(2003) Brides of year 2003

P

putise baby

leo... me haven't done my trial lah... tom doing at my hubby's home 'coz our dear jit sao on hols so cannot use his studio loh...

thanks lkf... me going to taka now to see see
happy.gif

are, me wrote you email oredi
happy.gif
my BS got some tiaras but not wat i like loh... told my designer to shop for one for me in BKK... see if he will bring back any for me or not...

leo29

lkf,

Hahaha.... me sama. Like you and serene, can't decide where to go. Want to go europe, scare too cold. Want to postpond to April/May, scare pregnant + no honeymoon mood liao. Ai yah...... I think I'll not have baby so fast as what i have originally planned becos... I don't want a monkey child.

lkf

are

thanx. will continue to source around. actually i wld prefer restaurant type as me somehow scare of the western style...so not necessary older generation (or me consider older generation aleady :p)

leo

yah in dilemma lor. initially thot of not having baby so fast but age catching up leh...*sigh* thinking of Turkey but dunno safe or not n there's not many tours to turkey though (so far only saw Ananda, Chan brothers n Reliance's package).

leo29

Putise,

Huh.... so busy still can go holiday. He really know how to enjoy huh. That time I also want tiara for my PS but Jit said not suitable for me. Said my gown is those sweet sweet type, so used flower more suitable. Sound like real.....

are

lkf... no lah, i oso prefer chinese food! will let u hv the number once i get it. me going with hubby to eat some day, u can always join us or i'll fax u a copy of the menu. btw, their restaurant is in hougang. but dun noe the exact location. no time to search yellow pages yet.. ;P

leo29

Are,

If I'm not wrong, it's along upper serangoon rd. It's opposite a Mobil Petrol Kiosk. It belong to my dad friend.

cutiechar

Hi All!

tks for the advice!

Hi Chicory

yar lor, I with silverlining..hopefully he can produce wat we want..but quite worried for my husband suit instead..*pray hard

Hi Ting2

my boss is called tingting as well..err scarli u are my boss..hehe..
I am with silverling. PS in Sept 20..wow..die liao..I haven think of where to go for PS.I have think oli shortlisted a few but never set my mind on any location..haha..btw PS in weekend good bo ar? coz later the streets veri crowded den tey tend to see see look look the couple..den we cannot posture well..veri paiseh one..kekeke..hmm..botanical gardens I think not bad..if I tot of any I inform u..keke..

Hi Naturally,

hopefully he can do it by then..

Wow piper, u good man. can DIY corsages.If I were the one to do it, sure my ah yees nothing to wear in the end..haha
How to do it ar? I have no idea at all..I oli know how to appreciate ppl's corsages but no idea at all how to start..keke

cheers!

are

wah leo... how come your parents' frens all own restaurants??? so you get a lot of free food eh? ;P hehehe... so got discount or not? ;P

kopibean

putise,
for tiaras,you might want to try @
-"Mae" can be found @ seiyu dept store(accessories section)(bugis)
-"Chryster" @ Caltex hse(second level)(provide rental)
-"Muchas" @ Mandarin Hotel Shopping Gallery(Me using...hee)(provide rental)

yve,
for chan brothers travel package in nov/dec, can get frm website or hav to get frm their outlets??
thanks!!

besse

Leo.

hehe.. ya lor, miss you ma.. so you oso dowan monkey kid? hehe.. me too.. so i spared from runing ard with a big tummy next year.. whew.. hmm.. wonder if will get really fat if preg...
sad.gif

shirlynn77

Hello everyone...

Seems everyone is starting to get Kan cheong liao...Remember to get more stickers hor... some for your new place.. hubby place and of course your parents place... even those things like oranges and wine that used for GDL needs to paste stickers on.. of course the red string and the red ribbons which you practically have to use to tie the things with...

Of course.. something which would like to consult everyone here... I am not able to go for a long trip.. only to get a few days leave.. any one got lobang for a short trip to a resort for few days.. 28th Aug to 1st Sep, just wanna to have a few relaxing days after the wedding. Thanks

minx

Hi Pam,

Cool!!! Guess I will not have the mock up session. Must be interesting right?

The location of your PS sounds good too... but wouldn't it only be all indoor? Are you having your wedding dinner at Fullerton? Interesting idea to have your PS at your own home too!

sandgirl72

wow..today our thread is real active.. everyone is talking abt location for PS.. we have not think of any suitable locations as yet.. but was jokingly telling my hubby maybe we can go to Little India cos we stay in that area..
rofl.gif

Hi chicory & naturally
Thank U..
happy.gif
I'm feeling much better now.. Tomorrow have to go back to work liao or else my work will start piling up..

Hi Teatree
my wedding dinner is also on 21 Dec same as U and naturally.. Enjoy the preparation and have fun all the way...
happy.gif

Hi Piper
wow... your wrist corsages are so beautifully done.. very pretty...
happy.gif
how did U do it?? mind sharing yr method with us?? Thank U in advance

Hi cutiechar
don't worry.. i'm sure yr BS will give U a call soon to inform you to go for yr fitting.
happy.gif
Me too have not gone for any fitting yet.. My BS scheduled my 1st fitting for WG & EG next Sat..at the same time, i will be having my trial make up too..

besse

Meow.. ya. the kinky act of snapping hubby pongpong ;) hehe.. memorable hor? *tease*

Shirlynn,

YOu can consider Koh Samui, Krabi, Phuket or even Bali... maybe Bali and Phuket nt so safe these days.. go for quieter resorts lor
happy.gif
Or penang oso nice.. yummy food too.

Gals,

You all started to print the invites? We just got ours.. now doing up the guest list, and at the same time renovating the house.. super shag..

Meow, your place done oledy?? where you get your electrical stuff? hmm.. Wat brand TV you all get har? I was thinking of getting the latest LG model.. the white looking one.. cheaper than Sony by 1K and comes with 4 yrs warranty.. but bf drooling over Sony still..hmm.. *ponder* .. so much decisions to make.. sianz

meowie

Besse,
I'll be getting the Toshiba 29" TV. Colour nicer than sharp. My house not ready lah. My tiles got problem. Yesterday the boss of LSH and boss of that tile supplier came to my house to see

freesia

Hi Piper
Your corsages are really pretty!
happy.gif
Sure your jie meis will really love them....

Can have address of the shop @ Concourse? Does the shop sell a wide variety of these materials?

blue2003

Hi all,

Mine is also in October...is on the 12th...The day is drawing closer...like what Jady said...less than 2 months....
happy.gif

Enjoy your prep!

teatree

hi naturally,

thanks for the advice. will try to relax on the day. anyway, you're rite, most probably i'll be smiling all the time cos i'm wearing the gown. hey, when are you sharing your photos? can't wait to see some gorgeous photos!

hi chicory,

thanks! how's your progress with the wrist corsage?

hi sandgirl,

hope you're feeling better now. mmh your wedding dinner is on the same date as mine so we should have almost the same timeline. oh just read that you'll only go for 1st fitting next sat, me feel kiasu cos had pestered my BS to let me go for 2nd fitting so early. which BS are you with?

hi cutiechar,

i agree that you shouldn't rush your BS cos they might compromise on the quality. you must be very anxious to see your gown. hehehe... tell you something, maybe you can call your BS and make an appointment to see the uncompleted gown.

for my 2nd fitting i told my designer that he didn't need to finish the gown. i just wanted to fit into it and saw if it still fits. i told him that the details can be done later at his own sweet time.

hi piper,

that's a lovely wrist corsage! where did you get the ribbon from? it's very nice.

teatree

hi tingting,

i see that i'll be going for ps first. will update you about it.

have you decided on any outdoor locations yet? think will speak to travis on which locations i should go cos i really can't decide.

hi cutiechar,

forgot to say that you'll be center of attention if you go for ps on weekends. but that's okay cos you'll look very beautiful in your gown and make-up!

i always love to see couples who are taking their ps. even more so now that i'm getting married. hehehe...

lkf

leo

u seems to hv a lot of makan lobangs...got discounts ot not..kekeke

besse

will be printing my invites in early sep, cos it's 7th mth now so my mom sad hold on till sep. i'll be getting mine this Fri.

meow

wat happen to ur tiles? thought u already chosen

chicory

Hi cutiechar,

Dun worry about your hubby's suit cuz' the tailor can really make it real fast, my hubby jus went for measurements on tue and next thur will go for first fitting already. Will be able to collect the suit by 1st week of sept. Doesn't matter that your PS on sat, i also like to "kaypoh" when i see couples having PS
happy.gif
cuz' the brides look so beautiful and the grooms so handsome. Usually people will "give way" to you when they see you taking PS.

Hi piper,

Very nice wrist corsages you have done, can teach us how to do it
happy.gif
? The ribbon part looks difficult to me. I am thinking of doing simple ones...

Hi teatree,

eh... i haven't started on the wrist corsages, wondering if i should go Arab Street, Spotlight or concourse to buy the materials. But i have never been to Arab Street so not sure which shops there carry nice ribbons and flowers
happy.gif
. How are your preparations, cuz' read that both your banquets will be in Indonesia? Your PS on 11 Sept rite? Do share your experience with me too cuz' yours is before mine.

Hi Sandgirl,

When is your PS, i keep forgetting you are with which bridal. Are your gowns MTM or OTR?

sweetie

Besse,
I got a panasonic 29" TV. Picture good...

I plan to print my invites in mid Oct.
I will email my friends to ask if they can attend early oct. Then mail the cards during end Oct. Then RSVP mid Nov. Any comments?

bonnie

Hi

mine is also Oct 12th......seems like alot of things not done yet....sigh....

(1) guo da li things not purchased
(2) wedding cards not printed
(3) wedding photos not collected
(4) wedding dinner not yet finalize
(5) wedding song not selected...
(6) erm.....like still got a lot things not done.

what about all of you?

naturally

Hi everyone!
happy.gif

I like your corsages, Piper!! So pretty!! Any idea where else can i buy the materials? Concourse and Spotlight a bit out of the way for me... and Arab Street is foreign to me, heehee, me lazy shopper! Good thing we got one "sample" to follow liao... heehee!
biggrin.gif
I think u just started a DIY corsages trend here!
happy.gif

Just to share abt having PS on weekends, i had mine on a sunday, and Marina South Park was surprisingly quiet, so u gals may want to consider this place if u want to avoid crowds.
happy.gif

piper

hello,

the 3rd level of concourse has quite a number of shops selling fake flowers & party stuff. I bought my materials from diff shops coz i buy them on diff day....but the prices is abt the same there.

The ribbon costs abt $5 for 3 ft...the uncle selling the ribbon tell me dun need to buy such good one cos only wear for a day. he tell me to buy those cheap cheap satin ribbon - costs abt $2 only.

Actually the ribbon quite easy to make. just loop them up & tie them in the middle with a wire. The flowers came with wires also. so tie up those 2 wires with green tape then attach ribbon.

The red dots came in a stalk. I cut them up then use super glue to fix them on the flowers. Used a tube of super glue for my corsages coz got the fix the ribbon in place as well, if not the ribbons will not "surround" the flowers like wat u see in the pic.

hope u all can try it out too...quite simple to make. Spent 1 saturday afternoon & finished 6 corsages.

are

leo29... found out frm my dad there r 2 'ah pings', & the one we want is in hougang not upp serangoon, so shd be diff.

lkf... got vague directions to go there. will let u noe once i 'find' it.

besse... i bought toshiba 29" 100MHz. v nice pic oso. but blew $1400 cos we took interest free instalment frm harvey norman. we figured a savings of $200+ (if we buy outside) is less impt than stretching our meager budget.
happy.gif

amore

hullo... ask u gals... i dun plan to have guo da li..... if no guo da li... when should my hubby give my mum the ping jing huh?....

jady

haha bonnie,

i worst.
going AUS for 2 wks end this mth to work. by time i come bk is 1st wk Sept. wedding beginning oct.hubby going Taiwan to work during last wk sept. so we hv only 2.5 wks in sept to do these stuff which we hvnt done!

(1) guo da li things not purchased
(2) wedding cards not sent
(3) hvnt inform relatives
(4) food tasting not done
(5) hvnt finalise with hotel on tables,etc
(6) RSVP
(7) red wine hvnt bought/chosen
(8) buying mum's dress
(9) hvnt buy si dian jin
(10)hvnt find videographer
(11)hvnt choose my tea dress
(12)hvnt buy bedside lamp
(13)wedding photos not collected
(14)hvnt finalise tables & seating arrangements
(15)hvnt buy cd with 1st march in song
(16)hvnt decide on 2nd march in song & rest of the songs to be played throughout dinner

i think i want to jump off building liao.....

chicory

hi naturally,

Maybe we should organise a shopping trip to Arab Street, cuz' the place is also foreign to me...
happy.gif

hi piper,

Thanks for your very detailed explaination, the flowers are attached to the ribbon by super glue huh? Or via wire? *confused*

naturally

Hi Piper,
Oh, i thot the flowers were taped to the ribbon, so must use super glue... btw, how many ft of ribbon did u buy? Thk u for the tips ah!
happy.gif
happy.gif

besse

Meow..

Is it the living room tiles? what happened?? hmm.. change the whole set if the prob is from the supply side.. assert your rights!!

Just started doing electricals.. haiz.. i really hope the whole look can look nice.. *pray*

Hmm.. ask you all hor.. budget for 34" TV at $2500 is ok hor.. i just throw him a budget to get his dream TV within it.. so don restrict .. *ponder*

lkf

meow

they hv not laid the tiles rt? can change to another (better) batch?

are

can roughly let me know which part of hougang?initiately i also thot it is at upp serangoon rd, near the teochew kueh shop. my colleague recommended guan hoe soon in joo chiat to me, mebbe will give them a call on their quotation too.

leo29

Are,

My dad is a Chef so he know many ppl in the food industrial. You must be thinking that my dad sure cook alots of good food for us to eat, rite. You are wrong. He is so tire of the food that he don't want to step into our kitchen. But.... if we want to eat anything, we can just request him to cook, like chillie crab, yam yam... As for mum's kitchen, it's my poly friend that open it.

Yesterday passby the rest. that i mentioned to you but i think no more there liao. I saw a new signboard. Maybe they move liao

piper

eh...chicory, the loops that u see that surround the flowers are tied to the flowers with wire. but to make them stay close to the flowers, i dab some super glue on them & stick them to the side of the flowers....

as for the ribbons to be tied to the wrist, i just cut a reasonable length & tie it to the wires.

Hi naturally, i bought the entire roll of ribbon. think it's either 3 or 5 ft which costs ard $5 per roll.

jady

hi stressed,

but u got more time than me to prepare mah. i got only 2.5 wks to finish everythg leh....
sad.gif

worse, now cant do anythg cos ghost mth..

ok, we meet at westin ok?:p

matka

hihi amy

join the oct 4th club! I'm also having my wedding on 4 & 5 Oct.

Ok, pls educate me ladies... i hear this 'si dian jin'? What's all that about? Me very ignorant
sad.gif

leo29

Besse,

You don't have to guess, pregnant sure make us fat one. Thinking of the fat fat Leo after giving birth really turn me off man. Just wonder have to take how long to go back to normal body, haiz.... Hey, the following year, roaster sound not so good also lei. Just imagine you have a daughter. Hahaha... you know what i mean? That day i was joking with my hubby.

are

leo29... ya lor, i wld imagine a chef dad wld be a total relief to your mum! ;P hehehe... oh well, once in a while got specials oso not bad mah...

lkf... hmm... my dad is not really sure, so i'm gonna hv to go reccee. we went there abt 4 yrs bac, not even sure if it is still there! ;P but it seems like it shd be ard ave 2, 3 & 4, a landed property area. shd either enter thru realty park or ave 4. but we're really not sure! ;P

amore... maybe you can just choose a date abt 1wk b4 your AD like us to juz meet up and pass the ang bao lor. cos your mum will hv to return part of the ping li also.

bibip

hi jady..

my BS is thomson wedding d'sign and i'm holding the wedding at M hotel...

how about you?

for me, most of my things done liao, except some small items not bought yet, but that not an issue lah.. just chose my photos last nite only..

jady

hi bibip,

my bridal is jazreel low & banquet in hilton hotel.

gd for u tat most things done. look at mine! stressed & i want to jump liao!:p