(2003) Brides of year 2003

K

kk

Hi Fishball,

Really works ah?? Hmmmm, then my hubby will be asking me how come i face black black the whole day today.. hahahahahaaa.... won't the muscles become stiffer as a result? hahahaa...

A

amerline

hi kk,

i think u must smile more today, or else tomolo smile too much at one go ur face will start to cramp....hahhahahaha.... all my nite shots all no smile one...face cramp already, so end up take those cool cool look shot.

dun worry at the weather, it will turn out fine. i help u to pray for the sun k?

hi fishball

i intend to give to those helpers like make-up artist, photographer, banquet staff, caterer, musician etc as a form of appreciation.

i lazy leh, maybe this weekend i go start on the "bouquet". successful than i can start my own wedding favour sale hahahhhaa

wendyl

Hi naturally,

yup,i typed wrongly,shld be not swelling liao.
But worried about the weather leh,hope it won't rain.

Wendy

fishball

kekeke... kk mei mei, we are pulling yr leg. Flash yr megawatt smiles tmrw, then go for a facial to remove deep makeup cum massage yr face from aches lor... hee...

A

amerline

hi fishball,

i agree on the facial part, its a must! had a outbreak on my back and face from the tonnes of make-up....*sob*

vivace

hi ally

both of us are not christian, so we can only join those course organise by govt...
happy.gif

i juz click on the link... seem like the course would be conduct online, m i rgt?
uhoh.gif

i heard from others tat we both got to go down their place to attend the course???

pooh

Hi Delannie,
actually i have the same problem with u. My granny is quite unhappy with my hubby aunt (the mei po). As my MIL she start to say things like she have to made decision on some of the things cant leave everything to me and hubby after her frens tell her this and that.

The worst thing is my MIL like to call me and not my hubby sometime dunno how to reply her also.

So now we start to cover up and talk nice things to both side hope everything goes well.

My hubby actually tell me not to be unhappy. If anything unhappy abt my MIL just tell him he can settle lor.

At least yours is 1 wk away, mine is 3 wks away so now and then they will ask this and that. Really hope the Guo Da Li get over early.

Hi lobangking,
thanks..

K

kk

Hi Amerline,

Sure or not? That reminds me of flag selling when i was in JC. That was 8 yrs back. I smiled at passers-by in the morning till afternoon. In late evenings, i just merely say "u want to donate?" without smiling.. hahahaa.. very tired of smiling :p

Hi fishball,

Cheh, of course i know u joking with me.. hahaa... i guess i will get all those pok pok the next day after the heavy tonnes of makeup... haha...

ally

hi vivace... hmm, i'm not too sure about whether u have to go down to fei yue for the course. thot it was online. why dun u email them or give them a call to find out?
happy.gif

A

amerline

hi kk,

ya, they put makeup on the upper body and back bcoz mine is bare back, so i wash not that thorough behind and everything pop out....sad sad

its worse than selling flags, bcoz of the awkward positions u have to maintain on top of the megawatt smile hahahahaha

u enjoy the experience......

K

kk

Hi Amerline,

Yah lor, i know. That time for my rom makeup, the makeup artist also put makeup on my back. But that time rom makeup very light, so nothing happened.. kekeke.. this time nan2 tiao2 jie2 shu4.. kekekee...

Cute hor, when u all use the word "megawatt"... hahahaaa....

kare2711

Pausini
Thanks... this is one huge headache for me. Still wondering if we can do that. Maybe I can take photos after lunch? And then go back to the bridal room to change to tea dress? Because my in law's house as well as the bridal house are both at Bukit Timah, I was wondering if I can grab a few photos around that area.

A little rant: You all know I've been running almost every morning, and I think I've somehow lost a little weight. But I don't think enough to make a big difference on the big day. Anyway, today, I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business, rocking my chair when a male colleague cum friend said to me, "Ah Pwee, don't rock the chair too hard or you'll fall." It may seem like a joke to him but it was terribly hurtful. Especially when I'm very aware that I'm not that slim. It's very difficult to love one's own body when people made remarks like that. That single remark really spoilt my whole day.

serene

Hi Amerline,
I went to Hai zi shu and the bridge (suppose to link the southern part of sg?), it drizzled on last Fri too..was quite worried that there might be heavy downpour, luckily it didn't! Wanted to catch the sunset but didn't too...went to Fullerton for my nite shots
happy.gif

kk: wow..you bringing alots of barangs barangs hah
happy.gif
enjoy yr PS tomorrow.

fishball: long time no see
happy.gif
Yalor..everyone busy with PS, reno etc...two of my frens getting married this weekend, colleague next week..another fren customary in early June..wil be busy helping them..plus haven't settle my hse stuff..think got to postpone meeting to Jul..paiseh paiseh

bonjour

hi all,

i'm joining the Sept "march". haha... postponed from June to sept due to time constrain.

anyway, didn't do anything much yet. Actually, still am puzzled wat to prepare... ;p

lobangking

hi pooh, i think the wine dealer shld hv emailed u as i've received her reply.

hi taddness, i've also sent her ur email addr.

hoping tt u both r able to find wat u want from her.

shirsweetiepie

Hi Vivace

Nothing much,just bringin my stuffs to the new place over weekends..FH & I love cleaniness,therfore will hv a mini cleaning session once every few weeks.
happy.gif

yes,we stay over there last weekend,saw lota of flies under our living rm ceiling lights. feel them sickening.
but think this might due to the cold,after rain days.

Hi ally

Wow!! great 2 hear that both of u gotta to know & appreciate each other better down,while on ur way down the road to ur lifetime committment wif each other.
happy.gif

It's must be an eye-opening experience,where u get to know MORE & in-dept of each others' personality,character,style etc etc.
happy.gif

I wanted to join such courses too,but too bad, FH fun reali like these kind of stuffs. snob snob...
sad.gif

Welcome bonjour

Another happy sept bride to be!!
*hip hip Hurray!
happy.gif

so u shortlisted/found ur bridal studio already? wat bout venues for ur banquet??
think these are 2 impt areas to look into @ this pt of time.
happy.gif

then follows by,will be ur guest lists,shoppping sprees for ur wedding prepations.

A

amerline

hi serene,

we went to same place! only diff is that i oso went to rasa and victoria concert hall heheheheh

i oso got frd customary in early june, dunno wat to wear, so stressful!

pausini

Heh Kare: I dun think he mind it. Some pple are give like that.

How are u doing now? will the announcement yesterday affect ur trip again? AS u need to transist via HK?

jazz

Kare, as pausini said, dun bother about the guy, some ppl are just like that. Btw, your lunch will be at your hubby's house? If so, maybe, you could take some picts somewhere near (hope your house is near) eg. Botanical Gardens or anywhere with a nice scenery or backdrop. Then go back to change to tea-dress before going back to your mum's house? Or maybe, it's possible to take some picts before going to your in-law's house?

Pausini, hehe... Malaysia will be a good getaway, out of Singapore and your office too. Hope you'll have a wonderful time in Malaysia!
happy.gif
Btw, what announcement is that on, Cathay?

Meekoo, thanks! Hope that I'll be able to get some photoshoots too! Been to Upper Pierce Reservoir to racky, wow, the place looked very nice. Wanted to consider taking picts there, but scared if it rains, then I won't be able to go there, so opt for Esplanade instead, at least, if it rains, can run for shelter. Where did you take your picts at?

Me too wonder how did Shook's wedding go.

wen

Hi Dk,
Jodie has sent me the wedding photography contract. What i need to do was to sign, fax to them and follow w a cheque by post. i guess now only have to wait for another discussion before the actual shoot, right?

As i am going to send them the cheque soon, have not received any receipt yet. You can always check w Jodie if she can issue you a reciept. I am sure should not have any problem.

Have you met up w TW for his designs already?
TY gave me 4 designs and I have not decided on which one. Late minute, saw my dream gown from VW advertisement in previous issue of FemaleBrides, even went to take a look but not really what i want. So thinking of asking TY to create something similiar for me. But v ex so not sure what to choose now. Big headache...
I hope u have an easier time confirming your design.

you can call me anytime anyday...

wen

Hi Leo29
I also thought it is mandatory for company to pay back if PH fall on Saturday when your company is 5 work-day. My company will add one day to our leave so we can take any time we want.

vivace

hi ally,
tks for ur advise, will give them a call to check... if it is online, fei yue is now giving out the online course for 1st 100 couples for free... so, i got to hurry up
lame.gif

hi bonjour,
welcome welcome!
happy.gif
think u hv found ur bridal and banquet rite since u wanted to hv ur wedding in june, so hv u taking ur PS? most of the bridal need abt 2 months to come out the albumn... so, better start choosing ur gowns liao
wink.gif

hi shirs,
happy for u
happy.gif
... now, u r slowly shaping up ur love nest... after getting mine one... both FH and i becomming more more homely...
we almost spend every weekend at there...
happy.gif

wen

Hi Green,
One of my friend did her solemnization right after first match-in on stage. Her dinner start at about 830pm on wednesday evening and the solemnization process takes about 15 mins. Then followed by dinner match-in.
Or you can have it earlier like 700pm in a smaller ballroom. After that, reception.
If your wedding is on saturday or sunday, can have it in the afternoon.

R u going to have your dinner in November as well? Mind to tell us where?

As for the wedding cards, I thought it is pretty standard and will be provided by the hotel or printing house. If you intend to inform about your solemnization, include a program.

Hope this helps.

babbit

Hi everyone,

How's everyone's preparation??? Not doing anything on my wedding at the moment. Now putting all my effort on renovation n shopping for furniture. Now very clueless abt mattress, everyone seems to be so "knowledgeable" abt the different kind of mattresses.

Hi bonjour,

How come your wedding is postponed til sep? The banquet too?

may

hi gals,

i am on leave. but at my parents hse so can log in and chat a while. can u all believe it, i am still working on my falsh prsentation...so many hiccups...want to muderder my brother....

Jazz...u very cool leh..consider yr wedding is 3 days after mine. i am a nervous wreck... both hubby and i are running on short fuse...snapping at each other...the only thing nice is that i read my horoscopr for this week and it says that this week will be a week that i look back with a smile...sounds positive hor.

Kare: dont be upset by your colleague's remark. As long as you look radiant as a bride can liao. dont be like me so stress...not eating and sleeping well...also dunno why...sigh....

Pausini: woh..so good can use this kind of excuse to give yr boss..i also want...
yah..i also need a break man...

yah..what annoucement on cathay? so busy now that got no time to read or watch news...

Shook, must be enjyng herself...now tat all is over...

Jazz: i will be dropping by at Upper Pierce for my outdoor shots on tat day...

thanks for all the well wishes...will let u all gals know how it well next week....

wish me luck..and all those that r upcoming up too. Jazz...be mei mei..ok...and hopefull rich overnight..ha..ha

pausini

May: What excuse? dun worry i am sure ur brother will be able to get it up. still got time.
U settle all ur stuff? How abt mani and pedi?

be a mei mei bride ok...

kare2711

May
Have a wonderful wedding, and judging by your horoscope, I think it's going to be a great wedding!!

I think I know what Pausini said - that MOE is going to take action against teachers who go to SARS affected countries, right? Well, I don't care since I'm going to France anyway, and it's not to any of the SARS affected countries.

I'm still very down actually. I couldn't forget what my colleague said yesterday. So I didn't sleep well the whole night. I kept on thinking .. I have been putting so much effort waking up early to run and then someone had to come and make such comments.

And then today I dropped my less-than-one-week-old handphone. I was really upset.

pausini

Kare: sad to hear that. Have u report the lost???? everything will be better soon.

why u so upset abt wat that man said. we have to accept what we are. If we cant, how can others?

u know after married, i look even fatter but my weight still stay the same. I have no idea why like that. At least i weight more and i look fat then it is normal.

So kare, dun get upset by wat he said ok. u are suppose to be happy. SMILE

kare2711

Pausini
LOL! You put a smile on my face. Looks like it can be worse huh? No lar! I dropped my phone but it is still with me. I don't know. Maybe it's the built-up stress! Like one comment can make me explode!

jazz

May, oops, think I got it wrong, the announcement was meant for the teachers, not Cathay. Dun worry, you'll also be a mei mei bride on Thurs! Good luck and may you have a great wedding!!!
happy.gif

Kare, dun worry abt those comments. They'll come and go. Just like I get damn irritated when those aunty neighbours come and ask me "wah, you go slimming centre to "jian fei" ah?". Think it was meant as a joke, but it's definitely not funny to me. What to do, just ignore them loh.

Pausini, do you still have the contact for Fave Nails? Or any others (preferably in central) that's worth going for mani or pedi? Thanks!

vivace

hi babbit,
my PS juz over and not start to search for the bridal car rental...
sad.gif

my bridal do provide the car for me Merz E200... but do u all know tat there are 2 types of E200?
uhoh.gif
one is "square eye" the other one is "1-big-1-small"... i hv a friend who were oso the same bridal as me encounter this incident... juz few days b4 her actual day... the car rental co call her up ask her whether she want to upgrade to the "1-big-1-samll" merz... tis will cost additional $80... if not she will the "square eye" instead... of course, who want to take the older design rite? and by saving troubles on look car by herself (rmb, only few days left...) she decided to pay tat additional...
i was wonder y cant the car rental co give us the latest design since is oso under the same model??? y do we hv to pay the extra for tat??? tat y, i m not start looking at the rate, probably would like to get a car myself, furthermore, i dont quite like Merz, juz tat if the bridal package include it, then i will take it loh! anyone know any reliable car rental co??

maryann

Dear all nov03 brides,

I'm surprised that this thread started as far as May02. Now I started to realise that I'm running out of time for the wedding preparation, as I actually decided to tie the knot last month after a courtship of 7 years. My customary date is 2 Nov & ROM will be 19Jul.
I need help/opinions from all of u with regards to the wedding venue & bridal shop etc. I'm actually considering Holiday Inn, any opinion with this hotel?

wen

Hi Maryann
I started planning for my wedding in Jan and it is quite late cos some of the dates i want have already been taken. I think it is important for you to confirm the hotel first, then bridal shop for your gowns and photography.

For hotels, you may want to call a few for proposals and make comparison before deciding which to choose.

For bridal shop, make appointment and try their gowns before signing up. By doing so, you will know whether the cut and fit is suitable for you.

if you need more info, you can email me at [email protected]. I will be happy to help.

kare2711

Jazz, Pausini & May
Thanks! After a long day at work, all is forgotten and I'm back to my crazy confident self!! All thanks to good comments from you all. :kiss:

K

kk

Hi Gals!!

I am back from ps!

Yah, it is a tiring day! Just managed to
clean off makeup and hair stuff.

Yah, great experience! Fun but tiring outdoors! Today although drizzling, but still warm, so i sweat a lot
sad.gif

Went to sentosa and esplanade area. Sentosa, slight drizzle.. but still
manage to take shots at the beach, the old old house, the hai zi and orchid garden.

For esplanade, all the evening shots lor. Very nice
happy.gif

sue

Hi May, rest well & u'll look mei mei... all the best to you on yr wedding.
happy.gif

Hi Jazz, Fave nails has two outlets. I'll be going to the Scotts Rd branch on Fri. Their address & tel as follow:
1. Scotts Rd, #05-10 Shaw Centre S228208 Tel: 62355015
2. Raffles Place #04-14 OUB Ctr S048616 Tel: 65366825

besse

Hi Maryann

Welcome to the thread!! and congratz on the decision to move on with the nezt stage of life after 7 years of courtship *amazed!!

My wedding's on 2nd Nov too..
happy.gif
Customary and solemnisation same day
happy.gif

Like wat Wen suggested, you may want to quickly finalise your banquet and your bridal and photographer as 2 Nov is a v hot date.. I started my prep in Feb and had a hard time getting a slot in the hotels of my choice. Was v lucky 2 have someone postponing her wedding and cancelling her booking..

Good luck and keep us posted k!?

Hi Green

Me oso doing solemnisation on same day as customary.. As we are having quite a big banquet and also a military march in, we decided to hold the solemnisation separately in another function room (which we bargained from the hotel for free) at abt 6 - 630 for only close frens and family.. cos dowan to squeeze too much prog into the dinner itself, and another reason is also becos we wanted to march in as a newly wedded couple
happy.gif

For Decor wise, we plan to use the flowers decor for our Banquet for the solemnisation room.
happy.gif

Otherwise, you can also do the solemnisation in the Banquet itself but must manage the timing well.. cos singaporeans all come late and banquet might drag..

Wen..

Howdy!? Confirmed your gowns?? Me went for 1st fitting on Saturday.. quite like my WG.. as for EG, din quite turn out the way i wanted it to be, but .. still waiting 2 see the details..

wen

Hi Besse,
i envy... at least you have your first fitting already... me still on design stage. my EG & tea dress ok but have not decided on the design for WG yet. Very stressed now cos only 4 months to PS. Die die also have to confirm by last of the week. Will be meeting him again on Friday to discuss on WG.
sad.gif

Dont worry with all the detailing, your EG will turn out v stunning. It is red n bare back, right? wow... will be v sexy... have photo?
when r you going for second fitting?

maryann

good morning everyone,

I manage to find 2 venues which is available, but can't decide between Holiday Inn Park View & Novotel Apollo.

Does anyone happen to attend a wedding dinner there before?