a florist friend that a usual wrist corsage with fresh flowers costs about $20 per piece. And it doesn't last... esp with a 2-day event. Which means that I'll have to get 2 sets of corsages. As for the corsages for guys, they'll cost me less than $5 a pc so I'll be able to afford two sets for them.

My qn is: would it be weird to give the girls fake flowers but give the guys fresh flowers? Do they necessarily have to match?

jbride

hi piper, sandy,

sandy, wow! how nice that u had your PS in 2 daz...if i strike lottery tml, i'll go for another PS
32139.gif

hey, i'll be able to see my photos next thur
32140.gif
hope it turned out well...

teatree, i had my mani & pedi done by Jemina @ snails b4 my PS...she's good. It lasted me slightly more than a week ;) i booked 2 weeks b4 my PS...

piper, sandy, u guys r fast...i've not prepare my guest list yet...had a draft one when i was deciding the banquet venue a yr ago...

i've just confirmed my JP, filed for ROM & collected the 'guo da li' & 'chu jia' dates from yu rong zie...the rest all not done yet *stressed*

i've noted down all the things to do & the list is endless
32141.gif
3 mths seems too short ya...gotta 'jia yu'...

i'll be having 9 ah yees & lotz of brothers...can anyone advice me on the ang bao huh? do u think it's better to buy gifts or give bigger angbao for my ah yees?

oh btw, u guys planning honeymoon? is it too early or too late to book?

meowie

Putise,
I should be helping some of them to do their corsage later this month. So maybe if you want can tag along.

Serene,
Thanks

bibip

helo cath.. yah loh.. too many of that, not only i will faint.. think blood also will viomit.. kekek

hi matka, i suggest that you gif those wrist corsages made fm organza ribbons.. it's very nice, and sweet looking, your sisters can even keep it as a memoir.. i'm sure they will like that more than fresh flowers loh... i ordering fm a lady who charges $4 per pc... you interested? i can send you some pics and her contacts..

to match, i feel not necessary loh... but you and hubby have to match lah..
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi cutiechair
forgot to leave U the tel # for SNAILS The Nail Spa. Tel # 6738 0100 located at #03-01 Wheelock Place. Opening hours is 10am - 8pm daily

Hi jbride
dunno why our bridal shop does PS over spread of 2 days.. but it is also good lor cos we can have ample of time for indoor, no need to rush for time to do outdoor...

do share with us yr 'mei mei' pictures when you get them next Thurs, ok? kekekeee

were U recommended by yr fren to Jemina? She did for my ROM.. it lasted me for nearly 2 weeks.

don't worry abt the guest list la.. do it slowly so that u will not miss out anyone..

who did U get for yr JP? David Loh?? kekekee.. we had him for our ROM..

wow... 9 ah yees & lots of brothers? it will definitely be very fun during yr wedding.. either u can give them gifts and treat them to a 'thank U' lunch or dinner after yr wedding lor...

honeymoon? no plan yet leh...